Two Quickies

Started by Idlewyld, September 18, 2014, 10:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlewyld

Hi!

Here are a couple of ideas for quick short-term group freeform roleplays. They're still in the planning stages but I think they have potential.

Bull or Bare

A sudden ice storm shuts down DFW Airport and six stranded travelers find themselves at the Airport Hilton with only one suite to share between them. Stuck inside with only the copious and comped minibar and each other's company to provide solace, one suggests a game of Bull or Bare, a storytelling game where the only thing more enticing than the tales are the forfeits. Strangers become friends, friends become lovers, and anything is possible.

Cast List:
Constance Meadows (Idlewyld) - Flight Attendant
Derrick Steele (Zeth) - Businessman
Paige Larson (Marjolaine) - Freelance Book Editor

The PSP

The Pi Nu Sigma fraternity is holding its annual PSP (Progressive Strip Party.) Every half-hour, the bells chime and the guests donate another article of clothing for charity right there on the floor. Did your character come just out of curiosity, or something more? Will he or she leave early, or stay for the full monty? And what happens after?

Vanetias

Interested on the 2nd idea.

Emjay

Hi this sounds interesting. I really like the Hotel idea.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Zeth

Interested in Bull or Bare.

Emjay

Quote from: CuteButSlutty on September 18, 2014, 11:30:13 PM
Hi this sounds interesting. I really like the Hotel idea.

Yeah Bull or Bare is what I meant *laughs*
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Idlewyld

That brings us to three (including me) for Bull or Bare - the idea calls for six so we'll see if we can get enough people.

And of course so far PSP has one person indicating interest (or two if you include me.) The required numbers there aren't as rock solid, but I'd like to get at least a few more people on board before getting started.

Zeth

You could probably do Bull or Bare with just 4 people to be honest.

Cynadea

Depending on how the posting is set up, I might join Bull or Bare. Would you keep the six people all together at all time for the game, or would they split up and challenge each other more "privately"? Honestly, I can't RP with five other characters at the same time. It's just too much.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Idlewyld

I see it largely running in one large room at least for the main thread though there would certainly be times when two characters might go off on their own. Structure for each round looks sort of like this...

Story (One person) -> Reactions (Group) -> Forfeits (Mostly one-on-one)

azzmeister89

Bull or bare sounds fun to me

Idlewyld

Well, that puts us at four at least for B or B, maybe five or six depending if Aysande and Vanetias would be willing to join in the fun. That being said, I think I'll set up the thread today. The fun of the game is in learning about each other's characters so there's no formal application process though of course please make sure and check out everyone's O/O's.

Idlewyld

IC thread is here

OOC thread is here

Enjoy!

Emjay

Quote from: Idlewyld on September 21, 2014, 06:13:04 PM
IC thread is here

OOC thread is here

Enjoy!

Newbie here! What do OOC and IC stand for and what are they for?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Idlewyld

Quote from: Marjolaine on September 21, 2014, 06:28:23 PM
Newbie here! What do OOC and IC stand for and what are they for?

IC is In Character - the actual game

OOC is Out of Character - any comments or chit chat you'd like to make as a player.

Emjay

Ok. Thank you Idelwyld. So our characters are people that are in the same hotel but all coming in from different cities and connecting through Dallas but their flights were all canceled?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Idlewyld

Precisely. You should begin by introducing your character as she flies in and gets on the hotel shuttle.

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Idlewyld

Quote from: Marjolaine on September 21, 2014, 07:32:20 PM
Aye aye Captain!

By the way, this is the kind of thing one normally puts in the OOC thread.

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Idlewyld

Added Cast List for Bull or Bare.