A Friend's Ex (Jack2012 and Dr. Grim)

Started by Jack2012, January 10, 2012, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack2012

Jason took his first drink of the cold, fresh beer, and he smiled.  Friday night at last, he thought and exhaled.  The week had been hell, and he had worked out as much of the stress as he could possibly could at the gym.  The rest he'd have to shed here at one of his favorite bars, he figured.

He turned to his left and he paused.  Just a few steps away was a beautiful face that seized his attention.  He knew that face but his mind blanked on him. 

She looked to him and she smiled back.

That was all it took as he was going to her, smiling himself.

DrGrim

OK Nora, you can do this she kept telling herself as she paced back and forth in front of a local bar. It had been a difficult week for her, and she knew this would be a good way for her to start moving on with her life. She finally mustered up enough courage and walked into the bar.

It took her a moment for her eyes to adjust to the dim lighting. She stood at the entrance scanning the room for anyone she might be interested in. When she saw him.

Their eyes met and Nora couldn't help but smile. She was not sure if she was smiling because she was shy or nervous.

He started to make his way toward her and she paniced a bit but she hoped he didn't notice since she was still smiling. As he got closer to her she calmed herself a bit because he looked rather familiar too her.

She knew that face but she could not recall his name.

Jack2012

"Nora?"  Jason asked with a smile.  As he stood before her, he realized that he did know her.  He had a buddy named Mark, and Nora and Mark had dated for a couple of years.  Last he'd heard, they'd broken up.  It'd been a few weeks since he'd even seen Mark, as Jason recalled.  It all was coming back to him.

"How are you doing?"  He asked.

DrGrim

He called her name and she felt her smile get bigger. She blushed a bit as she responed by saying "hey there!"

She sudenly remembered where she knew him from. He was a friend of her ex boyfriend Mark. She got to know him a bit during her time with Mark.

When he asked her how she was doing she replied with "I've been fine yep yep just fine and dandy"

"And you how have you been doing?" She asked

But before he answered she started laughing and said "my goodness im sorry i cant remember your name. But wait wait dont tell me let me guess."

She tilted her head slightly to the left placedher thumb under her chin and started tapping her upper lip with her index finger.

"Hmmm joe, jon, no no its jason..yes jason!"

"Jason how have you been?"she asked