Secrets of Candlewick (Supernatural Romance-Fae and WereCreatures-LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, June 08, 2015, 09:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wigglebiscuit

Quote from: Crash on June 17, 2015, 12:07:40 PM
Wigglebiscuit - I will likely have a way for her to assume a more normal if short human size so she can switch back and forth between a human size and a pixie size.  We can work that into her contracts though so no worries.  Either of those dirty secrets works for me.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I'm up for anything. I sorta just figured she could do it. Anyhoo, I've made some changes to my sheet. Check it out!

cabalxxvi

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

cabalxxvi

bubby

Pixy

Question about Contracts:

When it says they can only begin with two, does that mean two headers like Contract of Darkness and Contract of Shadows with multiple abilities each Contract allows or if you had two abilities under one Contract type that would be the two total?

Also, could I please change my face claim to Lily Aldridge? *flushes* I promise not to change it again.

Ghostraven

Quote from: cabalxxvi on June 17, 2015, 03:22:34 PM
So, who wants to plot with a vampire?

I think I can probably be persuaded to plot with a vampire.  >:)

And Crash I'll face claim Avril Lavinie.

cabalxxvi

What kind of persuasion are you doing to need?  >:)

OH, and by the way
L' zikegh velve zhah l' uss velkyn. love the verse that you used here. It's amazing Drow.

Ghostraven

Quote from: cabalxxvi on June 17, 2015, 06:45:58 PM
What kind of persuasion are you doing to need?  >:)

I don't know at the moment. Siobhan's only real goal is to of course become the Winter Queen...
Beyond the obvious that one of the two of them has something the other wants/needs to further their own plots.

Do you think we have enough of a framework of characters to start plotting?
I can brainstorm some ideas and sent them your way.

Quote from: cabalxxvi on June 17, 2015, 06:45:58 PM
OH, and by the way
L' zikegh velve zhah l' uss velkyn. love the verse that you used here. It's amazing Drow.

Thank you.  ;D
If you couldn't guess I like Drow.  >:)

wigglebiscuit

Pixy

Quote from: cabalxxvi on June 17, 2015, 03:22:34 PM
So, who wants to plot with a vampire?

I don't think the Summer Court cares for vampires but if you'd like a frienemy...*grins*

Crash

Quote from: Pixy on June 17, 2015, 05:45:55 PM
does that mean two headers like Contract of Darkness and Contract of Shadows with multiple abilities each Contract allows

^^ This.

I will get to face claims tomorrow.  Too tired tonight.  I am going to bed.  Night all!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Pixy

Updated: Reigan Mac Ilwraith - Summer Knight

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Reigan Mac Ilwraith
Player: Pixy
Concept:  Handmaiden of The Morrigan, harpy
Dirty Secret: Reigan is sworn to the Queen, and as such, required to attend her wherever and whenever she wills. When the Queen declared her self-imposed exile her handmaiden was furious! While loyal to the Queen, she has become bitter and holds her responsible for all the mundane BS she has had to contend with in Candlewick.

Court: Summer
Court Rank: Knight
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heteroflexible
On’s: Strength, both of character and body, being dominated by a superior will, romance, seduction, teasing
Off’s: Weakness in all it's forms, males who believe they are naturally superior to females, mortals and supernatural beings not of Arcadian heritage (this is flexible and not a hard no, just her current mindset), being talked down to, degradation and humiliation (she is very proud and is more likely to throw a punch than become weak at the knees)

Appearance:
Hair: Dark Brunette
Eyes: Mahogany with gold flecks
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 125 lbs

Description:

Glamour
The mortal visage is tall and lean with shapely legs and feminine curves. Smooth sun-kissed skin lays the foundation for dark eyes and hair. As with many Fae, regardless of affiliation, she appreciates beauty and is vain enough to make it a priority in her guise.

Everything about her glamour was meticulously crafted to attract, entice and alleviate suspicions; making her job all the easier. In a nod to her avian heritage her voice is rich and mellifluous.

Harpy

The true form of the harpy is a balance of beauty and brutality. Half woman, half bird of prey her physique seeks to blend the two aspects in one seamless being. Smaller than her mundane shell, she stands at 5'4" with the delicate bone structure of her avian familiars. Feathers as dark as a moonless night but that shimmer with ethereal luminescence sprout from her shoulder blades and span nearly six feet from tip to tip and in addition to flight may be wrapped around the body for protection and warmth. Crimson eyes peer coldly from a sculpted face. The fingers of each hand are tipped with razor sharp claws , further illustrating her predatory nature. From the shun down her legs consist of a tough black hide that could be mistaken for boots were it not for the feet that resembled those of a falcon and terminated in talons.

Mantle of Summer:  Manipulation of heat and light.  The mantle demonstrates aspects of heat such as heat distortions and the sensation of a dry, warm wind are common.  Higher ranking court members make these manifestations stronger with non-glamoured humans able to detect the mantle can feel a physical heat rising from it and sometimes feel dried out.

Personality: Clever, Disciplined, Sarcastic, Predatory, Moody

Reigan is clever in a way that would be an asset to the Winter or Autumn Courts. She tries to stay one step ahead of everyone else, always looking at issues from multiple sides.  The nature of her position at Court demands complete discipline over both her physical form as well as her temper though it has not softened her penchant for sarcasm, which is like breathing to her. She is predatory in her interactions with others, always weighing the direct benefit to herself.  Moody to a fault, it is difficult to predict how she will act or react.

Changeling Abilities:

Long Lived – Outside of Arcadia changelings are mortal though long lived.  Changelings need glamor to live and use their magic.  Glamour is gained from strong emotions or dreams and can be gathered in one of three ways.  Items from the outskirts of Arcadia such as goblin fruit contain glamour, but more commonly Changelings feed on the emotions of humans.  This can be done by leeching already present emotions from humans, stepping into a mortals dreams and stealing a little bit of their dream for yourself or reaping which is inciting quick burst of emotions.  Reaping is not as nourishing as leeching and can cause severe emotional trauma of done repeatedly.

Glamour – The art of making one thing look like another.  All Changelings have this ability to some extent.  Their true selves and all things made of glamour or from the hedge appear mundane to human eyes unless the human has been glamoured in which case they can see the Changelings as they truly are.  Many Changelings learn to expand their use of glamour to spin incredibly realistic illusions. 

Oath Spinning – The Changelings take oaths and promises very seriously.  A true oath will state what is expected of the Changelings and the thing they are oathsworn too and what the repercussions are to both parties should they break this oath.

Contracts:

Contract of Darkness

Creeping Dread: Reduces a being's or multiple beings' resistance to fear and intimidation. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Night's Subtle Distractions: Drawing the night around herself she is able to easily avoid the notice of most, limiting the perception of those who might other wide realize she was there. Now you see me, now you don't.
Balm of Unwakeable Slumber: When encountering someone in the sweet repose of sleep neither noise nor movement will awaken them. Sweet dreams, Sleeping Beauty.
Boon of the Scuttling Spider: She is able to scale walls and other vertical planes with ease. Web not included.
Touch of Paralyzing Shudder: Causes fear and panic in a being which in turn hampers their dexterity and movement speed, making them a much easier target. You can run...well, actually, no, you can't.

Contract of Punishing Summer

Smoldergrip: Having an affinity with summer and therefore it's ruling celestial body she is capable of raising the temperature of an item to where it is unbearably hot to the touch. Often used on weaponry but can effect most any item. Eaters of ice cream beware.
Battle Bright: Creates a blinding beacon that distracts those around her, even in the heat of battle. Want to see a party trick?
Crown of Clashing Fire: Summons a circle of flaming thorns, trapping a being alone with the fae for a short period of time, often used in battle to force one on one combat. Where do you think you're going?
Baleful Stroke of Summer Sun: A powerful attack when paired with a metallic weapon. The blow is as forceful as a desert wind and is felt acutely for some time after. It is often enough to bring opponents to their knees. Right where all traitors belong.
Scorched Earth: A bit of fairy magic that scorches the land, turning it into a blighted waste and inflicting torment upon those who tread it. Is it just me or is it getting hit in here?

Oaths:

The Oath of Fealty: Sworn to the Summer Queen

The Duchy of Truth and Loss (Entitlement): Fetch hunters, these Dukes and Duchesses seek out and destroy the fae-created imposters.

Background:

She was too old to remember the beginning or much of what came before she swore fealty to The Morrigan. Maybe that was why she'd been born, she couldn't say for certain, having never met mother or father. Born in Arcadia, the harpy was a True Fae and while she was not a noble she proved herself worthy of the position of knight.

Years of service to her mistress and the courts honed her skills and taught her the value of tact as well as strength. Battles were fought with the head as well as the arm and she had many opportunities to master both. Though she traveled beyond the Hedge with The Morrigan and her favorites the mortal realm held little interest for the knight. Mundanes were below her notice and only served as distractions at most. So it was with reluctance and loathing that she followed the would be Queen of Summer into exile in the human town of Candlewick Vale.

The transition was a difficult one for her but she clung to those aspects of her life in Arcadia that she could. She picked up work as a bounty hunter, tracing skips but also using the position and the resources it afforded her to track and destroy Fetches in the area (those shadow beings left in the place of a changeling child)  as well as any being who threatened the Summer Court. Though little solace for the loss of immortality or balm to the bitterness, it did feel good to take out her anger in "productive" ways.

Dhi

Quote from: Pixy on June 18, 2015, 01:02:43 AM
The Duchy of Truth and Loss (Entitlement): Fetch hunters, these Dukes and Duchesses seek out and destroy the fae-created imposters.
Uh oh.

Haloriel

cabalxxvi

Of course Armond will need all the information that he can get to keep ahead of the law, and to keep the place as quiet as possible. He is also going to work with anyone that is willing in and out of the bedroom. So I see a lot of potential for Armond to befriend a lot of the players in the story.

Kendra

Quote from: cabalxxvi on June 18, 2015, 05:09:32 AM
Of course Armond will need all the information that he can get to keep ahead of the law, and to keep the place as quiet as possible. He is also going to work with anyone that is willing in and out of the bedroom. So I see a lot of potential for Armond to befriend a lot of the players in the story.

well everyone knows that the best information can be got from the Winter court ;)
spies galore  >:)

my Winter queen got approved

Crash

Faceclaims updated.

I am pretty sure I am caught up on character sheets.  Remember to pm them to me when you feel they are complete.  If I have asked you for revisions re-pm them to me when they have updated.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Quote from: Red Tempest on June 18, 2015, 05:31:07 AM
well everyone knows that the best information can be got from the Winter court ;)
spies galore  >:)

my Winter queen got approved

Yes winter court exists to blend in with mortals for both protection and observation. ;)

Niferbelle

I finally finished my character sheet! *collapses from exhaustion* Now poor Crash has to read it >.>

Now to get cracking on the second one.

Madriv

A little bubby told me I should look into Erlking-ing in Candlewick. I see now it wasn't the euphemism I thought it was.   ;)

Crash

Quote from: Madmartigan on June 18, 2015, 05:33:59 PM
A little bubby told me I should look into Erlking-ing in Candlewick. I see now it wasn't the euphemism I thought it was.   ;)

Oh it still could be.  ;D

You are more than welcome to join though Mad.

Madriv

Thanks, Crash. Seriously loving that description of the Summer Court. What's the next step? Claim a face and send a character sheet?

Crash

Yep!  I would include reading the Game Information Thread in that if you have not already.

cabalxxvi

There, I have my sheet updated, and changed again. I will have to change the layout of the images on my sheet for you Crash so that you can post it without issues on the character thread.