One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophidian

Shie nodded. "Yes. I can do that." She watched him for another long moment. "You're sure you're okay? This is..."

She shook her head and gave a quiet life. "Well, I guess someone is watching over us then. I'll engrave the swords."
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"I feel completely fine, nothing wrong with me anymore, I feel like I can do anything I put my mind too"

He walked with Shie to the black smiths hut and quickly welded the blade to the handle and then cooled it in the water, solidifying the weld. Then he tested it to make sure it was on solidly, when he was sure, he handed the finished blade to Shie.

"If you can find any more marks like the one on Tsai's sword to make the swords more powerful against the demons, it would be a great help"

He smiled to her, he was in a really good mood. He took up another piece of metal and set to working on it, shaping it into the next blade.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

She nodded and took the book out of her bag. Opening it to the page with Tsai's symbol, she copied it over. Then she began to read for more and quickly, the sword had a line of runes - three or four deep - that strengthened the steel.

"I think this should work better. There are a few others I'd like to try..."

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled

"Looks like we're in business, thank you for helping me with the symbols, I never was much good at engraving"

He smiled and finished working on three blades over the course of the day, letting them cool slowly so that he could put them on their handles in the morning.

"I'm going to go and spend some time helping with the wall, or would you like me to stay here? Cause I can if you want me too"

Sophidian

She fought back the initial urge to ask him to stay, knowing that she was falling too deeply into believing that he was Tsai all over again. Reminding herself that he had a family - and a son - she shook her head. "No. You do what you feel you need to. I'll stay here." She motioned around the empty room.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"I won't be too long, I don't like being away from you for too long, your a good friend"

In honest truth he was beginning to fall for her, which was a surprise to him as well, but he would see where it would lead them one way or another in the end. He walked out of the black smiths and headed to where everyone else in the village was working on the wall, they were moving very quickly, almost a quater of the wall had been completed already. He grabbed a hammer and some nails and some wood and set to work on another part of the wall, helping some of the villagers who nodded their thanks to him.

Sophidian

She finished her engraving, nodding to the men who told her that Lièrén was the best thing to have come to their small town. She had to agree; they had hope now.

Placing the finished swords one by one into a basket, she heard her father yelling down the town that the bar was to open and she was to serve. Rising, she thanked them all and hurried up the road, pulling her over-dress on as she went.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén finished up with the wall close to when the sun was going down, he and the rest of the villagers headed back to the inn, they all wanted a drink, he wanted to just see Shie again, even though they had only been apart for a few hours.

He walked into the inn and smiled when he saw her, walking over to her he gave her a brief hug.

"It is good to see you again Shie, how did the engraving go?"

Sophidian

At the hug, she paused, giving him a brief smile. "Well, All the swords are safe in the barnyard of my uncle. There are maybe one or two more I'll have to perfect." A man called out for her and she raised a hand. "One moment, Lièrén."

Hurrying over, she served the man and refilled another glass of sake. Now that there were brighter futures in their minds, there were more drinks to be had. After another round of the inn, she came back to Lièrén. "Sorry. It's busy, it seems."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"It does indeed seem busier than normal, let me get a tray so that I can help out"

He went to the counter and picked up a tray of sake, serving it to any of the villagers that wanted it. He smiled to them and nodded in thanks when they thanked him for the drink, then he walked back to Shie.

"I've been thinking about what you said, about me not leaving here"

Sophidian

Shie, in the midst of piling cooked meals onto a tray, glanced over her shoulder at him. "Hm? What about it?" She took a few glasses of sake and placed them on the other side, balancing the tray.

She moved to the first table, depositing them before turning to face him, cleaning her hands on the towel in her pocket.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"I have thought long and hard about it, I'm going to stay here, permanently, I would like to return to my old village and see my son again, but that cannot happen and since I seem to fit in well here, I thought that, if it was ok with everyone, that I stay here permanently"

His heart was in his mouth, he hoped that they would all approve, especially Shie.

Sophidian

Shie dropped the towel back into her pocket and nodded after a moment of silence. "I'm sure no one would object to your staying. But...to give up your son, your family... I know you've done it already, but can you cement that in your heart?"

She glanced over to the waitress coming their way and took a step closer to Lièrén to avoid the crash.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén sighed and nodded

"I have thought long and hard about it, even though I will miss them, it needs to be done, my place is here now, if I go back there, I am a dead man"

He moved to let the other waitress through and he smiled.

"Maybe I should put it to a vote, to see what everyone else thinks about me staying"

He stepped up to the counter and faced the entire inn, holding his hands up for silence, when he got it, he spoke quickly

"I have thought long and hard about an offer I was given when I first came here, to stay permanently among you and if you all say that it is ok, then I shall stay permanently, what say ye?"

Sophidian

One by one, all the voices in the inn raise in a cheer. Shie looked from face to face before the smile curved her lips.

"Unanimous. I think that you'll be staying here. We can house you at the inn until you find a new house, if you wish. We, of course, can keep you here for awhile as our handyman if you wouldn't mind." She leaned back, hands folded behind her back.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled and nodded to Shie

"I accept with all my heart, thank you Shie..."

He turned to the villagers

"Thank you all for this chance to live with you, I won't let you down, if there is ever anything you need repairing or forging, then I am at your disposal"

He bowed in thanks to them all and then hugged Shie fully, feeling happy for the first time in many years.

Sophidian

At the second hug, she brought her hands up and hugged him in return. "Oh," she murmured to him, "really. It's more of a help to us than it is to you. You're going to teach us how to kill the demons, and to defend ourselves. I can't even imagine trying to protect this place on our own."

She pulled away after a moment before sighing at the loss. "I should work..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén released her from his arms, nodding.

"Well, anything I can do to help around here is always a bonus, once this problem with the demons is over, maybe I could build my own place to live next to the inn"

He smiled and took another tray of sake around the villagers, then returned the counter to get more. He liked it in the village and was pleased that he could stay.

Sophidian

She served her own tables, letting the night grow long again. Another few shots of sake found their way into her stomach until she grinned and even gave a few roguish winks to the men who she served. As they all left, nearing midnight, she sang as she cleaned, a song that she'd learned from the travelers passing through.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén helped serve tables and then when the inn closed he helped clean up, it was late and he could tell that Shie had been drinking, she was now singing, a song he had heard before but couldn't remember the words too, so he listened to her beautiful voice as she worked. Soon they had finished cleaning up and he smiled to her.

"Good night Shie, sleep well"

He gave her a hug and then walked up the stairs to his room, he was about to go in when he turned one last time and gave a wink to Shie, then he entered his room and made to close the door, then remembered that it had been destroyed by the demon that had attacked him, so he just climbed into bed and slept.

Sophidian

The wink made her blush, her entire body warming more than the drink made her. She shivered once she moved to close the door. Instead, she walked out of it. Moving out into the cold night air, she walked along the grass until she found a grove of trees. Sitting in it, she leaned back against a tree trunk and began to think.

Then dream.

Then sleep...

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén woke the next morning, he got up and dressed, feeling wide awake and alert as always, he looked out of his room window and saw that the sun had not fully risen yet.

He headed outside of the inn with both his sword and the spare one he had gained from the town that had been destroyed. He went out to his usual spot and began to practice with both weapons, slowly at first and then faster until it felt more like he was dancing with the blades instead of fighting with them, he moved through motion after motion fluidly.

He stopped after a while and took in deep breaths of fresh air, he liked it outside, before everyone else was up, it gave him room to think and take in his surroudings, he couldn't believe he was able to stay here indefinitely, he felt at peace and soon the whole village would be through everyones efforts to beat the demons back once and for all.

Sophidian

Shie woke up, feeling crimped and kinked as she slept in an awkward position. Yawning, she stretched her legs out and made a loud, pleased noise. "Aaaah," she said, curling against the tree again.

Rising, she noticed she had slept in her dress and it was now rumpled and wrinkled. "Damn," she said as she picked up her body and began to walk back to the inn.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén finished his short break and began his sparring again, using the two swords and twirling around, gaining speed again until he was moving faster than he was when he had been using the two swords against the demons. He hacked and slashed at the air, striking down imaginary demons with each movement.

Sophidian

She came to where he practiced again and paused. He did look so much like the man that had captured her heart before when he danced with swords. She sighed and rocked back and forth on her feet. She debated calling to him but kept her mouth shut. Why ruin such a sight?

-- Anton Chekhov