News:

Main Menu

Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SinXAzgard21, November 19, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Inkidu on December 03, 2014, 08:36:23 PM
I'm not going to tell you exactly where they are, that's the surprise of it. ;3

I often use Varricisms when talking about Dragon Age.

My personal favorite: By Andraste's dimpled butt-cheeks. XD

I love the chemistry of Bull, Cass and Var. oh gods those three make me laugh.

IB: Hey, Seeker. You think if I go high and you go low we can get a guy to flip?
Cass: ...Flip?
IB: Yeah, go ass-over-tea-kettle, you know.
Cass: ...I...suppose that would be possible?
IB: I've always wanted to get a guy to flip.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Inkidu

Solas and Varric, and Cassandra are surprisingly good. Solas has a very subtle sense of humor

Varric: So, Chuckles, here we are again. Saving the humans from another big mistake.
Solas: So it seems. Where do you think they'd be without us?
Varric: Probably burning everything to the ground.
Cassandra: Excuse me, gentlemen?
Varric: No need to get touchy, Seeker.
Solas: Yes, we're just trying to make sure nothing gets blown up...
Varric: Again...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Nadir

So I just finished the game

I'm really disappointed by the boss battle. The previous two games had a real marathon to survive, but this was... nothing. Even on Nightmare.

I don't think I'll play it again until they fix the banter bug (PC players can go hours in game without the party speaking, and there is also a lot of music that doesn't trigger) if at all. I just... feel deeply disappointed.

Falanor

Quote from: Inkidu on December 03, 2014, 12:31:03 PM
I think what pisses me off most about that dragon fight is that it's blocking an occularium. I can't find shards (a quest) until I beat a level 21 dragon with level 19 or 20 dragonlings (which as I was informed all high dragon fights were in fact optional). So no, forcing me to fight a fucking dragon is really piling the straw on the dromedary's back.
It can be abused in a way. I made a mad dash run directly to the occularium, hit X, and went into view mode and the dragon just flew around for a bit while I targeted all the shards. Then it flew off...and I collected them all.

Hemingway

Quote from: Dim Hon on December 03, 2014, 09:49:07 PM
So I just finished the game

I'm really disappointed by the boss battle. The previous two games had a real marathon to survive, but this was... nothing. Even on Nightmare.

I don't think I'll play it again until they fix the banter bug (PC players can go hours in game without the party speaking, and there is also a lot of music that doesn't trigger) if at all. I just... feel deeply disappointed.

Glad someone agrees with me. I hate being in the minority on these things. :P

Valaesin

Quote from: Inkidu on December 03, 2014, 09:06:03 PM
Solas and Varric, and Cassandra are surprisingly good. Solas has a very subtle sense of humor

Varric: So, Chuckles, here we are again. Saving the humans from another big mistake.
Solas: So it seems. Where do you think they'd be without us?
Varric: Probably burning everything to the ground.
Cassandra: Excuse me, gentlemen?
Varric: No need to get touchy, Seeker.
Solas: Yes, we're just trying to make sure nothing gets blown up...
Varric: Again...

That is probably one of the better banters.  I also like Red Bull and Sera and the conversation whether she'd be a good agent of the Qun.  I had to "pause" for a moment while working from home one day and didn't actually pause and ended up laughing my ass off as they continued to talk and talk.

Valaesin

Okay, so I finally finished the game last night.  I absolutely loved the game, but did anyone else feel the ending was a little bit... thin?  I kind of expected a lot more than I got.  Here I am the leader of this massive army and I have no say on the outcome of things?  But the twist at the end... come on, Bioware, just take my money and give me the DLC!

Nadir

Hey, Valaesin, if you want to talk about the ending, please use spoiler tags -

[spoiler]delicious cheese[/spoiler]

which will make it look like this

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
delicious cheese

actual chatter about the end game
Yeah, I thought the same. There was so much space and lore and stuff to do - so long as you weren't doing the main quest. The main story felt very, very short to me and the ending was over simplified and lacklustre. Is that really all an original dawkspawn could muster? I wish we had seen a return of The Architect (can you imagine having to ally up with him?) it felt so... unepic when thought of as part of the DA series. In origins, we had an army at our back, with waves coming in while trying to tackle the big boss. In DA2, there was factions to pick from - mages or templars - and an exhausting, drawn out battle with both Grand Enchanter (or whatever his title was) and Meradith. What I had hoped for in DAI was for you to go into battle with your whole party, losing some along the way. Having a 4 member party made some sense while frolicing around the country, but when the sky was ripped open and OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING happening, why the fuck did the rest of your group just chill while you ran off to your doom on the mountain? With no army? WHY.

Just.

so much annoyance.

Inkidu

I think I'm not going to bother playing this game a second time. What a load of bull.

You know what I've been spending the last hour doing? Running in Goddamned circles looking for the fifth of five traps that I have to destroy. Do they ping? Nope, is the area small? Nope. Do they lower the radius when you're down to your last one? Nope. The Hissing Wastes and the Western Approach basically embody everything that's wrong with this game. Guh. Running in fucking circles. That's not fun, Bioware.

I think I'm done, Dragon Age 2 is more fun than that. At least it's honest about it.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Valaesin

Quote from: Dim Hon on December 05, 2014, 09:00:24 AM
Hey, Valaesin, if you want to talk about the ending, please use spoiler tags -

[spoiler]delicious cheese[/spoiler]

Sorry, I had thought I kept it spoiler-free, but I'll use that from now on.   Now to your comments...

I thought the same.  I had done all of the side quests and was level 26.  So both the final boss and his dragon were 3 levels lower than me.  Between me (KE), Solas (for barriers and minor magic attacks), Iron Bull and Cass, it wasn't a difficult fight at all.  Granted, it was only on Hard, but I don't see how Nightmare would have made it much harder.  Yeah, I know KE is kind of overpowered, but really?

As for the ending, here I am a Mage and an Inqusitor, having talked all game about rebuilding the Chantry from the ground up, more in line with what Lelianna wanted - no circles, etc - but lo and behold my girl Cass becomes divine, rebuilding the circles, etc.  (Makes me wonder, if the main character is female, can she become the Divine?  The twist with Solas was awesome, but I had a feeling something was coming when he disappeared.  But I agree, the main quest was kind of short and the resolution wasn't that great.  Although I'm tempted to go through and see if I can convince Cass not to accept the position and let Lelianna take it instead...

Inkidu

Nope, Bioware has seen their last fucking dime from my pockets. I restarted the game, and the trap magically appeared behind a rock I'd check ten times.

Now I have to look for a fucking Tevinter Manuscript in a large-ass radius. It's not there. I've looked up down and under, it doesn't fucking exist.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Inkidu on December 05, 2014, 09:20:36 AM
I think I'm not going to bother playing this game a second time. What a load of bull.

You know what I've been spending the last hour doing? Running in Goddamned circles looking for the fifth of five traps that I have to destroy. Do they ping? Nope, is the area small? Nope. Do they lower the radius when you're down to your last one? Nope. The Hissing Wastes and the Western Approach basically embody everything that's wrong with this game. Guh. Running in fucking circles. That's not fun, Bioware.

I think I'm done, Dragon Age 2 is more fun than that. At least it's honest about it.

It's been glitching a lot more since I started over. I decided I wanted to play a mage and oh god....sometimes I can't select prompts, and at times can't even talk to people. It's getting on my nerves. Yesterday my girl fell through the graphics at one point and was wading through the grassy area in Sky Hold.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Valaesin

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on December 05, 2014, 10:16:25 AM
It's been glitching a lot more since I started over. I decided I wanted to play a mage and oh god....sometimes I can't select prompts, and at times can't even talk to people. It's getting on my nerves.

I have that happen occasionally.  For some reason, it seems to forget there is a mouse.  To fix it, just alt+tab out of the game to the desktop, then click on it again.  That fixes it for me.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Valaesin on December 05, 2014, 10:18:51 AM
I have that happen occasionally.  For some reason, it seems to forget there is a mouse.  To fix it, just alt+tab out of the game to the desktop, then click on it again.  That fixes it for me.

I'm on the 360
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Inkidu

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on December 05, 2014, 10:22:00 AM
I'm on the 360
Me too. I'm hoping that restarting might fix the problem, because if not, fuck Bioware. I really wanted to kill that last dragon and you can't get it without this buggy quest being done. Grrr...

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Inkidu on December 05, 2014, 10:24:39 AM
Me too. I'm hoping that restarting might fix the problem, because if not, fuck Bioware. I really wanted to kill that last dragon and you can't get it without this buggy quest being done. Grrr...

Anyone hear if there'll be a patch coming out anytime soon?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Valaesin

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on December 05, 2014, 10:22:00 AM
I'm on the 360

I'm normally make some comment about the PC Master Race and somesort, but I don't quite yet want to make waves.  Let me get approved and then I'll razz ya.  /sarc

Man, that stinks.  I've been wondering when the first patch will appear given some of the horrendous pathing that also happens at times. 
Like that cave on the Storm Coast.  All three of my NPCs stuck in that small alcove and left my mage to fight those spiders alone.  Ugg...

mia h

Quote from: Valaesin on December 05, 2014, 09:21:18 AM
Sorry, I had thought I kept it spoiler-free, but I'll use that from now on.   Now to your comments...

I thought the same.  I had done all of the side quests and was level 26.  So both the final boss and his dragon were 3 levels lower than me.  Between me (KE), Solas (for barriers and minor magic attacks), Iron Bull and Cass, it wasn't a difficult fight at all.  Granted, it was only on Hard, but I don't see how Nightmare would have made it much harder.  Yeah, I know KE is kind of overpowered, but really?

As for the ending, here I am a Mage and an Inqusitor, having talked all game about rebuilding the Chantry from the ground up, more in line with what Lelianna wanted - no circles, etc - but lo and behold my girl Cass becomes divine, rebuilding the circles, etc.  (Makes me wonder, if the main character is female, can she become the Divine?  The twist with Solas was awesome, but I had a feeling something was coming when he disappeared.  But I agree, the main quest was kind of short and the resolution wasn't that great.  Although I'm tempted to go through and see if I can convince Cass not to accept the position and let Lelianna take it instead...

Now this is very interesting
because

While the Solas part is probably the same the other bits of my ending were different. Someone else mention "the stuff with Sera" but Sera never got mentioned in my ending and as for Cassandra becoming the divine, nope I had Viviene taking over the top job.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Valaesin

Quote from: mia h on December 05, 2014, 10:38:15 AM
Now this is very interesting
because

While the Solas part is probably the same the other bits of my ending were different. Someone else mention "the stuff with Sera" but Sera never got mentioned in my ending and as for Cassandra becoming the divine, nope I had Viviene taking over the top job.

For my character and the way I was playing,
Vivienne being Divine would be perfect.  And yeah, I got nothing on Sera even thought I did all the side quests/missions.  I think.  She doesn't talk to me about anything else, so I assume I did.
Great game up until that part.

Inkidu

God I'm so tired of this game. I still can't find that stinking manuscript. I don't know if there's a trick to it, or if it's just glitch. Also, Stroud has the greatest superpower of mankind, the ability to stop fucking reality. Every time he opens his mouth the dialogue locks up forcing a skip.

Are you telling me that at no point in playtesting on any of the consoles that the Stroud locking shit up ever came up? I suppose the QA guy is just some schmuck they have chained in the basement and feed him stale cheetos and rat corpses. >:[

I think I'm gonna' go over to Sabby's camp.

mia h

Quote from: Inkidu on December 05, 2014, 11:50:11 AM
God I'm so tired of this game. I still can't find that stinking manuscript. I don't know if there's a trick to it, or if it's just glitch. Also, Stroud has the greatest superpower of mankind, the ability to stop fucking reality. Every time he opens his mouth the dialogue locks up forcing a skip.

Are you telling me that at no point in playtesting on any of the consoles that the Stroud locking shit up ever came up? I suppose the QA guy is just some schmuck they have chained in the basement and feed him stale cheetos and rat corpses. >:[

I ran into the Stroud thing a couple of times as well, which was very annoying.
As for the manuscript you can pick it up before you get the quest. And if it's the map I think it is, you just need to check  all the rooms and you should find it.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Valaesin

Quote from: Inkidu on December 05, 2014, 11:50:11 AM

I can't link because I'm not approved, but if you go and look at reddit's dragonage sub, there's someone who has posted maps and collectables for most of the areas.  And if not there, a quick Google got me the last of the journals in Hissing Wastes - Gamefaqs or something.

But I agree, while the large areas were neat, Hissing Wastes is large for the sake of being large, which is so annoying.

Inkidu

Not talking about the Hissing Wastes.

Some minor sidequest spoilers
I'm trying to complete the quest with the dragon scholar in the Western Approach. I've collected everything up to that point and all I'm getting for my trouble is a quest marker in front of the Still Ruins or whatever they're called. I--for all that's holy--can't find the damn thing they want me to find. I haven't unlocked the operation and can't turn it in.

So yeah, I'm getting more and more done with Bioware the more I play. [/s]

EDIT: Never mind my brother cleared that part. The quest marker doesn't indicate that you have to go into the ruins themselves. :P

Lady Lunarius

~Sets up a camp of her own....~

You people and your "I've finished the game" I'm still trying to prevent the assassination.......Damn kids. Before Kids I could easily say 'hell yeah i'm one of the ones that finished." Now...nope I'll be another moth or so before i finish. I'm sure of it.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Valaesin

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on December 05, 2014, 01:39:25 PM
~Sets up a camp of her own....~

You people and your "I've finished the game" I'm still trying to prevent the assassination.......Damn kids. Before Kids I could easily say 'hell yeah i'm one of the ones that finished." Now...nope I'll be another moth or so before i finish. I'm sure of it.

I know a lot of people complain about that, but I personally loved that part of the game.