search problems

Started by Al Terego, September 07, 2015, 03:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Terego

I open an O/O thread of a person on E and see a quote from one of her games.
This looks like an interesting one, I think to myself.
So I copy a line of text from that quote, bring up the search screen and paste it into the search box.

Surprisingly, I get zero results, not even the post I copied from.

What gives?

Beguile's Mistress

There is a search box at the top of the screen that I use and get some better results.  You might try putting the phrase in there and see what happens.

Al Terego

Beguile's Mistress

You could send the member a PM and ask for a link to the story since you are interested.  That doesn't solve the search problem but it would get you where you wanted to go. :-)

Oniya

Is it possible that the RP is off-site, and they've quoted from an email or PM?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Al Terego

Quote from: Oniya on September 07, 2015, 04:33:44 PM
Is it possible that the RP is off-site, and they've quoted from an email or PM?

It should still find the post I copied from, don't you agree?

Al Terego

Just searched for the following text from my original post:
line of text from that quote, bring up the search screen and paste it into the search box

It did not find the post.

Vekseid

Slave server lost sync again : / Need to do another shutdown-and-backup.

Al Terego

Not trying to be pushy, just asking if there are any news

Vekseid

Search has been indexing again for about a week now.

There are still some issues that I hope to resolve when we move to Elkarte (searching quoted strings, etc).

Al Terego

Ah, good, thank you!

Any ETA on the move?

Vekseid

I had it in my mind to post something here afterwards but it got lost in the thought traffic >_>

This is the Beta 1 tracker. I will probably be upgrading  E when I have confidence that various needed subcomponents are working fine. Hard to give an exact timetable. I imagine it will be early next year.

Al Terego