LOOOOOOONG Start Up time

Started by FeveredDreams, June 04, 2017, 03:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeveredDreams

I thought my computer was dead.   It got stuck on the gateway screen whenever I started it up.  A few days ago though,  I tried starting it up and I was exhausted.  I crawled in bed without thinking,   and I woke up with it completely functional.  I than restarted it just to see if it happened again,  about a half hour to 45 minutes later the gateway screen popped away.  What could be causing this?  And is there a cheap way to fix it.
Are you afraid of me now?

On's and Offs-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171318.0

Regina Minx

Startup issues are like a cough of computer troubleshooting. Off the top of my head, this could be caused by

*Bad RAM
*Corrupted sectors of your hard drive
*Missing files or damaged directory structure
*Corrupted OS
*Fraying hard drive connection cables
*Firmware incompatible with OS
*Logic board problems

Some of these are more expensive than others, obviously. I would recommend backing up your system immediately and then try to reinstall your OS.

Serephino

Something else you can try is to see what programs are starting up with your computer.  Type in your search bar msconfig and something should pop up.  Go to start up and look at everything.  You want things like anti virus programs to start up, and things like audio.  It should even say whether each program has a high impact on starting, or a low one.  Anything that isn't important to your computer running disable.  I know when my roommate put Steam on my computer it insisted on being on the start up and slowed things down considerably.