On a Quest to Rediscover - D&D 5th ed - Recruitment

Started by Sain, August 12, 2016, 01:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guancyto

Okay! Had a (possibly) better idea than the wizard.

Name: Ratwarden
Race/Class: Warforged Druid
Sex/Gender: Robot

Interested In: Exploration is the name of the game here, so I'll be happy with plenty of things to delve into and plenty of odd situations (magical and social) to be thrust into. Everyone is going to be a fish out of water having been stuck in a single city, but Ratwarden especially so because an AI designed to interact with animals just Does Not Get People. But it wants to try, because people are far more engaging than animals and because a robot that tries to puzzle out people's inherent craziness is one of my favorite stories. On the smut side of things I can really only see it as the result of experimentation with social interaction, possibly as the result of the culmination of a romantic arc. Or possibly as a weirded-out indulging of someone before everyone goes into a suicide mission. You know, lots of possibilities.

Brief Description: Keep pest populations under control. Ensure diversity of city-dwelling animals; mana-flow from living systems is minute compared to that which powers the magitek, but essential for sustained power. Keep predators away from livestock. Even in Paradise, there are always rats. The depletion of the shield changed all this, suddenly there was a world to explore and a bounty of new organisms to catalogue and study! It was a very exciting time. It was difficult to secure a position on one of the outgoing ships, but worth it!

Ratwarden is a transforming mechanoid construct designed to help manage the ecosystem of Arcanz. With immunity to disease, the ability to reduce in size enough to access locations impossible for other sentients, and enough expertise to solve problems as they arise, it's practically a one-person-army when it comes to keeping the unseen parts of the city functional. A slim, economically-built body of ironwood and shifting silver has no gender to it; what would a construct need with such a thing, anyway? Image: http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwjb2wm6W01r0f804o1_400.jpg

Ratwarden is made to work with massive systems, and to independently identify and solve problems and to optimize relentlessly with no direction or prodding. As such the closest organic equivalent to its personality would be "a massive fucking nerd," with the addition of being excitable, enthusiastic and pretty fearless. (Sixth panel, and the first panel on the next page is about what I'm going for) That's probably going to get it into trouble.

Pace preference: 2-3 times a week is every other day or so, which seems completely reasonable. I don't tend to make enormous posts or one-liners, a short paragraph or two is usually enough to get the job done. Long posts are for special occasions!

tyr4n02r

@Guancyto: Ratwarden and Liam would get along great.

@Sain: well damn I just saw the variant rule in the MM before, and now I can find it... Ima keep looking...
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Sain

Had some giggles at the last sentence of your "Interested in section" ;D
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

A Painter

If we really have a shortage of females I can flip my character, similar concept,  but just swap the sex.

Premier

Showing interest! Will put in an app later today! What we not got? I'm fancying a dashing rogue or Ranger

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Premier on August 15, 2016, 08:16:52 AM
Showing interest! Will put in an app later today! What we not got? I'm fancying a dashing rogue or Ranger
Rogue or ranger much welcome, I think - so far the closest we have is a Bard.

Edit: I've tried to compile the sexualities of characters involved.  For those of you who haven't quite mentioned, just edit it in or PM me so I can add.  Just for the sake of everyone knowing what options are available.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

AndyZ

I plan on making a rogue.  I'd just rather wait until a day I'm not puking to try to do it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ShadowFox89

Name: Jaya Ballard, heiress to the Ballard Duchy, Grade A Living Artillery
Race/Class: Tiefling/Sorceress 7
Sex/Gender: Female
Interested In: Exploration, diplomacy, and learning. Jaya's ultimate goal is power, whether that is from knowledge or creating a land of her own.
Brief Description: Jaya is a woman who you'd probably say is in her 20's with red hair, red skin, a pair of short horns poking from under her hair, and a long thin tail from between her butt. Heiress to the Ballard Duchy and so called "Living Artillery" for her specialty in fire based magic, Jaya grew up somewhat respected for her family's history of service to the council and feared for her skill in fire and draconic bloodline. Things get boring when you're expected to find some nice wizard to settle down with and have lots of magic babies with though. Not interested in slowing down or stopping, she jumped at the chance to join the first airship out of Arcanz that she could find.
Energetic to the core, Jaya finds interest in anything new and has a rather strong dislike for being told to stay put or slow down. Or "stop bombarding the crime lord's HQ it's all ashes now thank you". Her family being blacksheep for having demonic blood in their veins (you make /one/ succubus your mistress and suddenly everything goes to hell) has made her drive towards meeting her goals ever the more strong. And with her looks, a short slim tiefling wearing black trousers and a snug red vest over a white shirt that all have been tailored to hug her curves, she's become used to being underestimated.
Pace preference: Couple of times a week, I'm between semesters and jobs right now so I have plenty of free time but that'll change in about two weeks.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Premier

Name: Rini
Race/Class: Lightfoot Halfling Rogue
Sex/Gender: Hetero Female
Interested In: Treasure, non-monstrous cultures that might become potential trade partners and anything that you can attach a price tag to. Rini really does appreciate the glorious world for the beauty it holds, but she also knows she'll need money if she wants to keep appreciating it. Nothing  stay unowned for long after all, those without pockets full of gold are forever doomed to wonder what could have been. Aside from a desire to take anything nailed down, Rini's always interested in a new experience. She'll try the exotic foods and mix in with new cultures,  especially if they're free!

When it comes to business or sex Rini has an important rule. She likes to look someone in the eye when she's fucking them.  Enlarge rings are a girls best friend and if one can't be sourced then it's on her date to source a mage or something to get her up to the right size (Or them down, she's not picky!). If they're a real looker she might even go to the trouble of doing it herself. She's tried sex with the size difference before and while it's certainly exhilarating, it's pretty darn hard to walk straight  afterwards for days and that just sucks the fun right out of it. Also she just really hates being short.

Brief Description: Rini towers over all at a fairly imposing three foot five. Well, all halflings that is, all the big people just assume she's short because of course all halflings are short and think like that really rankles her, not that protesting the fact ever helps. A deep tan to her skin, with dreadlocked hair, long pointed ears and pitch black eyes Rini is fairly exotic looking even by halfling standards. She likes to brag her dad was a wood elf, no matter how much Wood Elves might protest that babies don't work that way.

Rini's part of the Cookpot Consortium. Originally just a small band of halfling cooks in the city when the dome went up suddenly feeding people became veeeeery profitable. The membership is Halfling and Gnome only and the Cookpot Consortium has their fingers in a lot of pies now (Okay no more food puns I promise) and there's not a piece of action in Arcanz that they won't try get involved in, though their success very much depends on which of them get involved as it's not the most organized of organizations. The Consortium is more of a meritocracy that rewards those that bring in the money with contacts and friends, while those who fail find they'll be pretty alone when the big people turn up with large clubs asking where their money is. This lack of planning and heirarchy means you're never quite sure if you're dealing with an honest merchant or a reputable thief. Rini likes to think she can wear both hats as needed, why put your self in a box?

She is not however a very good cook.

The rediscovered world is full of potential riches and she knows the first out there might come back with treasures beyond the wildest dreams of even the most well-to-do of Arcanz' society. How could she a resist a piece of that action?

Pace preference: Whatever really, one or two posts a day works for me but it doesn't have to be that quick. Someone's posted I'll reply! I like making short punchy posts, but I can do long paragraphs when doing something complicated or flowery. I don't really like doing long ass posts where they're not needed though, I find when everyone's treating the game like it's an essay writing competition it's not actually that fun to read. Sometimes you just need a vivid description of how you got smashed and made out with the high priest to carry the game forward. Not every time though, there's only so many high priests.

Premier

Sorry to pick Rogue, but it is a Halfling it is very much their thing and the character got away from me.

No party is complete without a dashing rogue! Even if this one needs a box to stand on.

Sain

Don't be sorry Premier :P Rogues are cool.

Still gonna wait a bit for new characters, at least to let those that had expressed interest already to make theirs.

ShadowFox89

If you need help running things, more than a few of us have experience running games :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

Well, if requests aren't going to be respected, I'll just wait until everyone else has chosen and see what's left.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Premier

You can still do it! Rogues are pretty varied, there can be roguish hyjinx we can double team people for the flanks. It'd be great.

Also I'm guessing due to the setting we're just reskinning a lot of the stuff to be more magitek'y? I could never resist an arcane trickster blasting off a wand firing crossbow with a nice pump action on it for their spells.

Sain

I think one co-GM will be plenty, but thanks for the offer Shadow :P

Like Premier said, don't worry too much about duplicates Andyz. I'm in a campaign on another site where half of the 6-man party are fighters and it works wonderfully.

And yes. I would be totally okay refluffing things, weapons and everything. Mechanic wise they would probably be similar, though I may decide to have the PCes start with some extra nice mundane gear along with some basic necessity wondrous items (actual magic items are more fun to be left as loot so I can throw more loot from early on too).

Guancyto

Also if you try to take a class that no one has picked, you'll be the sorry bastard that gets stuck making a Ranger or something.

AndyZ

In my experience, doubling up leaves people with far less to actually do, but I guess I can try.

HopeFox

Blackbird is definitely bisexual. He (or she) isn't going to let gender get in the way of intimacy when death is always around the corner.

I do wonder what sort of weapons his tribe uses. I think they're on the "punk" end of the tech setting, so they use a combination of hand-made slings and bows, and looted or scrounged-up magitek weapons.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Premier

I find forum games don't interact with the rules that much anyway, if you've got a fun idea for a character who can push the plot along while having some personal drama for others to poke you got it made.

It's not like there's a super huge amount of skills and Wizards pretty much steal everyone's shtick with their magic. Flash gits.

Quote from: HopeFox on August 15, 2016, 05:46:34 PM
I do wonder what sort of weapons his tribe uses. I think they're on the "punk" end of the tech setting, so they use a combination of hand-made slings and bows, and looted or scrounged-up magitek weapons.

Well with the apocalypse and city starved of resources it's fairly likely for some magitek is very much whatever they could keep working after things start to fail a bit. The richer end of the city might have flashy working tech and everyone has to make do with hand me downs.

ShadowFox89

And then you have Jaya over there going "guns? I am a gun."
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Premier

*Points to all the hunky men*

"No there's the guns"

Guancyto

tyr4n02r

*Enter noodle-y armed Druid* Guns are perverse and unnatural...
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

So is the party also to be crew members, or is exploration/diplomacy/resource gathering/whatever-else-you-throw-at-us the primary goal for the team? What crew jobs are available if so?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Countdown0

I'm actually going to withdraw interest. Well... that sounds wrong. I'm struggling to come up with a character who I'm actually excited to play, and don't want to bog down the game with a crummy character >.< But have fun guys, it looks like a fun group of characters so far! :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's