Wanted: 1 Hacker, 1 Driver for Bank Robbery - Flexible Morals Preferred

Started by Jude, September 29, 2009, 01:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jude

As the title suggests, we are looking for fresh blood for our plot-focused crime RP.  It's set in Paris during late April in 1998.  The characters involved are not idealized in any way--they're horrible human beings intent on behaving illegally and immorally.  Usury includes violence, offensive language, and deplorable acts.

The main character, Noelle, is hell bent on robbing her family's bank and willing to do anything that's necessary in order to accomplish her goal.  From participating in the under-aged Asian Sex-Slave trade to murdering arms dealers, despite her inexperience she's determined to do show there's no task she cannot accomplish.  Suffering from OCD, she specializes in planning, memorization of monotonous figures, and being as bitchy as humanly possible.  Her mental state is half-mechanical, often leaving her unable to sympathize with others.

Jude is a capricious gunman with an unhealthy fascination with explosives.  Through his seemingly unpredictable mood swings, he appears at times a hardened criminal, a charismatic miscreant, a lunatic, and sometimes a caring individual.  Manipulate to the core, he's assisted Noelle by filling in the gaps in her expertise to keep the operation afloat thus far.  His lack of discipline is his greatest fault.

We're hoping to find two people, preferably one male and one female, to add in two more cast members interested in developing unique and deep characters and adding to the plot.  If interested, skim the above link (you don't have to read it all, just get an idea of what the culture of the RP is like) and let us know what kind of character you'd like to play, give us a few details, and some idea of what your availability for posting is.

Julientheiii

Oh this sounds good, I'd love to join though I should warn you I'm not always on. Would you prefer me to be male or female, I don't mind either way.

Salomé

Have you found players yet? I can usually manage one post per day.
I can play either male or female. I've only skimmed through the first and last pages, but the idea intrigues me.

The details might change if my character's gender changes, but some ideas so far:
DRIVER. No one knows where Verena gets her money. She claims that her family kicked her out at 18 and wrote her out of the will, but she is always flamboyantly and expensively dressed. She owns--at least, is seen driving--three cars.
She is often wrongly accused of being unpredictable. She will steal ten cents from the trembling hand of a crippled beggar to buy herself a drink. But she might also spend lavish amounts of cash on planning elaborate surprises for a lady who smiled at her on the street. In truth, Verena simply knows exactly what she wants.
Contrary to popular belief Verena does have a complicated code of personal conduct--although it may not correspond to conventional ideas of "right" and "wrong."

HACKER. Micha has never broken the law. He was of the generation of hackers that stole identities and credit card numbers before the government even knew what hacking was. He's a cyberprophet and pioneer; his "crimes" have always preceded the laws that defined them as "crimes." When you meet him, chances are he knows more about you than your own parents. He can dig up secrets about you that even you didn't know existed online, and use it against you. But he is neither stupid nor rude, but rather urbane and debonair. It's impossible to hate him, and  all too easy to write off his cyber misdemeanors as "not real." But the majority of Micha's life plays out in cyberspace, and what intoxicates him most about it is that there are no limits and no laws. Morality becomes a farce and authority, fools. In cyberspace, might is always right. And Micha is definitely on the side of the might.
(I suppose it's too much to hope that it's not completely obvious that I know absolutely nothing about hacking/computers. I just jotted down my ideas--if it turns out that I play this character, then I shall do some research.)

•about•
The Earth's a cake full of sweetness;
I can (and then there'd be no end to your pleasure!)
Give you an appetite of equal size.
-The Voice

Apologies for my slow responses! Please feel free to give me a kick over PM if necessary.

Jude

The responses are appreciated, but my concern is that we're looking for a bit faster pace than a post per day.  Not that we want to require lots of posts every day, but we'd like to be able to write in real time at least twice a week for a few hours.  So I'm not sure if this RP is the best fit for the both of you.  It's great to see interest however, and your characters seem very compelling and unique.

Salomé

You're right; it would be difficult for me to coordinate my schedule and make that sort of commitment. Best of luck in your search.

Salomé.

•about•
The Earth's a cake full of sweetness;
I can (and then there'd be no end to your pleasure!)
Give you an appetite of equal size.
-The Voice

Apologies for my slow responses! Please feel free to give me a kick over PM if necessary.

Julientheiii

Noelle

Jude

Kalab

You still hunting a driver?
My RP skills are still raw as I am new to this but I have plenty time for posting these days.
I don't have a problem with the immoral aspect of the characters. I have a rough draft of my character and his personality.

He killed his stepfather when he was 17. Chose military instead of prison and was almost immediately drafted into a black ops unit.  He served 8 yrs then was dishonorably discharged for beating his commanding officer nearly to death and served 39 months in a military prison. He has no family ties as his mother was killed in a mugging during his third year in the military.
He can drive anything that rolls or flies and is proficient in the use of many weapons which earned him the spot on the black ops unit.
He has no problem killing whoever or whatever, its all business to him. Most of the time its just downright fun. He doesn't often give his word but when he does he keeps it.

If you decide to try him and don't like him, then shoot him behind the head and find another driver. No hard feelings.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

CurvyKitten

I'm online e mostly at night and into the long morning hours. I'm actually looking for a new long term RP to get into so if your still looking I'm up for playing a female hacker.

Jessy as been taking apart things and putting them back together since she was little. Computers being one of her favorite things to play with. Some how they just clicked for her, started out something small. Hacking the a website to see what she go for Christmas, then grew from there. getting what he wanted music, programs, movies, money. Even using her skills to put the ass of a man that dared call himself her father in prison. On rather creative charges, tho she never talked about her family life or why she did it with anyone.  She was a wild child always out late at night, finally running away from the place that was meant to be "Home".

As she ran she gained a reputation, Ace....or so they called her. Ace as in the ace of spades in a deck. Meant death, it was the last thing the FBI saw when she took done there main frame for fun. The last thing the engineers saw when they frantically tried to bring the power back up in LA. She was an elite...a master at what she did. Not that she would brag. Bragging got you caught, or worse killed.

Her personality...wild, stubborn, a raver child always looking for something to make her feel better, feel good. Strong and not one to back down, and not one to scare easily. She had seen and been through enough, no matter what anyone through her it couldn't compair. A force to be reckoned with, but a ride to remember.

Jude

Our subforum:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=438.0

We've split the post up into convenient chapters for ease of digestion.  Keep in mind the writing improves over time, so the latter chapters are the best to read to get a feel for the story if you're checking out Usury with the possibility of joining.

Jude

Still looking for people.  We're willing to be a bit more lax about the sort of characters you want to play if you don't want to do a hacker or driver as well.

Lipstick Epitaph

Jude

Jude

Insight

Hey! This looks like a blast!

I'd love to get involved, either as the hacker or the driver. I have ideas for both. If I'm worthy, let me know which you'd prefer! I can have a character sheet up not long after I get some confirmation (hours, not days).

Thanks!
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Tydorei

I'm interested in the hacker postion. It will take me some time to come up with a character though.

Nantang

I'm also interested in the hacker position, but not as a direct character. I might show up in person once or twice, but mostly I'd be the guy either in a van three blocks away, or in a hidden location otherwise. I do have some experience hacking sites, so I think I'd be up to the position. Gender anonymous, until I finally show up, though