WTB Animator? Avatar help!

Started by AlexanderSedai, August 12, 2008, 10:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexanderSedai

Hi folks! I am in search of a good resource for an Avatar... I cannot find one that really calls out to me, and wouldn't want to 'steal' anyones work in the first place; any suggestions on either someone who is good at making a basic photo, or where I could find one?

My characters vary though I feel I will be playing a werewolf pretty often, so perhaps something along that line.  Most likely a larger character - not necessarily tall - but with that presence of thinly veiled authority and strength.  Not even necessarily 'buff' but with that commanding grace.  The leopards grace in movement, wolfs sharp gaze and stealthy movement when desired.

Oh I just don't know. Any suggestions!? =)
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!    It's time to toss the dice!

On/Off's  /  My Introduction Thread

Caeli

You can make your own avatar and upload it. A good place to search is stock photo sites, or if you're looking for some kind of photo render or artwork, I'm sure sites like DeviantArt or other render showcase sites can accommodate you. :]
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

NightBird

I'd recommend looking on Elfwood, then asking the artist's permission to use an image you like, or, if you're thinking of a werewolf, go search for furry (anthropomorphic animal) artists. There are a lot of talented artists in that scene who will do a portrait to your specifications for a very small amount of money, often under $10, and then it's your portrait of your character image, commissioned to look like what you wanted.

AlexanderSedai

Thank you both for your suggestions!  Perhaps I'll ask for use of a stock photo for now, and look into commisoning my own, great plan!

Thanks again!

And yes

AlexanderSedai

Well! Here's what I came up with. I took a photo from Deviantart that the artist said could be used in his post.  I then photo shopped some weird stuff out of it, and the back ground and put in my own photo of some clouds.

What do you think?

ShrowdedPoet

Did the artist agree to you making alterations?
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

AlexanderSedai

I'll drop him a line, but all I changed was the background really; the figure itself is the true art.  My attraction was in his stance, in the way the unconcerned way he wears his clothes.  It's quite perfect.

*edit* and I took out the name "Matrim Cauthen" (the character the artwork is based off of) that was etched over his knees.  And have now sent a message, though the artist has been offline for over a month.  In the details of the photo she said she took two photos off google... I'm getting confused now, but don't want to hurt any body :( I'm gonna see if I can't track down the original artist.

AlexanderSedai

Ruddy hell! there are half a dozen of this body style on google, this is going to be interesting. I'm doing my best to find the ORIGINAL artist.

Jarl Tiberius

That looks great…certainly an excellent effort!

This black square is all I could manage….

AlexanderSedai

Black squares take a lot of brush strokes! It's very becoming if you're a vampire, too!

Jarl Tiberius

I am not sure if I can qualify for a vampire but I always wanted to be a puppeteer…

Bliss

*sings quietly* Even in the darkness every color can be found...
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Jarl Tiberius

Quote from: Bliss on August 14, 2008, 10:30:09 AM
*sings quietly* Even in the darkness every color can be found...

Well indeed *smiles*

Btw- If orange is the happiest color then black is…….?

ShrowdedPoet

Well technically black is the absense of color and white is all color.  But when your coloring and what not if you smear a bunch of colors together you normally get black but scientifically black is the absense of color or light and white is light or all color.  Learned this in art years ago so it may have changed sence. . .never  know.
Ons and Offs

Jarl Tiberius

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on August 14, 2008, 11:38:15 AM
Well technically black is the absense of color and white is all color.  But when your coloring and what not if you smear a bunch of colors together you normally get black but scientifically black is the absense of color or light and white is light or all color.  Learned this in art years ago so it may have changed sence. . .never  know.
Wow…now that’s something interesting but how weird, isn’t it?   

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Jarl Tiberius on August 14, 2008, 11:42:22 AM
Wow…now that’s something interesting but how weird, isn’t it?   

I always thought it was fascinating!
Ons and Offs

Jarl Tiberius

ShrowdedPoet

Ons and Offs

Bliss

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on August 14, 2008, 11:38:15 AM

It's the absence of color in terms of light, but it's all color in terms of art-type colors... another way of looking at it is that black absorbs all colors, holds it all in, while white reflects all colors back out of it - so if you're looking at something, it's reflecting all colors of light back at your eyes for the receptors to pick up, whereas something black takes in all the color instead of reflecting it away.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

NightBird

*nods*

Bliss has it right in one. That is why projected light is considered an additive spectrum while color on objects is considered a subtractive spectrum. You can read more details about the difference here.

Vekseid

Quote from: Bliss on August 14, 2008, 12:39:30 PM
It's the absence of color in terms of light, but it's all color in terms of art-type colors... another way of looking at it is that black absorbs all colors, holds it all in, while white reflects all colors back out of it - so if you're looking at something, it's reflecting all colors of light back at your eyes for the receptors to pick up, whereas something black takes in all the color instead of reflecting it away.

The technical term is 'pigment' - black is the absence of light and the sum of all (Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow) pigments - or inks, as opposed to red, green, and blue light. Just check out the colors in a color print cartridge set.

They actually work on the same colors - Cyan ink is cyan because it absorbs red, yellow absorbs blue, and magenta absorbs green.

AlexanderSedai

It's amazing what one little thread can turn into... Philosophy of light

Reminds me of my chemistry classes