The dopest supervillain you've never heard about...Snowflame

Started by BlackestKnight, September 23, 2013, 12:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

This dude is the greatest underrated concept for a  super villain ever fathomed.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Got the mexican cartel goons on deck

The trap god has quotables for days

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Snowflame_(New_Earth)

This dudes swag is on a whole nother level. Could you imagine the potential? With the success of breaking bad, cocaine cowboys, they need to do something with this guy. He's a literal trap God. He has more personality in his nose than the entire legion of doom. He's like ultimate warrior meets tony montana.

Shjade

I think the wiki page you linked sums it up perfectly:

There's nothing in this character. It's a joke, and a weak one at that.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Nexus1199

Look up Atop the Fourth Wall, Linkara made a character for his show out of Snowflame

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Shjade on September 23, 2013, 01:03:56 PM
I think the wiki page you linked sums it up perfectly:

There's nothing in this character. It's a joke, and a weak one at that.

From a creative standpoint, his character is gold. I'd take him over the joker easily.

-80's throwback design
-Feels no pain due to being heavily sedated under the infuence of drugs
-Superstrength, superspeed, super reflexes
-pyrokinesis
-Flamboyant quirky personality
-You can use his character to shoehorn a story about the illegal drug trafficking industry and the war on drugs.
-witty one-liners, colorful design
-Worships cocaine as a deity
-likeability, novelty factor
-one-of-a-kind gimmick
-his only weakness is cocaine dependence, can be played up for laughs or for serious

The funny thing is despite his quirkyness, he is a believable heavy hitter. You can actually make him whip someone like aquaman's ass and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch

Shjade

Guess it's just a matter of taste. What you see as "character gold" I see as one-shot gimmick material. Particularly given how one-note all your quoted pages look. I wouldn't be surprised if the character has been given more depth than that, but you certainly didn't show off any of it.

He's probably a fun joke character, but I'd read Lobo for that.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Cyrano Johnson

Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Oniya

*wanders through before going to listen to some Eric Clapton*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Florence

Seriously, I can't read anything about Snowflame without thinking of Linkara now xD

He's a great character for laughs, but for serious badass villains, I'll take my Secret Six, thanks. <3

(And screw you DC, for canceling Secret Six to do your idiotic New 52 crap :I)

Okay, yes, they're the protagonists in their story, but to be fair at least several of its members have had their own runs as proper antagonists in other comics (most notable is probably Bane, the man who broke the Bat), and they're just plain good characters. Gail Simone; never retire and never die, your work is legendary.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Callie Del Noire

I would LOVE to know what got her fired last year.

For some reason DC suddenly has had an attack of chronic stupid in the last year or so. Lots of nerdrage with the folks around here.

Florence

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 24, 2013, 12:09:15 AM

For some reason DC suddenly has had an attack of chronic stupid in the last year or so. Lots of nerdrage with the folks around here.

http://hasdcdonesomethingstupidtoday.com/

I don't think I've EVER seen the counter go past one week.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 24, 2013, 12:09:15 AM

I would hesitate to put the blame completely on DC's shoulders for some of this.  Fan outcry has taken a few things to extreme levels of stupidity just by reading the headline and assuming without context on more than one occasion. 
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby