News:

Main Menu

GM to Player ratio?

Started by MAGEDAVE, January 04, 2024, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGEDAVE

Hello everyone.While I'm waiting to see if I get approved I've been reading the various roleplay request forums and I see a lot of calls for GMs needed for games. 

Is that a frequent issue? I find in my real life it tends to be the other way around. Getting players to commit is usually my problem.

Either way I am cursed with being the forever GM so I'll probably be able to help out with running games if people want me 🙂

Oniya

So, I'm not sure if you stumbled across the answer already, but we have our group requests organized into two separate boards.  The first is 'Groups Seeking Players', which is where people running/GMing an RP will post their interest threads.  These are usually fully fleshed-out concepts (setting, over-arching goals/conflicts).  The other is 'Role Players Seeking GM/Groups', where someone might post looking for a particular genre or system, such as 'sci-fi' or 'Pathfinder'.  Plots and world-building are usually a little vaguer, if they exist at all.

It's a little hard to tell which one has more traffic, since the two categories were originally combined into one board (meaning that from 2005 through 2015, the threads are mixed, which messes with using page-count as a metric), and since there might be several people 'looking for group' with the same criteria but different threads.

That said, there is no shortage in either board, so whether you want to be a player or a GM, you're likely to find a niche.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17