The Red Corsair: Tyrant of the Scarus Sector (SciFi, Pirate, Bon, Non-Con)

Started by Vostroya, June 17, 2013, 01:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nataleigh

I'm BACK from vacation! <3 <3 <3

We need more teachers and students at St. Jude! Please join! <3

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

Cthonig

WIP
Played by: Cthonig
Appearance: A little shorter than the average human, he has dark blue hair which seems to catch the smallest breeze. While mostly human looking, he has pointed ears and two long dexterous fingers and a small thumb on each hand. (Picture to be added later possibly.)

Name: Ithillin

Race: Lithe Elven (When asked if that's really their race name, he will mention that others cannot pronounce the name.)
Consortium Occupation: cybernetics expert
Consortium Rank: Mid – but gaining a rep for being discreet

Skill set:
Cybernetics Implantation and Removal – excellent; he has a deft touch for making small incisions, optimal placement and wound closure; most people find they prefer to have Ithillin work on them.
Discreet Interrogation – discovered almost by accident when he was asked to implant devices into an unwilling subject which would allow them to question the subject; the subject expressed a dislike for any aliens including Ithillin which gave him an idea and he asked for just a few minutes alone with the subject; the subject was quite willing to talk after those few minutes under the condition they never again leave him alone with Ithillin; not expecting to need high quality low-light cameras in the med bay, not even security knows what Ithillin did in the dark with the subject.
Computers – good with computer usage; he started out being not very good with computers but has learned them well over the past few years.
Combat – adequate with firearms and hand-to-hand combat although he has really only needed to demonstrate the firearms skill so far.

Character History: He was born and grew up during the time his people were making plans to have some of them leave their planet to explore and learn about the other races. In his free time he studied the alien races they had gotten information about like humans. For his schooling he learned about biological augmentation and excelled at it. Eventually he was chosen to be one of his race's explorers and ventured out to the stars. An unfortunate incident ended up with a few of the explorers on Lethe 11 trying to contact anyone they could. That lead to a rescue and Ithillin's subsequent employment with the Red Corsair.

Personality: Ithillin is a curious man but not pushy about it. He tends to change his clothes often and enjoys swimming. At times he gets very expressive – almost erratic – displaying several emotions in a short time normally followed by a request for a few minutes alone. He seems to have gotten this situation under control, now timing work breaks to allow him to have his private time.

How did the Red Corsair hear about and recruit you?: Ithillin and his fellow explorers ended up on Lethe 11 trying to contact anyone they could. One of the Red Corsair's ships heard them and stopped – curious as to what anyone was doing on the planet. They explained how their ship was lost and Ithillin volunteered to work off the cost of their passage to somewhere else. That was three years ago and his skill with cybernetics has resulted in him rising through the (medical) ranks.

Additional Information: (Extra space for describing your custom weapons, armor, and pics of your character)
Species Information: (Most of this has been sent to Vostroya for prior approval. Some info will be added here later.)

On’s: Right now he doesn't seem to have any – he seems asexual. But he does listen with interest when others recount their sexual exploits making him seem to be at least a bit voyeuristic. Some of the Corsair's people suspect he enjoys violating others in strange ways (see Discreet Interrogation above under Skill Sets).
Off’s: Right now he doesn't seem to have any – except that he doesn't seem to want to engage in sex himself.

Cthonig

By the way, I was very surprised by the supposed size of the JJ Abrams Enterprise in the comparison pic you provided. I found this when looking for info: Enterprise size comparison

Checking further, I found that the Abrams Enterprise was originally 366 meters. The wildly oversized version (725 meters) was done in the newest movie to make room for a large number of shuttles which doesn't change the fact that the rest of the ship is scaled to be 366m. I was annoyed by the varying size of the White Star (from Babylon 5) done for the same reason (shuttle room). At least with the White Star it wasn't obvious that the larger version was oversized. I feel the oversizing to be rather stupid.

That said, it's your game and the oversizing is not your fault so go with whichever size you choose. Besides, for your game you can give correct crew stats for the larger size. (While the movie mistake will remain annoying.)

I am not familiar with Mass Effect so I don't know if they have transporters but Star Trek does. You are using several things from Star Trek - are you including transporters?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vostroya

Didn't know that, thanks for bringing it to my attention, I am not using the Enterprise as a model for the Dreadnaught, I am using the massive USS Vengeance as the ship for this game, which is still a massive ship designed for war and interception. I didn't know that the orginal Enterprise was smaller compared to the movie one. Weird  ???

As for transporters, I would say the technology is not there, so transportation between ships and to the ground would still be by shuttle or smaller space craft. I am mainly just using ship design for this game, there won't be food synthesizers or things like that. Food will still have to be prepared the old fashioned way. I am also using Warp technology from Star Trek. So pretty much any sizable ship will be able to go FTL.

Nataleigh

ShadowFox89

I should post the screen_cap of my Star Trek Online character...

edit: And her ship!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vostroya

Nataleigh

Wooooo... Quarian time! :D

Played by: Nataleigh
Name: Lea'Dadd nar Shellen

Race: Quarian
Consortium Occupation: Engineer
Consortium Rank: Mid

Skill set: (What makes your character valuable/unique? Weapons, ship to ship combat, engineer, etc.)

Character History: Working on it.
Personality: Working on it.

How did the Red Corsair hear about and recruit you?: (You can add your own lore of how Cass Seradin found and wanted to recruit you for criminal empire.)

Additional Information: (Extra space for describing your custom weapons, armor, and pics of your character)
Species Information: (Space to describe your characters species if not human. Please be as descriptive as possible. You can use images and well as words to do so.)

On’s:
Off’s:

Caela

~pouts~ The picture link is broken on my end and I'm sure it's worth the look! lol :D

Cthonig

Yeah, I saw that it was only the USS Vengeance that was definitely in the game as Cass' ship. But I wanted to mention it in case you decided to bring in the others. Basically Abrams' Enterprise is relatively close to the size of original Trek's Enterprise - not the Enterprise-E.

As for the tech - I sort of figured that but wanted to be sure. And I'm fine with that since some of the Trek stuff is a bit off, science-wise. (You never want to disintegrate someone.)

Vostroya

Quote from: Caela on June 19, 2013, 08:56:36 PM
~pouts~ The picture link is broken on my end and I'm sure it's worth the look! lol :D

Sorry to hear that, you can do a google image search for "Star Trek Into Darkness Vengeance" and it will show you the pics.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Caela

Quote from: Vostroya on June 19, 2013, 08:59:48 PM
Sorry to hear that, you can do a google image search for "Star Trek Into Darkness Vengeance" and it will show you the pics.

lol...Not the ship links...Nataleigh's new character!

Vostroya

Caela

Nataleigh

I haven't put a picture in just yet... :P

I gotta google me some pretty Quarians! I don't know why your page shows a broken image link... how weird.

Vostroya

Quote from: Caela on June 19, 2013, 09:11:47 PM
Hmmmm, my screen shows a broken picture box.

Oh thats because there is a http:// but no link, so it shows that it is a broken link

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Nataleigh

Kdyami

Played by: Kdyami
Appearance:

Name: Designation: Mingan; Name: Individual 762

Race: Un-designated, genetically engineered soldier created by the Angosians
Age: Unknown. Code name "Mingan" first recorded over a hundred years ago.
Consortium Occupation: special Assignment (Infiltrator, Inside Man, Wet Work, Personnel Retrieval, Asset Acquisition)
Consortium Rank: Not a member of the rank and file and thus outside this designation. Though he is a horror story to recruits, a myth to officers, and a tool to commanders.

Skill set: Vigilant Strategist: genetically programmed with every recorded strategy and fighting style at the time of creation he enacts strategy on instinct. He can plan full scale invasions just by looking at a map. Useful when your job is to uncover your enemies battle plan or attacking someone with speed and precision.

Reputation: Mingan has been a great many things, and individual 762  has been even more things. He has grown a reputation in the underworld so much that there is a person in most major criminal organizations whose sole job is to track Mingan's movements so they can hire him for whatever job they need doing. He has made it a specific point to poke and prod at the security of every minor "business men" whenever he moves to a new area.

Weapons proficiency: he was bred to wield a knife, grown to aim a sniper rifle, designed to fire hails of bullets from his machine gun. His genetic disposition to weapons makes him proficient with any weapons he takes the time to study and understand. That's proficient, not skilled. He still has his preferred weapons; SMG, pistol, knives lots of knives.

Character History: Not much is known about his past. And most of the people who have been alive long enough to know have passed away by now. Short version he was genetically designed to fight a war against virtually immortal, really really long lived, Baku rebels who became known as the Sona.  Mingan, individual 762 then, was sent into the verse to fight them wherever they were found. They were good and they struck hard. World after world after world was cleared of the Sona and anyone else standing in their way. But the individuals began to think for themselves and they began to see how the Angosians were building an empire in their wake.

And just like that the war stopped. The Individuals ships gathered together and they thought and they talked. New feelings began to emerge and new thoughts about things like ones self, meaning of life, non-combat related pursuits. It was the dawn of a new society. A society that didn't like what their creator had made them do. They turned around and burned the worlds they had conquered to ash. The Angosians empire sunk back into the shadows not to be heard from for many many years. The individuals had no aspirations to rule the galaxy and saw not strategy  in which the universe could defeat them as a unified group. So they made a pact; one which they would rather die then break, to never band together and conquer again.

So they split up and became a wandering people with no home world and nothing to go back to. Some became explorers and have charted the furthest reaches of space. Some became the greatest warriors of the age. Some settled down to rule over a small empire or two. But others became lost in the "underworld".   Outside the law and old as time itself to most short lived races they know secrets that could cripple entire governments, they have always been there in the fabric of the universe pulling strings to see what will happen.

But individual 762 didn't want to be a faceless puppet master anymore and became a pawn in the game.  He became Mingan a slaver of unspeakable  brutality.  Quickly earning a reputation for his violence Mingan took his ship and vanished from the slave trade advancing to kidnapping a and even assassinations. It was during this time that he became aware of The Red Corsairs interest in him. Mingan had a gift for killing people right under securities noses. And The Red Corsair had a use for that.

Mingan was determined not to be the mastermind anymore so here was the perfect opportunity; work for the pirate king. Mingan could infiltrate almost any place and snuff the piece of the security before they could react in swooped The Red Corsair.  Not to mention the obvious benefit of having somebody with Mingan's reputation and skill set at your beck and call obviously has its advantages.

Mingan has paid his dues and is wandering the galaxy. With his direct link to The Red Corsair just a click away on his uplink you would never know he passed you, not five minutes ago; a nameless hood pulled low over his forgettable face. You may even have exchanged a strangers greeting and you didn't know he had his knife in hand and gun trained on you from his from pocket. Just your average everyday passerby.

Personality: Mingan is a little different to everyone. He follows an old warriors code. Do not harm the innocent needlessly. Defend oneself at all times. Destroy your enemies without recourse.  His is civil to everyone. Respects those that deserves it. Fears no one, not even the Red Corsair. And above all else he doesn't lie. He is absolutely confident in whatever he says and does. He will spy, and is quite good at it, but not through smooth talk. He sneaks in and sneaks out. If caught he eliminates the threat doesn't talk his way out.
How did the Red Corsair hear about and recruit you?:Mingan thinks about Cass as the Red Corsair and always refers to him as such or simply the corsair. The Red Corsair became aware of Mingan through his Reputation as a slaver, even buying a few to see just how thoroughly he did his job. And now with his empire up and running the corsair watched as Mingan became just the man he was hoping he would become; a man perfectly suited for special assignments.  It was at this time that the corsair first approached Mingan, through an intermediary, and took out a hit on The Red Corsair.  The corsair wanted to meet with the man face to face so he made special request for the kill to happen up close and personal with a specific knife. The security for the corsair had no idea it was coming and several of them died before Mingan plunged the knife into the corsairs heart. But the knife retracted into its sheath leaving the corsair unharmed. Instead the startled man laughed asking the would be assassin to have a seat and explained the situation. So taken with the mans bravery and stunned that it was a strategy he  hadn't seen coming he sat down and listened to the corsairs proposal. Since that day The Red Corsair joined the ranks of the very few people Individual 762 respects. Mingan has been working for the corsair ever since and still isn't quite sure if he knows what Mingan is or not, only time will tell.

Additional Information:
Mingan has accumulated a large number of items over his vast lifetime, each has. Purpose and a story.
Ship: It’s an old pirate fighter, a modified Baudo-class fighter with a storage unit, isolation chamber, sleeping quarters, and optimized for a minimal crew, of one.
SMG: This gun is what he spent the most money on.  He has been using this gun since his days as a slaver.  He stole it from an OsNaz team he ambushed early on and has been “collecting” pieces for it ever since.  He has grown particularly fond of the stasis field launcher, though cartridges are expensive even for him, and the silencer. Also the ability to function in zero G is a nice touch.
Pistol:Mingan has grown attached to this particular piece.  The OsNaz developed it specifically because of their desire to kill him.  They began adding explosives to the clips of the pistol so even a dead soldier could be a weapon.  And Mingan has learned to like having granades, just in case, because you never know when something could go horribly wrong.
Knife:Arguably the oldest item he possesses.  This knife being given to him is the first thing he can remember and he has killed countless people with it.  It is as much a part of who he is as it is a tool.  Not to mention the throwing and give away knives he carries.
Get up:Mingan is often wearing regular clothes to blend in to the local lower class.  But the clothes are made of nanite reflective materials, and he is always carrying the most advanced light shield he can get his hands on. 
Species Information: Mostly Humanoid, standing slightly shorter the average height being 5’10”.  Other than a black stripe from their right temple to their right eye they are outwardly indistinguishable from humans. 
Check my RH Profile
On’s: Domination, Force, Edge Play
Off’s:Arrogance, Ignorance, un-open to new experiences.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP