Colour designations

Started by Elvi, March 30, 2008, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

I'd rather go with something like we have now rather than bathe everyone's eyes in the extreme ends of the spectrum - thus blue and green for lords and ladies and save the red for sirens and admins. It may not be people's favorite but maybe it will cut down on pms about changing their color from pink >_>

I used red and green originally but it was too much yule tide for some.

Xillen

The 4 color scheme would work for me :)

Don't really mind who's what color, as long as they're distinct.

Are the unapproved/restricted/etc going to be black again?

Vekseid

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Vekseid on April 04, 2008, 10:46:19 AM
I've been thinking about giving each siren her own color and tag anyway, when I have time.

I've been getting complaints about pink, there are people who'd have my head if I used brown, etc.  I really can't win this one :-p

Though Cherri complaining about not being able to read a list she hides herself from amuses me :-p

*giggles* i just forget to unhide myself sometimes is all *blush*  and i wasn't complaining so much as pointing out that it made my head hurt and confused me... most things do tho, so take it with a grain of salt *hugs* btw, i liked the pink. :)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Elvi

I don't care at all.....but I will humbly request, upon bended knee....NO MORE THAN FOUR COLOURS PLEASE
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Cherri Tart

*giggles* or we could each have our own individualized color - Elvi would really like that *winks*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Elvi

*Screams*
OK then, a way to turn off the list of 'who's online'?

*Wanders off gibbering*

Hunter

Quote from: Cherri Tart on April 04, 2008, 11:40:56 AM
*giggles* or we could each have our own individualized color - Elvi would really like that *winks*

I second that.  Maybe I could get a hot pink for myself?  Or a bright hunter orange?   ;D

Apple of Eris

Im blue now! Did something happen to me in my sleep? *checks* EEEEEEEEEEEEK!
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Xillen

Lords/Knights Green
Ladies/Dames Blue

Pretty obvious so far. The Sirens however, are somewhere in between black and blue? Any chance they could get something clear, like orange, or pink, or red?

And keep up the good work, Vek :)

Vekseid

...purple. I brightened it up a bit.

Elvi

Now that I like Vek, plain simple and easy on the eyes....*smiles*

Xillen

Looks pretty clear on my screen now. :)

Cherri Tart

i don't like it... *giggles teasingly and hides from Veki's fury*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Trieste

Ahm. This is not - not - a suggestion, or a whine, but an actual, honest, really-would-like-an-answer question ... if ladies/dames and knights/lords are no longer being distinguished, why not go back to the colour scheme prior to changing it? :P

Xillen

Because it wasn't the best in the first place?

Sirens were already looking quite similar to unapproved people, both being blue.

Now, Ladies/Dames should be the only blues around, with Sirens being purple and unapproved people being black.

Vekseid

Quote from: Trieste on April 05, 2008, 12:21:56 PM
Ahm. This is not - not - a suggestion, or a whine, but an actual, honest, really-would-like-an-answer question ... if ladies/dames and knights/lords are no longer being distinguished, why not go back to the colour scheme prior to changing it? :P

Because girls were yelling at me for being pink, while blue (ironically) seems to be less of an issue.  That and bright colors are harder to read.

Plus, sirens needed an eyecatching color.

Hunter

Quote from: Vekseid on April 05, 2008, 01:00:01 PM
Because girls were yelling at me for being pink, while blue (ironically) seems to be less of an issue.  That and bright colors are harder to read.

Plus, sirens needed an eyecatching color.

*just to be contrary, not that I mind*

But why do guys have to be GREEN?   ;)

Jester

I have been trying not to stick my oar in. I rarely do! But for what its worth I dont like the new colours.

Blue and green are not intuitive for what the represent and really are too similair.

Sorry. Ill shut up now.