News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Once approved

Started by Mithlomwen, October 26, 2008, 01:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithlomwen

Just a quick question.  I am curious with such a large group of people, once a person gets approved...what is the best way to find writing partners?  Different places have different ways of doing this, so just wondering what the best way here at E is. 

Thanks!!
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Sherona

*smiles* The one vs one wanted boards are a good way, another way is making an On/Off list and posting once/if approved, and browsing others On/off list when/if you can see them :)

Lithos

Well, two main ways really.

You can post to search for games threads for one thing

Also you can browse through peoples Ons / Offs thread (and make your own), and if you find someone whose lists interests you, there can be no permanent harm if you pm them and ask for game.. worst that can happen is that they do not have time or interest.

Edit: Sherona posted at same time, basically what she said :P
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Mithlomwen

Great!  Thanks so much!  Providing I get approved, it's going to take me FOREVER to learn my around this place!  ;D  But with such a fun bunch of folks, I shall endeavor to muddle my way through!
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

King_Furby

Took me awhile to get used to this place. Don't wory eventually everything just falls into place.

I have had my game success mainly from the one on one solo boards. thats usually where i get my games from. I prefur to pitch my own ideas and get RP but i also enjoy playing ideas other have come up with. I have also found a RP partner though the on's and off's. I am sure once approved you will find something or come up with something you want to play. best wishes.

The Great Triangle

Going and popping into the Shoutbox and hotbox is another good way of finding writing partners.  IRC chat provides yet another route, if you're so inclined.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Scott

Sherona's right, the one vs one wanted thread is wonderful, but don't just stop after the first page if you don't see somthing you like. That place is a goldmine of games people want to play, so even on page 4 or 5 good games are still available.

Xillen

Just be sure to check if their posters are still active. You can check their profile and if they haven't been on in months, there's no point in trying to contact them.

Moondazed

That's true, Xillen, but they may have email notification on so there's no harm in sending a PM, as long as you know they may not ever see it:)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Xillen

True that, but don't be too disappointed if you don't get a reply back. Otherwise, there should be no problem PMing old members. If they never log in again, they will never see it, and if they do, they're no longer inactive :P

Some people reply to threads instead of PMing the original poster, though. In the case of the original poster being MIA, that can be a tad annoying, as it bumps the thread, bringing it to the attention of other people while it's outdated.

Moondazed

True, but I was saying that it's possible that the person has email notification on and will get an email if they receive a PM :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~