Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters

Started by Sabby, December 20, 2010, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Just saw the Finale. Amazing. Simply amazing. I haven't gotten that into a series finale since SPD.

What? You were expecting me to say RPM? That series isn't flawless, just absurdly close to it xD SPD's finale was definitely better.

Sabby

The Final Battle From Power Rangers Mystic Force

A bit disappointed that there was no actual fighting, but the music and the roll call blended so well.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 27, 2011, 09:38:46 AM
Red Mystic Ranger has drumsticks >.>

Maybe...but they don't have an established set of tools like Ninja do. :/

Anyway....What was the last power ranger season..the one before Samurai called?..That one seemed pretty interesting.

Sabby

Power Rangers RPM! Get in gear! Power Rangers RPM! We stand ta-geh-tha! Power Rangers RPM! Get! In! Gear!

Sabby

ShadowRaven4d4

I have not gotten involved with power rangers since I was...11 maybe? I forget how old I was when they started getting into Zeo I think.

Sabby

Hopefully, this thread inspires people like you to try it again =3

Wolfy

Yeah that one..which was the last one that Disney Produced before Saban took over again.

I dunno..I like Samurai, don't get me wrong..but...it doesn't have that..polish.

Then again, Saban has been out of it for a while, so perhaps if there are more seasons in the future it will get back into the swing of things and start being better.

Sabby

I went back and saw some clips of SPD, since I'm stalling on watching Overdrive, and I just noticed something... SPD has got to have the best power level development of any series o.O its so gradual and balanced.

Okay, heres how I noticed it.

1. B Team is absolutely intimidated by A Team.
2. B Team is introduced to Crybots. Quickly learns to deal with small groups.
3. B Team are gradually introduced to greater numbers of Crybots.
4. B Team is introduced to Blue Heads, ranged attackers and Zord pilots.
5. B Team now faces increasingly large groups of both Crybots and Blue Heads.
6. B Team are introduced to a single Orange Head, an elite melee unit. It takes the entire team to beat.
7. B Team gradually improve as the number of the Crybots, Blue Heads and Orange Heads increases.
8. B Team can now handle one or two Orange Heads without issue.
9. B Team members can now battle Orange Heads on their own.
10. B Team are introduced to massive elite variants of Orange Heads.
11. B Team are now handling dozens of Crybots, Blue Heads, and small groups of both standard and elite Orange Heads at a time.
12. B Team faces A Team as less then equals. Return for a rematch and win.

See what I mean? We went from a couple of Putty class enemies to Lord of the Rings level armies with higher concentrations of elite units, and there was never a time where it jumped. It was steady and gradual to match the B Teams improvement.  It kind if looks like an RPG when summarized in a dot point.

Sabby

Sabby

I'm bored and caffeinated, so mash up time!

The Magna Defender

A cloaked knight, with a sword that could turn into a shotgun. Watched his son be murdered, and was then sealed away for 3000 years, where his hate and desire for revenge changed him. He fused with the Red Rangers brother, which let him escape, and in his quest for vengeance, he frequently put the Rangers and civilians in danger. Soon, the good of Mike's soul clashes with his deeds, and the good inside of him starts to destroy his body.

Defining moment: Walking through flames and energy bursts to sacrifice himself and undo a chain reaction he set in place, that would have destroyed his sons murderer, but thousands of innocent lives as well.

PRLG Magna Defender sacrifices himself

Koragg, The Knight Wolf

One of the original Mystic Force Rangers (backstory) who sealed the Underworld with himself inside, committed to battle The Master eternally, until he fell. Dark Magic warped Lianbow into Koragg, The Masters subservient henchman, but his sense of honour remained, and it often hindered his ability to serve darkness.

Defining moment: Its... hard to put a clip here o.O there were plenty of great scenes, but none stand out to me. Its especially confusing since any scenes I would have chosen happen after Koragg becomes Lianbow again, or when his son becomes the new Koragg. I'll need a clip, but this was a hard choice to make...

Koragg: The Knight Wolf Tribute

Anubis 'Doggie' Kruger

The last of his species, he fought his last stand as his planet was destroyed by Emperor Grumm, but was left alive to suffer. Becomes the leader of Space Patrol Delta on Earth, but when Grumms fleet sets its sights on Earth, his demons come back to haunt him.

Defining moment: I was torn between his last stand on his planet, and the scene where he finally faces Grumms general, who defeated him in that same scene, but the last one wins in the end. Truly epic scene.

Shadow Ranger Debut Fight

I chose these three because of how strikingly similar they are... each uses a sword and fights with some measure of honour or general mastery (where as Rangers rarely come off as seasoned, long time masters) and each treads a dangerous line between Hero and revenge obsessed Anti-Hero, due to a tragic backstory. A fight between any pair, or all three, is almost impossible for me to side with...

Sabby

Saban's comment on the missing origin episodes of Samurai "All will be reveal0ed"

Thats not a typo... reveal0ed. lO. 10. Episode 10.

Kunoichi

Oo; I see...  Well, if they actually show it, I may give this series a shot...

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on April 02, 2011, 04:57:36 PM
Saban's comment on the missing origin episodes of Samurai "All will be reveal0ed"

Thats not a typo... reveal0ed. lO. 10. Episode 10.

Are you sure it wasn't just a typo and that I0 has no meaning?

Sabby

Damn it! xD I got caught practising my RPM Morph in the mirror. In my undies.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on April 03, 2011, 03:01:09 PM
Damn it! xD I got caught practising my RPM Morph in the mirror. In my undies.

By Who?

A.: Your Mother
B.: Your Lover
C.: Random Stranger?

:P

Mentioning lovers...Sabby, if someone said they wanted to stick their Tyranno Staff in your bum, what would you say? o3o

Sabby

C.

I'd say that's fine as long as they pretend to be Dillon. But then I'd keep thinking its weird the Black RPM Ranger is using the Red Dino Thunder Rangers weapon and it would keep dragging me out of it >.<

Kunoichi

xD Pity RPM Black had a gun, and not a staff, eh?

Sabby

Giving Samurai another try. I have only that, Jungle Fury, and Operation Overdrive, and I'm pretty certain I'm guna just watch the reviews of OO. I really don't like it. I even tried skipping ahead to Once A Ranger, and even that bored me. JF was a bit better, but the enemies have some of the lamest designs, and what the fuck is with that little hopping dance stuff the Puddy's do? Its worse then the Time Force Cyclobots...

Just finished episode 6 of Samurai. It was the first genuinely awesome episode. I hope it keeps improving, because if I do decide to stop on JF, that leaves Samurai as my last season :(

Kunoichi

The little hopping dance is because the enemies are patterned after a type of eastern undead creature called a jiang shi, or 'hopping corpse'. ^^; It's part of the genre that particular season is emulating.

So Samurai is starting to get a bit better?  Huh, I guess I'll have to look into it at some point...

Sabby

Its still silly to look at xD you know your doing it wrong when the original Puddy's were more intimidating... I mean look at them.

What is that, a Pedro Mustache? :/

And yeah, Samurai is picking up. Steadily. It could start sucking again, but I'll keep watching. Its still a little too old school for me, but Saban is kind of out of practice, so I can't expect it to be anywhere near the standards RPM set. So far, its just really similar to Mighty Morphin', and thats not a good thing for me.

Kunoichi

Nah, it's an angry frown. :P The Japanese version had a few scenes where they were a little more intimidating, stuff like them being pulled out of open graves and awoken, but they were actually played for comedy pretty often.

One thing I actually rather liked about Jungle Fury, myself, was when they invented three whole new rangers, just for the American version... ^^

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on May 29, 2011, 11:22:56 PM
Its still silly to look at xD you know your doing it wrong when the original Puddy's were more intimidating... I mean look at them.

What is that, a Pedro Mustache? :/

And yeah, Samurai is picking up. Steadily. It could start sucking again, but I'll keep watching. Its still a little too old school for me, but Saban is kind of out of practice, so I can't expect it to be anywhere near the standards RPM set. So far, its just really similar to Mighty Morphin', and thats not a good thing for me.

Well, you have to also note that most of the actors in Samurai are new, so they have to get into the groove of the whole show, ya know. I think every season went through that, some just did it faster than others.

Sabby

Just saw episode 9. Definitely a turning point in the season. Very impressed.

Sabby