General Photo Hosting//Posting

Started by Mnemosyne, June 06, 2016, 07:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mnemosyne

I have run into another question. Having seen it said in various places that we should try to avoid linking or posting photos from foreign sites I had been trying to just host photos on the elliquiy wiki page. However, now that I am to the point where I was thinking I would attempt to post a multitude of photos to depict my desires I wondered just how many photos is okay to post on the wiki? Doing a little search I found the Help:Getting Started page, but it is still unclear to me what I should do. It states that collections should not be posted there, and I imagine that what I plan on uploading would be more of a collection so where should I upload? Are there any suggestions for this?
I like my posts like I like my cock.
Thick, lengthy, and something I can choke up on.
Cravings//Apologies&Absences//O&O
I've been Insulted... Disrespected... I've been
Mistreated

Drake Valentine

In these cases I tend to use photobucket or Tumblr. Of course, for the latter I have yet to figure out a way to do it by gallery beyond creating additional blogs to separate dump photos in. Of course, Tumblr allows adult content as well and you can private your albums to direct hotlink images. I think it also allows multi linking if you have pictures saved already or you can do individually by site to it, same with photobucket, but photobucket frowns on adult content.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Mnemosyne

So I am not going to get shot down if I link photos from there..?

Mostly it was this post from a couple years back that got me all out of sorts.
Mistreated

Oreo

'Collections' means you should not be uploading every picture you have stored on your PC to the Wiki. It is okay to load pictures here that are relevant to E. Pictures you use in your games, requests, and the social games where you want to share NSFW pictures.

In the past we have had trouble with underage models used in the pictures from Tumblr. They are not diligent in keeping their site safe for linking.

For general pictures you can use Pinterest, Photobucket, and other such hosting sites.

I hope that clears up your concerns.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Mnemosyne

Do on//off pages count as requests if they entail what you might like for a request?
Mistreated

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Mnemosyne on June 09, 2016, 05:27:33 PM
Do on//off pages count as requests if they entail what you might like for a request?

Don't see why not, although I think it is frowned upon to have multi on/off pages in the forums. Multi posts in a single O/O page is fine, though and I believe some users had listed requests or ideas within their page. Still, it is likely easier to just track a Request thread with said listed ideas, unless you honestly don't want to have multi threads to keep heads and tails of or don't want people posting in your general request thread. Both of which, regardless, can still be easily url coded into your signature for users to find if you opt that route. Such as one saying O/Os and/or the other as RP Requests or some other title url linking it to the corresponding page.

Edit: Editing, somehow I entered this without hitting save/send button while typing. -.-`

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Mnemosyne

I had wanted my request page to be more simplistic to try to gain interest, whereas my on//off page would be more for those who already had taken interest? Of course that might not exactly be the order people look at things in... but it is the train of thought I had personally? Which is why I had wanted to put photos on my on//off page to show more details?

I don't think I have multiple on//off pages..? At least I hope I don't. Are request pages and on//off pages the same..? I think I am just getting myself into a bigger heap of confusion really... Forgive me if I sound like I am running in circles!
Mistreated

Beguile's Mistress

Request pages are for stories you want to write and On/Off pages are for descriptions of your preferences, likes and dislikes and how you wish your writing partners to proceed.

Apologies & Absences (A/A) threads are to let people know your status.  Quite a few of us use them for general chit chat with other members as well.

Blythe

Quote from: Mnemosyne on June 09, 2016, 05:27:33 PM

Request threads and O/Os are not the same and do not count as the same.  :-)

Request threads go in the 1x1/Solos Wanted, the appropriate group board (depending if you're wanting to be a player or a GM), or the non-forum requests if you want off-site RP. Typically, these will detail out specific ideas you're seeking.

O/Os go into the "ONs and OFFs" area for your gender tag, in the middle column of E. Your O/Os, generally speaking, are going to be more comprehensive than specific RP requests.

But that being said, itt's not uncommon for a person to put plots they'd like to play in their O/O or detailing the types of requests they'd love to get in their O/O thread. O/O threads are for your general interests, but your O/Os thread can also be used to store things relevant to your roleplaying experiences on E. (I have used my O/O in the past and present to store ideas I'm not actively advertising for or used my O/O to store character sheet formats for system games I like, for example)

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Mnemosyne on June 09, 2016, 08:05:20 PM
I had wanted my request page to be more simplistic to try to gain interest, whereas my on//off page would be more for those who already had taken interest? Of course that might not exactly be the order people look at things in... but it is the train of thought I had personally? Which is why I had wanted to put photos on my on//off page to show more details?

I don't think I have multiple on//off pages..? At least I hope I don't. Are request pages and on//off pages the same..? I think I am just getting myself into a bigger heap of confusion really... Forgive me if I sound like I am running in circles!

No, they aren't the same. Requests are generally the area for players seeking other players with listed ideas; and of course ons and offs are basic what you like and don't like as far as content goes. The preferences page works similar for quicker tab selections, although in that page I do not believe you can post images(unless they were E wiki linked?) As for the forum one, you can still easily embed images upon it from other sources; or more notably safer ones as formally mentioned.

Of course orders vary with players. Mine is rather complicated as personally I check a user's preferences first for quicker skim of likes and dislikes, then gauge their writing capabilities by skimming posts, then look at their O/O page if they have one for more in depth knowledge and finally gander at their request page, again, if they have one.

Some users may take a simpler approach of looking at ones request then O/Os or vice versa.

Regardless, I do not believe request thread is an O/O in itself. I imagine brief listing of what you want/looking for in kink is fine; but still it is best to have short bios of game ideas or whatever to compensate for that.  I don't see why it wouldn't be any issue for more in depth information corresponding to your O/O page if you may have images there you don't want public to see(as I can't recall if solo request thread was open to public eyes, I know group was, but too lazy to log off and check. )

Then again, admin may say differ. I tend to use my O/O page as both a character dump area and listing of said O/Os and request thread for game ideas.