The Hunger Games - Recruitment(System)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, February 29, 2012, 02:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnowThySire

Forgive my ignorance, but... what's a hide code...?
There can only be one king.

Latooni Subota

Huh, I could've sworn I didn't notice anyone wanting District 7. Hrm . . that totally throws off what I was planning, if Niki wants to keep that concept. *Scratches head*
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on April 03, 2012, 09:29:01 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but... what's a hide code...?

The hide code is the spoiler code, I've just gotten into the habit of calling it the hide code for some reason.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Latooni Subota on April 03, 2012, 09:29:23 PM
Huh, I could've sworn I didn't notice anyone wanting District 7. Hrm . . that totally throws off what I was planning, if Niki wants to keep that concept. *Scratches head*

Yeah you both pretty much came up with wanting a female from district 7 at the same time.  Like I said, it's up to you guys, there are plenty of female spots still open. :)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

KnowThySire

There can only be one king.

Latooni Subota

Yeah, I just wanted district 7 for my girl, to have experience in dealing with the woods. Of course, we have no way of knowing if there will be dense forests in this arena, but hey. I'll think of something else.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

undisclosedtoyou

I'm grinning right now, because none of you have any idea about the arena, and how awesomely evil it will be towards your characters :P

Latooni, if you need help coming up with another character idea, let me know.

TRP:  Thank you muchoooooo!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Flower

I just saw the movie yesterday. :) I was quite pleased. Thinking of a second character...

undisclosedtoyou

DF!  Woot, you are more than welcome to create a second character.  What were you thinking?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Latooni Subota

District 6 is what I'm going with now, I suppose. It'll take me a bit longer to flesh stuff out though.

Flower

I was looking just now for the list but it eludes me lol.

What was the job title for the woman who did the pulling of names in the beginning and was with them in the Capitol? 

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Latooni Subota on April 03, 2012, 10:23:12 PM
District 6 is what I'm going with now, I suppose. It'll take me a bit longer to flesh stuff out though.

Just let me know if you need help, hun.

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 03, 2012, 10:23:28 PM
I was looking just now for the list but it eludes me lol.

What was the job title for the woman who did the pulling of names in the beginning and was with them in the Capitol? 

I believe the position you're thinking about is chaperone.  I like it, you'll probably only be playing her with me, unless someone else wants to make a secondary character.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Niki315

Sorry Latooni.  I guess we got the idea at the same time.  If you want to keep the D7 slot, go for it.  I can come up with something else pretty easily.  In fact, District 6 sounds like it might be pretty fun too, so just let me know what you prefer.  I'm quite adaptable.

Flower

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on April 04, 2012, 12:42:21 AM
I believe the position you're thinking about is chaperone.  I like it, you'll probably only be playing her with me, unless someone else wants to make a secondary character.

Hmms, let me think on it. I will get back to you in a bit. :)

Latooni Subota

I hope this came out as good as I hoped. And I hope none of my assumptions and leaps of faith are wrong/troublesome for people. Since District 6 is transport, I assumed that it trains pilots/drivers as well as the mechanics that build and repair all the vehicles. Also assuming that District 6 has a slightly better chance at living better for certain people, since rich folk LOVE their fancy vehicles. In terms of skills, Eun Mi is more of an artist and a swimmer than anything else. She'll be able to hold her breath longer than the other contestants, and swim better . . but that's about it. Here's hoping there's a deep river or lake for her in the arena! XD

(Wow, she did come out a little bit sneaky/sociopathic-y than I intended, huh?)

Name: Ha Eun Mi
Division: 6

Height: 5'0"
Weight: 44kg
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin tone: Very lightly tanned, clear
Distinguishing Marks: Nothing outstanding/obvious
Physical Description: Eun Mi is a short, but pretty young woman of Korean ancestry. Save for the fairly impressive bust she has, she's a lithe mass of muscle, her body well-formed from years of swimming and working on vehicle parts. She always seems to be calm, kind, and smiling when one sees her, coming off as a very controlled and graceful individual. In the end though, she's just not as strong or fast as the more prepared Tributes. She can probably swim better and hold her breath longer, though.

Likes: The water. ALL of the water. She's also a big fan of tea, and some of the finer things in life. You'd be amazed at the presents you get from people, when you make their expensive little luxury boats and cars just a little prettier than normal.
Dislikes: The heat. Overly emotional outbursts and 'wild' people. Spicy food.
Fears: Eun Mi gets scared like everyone else . . but not by anything specific. She's just better at dealing with it than most, and not panicking out of fright.

Personality: Eun Mi is the calmest condemned girl around. Even when she was younger she was praised for being mature, and calm, while her siblings were childish and wild. Having made peace with the fact that she is being sent to her death, she's just planning on taking advantage of the situation for as long as possible. That's not to say that she doesn't want to win, but she's just being realistic about it. Eun Mi finds herself surprisingly okay with the fact that she's going to possibly kill someone, and is a little worried that this might mean that she has some sociopathic tendancies. She's a good worker, but merely to earn more creature comforts, being a little greedy and indulgant. In the end she might be better suited as an actress, than a construction worker.

History: Eun Mi is the oldest daughter of a family of four siblings, all working in the transportation district, all with wildly different leanings in terms of what they do. Her mother and father are both airship pilots, while her three siblings are leaning towards construction or piloting for all manner of different vehicles. Eun Mi? She likes boats. Mainly because of her love of the ocean.

After a trip to the edge of the district while deciding what she wanted to focus on doing early on, she chose to work at the sea-side docks, to build boats. Her talent at working underwater, and artistic flair, lead to her quickly making a name for herself at personalizing and repairing those expensive boats and liners the rich Citizens do so love. Ever since she was 15 she'd worked hard to impress them, catering to every absurd personal request. You want a mermaid crafted onto the bow of your speedboat, like an old-timey pirate ship? Sure. You and waterproof gold filigree along the bottom, so even when underwater you can see how stupidly rich you are? Not a problem.

The problem came with a bit of jealousy, and some complaints from her contemporaries. She was clearly getting preferential treatment, and it was entirely unfair. Eun Mi just happened to be sneaking around where she shouldn't be, and overheard that at the end of the fiscal year, she'd be moved to another section in order to try and quell the troubles. She'd be damned if she was going to let them keep her away from the ocean, so she made a decision. That year, her family ate very, VERY well . . because Eun Mi dropped her name into the bowl as many extra times as they'd let her.

Needless to say, the other crafters were aghast at this. She was so callous as to just drop her name repeatedly, to get extra supplies that her family didn't even really need? The worst thing of all came on selection day, when Eun Mi wasn't picked as the female Tribute. Irony of ironies, the only daughter of the man that originally accused Eun Mi of preferrential treatment was chosen. Imagine her surprise when Eun Mi patted the girl on the shoulder, and calmly walked up to the dais with a smile on her face.

"I volunteer to be tribute, so my friend can stay safe for another year." Bullshit.

DRoux

Happy Easter all (if you're into that sort of thing).
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Latooni Subota

Sorta wondering at the lack of posts even since I posted my character application . . >.>

DRoux

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Flower

I don't think the lack of post has anything whatsoever to do with the posting of your character sheet. Give it some time, and I am certain Undisclosed will get back to you on the approval of your character. :)

shadow2k

There was quite a big lull after I posted my character.  My policy is to be oblivious until someone says something.  I hate second-guessing myself, and don't plan on making a habit of it.
I've been described as "The trashy romance novelist variety of game designer."
My Characters:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230746.0

Latooni Subota

I'm anxious to see what the arena is gonna be.

A series of underground caves and lakes?
A massive old-timey castle?
A bombed-out cityscape?
A forest full of nasty beasties?
A desert of doooom?

TheGlyphstone

Assuming this is still recruiting, I'd like to throw my name into the ring ( :D)...for what it's worth, it was your post in the Gm's Corner that lured me here UTY.

I'll have to root through this thread, but it looks like the men from 1,3,5,6,7,9, and 10 are still available? Dibs on #3 or #5, I think - whichever one a burly mechanic/repair-man type would fit better from.

The caves and castle arenas sound the coolest of those ideas, btw.

shadow2k

I believe District 3 has a male slot available.  I have the female slot there.
I've been described as "The trashy romance novelist variety of game designer."
My Characters:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230746.0

Latooni Subota

Yeah, I'm backing out. This is just a little ridiculous.

Gracefulskai

So, is this not going to happen?  :-(