Epic Pathfinder experiment

Started by Chloe Milev, September 27, 2010, 06:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chloe Milev

Character sheets
In-character play thread
Out-of-character discussion and chat

So, it seems plenty of people like playing D&D here, and Pathfinder looks popular as well (as it is with me).  I usually plan my character's career to level 20, even though I know they'll never get there (or usually even level up).  But I was thinking of trying my hand at DMing a game (something I've only done maybe two sessions of live) in which all the characters are level 20 (or maybe even epic).

While I'm good with rules, making characters, and nitty-gritty, I'm never quite sure what to do for an overarching campaign.  I'm brainstorming ideas for single-event problems and the like, looking through the 100 adventure ideas from the Epic Level Handbook and Book of Erotic Fantasy.  Getting into one of those may open up more adventure inside, who knows.  But I'm also willing to see what players' (and characters') goals may be.  If you want your epic character to slaughter their way through hordes of mundane orcs and undead to feel badass, that's cool.  If it's helping a demigod rescue her lover from the abyss, epic planar adventure awaits.  Maybe I use the Deities and Demigods book to make up a flighty goddess of lust who decides to take a bunch of adventurers on a magical mystery tour of the planes to get into shenanigans.  People can collaborate on a party, or just make up whatever they want and I'll try to find some way of putting them all together (i.e. someone god bigger than you gives you a job).

I guess I would try to balance the gaming vs smut around 50/50?  You can either look for trouble and I'll give it to you, or you can "look for trouble," but it ends up being sexual, or however we want it to go.  I'm comfortable doing bondage, beyond the two basic genders, shapechanging, etc, as far as kinks go.

My first thoughts for character creation:
- Abilities are all 10, with 20 points to purchase more (Pathfinder ability score costs, pg 16).  And maybe let's say a free +5 inherent bonus to your abilities (either +5 to one, or spread it out); by now you've probably seduced/coerced/beat some wishes out of a genie.  Oh, and I guess we can make permanent Int increases retroactive for skill points (since I always enjoy making skill-monkeys).
- 2 traits.
- Level 20.  I think monster CR equals levels, depending on the monster.  Minotaur is easy.  Balor, less so.
- HP is 1/2 HD + 1 (so a d6 wizard gets 4, a d12 barbarian gets 7, etc).
- I think I'm pretty open to any books for classes, feats, etc.  We can include the skill Perform (sexual prowess), maybe with 1 skill trick per rank (a la Guide to Erotic Carnal Knowledge), and 3 bonus sexual feats.
- 880,000 gp.  With item creation feats, you may have crafted 1/4 of your budget over your career (an effective budget of 1,100,000).  This is weird, but on pg 234 of the Magic Item Compendium, it looks like you can add a deflection or ability bonus to an existing item without having to pay 1.5x the cheaper item's price (like you would combining two items).  So that may save some money if you've had to combine two items of your equipment.

So if there's a market for yet another game (this one epic-tier!) I've heard we can (and/or should) post this sort of game in Zaer Darkwail's "NC: Human-System Big Groups: DnD: Shadows and Shades"?

Anyway, I'm very much proposing a skeleton on which to hang a game, and if people are interested, we can bang it out to preference.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Callie Del Noire

ulthakptah

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm only in two games right now and nether of them are moving fast so I have plenty of time to join an other.

avorae

Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Callie Del Noire

Hm.. maybe an epic version of my name sake. :D

CirclMastr

I'd definitely be interested, as my RL Pathfinder group is on hiatus until after Christmas.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Kate

Sabriel

I think I might be interested too  :-)

Zaer Darkwail

I am interested also and could work as co-GM help with rule discussions or planning in plot.

Chloe Milev

So far it looks like seven interested parties.  How does everyone feel about the character mechanics?  Any themes, genres, scenarios, settings, or stories to suggest?  I've got something in my head now, following my usual method:  ignore the story and create cool concept characters.  They've begun to interacted and form a story, and I think there's plenty of episodic adventure to be had, as well as a point gathering it all together.  Would you all or any other curious parties want to know the basic start of the adventure, or the whole thing in my head, or some thing like those?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

avorae

Well I would like to know the basic concept of the game. As for a character concept  I am looking to do a monk/Rogue and prestige into a shadow dancer. I am still not sure of race yet though.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm..thinking Alchemist/Master Chymist.

A twist on my 'Callie' character.. Callic is the Alchemist.. Callie is his mutagen form. 

Of Note: How do you want to do the HP after 1st level?

CirclMastr

For some reason, I've been leaning toward more humorous ideas for this game.  Like a fighter with a giant wicked-looking scythe and black-as-night armor, looking like Grim Death armed for war, who's just a Neutral Good guy who thinks it looks cool.  Or someone whose personal goals include having sex with every race, or a goddess, or every goddess.  (Combine the two for hilarious opportunities for awkward conversations!)

So yeah, that probably wouldn't mix well if everyone else is looking for a dark, intense, serious atmosphere, so I'm just putting it out there now.
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

avorae

I am not looking to be all dark and grim. That was just a concept I have always wanted to try. Personality wise she is going to be very lighthearted and friendly comparted to most of her ilk. Heck depending on her race and or whether i choose anything from the BOE she might have even been kick out of the order for violating her vows. (Which would explain her becoming a rogue actually)

Callie Del Noire

Could be fun.. wish Herolab had the APG prestige classes in it.. I'd be trying to figure out what to gear to buy by now. :D

CirclMastr

I've got a copy of the APG, I can PM you with whatever prestige class info you need.

Callie Del Noire

I got it too.. BUT I like making my characters on Herolab and it's not on THAT yet.. already seeing some scary points of having epic Alchemist/Master Chymist .. Greater Mutagen is way scary! 12-14 stats for the Alchemist = SCARY for the mutantion form.

Chloe Milev

I'm definitely okay with a light-hearted romp through the world/planes, if that's the consensus.  Or at least punctuating adventure with humor / vice-versa.

Being kicked out of a monastery/order sounds like a good use of the Complete Adventurer synergy feats for a Monk or Paladin, like Ascetic Rogue or Devoted Performer..

Master Chymist, eh?  I see, I always go to the other Pathfinder SRD or book, not the OGC.  Wow, there's a lot of new prestige classes I hadn't seen since last time.  Neat.  Yeah, I'm pretty open to non-core things.  Maybe not Mongoose or weird 3rd party things like that, but at least the OGC stuff is made by Paizo.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Callie Del Noire

Basically it's a twist on the Alchemist who can change up to 5 times a day without a mutagen. (think Jekyll and Hyde) my take is

Callic is an Alchemist who dabbled and his alter ego is a CG or CN female named Callie.. who is very much a physical being. :D the 20 points means I have to slip a bit low on my mental stats but the +5 let me pop up Int and add a bit to Dex/Con for a person who is mostly 12 - 14 (except for a 22-ish Int) so far.

CirclMastr

Sounds like I'll be able to sleep with Callie and cross 'mutagenic' off my list. ;)  Heh.

Callie Del Noire

Like you'd know that. A mad alchemist who can use alter self potions to look like anyone? Callie is still sort of.. in development.

Zaer Darkwail

My char concept which has haunted me recently is sadly working only in gestalt setting. But depending what others roll and what party role is left I could roll char based on that.

fallensaviour

i did not remember anything in pathfinder with an actual level adjustment...

avorae

They do in a sense but it is not called level Adjustment anymore. It is the CR of the creature now.

Chloe Milev

Yeah, I guess they don't mention it as "+1 LA" or anything, but in the Bestiary, they mention Aasimar and the like being okay to try, but Gnolls and things are more advanced, and the people who play humanoids should start at second level while the Gnoll character is at first.  So if you want to play an advanced race, should we use the 3.5 level adjustment rules?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Zaer Darkwail

3.5 level adjustment would make things easier to manage.

fallensaviour

i'd say 3.5 level adjsutment -1 because tiefling and aasimar were both +1 la in 3.5 and they dont have one in pathfinder due to the more powerful nature of things in this game.

also in cases like gnoll or something that wasnt statted as playable in pathfinder use the 3.5 play as (insert monster name here) rules with modifications to skills as needed

Zaer Darkwail

Nor drows have LA in Pathfinder as I recall, expect the 'noble bloodlined' version which adds some extra stats and spell-alike abilities.

Chloe Milev

Yeah, everyone in pathfinder kind of starts as a +1 LA.  And being level 20 or higher, an Aasimar or Tiefling's energy resistance 5 isn't huge; anyone could get a ring or potions of energy resistance or something.  Now an Astral Deva, that's a complete 20 level character according to Savage Species.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Chloe Milev

That's pretty cool.  It's impossible to include every feat and option in there, but it's pretty snazzy for getting the outline worked out.

Well, maybe I'll start talking about the not-so-secret parts of the plot I've been cooking up.  I envision that for whatever reason brings everyone together (already a party, or in the same area, or individually recruited), an Ardent Dilettante (Planar Handbook) brings to you an interesting proposition:  collect the DNA (or "magical essence," etc) of various creatures, small and great, meek and powerful, mundane and extra-planar.  This could be blood, tears, bone, hair, semen, an egg, through whatever method you deem necessary to procure and preserve it.  He (or she) is fairly knowledgeable and well-traveled, and is willing to be a kind of guide on this quest, should you need one.

In fact, if the party lacks some needed resource, I'm always willing to throw an NPC in to help.  If everyone wants to make sorcerers, then I can include a meat shield or other heavily-armored thing, and vice-versa.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Zaer Darkwail

That is nice to hear that everyone call roll whatever classes and you provide perfect npc fillers :P. That case we need then talk about party alignment overall; good, bad, 'gold middle path' walkers or grayer perspective from good or bad angle?

avorae

I am looking to go Chaotic good (Formarly Lawful)

CirclMastr

Well I'm probably going to go Chaotic Good, and I'm pretty set on the Two-Handed Fighter archetype.  Nothing too complicated.

Callie Del Noire

Been working on mine but classwork comes first. That and I'm wondering which is better.. 16 Alch/ 4 Master Chymsit or 10 Alch/10 Master Chymist.

Sabriel

Quote*bump* others still in this?

No I think I am going to give this amiss now, good luck with it all anyway.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 01, 2010, 12:07:01 PM
What's difference?

I think it comes down to skill points, special abilities and saves.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, usual my ruling is to go full PrC progression in epic games. Makes chars more unique and special.

ulthakptah

I kinda want to build something with Ur-Priest but that would make me EVIL, is that ok with everyone?

avorae

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 01, 2010, 12:30:54 PM
Well, usual my ruling is to go full PrC progression in epic games. Makes chars more unique and special.

Normally i don't go PRC but lately the Shadowdancer has been calling to me so i am going to take it all the way. Looking at doing a 5 monk/5 rogue/ 10 Shadowdancer but i am still not sure on race yet. Once i hnail that down i can get started on the sheet.

Ironwolf85

Mr. Evil... I'd have to smite you...
but anyway, I was thinking of playing somthing, because I have 1 of my own, another starting up, the rest have ended, or died suddenly.
I think I'd like to bring back my minotaur Ezo... he could be fun to play+
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ironwolf85

or maybe my character Vernon, a furry gladiator turned paladin... offically he's a cursed human, so other than an increase in movement by two squares, he's got the same stats as a human.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Zatoplek

I would be interested in playing. I've no idea about Pathfinder though, or any of the characters or classes, so if someone could point me in the right directions I would read up for the game. If you're looking for more experienced players then that's fine too.

Z

Chloe Milev

Well, Pathfinder takes the Dungeons and Dragons rules (edition 3.5), and streamlines them a bit.  Most of the rules are online here and some extra materials here.  I, or anyone else who wants to, can help you set up a character.  I think we'll be using the rules for combat and skill checks.  I can definitely help out with that while we're playing as well.  If you'd like to PM me, you can think of what kind of concept you'd like to go with (melee fighter, archer, magic blasting, healing and protecting, sneaky stabby, etc.  And human, elf, dwarf, or something slightly more exotic).

When people have finished their characters, Myth Weavers and PlotHook are both good for posting the sheet online for me to see, so I know the capabilities of the party, and if you need any supplemental NPC (and what weaknesses to exploit, mwahaha!)  Actually, Plothook is better for this, they have an actual Pathfinder option on their sheets.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

WyzardWhately

It seems like you've lost a player...do you have room for another one?  I've been wanting to play a really high-level D&D game for quite some time, and this would really scratch my itch.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Ironwolf85

nice to see you again WyzardWhately

Chloe Milev

Let's see, so far we have:

Callie Del Noire   Alchemist - Master Chymist
ulthakptah          Ur-Priest?
avorae                Monk, Rogue - Shadowdancer
CirclMastr            Two-handed fighter
ZaerDarkwail
Ironwolf85
Zatoplek
WyzardWhately
Chloe Milev         NPCs, antagonists, monsters, gods, existential dread, etc

Eight players, that's probably alright, but probably full now, if everyone is still interested.  Are people busily rolling characters, or waiting for something more to happen?  Need any more information/inspiration?  Right now it's generic medieval fantasy world, but we can make it more specific if we want or need.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Callie Del Noire

Eberron-ish world? (I'll try to type up the character tomorrow.. still figureing out the money/goodies)

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 02, 2010, 07:43:31 PM
nice to see you again WyzardWhately

Oh, man, I owe you a PM, don't I.

Thanks for the slot.  I'll probably put together a Wizard or Sorcerer, because I have an actual kink for magic. 
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0

avorae

Ok I have settled on a race now so will throw the character together tomorrow seeing as I am off.

WyzardWhately

Quote from: avorae on September 29, 2010, 12:02:48 AM
They do in a sense but it is not called level Adjustment anymore. It is the CR of the creature now.

So...could I just outright play a Pit Fiend or Balor?  Because I've always wanted to do that.

I figure I'd have enough starting treasure to get a ring or amulet of some kind that would let him disguise himself as a normal human, and after that I wouldn't worry too much because he'd already be awesome.

Addendum: If we have item creation abilities, can we have made our own magic items in order to save money on them?

Zaer Darkwail

I myself was thinking to play as celestial or infernal/demonic bloodlined sorcerer. depending overal consensus of alignment present. Plain 20 levels as Pathfinder sorcerer anyway.

I assume we use Pathfinder char creation rules and core classes etc. But we can convert any 3.5 DnD PrC's or extra core classes (like Hexblade) into Pathfinder format?

Callie Del Noire

Wouldn't a lot of evil folk be a more serious game than humor like was initially proposed?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, evil game can be humorous also. But so far what I have seen we have Ur-Priest (evil aligned) in party with two good aligned people.

I do not mind mixed alignment game (makes things more fun and interesting when there is little conflict) but it can also produce painful drama if someone goes and do make a paladin characther which is 'lawful stupid'.

If people can roleplay without drama in mixed alignment party and not do anything to strongly provoke either side (chaos vs law or evil vs good) then I could play then a evil aligned sorcerror.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 03, 2010, 02:30:59 AM
Wouldn't a lot of evil folk be a more serious game than humor like was initially proposed?
If your read the "Looking for group" comic you would know that Richard is the most evil and humorous character in that story. Proving that evil characters are hilarious.

but yeah I agree with Zaer about the whole mixed alignment party thing, and if we role-play nice with each other we should be fine.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, Richard is good example of 'super evil but hillarious' characther. Also Black Mage from 8-Bit theater comic. Also the psycho halfling from OotS comic.

So it seems any good 'humorous' party needs at least one evil characther.

Kate

i am definately keen on playing a demonic character.

I think it would be very interesting to have other players that are demonic with simular goals :)

How often can we huh ?

Sooo much fun. Perhaps two groups "goody goody two shoes" and "not so good" ?

Zaer Darkwail

Consider we got 8 players so far it could help ease the burden and conflict to have two groups; one group with goody two shoes and other side with more villanous attitudes.

Kate

hey all wondering if any could help me out with this one

I was thinking of playing a succubus which has a level adjustment of 6 as well as hit dice of 8. I read ECL = Adjustment plus hitdice plus character levels.
... So does this mean if i want to play a succubus "at level 20"
i would be 20 - 6 -8 = level 6 in a particular class ? And if we are allowed 2 level adjustments for "free", level 8 ?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/demon.htm#succubus

Level 20 succubus sorceress that is really effectively a level 6 (or 8)
seems a pretty steep condition.

Zaer Darkwail

I think -2 LA is taken with succubus and so you would gain 8 class levels. But I recommend use Pathfinder succubus which haves different stats and abilities (as this is Pathfinder game basically with some stuff taken from 3.5 DnD). What I take from Pathfinder succubus it likely has same HD+LA range as in 3.5 DnD.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/succubus

Kate

20 - CR 7 = 13

but get extra three due to (due to http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monsters-as-pcs)

(This is to model how CR levels means less at high levels (where for normal
classes things become more additive and more things get more powerful to match level)

= 16th level sorceress.

OR

= 16th + 2 (if get 2 "level adjustments" for free) = 18th level sorceress

In short can the dm make a decision ?

IF i start off with the stats of

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/demon.html#demon-succubus

... how many sorceress levels could I have such that I am in total
as powerful as someone who is a level 20 of a normal class

Zaer Darkwail

Take note that you have outsider HD levels but do you intend 'replace' the outsider HD levels with class levels?

Kate

i couldnt find one stripped down that doesnt (ie what powers are inherit to the race vs something that appears at later paragon levels etc... Im a little lost.

Stats as a monster is the only thing i have found "as a playable race", i dont know what starting powers etc thati have

Chloe Milev

Okay, lots of catching up.

QuoteEberron-ish world?
What do people think?  Lightning rail and airships?  Gnome mecha gestalts ("and I'll form the head!")?

QuoteSo...could I just outright play a Pit Fiend or Balor?  Because I've always wanted to do that.
Pathfinder's ruling on monster PC's (pg 313-314) is that their CR equals their level, then you add character levels from there.  Which surprised me at first.  Their example uses a minotaur as a 4th level character, though he has 6 HD and a LA of +2 according to 3.5's Monster Manual.  But Pathfinder makes the point that monster HD and abilities are less important at higher levels.

So for making a Balor:  Savage species treats a Hamatula (barbed devil) as level 14, Imp as level 7, Kyton (chain devil) as 14, Succubus as 12, and a Vrock as 16.  It would seem for Pathfinder, they would be:
Hamatula   11
Imp            2
Kyton         6
Succubus   7
Vrock         9

Let's see here.  At first I thought, "Imp character with 18 levels of rogue?  Would there be any reason to pick an elf instead?"  Maybe not, but while they have fast healing 2, DR 5, immunity to fire, resist 10 acid/cold, flight, and invisibility at will, a level 20 rogue can get DR armor, rings/wands of protection from energy, a winged cloak, a ring of invisibility.  And anything with magic at this level will have see invisibility, if not constant true seeing.  *Shrug*

I'm not sure about just letting you have a CR 20 Balor.  Let's see, to compare:  Sorcerer 9, Fighter 1, Eldtritch knight 10; base attack 15, caster level 20 (Practiced Spellcaster); Str 16+2 abyssal sorcerer+6 item = 24, Cha 16+2 human+5 levels+5 inherent+6 item = 34; four level 9 spells/day.

QuoteIf we have item creation abilities, can we have made our own magic items in order to save money on them?
Craft feats at character creation, hmmm...  If I don't allow it, crafting feats are practically trash.  If I let you make everything, you double your equipment value compared to non-magic PCs.  Would it be fair to say you find most of your equipment over your adventuring career, but 1/4 of your equipment budget you can craft?  (i.e. you have 880,000 budget, but crafting a third of it makes it worth 1,320,000)

QuoteI assume we use Pathfinder char creation rules and core classes etc. But we can convert any 3.5 DnD PrC's or extra core classes (like Hexblade) into Pathfinder format?
Yes, we will use Pathfinder rules, but for a 3.5 prestige class, you would adjust the skill requirements:  instead of 8 ranks, it requires 5.  Instead of Spot and Listen, use Perception.  Etc.

QuoteWouldn't a lot of evil folk be a more serious game than humor like was initially proposed?
I'm okay with a mixed alignment group if everyone can find a reason to work together.  I think I'd like to keep it one group, if it's not too cumbersome.  Then I (or Zaer and I since we may work together on this) would only have to concentrate on one group, and there's the interesting dynamics of all the classes, races, and alignments working together.  Like everyone said, Richard (Dick), Belkar, Black Mage, they're all very evil, but are also comic relief.  And their destructive natures are sometimes aimed by the good party members.  Like a Malconvoker summoning demons to fight evil, only the cleric is aiming the infernal sorcerer at the more pressing evil.

Quotehow many sorceress levels could I have such that I am in total
as powerful as someone who is a level 20 of a normal class
Yeah, the succubus sorceress.  Hmm, CR 7 + 13 levels is the straightest way.  I may have to adjust the "free +2 LA" thing, since 3.5 and Pathfinder are a little different.  Pathfinder seems to have that free LA built-in.

Succubus, level 13 sorceress:  257 HP, DR, immune to electricity/fire, resist 10 acid/cold, SR 31 (10+HD?), flight, charm monster, greater teleport, dominate person, Cha 41, energy drain grapple; flaming claws, +4 Str; five level 6 spells; cloak of Cha +6, belt of Con +6

Level 20 human Infernal Sorcerer:  Str 10, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 32; 189 hp; charm +2 DC, corrupting touch, immunity to fire and poison, resist 10 acid/cold, 20d6 hellfire, flight, see in darkness; seven level 9 spells; cloak of Cha +6, belt of Con +6

They're getting even, with the human winning with straight magic.  The succubus already has good ability scores, and with extra levels, +5 inherent bonus, and +6 item, her Cha gets crazy high.  But that only gives her slightly more spells, and only at level 6.  While their DCs are four higher than the human, the human has level 9 spells, which would be only 1 lower DC.

So it's looking like using CR as total level can work, depending on the monster.  I think Balors and Pit Fiends are a little out of this, since at CR 20, they haven't had enough room for their special abilities to mellow out like a minotaur or even succubus.  Lesser demons/devils would probably work better.

Edit:  Maybe a monster's ability scores should be generated like a PC?  Everything is at 10, with 20 points to spend.  Maybe a succubus has -2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Cha (two pluses and a minus, like a humanoid race)?  Does that sound more balancing?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

avorae

I am fine with the creatures getting there normal stas boost honestly. After all they make up for it with the level lose anyway. Speaking of which how wouyld the half celestial work if i chose it at level one?

Zaer Darkwail

I think succubus has more than +2 to charisma. At least +8 or something explain why base monster has such high charisma. But if want balance stats related to monsters.....then we could just use 3.5 monster manual rule how find them. Just add -10 to all monsters stats and then round fractions down. That way you get the 'stat boost' what monster added to normal stats (minus 4th and 8th etc level stat boosts).

Chloe Milev

Hmm, the higher stats of monsters versus their lower spellcasting ability.  That might work out.  Let's see, a unique succubus starting with stats at 10, with 20 points, and Str +2, Dex +6, Con +10, Int +8, Wis +4, Cha +16?  You could get 18 Cha + 16 race + 5 inherent + 5 levels + 6 enhancement = 50.  Plus four level 6 spells, DCs +20.  That's pretty awesome, but balanced with lower-level spells.  I guess that could work.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Kate

Zaer Darkwail

Sounds fine to me also. Balancing factor is that non-monster chars know just higher level spells which can trump down lower level spells of succubus (example ward spells and such).

Kate

im not up on the rules as much as others here.

I think that all the thoughts seem to be sensible as far as balancing power goes, keeping people happy.

Would any help me create a character sheet for my succubus sorceress ?

i would do the background / pic and some item choices but those with an interest could flesh out the mechanics ?

My plan would be a charm-mind-dominating-focused creature.

Kate

my plan isnt to be the most powerful member in the party,
more a specailist one that is manipulative - which would be highly enjoyable to role play

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, my char Gabriel who is pure human infernal sorcerer is already pretty much focusing 'mind powers' kinda sorcery (even infernal sorcery supports that). No doubt succubus sorcerer is demonic sorcerer and that focuses/supports summoning dozen of demonic/fiendish creatures (give half sorc level as DR/good example and later features allow summon extra fiend of same type what you summoned).

But for items and reference here is my charsheet; http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=244575

I will be a co-GM in this game with Chloe's allowance but I will control own char in the party. Also you can still be manipulator or pick powers which focus trickery. Example you could use summoned minions manipulate people with high social skill checks and use illussions also trick people and such.

Kate

oh btw chloe is right - dont get craft creation feats ! with the amount of starting cash we are being granted we can commission anything we want.

(if its weird you would need her approval anyway to buy to make)
and if you still want more ? great => Gives us a reason to get some treasure ! :)

(btw can i also but a tome of charisma (leadership and influence?) or is that effectively the inherit bonus or is inherit bonus different again but tomes are banned starting items ?

Zaer Darkwail

Also demonic sorcery has thing to able conjure pair of claws which increase in level and also get +6 bonus to Str (and get powers which boost physical combat, so altough succubus is seducer you can make quite frigthening melee combat machine from demonic sorceress who also is decent summoner).

Zaer Darkwail

If wondering what I mean check this Pathfinder version of sorceress;

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/basic-classes/sorcerer

Check bloodlines and with succubus it would be demonic automatically.

ulthakptah

Kate I know of a PrC that you might be interested in. Thrall of Malcanthet it's in Dragon Magazine #353. you should check it out

Chloe Milev

Yeah, since we're so high level, I think I can be pretty generous about treasure without it affecting too much.  I can toss in things I know would be useful, or just make interesting things that you wouldn't really buy yourself, but if you find it on someone, cool.

If your succubus is oddly not-evil, you could be a Malconvoker, summoning fiendish creatures even better.  Although you'd lose another caster level to that, and being limited to level 6 spells might make summoned creatures less effective.  Maybe illusions and party buffs are the way to go.  Things that don't depend so heavily on having the highest level spell.  I'll take a look and see what would be helpful.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

CirclMastr

As far as the party makeup goes, I'm not concerned with the mixed alignment so much as I am with the size.  Eight players is quite a lot to keep interested and busy while still focused on one adventure.  If Zaer is co-GMing, I'd suggest splitting into two groups with parallel adventures; one group run by Chloe (with Zaer's PC so he can play) and the other run by Zaer.  As long as the two of you stay fairly coordinated, the groups can have their own side tracks but still end up in the same spot for the big epic moments.  Hell, if the divide is by alignment, it could be quite amusing to have each group foiling the plans of the other as they stumble their way toward a common goal.

Regarding magic items, the Tome of Secrets (published by Adamant Entertainment, rather than Paizo) has a random magical item generator called One Million Magic Items.  They end up with appropriately epic names, and can range from very powerful to very cursed to very silly.  Peppering some of those among the loot could be interesting.

Kate

i stumbled upon "dmless" gaming - is that when the computer puts you in a situation randomly ? would be interesting to have that appear occasionally so the dm's themselves are pleasantly suprised - may aid inspiration.

It may be best to split via alignment or there would just be posts of us feuding or having issues (humourous initially but i may dominate everything quickly also)

Kate

omg i could be the best party buff character if i play a "weaver" prestigue sorceress.
with super char bonuses .... look what she could do for the party...

http://grandwiki.wikidot.com/qsor2

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Chloe Milev on October 03, 2010, 09:03:04 AM
So it's looking like using CR as total level can work, depending on the monster.  I think Balors and Pit Fiends are a little out of this, since at CR 20, they haven't had enough room for their special abilities to mellow out like a minotaur or even succubus.  Lesser demons/devils would probably work better.

Well, it's something I've always wanted to do, but I can't really argue that they aren't kind of crazy.  I'm not sure that one can say for they're more powerful than the L20 Human Wizard I'm building already, strictly speaking.  I mean, access to a bunch of Level 9 spells can make up for a lot...but they aren't really "balanced" as a PC race, even if they don't hit the raw power a PC can in one area or another.  Anyway.  I'd like to do it, and it would make chargen easier, but I totally understand why a sane and unbiased GM would disallow it.

I think that's a fair ruling on item creation, btw. 

As for character concept:  I'll probably take a couple mind-control type spells, just because they're really good and wizards get tons of spells.  But his focus will likely be more on putting heinous curses and so forth on people in order to dominate and control them.  Could Bestow Curse gender-switch someone with no stat adjustments or other mechanical effects?  I'm pretty sure Polymorph Any Object could.  I'd really like to summon and bind an angel for sexual purposes.  Etc. Etc.

ulthakptah

Quote from: ulthakptah on October 03, 2010, 10:00:38 AM
Kate I know of a PrC that you might be interested in. Thrall of Malcanthet it's in Dragon Magazine #353. you should check it out
I feel like I could have pushed this PrC a little better. It gives 7/10 lvls of spell-casting, 3d6 sneak attack, CHA to AC, +8 competence bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate, +2 profane bonus to Language based spell DCs, +4 to CHA, Reflects Enchantments, and Succubus Form 1/1 day, full rnd, dur 1 Hour +2 str, dex, con, +6 int, +4 wis, +16 cha +9 Natural armor, fly 50ft avg., DR 10/cold iron/good, Darkvision 60ft Immune electricity&poision, 10 Resistance to cold, acid, and fire. Spell Resistance 18, Draining kiss at will

Chloe Milev

Well, speaking of weavers, I'm reminded of the War Weaver prestige class from Heroes of Battle.  You'd lose one level of spellcasting, but still have 6th level spells.  And you could share up to one 5th level spell with everyone in the party.  So you cast displacement, but everyone is affected.  You could even cast and store 4 buffing spells to be instantly released later on when needed:  at the beginning of a fight, you suddenly activate the Bull's Strength, Displacement, False Life, and Invisibility spells you had cast earlier, or something.

That thrall class is very interesting as well.  You could meet the skill requirements with your succubus HD, and just take 3 levels of sorcerer, and 10 in Thrall.  Though you'd only have a caster level of 10 and 5th level spells.  And I don't think the succubus transformation would work, since you're already a succubus.  Otherwise you'd be like a succubus sitting on the shoulders of another.    "Mecha-Shiva!  Mecha-Shiva!"
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Zaer Darkwail

Is not thrall a psionic class? Anyways another idea is that you could take 10 levels as 'insidious corruptor' from Drows of Underdark book. You qualify into it as succubus because your spell-alike abilities help you into it. Also if PrC had CL reg besides specific spell then you could take practiced spellcaster feat get all CL needed enter the PrC with just single level as sorceress (and have full CL PrC which specializes manipulate and fuck people up, and it can be beneficial for you 'mind fuck' your own party as your manipulation gives stat bonuses when indicated invidual performs actions based on 'your guidance').

Chloe Milev

Sorry, I was just abbreviating "Thrall of Malcanthet," not the Thrallherd or whatever class.

Insidious Corrupter is interesting.  You have the Claws of Influence at-will, which is nice, against 4 targets at a time, getting +10 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Sense Motive; give them +/- 10 Perception for a minute; Detect Thoughts and Confuse without a second save; you can give allies an extra action, or force enemies to use theirs; Dominate Monster; or end the effect with a swift compulsion with +Cha DC!  And at 10th level, even use the originating effect, Claws of Influence, as a swift action as well.  Your spellcasting would be limited to CL 8, or 4th level spells, but those are just supplemental to your class abilities.  Even though they're lower-level, your compulsions would have a really high DC.

So I guess you can go full Sorcerer for class abilities; War Weaver for party buffing; Thrall of Malcanthet for sneak attack +3d6, Cha +4, deflection AC of Cha (up to 10), Detect Thoughts, reflect enchantment spells, +8 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate; Insidious Corrupter for the Claws of Influence; or something else entirely.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, also I would not mind insidious corruptor altough it kinda steps on my field. It kinda makes sense evil team or forces hire top seducers (or mind manipulation magic users) to gather material and data for scavenged from varied sexual encounters. My char focus entirely pure power being 20th level infernal sorcerer (access higher spells and also change them through using wish if we need some specialized spell list for operation, just need 5K XP to pull it off).

Kate

All this game me an idea.

I was thinking of some strange succubus that doesnt have all a succubus abilities - but doesnt need as many levels to be one.

I will post her tomorrow, and would love to see others suggestions on what needs to change to make her balanced.

I hope you will adore her... she will look like this... (pity this doesnt have bat wings - but hopefullyu can imagine her with them).. she will be really weak (not a hot fighter - no claw stuff etc)

Zaer Darkwail

A blind succubus? Succubus cleric which is oracle could be interesting approach ('I seduce with knowlegde I know than with my body').

Kate

i was thinking that she would be a shit figter worse thana normal sorcerer

she is infernal and "sees" like a bad does with sound.

Her horns are not for fighting but are her "sonar ears" - she isnt blind her eyes are hyper light sensitive so she effectively is blind - not helpful at night really as a sudden flare of any fire can effectively hurt her and dazzle her to ages.

Her "sonar ears" are very sensitive flcking tem hurts them, them touching anything hurtsthem. - her normal ears are sensible also - which she partially wrapps for that reason.

She strumbs her harp and as long as its not too windy the echos she uses for sonar (she can't click-chirp to create hte right sounds -0 so she is reliant on her harp). Because she is pretty fragile -and shouting and loud noices disorientate her - she talks in a very windy breathy way ... and avoids loud sounds.

She is very thin and hovers constantly - doesnt really stop flying - she is very light (takes fk all punihmentbefore things are super serious)
She has super high charisma (like the same bonus but not for seduction of herself.

Zaer Darkwail

Then....why play succubus? Just for sake high charisma? You could play celestial race with high charisma.

Kate

i want a ridiculus charisma.

... and to be evil :)

Celestials are "good" .. i dont wanna be good )

Callie Del Noire

Beginning to think my NG/CG alchemist won't fit in.

CirclMastr

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 04, 2010, 11:43:00 AM
Beginning to think my NG/CG alchemist won't fit in.
Likewise for my fighter.

Kate

there will be two groups i think "goodies and badies"

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: CirclMastr on October 04, 2010, 11:55:13 AM
Likewise for my fighter.

Seems we're the only ones involved in the game that went for non-evil, so I'll just stop work on my character and sadly bow out.

Kate

hmm that pic of her looks so celestial ... she does come over as good.

aghh tough choice

Ironwolf85

I think I'll combine a bunch of ideas, and create a minotaur gladiator, with levels of paladin... could be a good time

Hunter

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 04, 2010, 11:57:32 AM
Seems we're the only ones involved in the game that went for non-evil, so I'll just stop work on my character and sadly bow out.

That tends to be the reason that I don't really bother anymore.  Everyone wants to be evil and I prefer neutral/good aligned characters.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Hunter on October 04, 2010, 12:36:50 PM
That tends to be the reason that I don't really bother anymore.  Everyone wants to be evil and I prefer neutral/good aligned characters.

For some reason it seems to be that way. Shame.. I had looked at a picture that had me thinking straight summoner. I just don't like mixing good/evil groups.

My first experience was spending 3 hours making the first paladin I got the dice roll for only to have a munchkin player step in and kill me in one shot. (they neglected their game had a paladin and 2 assassins in the group.. my first munchkin encounter)

My second encounter was on Enworld. The GM had the good guys come up with 'roleplaying' characters and then made an evil group that went pure munchkin/power builds..then put us against each other. We had several characters get pulled from the group for 'munchkin' style builds..then they put us up against MAJOR evil munchkins.

My character lasted 1 round because the guy that ganked me had meta-knowledge and designed his killer to expressly kill me.

Hunter

If memory serves, my very first character (1st edition!) died by falling down because stairs broke under him.   :o

If we actually get a good/neutral aligned game going, I'll look into it.  I havne't played Gilgamesh in a while.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I think we could make mixed aligned party without conflict if we all agree on softer side of evil (and more humorous if anything else and civil arguments etc). So nothing stops you make both paladin and assassin to same group. Just a decent compelling reason to work together.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 04, 2010, 01:18:59 PM
Well, I think we could make mixed aligned party without conflict if we all agree on softer side of evil (and more humorous if anything else and civil arguments etc). So nothing stops you make both paladin and assassin to same group. Just a decent compelling reason to work together.

When the old paladin sips his ale and does nothing as the assasins gank the new palidin there is. :D I once played a very civil and helpful Lawful Evil Fighter/theif in 2nd edition. (His goal was raise an army, burn Zhentil keep to the ground, sow salt in the soil and put all the Zhentarim to the sword. He donated to charity, was bluntly honest, kept the letter of his word and was very helpful to the group. Of course he saw no reason not to poison a foe or attack from behind either)

Hunter

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 04, 2010, 01:18:59 PM

Unless rules have changed, Paladins are not allowed to work with people they know are evil.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, the point is 'known'. But I recall in Pathfinder the paladin code has been slightly loosened to mean 'not allow unquestionably evil acts in his presence'.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 04, 2010, 01:37:29 PM
Yeah, the point is 'known'. But I recall in Pathfinder the paladin code has been slightly loosened to mean 'not allow unquestionably evil acts in his presence'.

True.. but I don't see a lot of good guys being comfortable around a Balor.

Ironwolf85

either way... most of the people who want to play evil I Run into... they want to play an anti-hero in black or somthing, either that or just be complete assholes to the rest of the party.
these are the guys who rob steal, and burn down the village when bored, then are suprised when the city guards look the other way while they get pummeled, or the next village greets them with rotten tomatos and pitchforks.
Especally when the local merchants avoid them like the plauge and they can't spend their gold or sell their loot.
yes when I DM, the world reacts to assholes...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 04, 2010, 01:51:58 PM
either way... most of the people who want to play evil I Run into... they want to play an anti-hero in black or somthing, either that or just be complete assholes to the rest of the party.
these are the guys who rob steal, and burn down the village when bored, then are suprised when the city guards look the other way while they get pummeled, or the next village greets them with rotten tomatos and pitchforks.
Especally when the local merchants avoid them like the plauge and they can't spend their gold or sell their loot.
yes when I DM, the world reacts to assholes...

Worst player I had was a 'ninja' that I talked into letting in my shadowrun. Spell locked attribute boosts, heavy combat armor, two skills in the 20s and not much else.

After watching him kill off two long term games in less than 20 minutes of fighting I decided to revamp the game.

His streetmage buddy (that did the spell locks) crossed a Yak and he sicked a rat shaman (level 4 adept) who dispelled the ninja's locks and put in a stink cloud and sleep spell in two of the locks. (the other power gamer drove him off before he could toss in a fire cloud spell). Then he started not being let into contact sessions as he wouldn't get rid of his armor, the other players SCREWED him raw on the deal (one game he got 20% of his cut and the rest of the players didn't tell him about it)

Then I starting added 'helpful skill' awards and he got like 2 points and some players would get like TEN. Electronics, Lockpicking, demolitions, Drive, ect. All the skills that he wouldn't get except for chips they learned. While he saved every point to up his stealth and bow skills up to 20, the other players got into something like a dozen skills that paid off even more.

Hunter

I love those kind of people.   Somehow every mission suddenly makes them completely useless.     >:)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Hunter on October 04, 2010, 02:12:07 PM
I love those kind of people.   Somehow every mission suddenly makes them completely useless.     >:)

Didn't have to, he set himself up. One of the fun ones was the night he got dropped in a pool in full combat armor, then the toxic dropped a toxic water spirit into the pool with him. He had to spend nearly half his reserve to get the armor replaced from the toxic's attacks. His suit held seals till the shaman dropped in two hi-ex grenades, since the shaman couldn't blast past our mage's spell defense.

avorae

Well i am still in and if need be i can go evil to keep group cohesiveness but i rather stay my CG. If anything i could play the lone voice of reason in the party which could lead to it's own comedic affect.

ulthakptah

You problem is not about evil people it's about Assholes who play evil people. The people who want to play evil (Me, Zaer, and Kate) we're pretty cool people, and not assholes. The evil thing we will be doing isn't that bad either, I don't think any of us are planing on burning down villages when we're bored. Kate is a succubus so she will be engaging in a lot of sex and debauchery. Zaer is an infernal sorcerer, so his power comes from evil, and I'm a Ur-Priest, so I steal divine power from gods. We're not that bad If a evil Lich steals a princess we will help you save her. Just remember Me and Zaer and going to take the Lich's secrets and powers while Kate sleeps with the princess.

ulthakptah

to summarize we will do the right thing for the wrong reason.

Ironwolf85

ahhhh then we can get along... and my guy is probably going to try and "Enjoy" the princess as well, though in a less debauched way

avorae

Yes I think we can get along just fine then considering she was kick out of the order for her sexual tendencies. She very well might like to have a fun fling with the succubus.

Callie Del Noire

Well if I went with the Alchemist/Master Chymist (durn Hero Labs for putting the Magus up last week rather than the prestiqe stuff from the APG) Callic might be a bit worried (NG) and Callie (CG) would be a bit more 'morally flexible'.

Ironwolf85

and even my LG paladin was a gladiator, albiet the merciful kind. so he's no stranger to gray morality. though if things go too far he will crack down (IE: the succubus trying to steal a soul... if he sees it he'll have to grab it and drag it out before she eats it)

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 04, 2010, 01:49:05 PM
True.. but I don't see a lot of good guys being comfortable around a Balor.

Sadly, it seems the DM is not going to let me play a Balor.  So, not to worry!

My character concept works fairly well around the middle of the good/evil axis.  It's sort of troubling in that I very much prefer playing heroic (or at most acceptably anti-heroic) PCs, but many of the kinks I like RPing are not terribly nice.  So, I think my character can get along pretty well with good PCs, so long as he gets to have his secret life where the seductions can be very...unconventional.

Right now, I'm building a Universalist Wizard.  No prestige classes or anything.  I am 90% sure I can RP this character in such a way that he isn't boring at all.

He's got extensive Stealth and Bluff, and a lot of disguise, anti-scrying, and similar magic.  So, his modus operandi is to be a near-complete cipher.  He's usually disguised, gets around via teleport, lives in Magnificent Mansions or similar instead of staying in inns, and otherwise avoids situations where people know who he is and what he's up to before he's done.  Despite that, he does crave fame and recognition, so he tends to sign his work via some means or another.  His reputation grows in his wake rather than preceding him. 

Chloe Milev

Okay...  Has everything resolved itself?  Can all the good and evil people work together instead of withdrawing?  Because I'd like everyone to be able to play what they like and still be comfortable together.  There's good and evil, lawful and chaotic, but those are less important than nice and asshole.

I love lawful evil, even though I'm too nice a person to be a mean asshole.  I'm just fascinated with the cool abilities evil things get, but going about it in a socially legal way, etc.  Anyway, I think everyone here is able to play intelligently and maturely.  Sometimes a class requires "Evil" (Ur-Priest, "Evil" outsider, etc), but they can exist socially.

If you're interested Ironwolf85, there's the Grey Guard from Complete Scoundrel.  At first level, it's a lot easier to atone, and at 10th level, you never risk losing class abilities, as long as your acting for good.

I'll try to make sure things are okay, and I'm sure they will be.  If it seems like needless assholery crops up, I'll moderate.

A straight universalist wizard is great.  It just reminded me of the Unseen Seer from Complete Mage.  You get some sneak attack, Silent Spell, +3 CL to divination (though -3 CL to other schools), and constant CL 20 Nondetection.  Hmmm, I guess the -3 CL is pretty bad, though.  Nevermind, probably.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Callie Del Noire

I'm working on it.. still need a few things worked out.. Working on 'Callic's Lab in a Bag' and a few other magic items.. got a few more poitns to hammer out on the 10 Alch/10 Master chymsit build.

And I need a call on the HP rolls

WyzardWhately

I still need to know whether I could gender-swap someone with Bestow Curse.  The spell states you can make your own curse, and that one definitely isn't mechanically as powerful as the specified uses.  I think the gender-changing spells in the BUCK &c. are over-leveled, so if I can get around increasing my already-bloated spell lists I will.

WyzardWhately

I'm getting close to done with my character (Bookkeeping on multitudinous spells and figuring up how much you've spent on spellbooks is a pain.)

I know we get some free LA for templates, but I'm not sure where to look for one I like.  I tend to play humans, but I wouldn't say no to something that gives me some little bennies in return for an LA that I'm not currently making use of.

Kate

Race - Unknown Celestial (new Celestial race proposal) OR fey

str  - 2 (racial)
con - 2 (racial)
cha + X (racial)

Racial Effects

a) "Sonar-sight" dependent on twin horns sets recieving echoes (hummed, sung or via instrument). Effectively blinded during loud noises
b) Impractically sensitive sight ( must keep blindfolded)
c) Impractically sensitive hearing ( must keep muffled )
d) -2 to str and con (due to porous bones, weak non-wing musculature)
e) Can fly (30 feet) and hover effortlessly, but is weak (can not fly against strong winds) and because of a very slow wing-beat pace can not react quickly in flight (graceful but not maneuverable), is not used to walking on land (-4 reflex penalty when doing so)
f) Extremely light (20 kilos) (can not wear medium without being grounded, if wearing heavy armor - can not move (but can talk) ie she can wear Mithrilchain shirt or robes)
g) + X Charisma (GM to determine)
h) Must be of good alignment (if celestial OR NA if fey)
i) Fav Classes any where Charisma is important ( Bard, Favored soul, cleric, sorcerer )
j) Pacifist/ Non-combatant: Does not engage in Mellee or Ranged physical attacks, can not pick up items needing two hands (due to weight - effectively a size smaller in weapon use due to poor arm strength)
k) Gender - Appears female

Reproduction: Complex Exotic Hermaphroditic

(To fragile to bare children, relies on either seeding other races or making other races surrogate mothers - Not all celstial references can change to fey if she is deemed more fey)

As a female - when receiving a male, the received ejaculate is simply used as a lubricant for an internal snake-tongue-shaped organ to enter the mounting male's penis harmlessly though its urethra to deposit an (celestial?) egg in each testicle where they either
I) Lie dormant until the next time the male deposits into a humanoid female
Or
II) If the eggs reside in a fiend's testicles (it the body assumes it has been raped)- they will instantly ruined but in one day their remains "painlessly bless" the surrounding tissue in a manner which gives a high chance of rendering the male fiend infertile thereafter.

As a "male" - the cliterous can swell into phallus to
either I) fertilize developed ovaries that are ovulating (with celestial? seed)
or
II) Fertilize all undeveloped ovaries of a humanoid female such that when each subsequently ovulate, offspring will only be produced if coupled with the seed of a celestial animal (eg a celestial unicorn, heavenly eagle etc)

Level adjustment = 0

Thoughts ? I do want suggestions to keep the level adjusment= 0, have a super high charisma bonus and effectively "be" what you see in the pic.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you could be aasimar (+0 LA) with +2 bonus to wisdom and charisma, but add additional template which is called 'seer' from DMG II 3.5 edition (it was +4 or +6, it gave you some amazing visual divination ability but in return your blind and wear blindfold but you have 'vision' effect wise; meaning no penalties being blind).

But as note most PC core races have no penalties and all non-humans get +2 bonus to two stats. But I think best idea would be using some base race (which has the sonar thing or blind etc). Then add half-celestial template and adjust it little. We can remove the ruling that +4 three stats and rest +2 stats rule so that you instad get single high bonus and rest are +2 (or just two other stats are +2 and one is super high like +10). Also you would not get spell-alike abilities nor smite evil but could get the other stuff.

Ironwolf85

again kate plays a hermaprodite character... though she does it well, the pic is diffrent though

Kate

Chloe Milev

I propose getting 1/2 HD + 1 to your HP each level, so a Wizard would get 4 per level (after the max of 6 at first).  But you can roll if you want.  Sound good?

I don't mind gender-switching or bending.  If anyone else doesn't like it though, is it okay if they don't do it with your character?

To find some interesting races and templates, there's Crystal Keep.

Let's see, for Kate's race, we could do Fey or Outsider.  That would make you immune to effects that target humanoids, but that's not too bad at level 20, especially since some classes make you a native outsider anyway.  If you have Str and Con at -2, then Cha could be +6, or maybe Int, Wis, Cha +2.  Count as “small” for most things:  ¾ carrying capacity, small weapons, -4 CMB/CMD, etc.

For blindness and stuff, we could recreate the Oracle's Clouded Vision.  You can't see beyond 60 ft, but you have darkvision, blindsense 30 ft, and blindsight 15 ft.  Raptorians are a race without a level adjustment, eventually flying 40 ft (average) with only a light load.  I think that's sufficient for the frail flavor without making you incapable of even walking.

Maybe follow the Fey or Celestial sorcerer bloodline.

Does that cover everything?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Callie Del Noire

Heh.. Callie wants 'out.' And isn't above playing pranks on her alter ego, (or using a wish to be a 'real girl' full time if possible)

Mystic Dragon

>:)

This sounds like fun. *Waves at Zaer*

I would like to submit Lethe the Succubus for play. I know you guys are concerned with group size, but there's no game that can't be made better(read: crazier) by Lethe and Amist(Played by Delta, if he's up for it).
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Chloe Milev on October 05, 2010, 10:17:07 AM
I propose getting 1/2 HD + 1 to your HP each level, so a Wizard would get 4 per level (after the max of 6 at first).  But you can roll if you want.  Sound good?

I don't mind gender-switching or bending.  If anyone else doesn't like it though, is it okay if they don't do it with your character?

That's exactly how I figured HP, so no worries there.

As to the other thing: I'm not going to make anyone do anything or participate in anything they don't like.  I am aware this is arguably metagaming, but IMHO it's the good kind of metagaming.  I don't have to do it at all, it's just another method my character might use to screw with people. 

Kate

So far I have made her this ... due to celestial bloodline I get feats
that dont make sense for my "race" (hey are these)

Mounted Combat ??? , Ride-By Attack ??? , Weapon Finesse ???

Is there any chance that the gm's can assign 3 other ones
(which will let me know how else to flesh her out)... I dont mind
if they are not that powerful - just ones they think would suit instead please.

Uranna

Outsider (Celestial)

Str 8  - 2 (race) = 6
Dex 10
Con 8  - 2 (race) = 6
Int 14
Wis 12
Cha 18 + 6 (Race) + 5 (inherit genie wish thing) + 5 (lvlups) = 34

Sight: Oracle's Clouded Vision.  darkvision, blindsense 30 ft, blindsight 15 ft, can't see beyond 60 ft
Permenant Flight 40 ft (average) with only a light
Count as “small” for most things:  ¾ carrying capacity, small weapons, -4 CMB/CMD

Auto Sorcerer Feats: eschew materials (auto for sorcerer)
Auto Bloodline Feats:

Dodge, Extend Spell, Iron Will, Mobility, Skill Focus (Knowledge [religion]),

Mounted Combat ??? , Ride-By Attack ??? , Weapon Finesse ???

Selected Feats

Combat Casting
Ignore Matierals components
Leadership
Epic Leadership [Epic]
Spell penetration
Greater Spell penetration
Epic Spell Penetration [Epic]
Maximize Spell ?????
Silent Spell
Still Spell

SKills: Heal (Bloodline)

Yet to be determined.

Item needfulness

Need ring for the following

Shield: Invisible disc gives +4 to AC, blocks magic missiles.
  Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus.
  StoneskinM: Grants DR 10/adamantine. (granite and diamond dust worth 250 gp)

Resistance immunity to acid, cold, and petrification.
resist electricity 10, resist fire 10, and a +4 racial bonus on saves against poison.

Powers:

Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell of the summoning subschool, the creatures summoned gain DR/evil equal to 1/2 your sorcerer level (minimum 1). This does not stack with any DR the creature might have.

Bloodline Powers: Your celestial heritage grants you a great many powers, but they come at a price. The lords of the higher planes are watching you and your actions closely.

Heavenly Fire (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash a ray of heavenly fire as a standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. Against evil creatures, this ray deals 1d4 points of damage + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. This damage is divine and not subject to energy resistance or immunity. This ray heals good creatures of 1d4 points of damage + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. A good creature cannot benefit from your heavenly fire more than once per day. Neutral creatures are neither harmed nor healed by this effect. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Celestial Resistances (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain resist acid 5 and resist cold 5. At 9th level, your resistances increase to 10.

Wings of Heaven (Su): At 9th level, you can sprout feathery wings and fly for a number of minutes per day equal to your sorcerer level, with a speed of 60 feet and good maneuverability. This duration does not need to be consecutive, but it must be used in 1 minute increments.

Conviction (Su): At 15th level, you can reroll any one ability check, attack roll, skill check, or saving throw you just made. You must decide to use this ability after the die is rolled, but before the results are revealed by the GM. You must take the second result, even if it is worse. You can use this ability once per day.

Ascension (Su): At 20th level, you become infused with the power of the heavens. You gain immunity to acid, cold, and petrification. You also gain resist electricity 10, resist fire 10, and a +4 racial bonus on saves against poison. Finally, you gain unlimited use of the wings of heaven ability. Finally, you gain the ability to speak with any creature that has a language (as per the tongues spell).

Spells: cantrips (Auto sorcerer)

Bonus Spell Bloodline: bless (3rd),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: resist energy (5th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: magic circle against evil (7th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: remove curse (9th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: flame strike (11th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: greater dispel magic (13th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: banishment (15th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: sunburst (17th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: gate (19th) (The gate itself is a circular hoop or disk from 5 to 20 feet in diameter)

9 x 1vl 0

Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
Detect Magic: Detects all spells and magic items within 60 ft.
Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small object.
Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
Ghost Sound: Figment sounds.
Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.
Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
Open/Close: Opens or closes small or light things.

5 x lvl 1

Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
Grease: Makes 10-ft. square or one object slippery.
Unseen Servant: Invisible force obeys your commands.
Identify: Gives +10 bonus to identify magic items.
Expeditious Retreat: Your base speed increases by 30 ft.

5 x lvl 2   

See Invisibility: Reveals invisible creatures or objects.
Command Undead: Undead creature obeys your commands.
Web: Fills 20-ft.-radius spread with sticky spiderwebs that can grapple foes and impair movement.
Knock: Opens locked or magically sealed door.
Peacocks beauty

4 x lvl 3

Major Image: As silent image, plus sound, smell and thermal effects.
Gentle Repose: Preserves one corpse.
Liars Curse
Solid Fog: Blocks vision and slows movement.

4 x lvl 4

Arcane Eye:
Charm Monster: Makes monster believe it is your all
Stone Shape: Sculpts stone into any shape
Invisibility, Greater

4 x lvl 5

PermanencyM: (diamond dust ?? gp worth)
Wall of Force:
Mind Fog:
Contact Other Plane:
Passwall:
Telekinesis:

3 x lvl 6

Kiss of Life
Suggestion, Mass: As suggestion, affects 1 subject/level.
Legend LoreMF: (incense worth 250 gp), F (four pieces of ivory worth 50 gp each)
ContingencyF: (quicksilver and an eyelash of a spell-using creature), F (ivory statuette of you worth 1,500 gp)
Disintegrate:
Chain Lightning: 1d6/level damage and 1 secondary bolt/level.

3 x lvl 7

Polymorph, Greater
Reverse Gravity
Teleport, Greater:

3 x lvl 8

Summon Monster VIII
Charm Monster, Mass
Discern Location:

3 x lvl 9
wish (diamond worth 25,000 gp), time stop, Dominate Monster

Chloe Milev

Well, there's a whole list of bonus feats for a celestial sorcerer beyond those:  Dodge, Extend spell, Iron will, Mobility, Mounted combat, Ride-by attack, Skill focus (knowledge [religion]), Weapon finesse.

Oh, wait, I see the problem.  You don't get ALL of those, you get one at level 7, one at level 13, and one at level 19.  So just pick three of your available bonus feats from that list.

And sorry, you can't get the Epic feats yet.  But I'm sure we can level up quickly if people would like.

There's a Ring of Force Shield (+2 AC, 8500 gp), Bracers of Armor (+1 to +8; a +4 would cost 16000 gp).  Let's see.  I don't think a ring with a constant Stoneskin would work, because the protection is limited.  You'd have to be able to cast it at will.  So (4*7*2000*1.5)+100(250) = 109000 gp.  You could activate the item to cast Stoneskin, and since its unlimited, the creation takes into account 100 uses of the material components.  This version would prevent 70 damage before having to activate it again.

Or there's the Ironskin Ring (DR 10/epic, 400000 gp).  You could buy it, but I'd say you can't make it yourself until you're level 21.  But I won't make you get Forge Epic Ring if you already have Forge Ring.  That's dumb.

There's also the Greater Iron Ward Diamond that you can attach to any heavy armor with a +3 enhancement bonus (not +1 and some abilities that add up to +3).  That gives it DR 5/--, up to 50 damage/day, and costs 8000.

In other news, I've been looking at items and things myself.  I think I'm open to customizing items via the rules in the back.  Like an "Item of [Skill] +10" at 10000, etc.  I was just looking at the Circlet of Persuasion, and it looks like it could be formulated at [bonus]^2*500.  Like it's +3, so it's 4500 gold.  So a Circlet of Persuasion +10 would cost 50000 gold, etc.  Though there are maximum bonuses before things become epic (+6 to ability, +10 to weapon/armor, +15 to skill, etc.)
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

WyzardWhately

Are there ways to craft items faster than 1k GP/day?  Or do characters become capable of that at epic levels?  Because let me tell you, I don't want to take two years of downtime to make custom magic items.  :P

Could we do something with craft points, maybe?

Or I could plane-shift to a plane where time runs faster, set up my item lab there, work for a bunch of relative time, then come back?  I'm pretty sure one of the D&D books talks about planes with different relative rates of the passage of time.

Addendum: Incidentally, my character is basically done.  I'm not sure if I mentioned that.  I can start whenever everyone else is ready.  I probably won't publicly post my sheet, but depending on how well the PCs know each other I'll be glad to post a summary and what people are most likely to know about him.

As to leveling up: I always thought the epic-level rules in D&D3.x were pretty poor.  I don't know if Pathfinder has improved them or not.  If they haven't undergone a drastic improvement, I'd be very happy with some alternate kind of advancement.  Maybe just gaining a new feat or some more skill points every now and again, maybe a +1 to a stat every once in a great while?  I guess if some people aren't level 20 due to ECL or whatever, we'd almost have to gain actual levels.  But if everyone is level 20 already, I'd be happy enough with staying there and using some alternate piecemeal advancement.

Kate

Needing items approved, and if race has fav class = sorcerer can add 20 hp 
Note a + 5 inherit bonus was given - genie thing - with cash i also bought a tome
of char + 5 (Have not read)... hoping it would be approved :)

Luv my items :)
---------------------

Uranna

HP + 20 (Fav class sorcer)

Outsider (Celestial)

Str 8  - 2 (race) = 6 (-2)
Dex 10 (+0)
Con 8  - 2 (race) = 6 (-2)
Int 14 (+2)
Wis 12 (+1) (if headband approved will increase)
Cha 18 + 6 (Race) + 5 (inherit genie wish thing) + 5 (lvlups) = 34 (+12) (if headband / tome approved will increase)

Sight: Oracle's Clouded Vision.  darkvision, blindsense 30 ft, blindsight 15 ft, can't see beyond 60 ft
Permanent Flight 40 ft (average) with only a light
Count as “small” for most things:  ¾ carrying capacity, small weapons, -4 CMB/CMD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feats:

Eschew materials (auto for sorcerer)
Auto Bloodline Feats: Dodge, Extend Spell, Iron Will

Selected Feats

Combat Casting
Spell penetration
Greater Spell penetration
Spell focus (Ench)
Greater Spell focus (Ench)
Quicken Spell
Silent Spell
Still Spell
Improved Initiative (+ 4 init)
Leadership

Wanted but not ready for
Ignore Matierals components [Epic]
Epic Leadership [Epic]
Epic Spell Penetration [Epic]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class SKills
Heal (Wis) = + 3
Appraise (Int) = + 3 + 3= + 6
Bluff (Cha) = + 3
Craft (Int)= + 3
Intimidate (Cha) = + 3
Knowledge (arcana) (Int) = + 3
Profession (Wis) = + 3
Fly (Dex) = 3 + 2(dex) + 20(ranks) = 25
Spellcraft (Int)= 3 + 0(Int) + 20(ranks) = 23
Use Magic Device (Cha)= 3 + 12(cha) + 20(ranks) = 35

Non-Class
Perform (String Instrument) = 12(cha) + 10 ranks = 22
Diplomacy (cha) = 12(cha) + 10 (ranks) = 22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Combat Stuff

--- Will determine if items are approved --------

Resistance immunity to acid, cold, and petrification.
resist electricity 10, resist fire 10, and a +4 racial bonus on saves against poison.

Powers:

Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell of the summoning subschool, the creatures summoned gain DR/evil equal to

1/2 your sorcerer level (minimum 1). This does not stack with any DR the creature might have.

Bloodline Powers: Your celestial heritage grants you a great many powers, but they come at a price. The lords of the

higher planes are watching you and your actions closely.

Heavenly Fire (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash a ray of heavenly fire as a standard action, targeting

any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. Against evil creatures, this ray deals 1d4 points of damage + 1 for

every two sorcerer levels you possess. This damage is divine and not subject to energy resistance or immunity. This

ray heals good creatures of 1d4 points of damage + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. A good creature

cannot benefit from your heavenly fire more than once per day. Neutral creatures are neither harmed nor healed by

this effect. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Celestial Resistances (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain resist acid 5 and resist cold 5. At 9th level, your resistances

increase to 10.

Wings of Heaven (Su): At 9th level, you can sprout feathery wings and fly for a number of minutes per day equal to

your sorcerer level, with a speed of 60 feet and good maneuverability. This duration does not need to be

consecutive, but it must be used in 1 minute increments.

Conviction (Su): At 15th level, you can reroll any one ability check, attack roll, skill check, or saving throw you

just made. You must decide to use this ability after the die is rolled, but before the results are revealed by the

GM. You must take the second result, even if it is worse. You can use this ability once per day.

Ascension (Su): At 20th level, you become infused with the power of the heavens. You gain immunity to acid, cold,

and petrification. You also gain resist electricity 10, resist fire 10, and a +4 racial bonus on saves against

poison. Finally, you gain unlimited use of the wings of heaven ability. Finally, you gain the ability to speak with

any creature that has a language (as per the tongues spell).

Items

Worn

Ring of protection (Deflection) 50,000 gp (+5);
Amulate of Natural Armour 50,000 gp (+5);
Bracers of armour + 64,000 gp (+8);
Cloak of Resistenace 25,000 gp (+5);
Headband of Mental Superiority (+6); + 6 Wis + 6 Charisma (144,000 gp)
Ring of Regeneration: 90,000 gp
Orange Ioun Stone - 30 000gp (+1 caster level)
Lavender Ion stone - 40 000 (absorbs 8th level spells of lower (20 levels worth)
Robe of Stars - Price 58,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.
It enables its wearer to travel physically to the Astral Plane, along with all that she is wearing or

carrying, +1 luck to saving throws.
Handy Haversack - 2000 gp
Adamantine Dagger 3002gp
coin purse - containing 213 gp

Crystal ball with true seeing    80,000 gp
Tome of leadership and influence +5    137,500 gp (Not yet read - will read if permitted)

Focuses

Ivory Statuette of self worth 1500 gp
Four pieces of ivory worth 50 gp each (200gp total)
Gate - circular hoop or disk from 5 to 20 feet in diameter (say 1000 gp ?)

Special Materials (In spell component pounch)

Stoneskin - diamond dust worth 250 gp (x 10 casts =2500)
Legend LoreMF: F (four pieces of ivory worth 50 gp each) (incense worth 250 gp),  (x 10 casts = 2500)
ContingencyF: F (ivory statuette of you worth 1,500 gp)  (quicksilver and an eyelash of a spell-using creature), (x

10 say 2500 ?)
Wish - (diamond worth 25,000 gp) Wish ( 4 casts = 100 000 gp)
[[ Total Special materials = 100 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 2.5= 108 000 gp ]]

Misc Stuff (in Haversack)

Case, map or scroll 1 gp
Antitoxin (vial) 50 go
Holy water (flask) 25 gp
MAsterwork Travel Harp - (100 gp)
Spell component pouch 5gp
Spellbook, wizard's (blank) 15 gp
fine bottle of wine 10 gp
Silk rope 100 ft 20 gp
2 lbs soap 1 gp
small steel mirror 10 gp
Vial of ink and quill 1 gp
Bedrool and winter blanket 1gp
cold winter outfit 8 gp
merchants scales 2 gp
hourglass 25 gp
emptry flask, bell and twine 2gp
flask oil x 10 = 1 gp
Iron rations (10 days) 5 gp
3 x waterskin 3 gp

Spells: cantrips (Auto sorcerer)

Bonus Spell Bloodline: bless (3rd),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: resist energy (5th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: magic circle against evil (7th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: remove curse (9th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: flame strike (11th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: greater dispel magic (13th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: banishment (15th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: sunburst (17th),
Bonus Spell Bloodline: gate (19th) (The gate itself is a circular hoop or disk from 5 to 20 feet in diameter)

9 x 1vl 0

Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
Detect Magic: Detects all spells and magic items within 60 ft.
Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small object.
Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
Ghost Sound: Figment sounds.
Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.
Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
Open/Close: Opens or closes small or light things.

5 x lvl 1

Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
Grease: Makes 10-ft. square or one object slippery.
Unseen Servant: Invisible force obeys your commands.
Burning Hands: 5d4
Expeditious Retreat: Your base speed increases by 30 ft.

5 x lvl 2   

See Invisibility: Reveals invisible creatures or objects.
Command Undead: Undead creature obeys your commands.
Web: Fills 20-ft.-radius spread with sticky spiderwebs that can grapple foes and impair movement.
Knock: Opens locked or magically sealed door.
Peacocks beauty

4 x lvl 3

Major Image: As silent image, plus sound, smell and thermal effects.
Gentle Repose: Preserves one corpse.
Liars Curse
Solid Fog: Blocks vision and slows movement.

4 x lvl 4

Stoneskin (granite and diamond dust worth 250 gp)
Charm Monster: Makes monster believe it is your all
Stone Shape: Sculpts stone into any shape
Invisibility, Greater

4 x lvl 5

PermanencyM: (diamond dust ?? gp worth)
Wall of Force:
Mind Fog:
Contact Other Plane:
Passwall:
Telekinesis:

3 x lvl 6

Kiss of Life
Suggestion, Mass: As suggestion, affects 1 subject/level.
Legend LoreMF: (incense worth 250 gp), F (four pieces of ivory worth 50 gp each)
ContingencyF: (quicksilver and an eyelash of a spell-using creature), F (ivory statuette of you worth 1,500 gp)
Disintegrate:
Chain Lightning: 1d6/level damage and 1 secondary bolt/level.

3 x lvl 7

Polymorph, Greater
Reverse Gravity
Teleport, Greater:

3 x lvl 8

Summon Monster VIII
Charm Monster, Mass
Discern Location:

3 x lvl 9
wish (diamond worth 25,000 gp), time stop, Dominate Monster

Chloe Milev

Okay peoples, here is a character sheet thread if you would like to post your sheet or link.  And if stuff is secret for now, that's fine.  Just send me a looksie so I can see everything's mostly kosher and can see what to do for you in the game.

For Kate, you can choose any one favored class in Pathfinder, so sorcerer is fine.  The tome and wishes are both inherent bonuses, and you can only get +5 of that.  So you can apply the tome to something else like Con or Wis or whatever you'd like.  Or just not buy it.  The headband is fine, but at 144000, it actually increases all your mental stats:  Int, Wis, and Cha.  Actually, it's the same price as one ability +6 combined with two other abilities +6, so it could apply to any three abilities, like Cha, Wis, and Con, or something.  But items usually have to make sense, so depending on what abilities it affects, a headband, or belt, or something else may be good.  If you only wanted to increase Cha and Wis, it would only cost 90000 gp.

For your skills, your class skills only get a +3 bonus if you have at least one rank of training in them.  So if you'd like that +3 class bonus to those skills, you'd have to take a tiny bit from the other ones.

And I suppose your sorcerer heritage improves your natural wings at level 20, making your flight 60 ft and (good) maneuverability.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Delta Echo

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on October 05, 2010, 11:04:57 PM
>:)

This sounds like fun. *Waves at Zaer*

I would like to submit Lethe the Succubus for play. I know you guys are concerned with group size, but there's no game that can't be made better(read: crazier) by Lethe and Amist(Played by Delta, if he's up for it).
I think there would be time to be up for it, if there's room here for the both of us. :)
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Chloe Milev

So updating interest list:

Callie Del Noire   Alchemist - Master Chymist
ulthakptah          Ur-Priest?
avorae                Monk, Rogue - Shadowdancer
CirclMastr            Two-handed fighter
Kate                   Sorcerer (celestial)
ZaerDarkwail      Sorcerer (infernal)
Ironwolf85          Paladin
Zatoplek
WyzardWhately  Wizard
Mystic Dragon     Oracle
Delta Echo          Duskblade - Blackguard
Chloe Milev         NPCs, antagonists, monsters, gods, existential dread, etc

I'm not sure we can play with this many, and I didn't really want to make two groups.  First, let's see if everyone is still interested.  Headcount?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Callie Del Noire

I'm still interested, just trying to fit out the character and add in the levels of master chymist.. since I have to add them by hand. I got my paper done so I should have a write up done soon. (tomorrow most likely)

avorae

Still here and am working on my character now. I just had a shoulder injury that has had me out for the last week.

WyzardWhately

Present.  I guarantee you that not everyone who expressed interest will actually get off their ass and make a character, and you'll lose another 1d2 or so within a week of starting.  I have started games with up to twelve players and not regretted it, because people are flakes.

Delta Echo

Still here and interested, of course. :)
Amist is a half-drow, and will probably be Duskblade/Blackguard.
O&O - A&A

Mystic Dragon

I'm still working on Lethe. Looks like straight Oracle for her. Anyone have suggestions on where to get good sexual feats? BoEF and Nymphology let me down :/

Chloe Milev

Yeah, the "Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" is good.

And yeah, I suppose it could be alright to start with everyone, since we might not all make it, and then attrition begins.  I'll just have to keep slow things like combat streamlined (I guess just a couple big monsters instead of several smaller), and bedroom scenes in separate threads.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Mystic Dragon

Thanks Zaer- got the 3.

That's what I would do Chloe. When I had a big group playing I had 1 or 2 main threads and side threads for romps or shopping trips

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah and as already told my little 'big game group' thread section is free for this game so Chloe can post the threads. Once each chapter or 'episode' is complete I lock the thread after she had created next one. The charsheet section is already stickied and now need just make OOC thread for the game....

WyzardWhately

Another thing that helps is to put down a hard date for the game to start.  So, pick some time within a few days from now, and tell people that the IC thread goes up with everyone who has a sheet done at that time.  Otherwise, people get to join in when their sheet is complete and they can be worked in.

Delta Echo

Well, since there isn't a "book" half-drow in Pathfinder, I decided to do a bit of poking around. Modifying the Drow Legacy feat from Drow of the Underdark from 3.5 to PF would be one option, but I think I might have come up with a better one. Would this be alright to use as a Race?

QuoteHalf-Drow Noble Racial Traits

+2 to Dexterity; +2 to Charisma or Wisdom: Half-drow are nimble and have strong personalities, with their human blood strengthening them as opposed to pure-blooded Drow.

Medium: Half-drow are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Normal Speed: Half-drow have a base speed of 30 feet.

Low-Light Vision: Half-drow can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.

Drow Blood: Half-drow count as both drow and humans for any effect related to race.

Drow Immunities: Half-drow are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial bonus to saves against enchantment spells.

Keen Senses: Half-drow receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.

Light Sensitivity: Half-drow are dazzled as long as they remain in an area of bright light.

Spell-Like Abilities: A half-drow can cast Dancing Lights, Deeper Darkness, Feather Fall, Levitate and Faerie Fire each once per day, and has Detect Magic as an at-will spell-like ability, using her total character level as his caster level.

Multitalented: Half-drow choose two favored classes at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes. See Classes for more information about favored classes.

Languages: Half-drow begin play speaking Common and Undercommon. Half-drow with high Intelligence can choose bonus languages from the following: Abyssal, Aklo, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Elven, Gnome, or Goblin.
O&O - A&A

Kate

http://carnal.orfinlir.de/versions/guide0-6-0.pdf

is awesome i wanna change my spells (if that is ok )

check out rose armour - and some of the other stuff omg !!

Ironwolf85

Kate it wasn't a meant as a put down, you play herms a lot, and you do it well. I might have to drop this game though... IDK depends on how things go

Chloe Milev

Yeah, I think BoEF and GUCK feats, spells, etc are okay to use.

For half-drow, hmmm.  Maybe treat it just like a half-elf, with Arcane Talent (a 0-level sorcerer/wizard spell 3/day, DC 10+Cha) as a bonus feat instead of Skill Focus.  Or we could make it three 0-level spells once/day each (Detect magic, Dancing lights, and Mage hand, or something?).  The levitation and stuff is getting a little into the more powerful noble drow.

I don't want to just slap you down on this.  Kate has a cool custom race, but I've tried to keep disadvantages balanced against it as well.

Okay, shall we say the story starts on Wednesday?  Get your stuff done and posted, but if you're late, I guess you just show up late.  Shall I find a way to wrangle all your characters into working together myself?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah and you haven't one my PM's yet Chloev, regarding demiplane and stuff.

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Chloe Milev on October 09, 2010, 10:30:14 AM
Yeah, I think BoEF and GUCK feats, spells, etc are okay to use.

Those books are really uneven, with regard to the quality of material in them.  Some of it's very thematic and more or less balanced, and then other stuff seems to have been written without any regard whatsoever for benchmarking or D&D design.

I am pleased to have a firm start date.

Callie Del Noire

I'm happy to say that Hero lab has added the APG prestige classes (which will make touching up Callic/Callie easier.)

Delta Echo

Well, that was the idea - that Amist is a "Noble Bastardess". ;)  In her backstory, her mother was an up-and-coming Noble...

But if the HDN I made is too powerful, being a "converted half-elf", with the three 0-level spells 1/day, with them being DL, Darkness, and Faerie Fire, perhaps? That could work, I think. :)
O&O - A&A

Mystic Dragon

I'd like to request a few bonus sex spells(skills or advantages for non-magicals) if I could- the stuff we get normally is our "toolbox," and I always wince losing those kinds of spells in favor of a "Reverse orientation" or "Movable pleasure center" which I'll probably use once for entertainment value.

Ironwolf85

looking foreward to this... so many choices...

Chloe Milev

Hmmm, maybe one free spell slot at each level just for "sexy" spells?  Especially for those things useless in any combat or tactical situation.  In fact, for the purposes of the bedroom, maybe call off the rules of magic?  You can polymorph yourself, call monsters and animals, and whatever, without having to worry about not having a fireball prepared for a fight later?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Ironwolf85

sounds good, as long as we keep it within reason, maybe I'll just play a warforged... I found a kickass picture for one

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Chloe Milev on October 10, 2010, 10:49:44 PM
Hmmm, maybe one free spell slot at each level just for "sexy" spells?  Especially for those things useless in any combat or tactical situation.  In fact, for the purposes of the bedroom, maybe call off the rules of magic?  You can polymorph yourself, call monsters and animals, and whatever, without having to worry about not having a fireball prepared for a fight later?

I'm down with this.  When you say one free spell slot, do you mean an extra spell known, or we can cast an extra spell of each level per day?  Because I am totally okay with paying to load my spellbook up with more sexy spells if I can use one per level per day for free. 

Zaer Darkwail

I think it's spell known for spontaneous casters and one spell slot for preparing classes.

Callie Del Noire

Of course I have to figure which extracts work. :D

Since they only work on the alchemist.

WyzardWhately

So, how is everyone's character generation coming along?

Ironwolf85

I've finally settled on a character... and I'm doing background bits, I'm thinking warforged bard

ulthakptah

very close to being done just need to finish the inventory, pick out prepared spells, and come up with a background

Mystic Dragon

I'm moving along, but only have about 1 hour per night to work on it. May be done tomorrow evening or may have to pop in slightly after.

WyzardWhately

I personally have started the laborious process of changing over to a mythweavers sheet.  It's obnoxious, but probably necessary in the long run.

Kate

I think my character is almost ready to go (changed her items as well as her sexuality and background a little).

However

a) I need help working out her spell penetration etc (casting bonuses Im a little lost on)
b) I have a leadership feat (but have not fleshed out any followers or cohorts - hopefully I may find them :)
along with treasure to design and build my heaven ! My own empire !

Chloe Milev

I've been writing my first introductory post for the in-character thread, just been a little busy today.  Hopefully it will come around tonight.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

WyzardWhately

Kate:

I can't help you with the followers or similar, but spell penetration is very easy.

The description of Spell Resistance is on page 564, lower right-hand column.  To defeat a creature's SR, you have to make a caster level check.  This is 1d20 + your caster level.  Because you have 20 levels in a single spellcasting class, your caster level check is 1d20+20.  Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration give you a further +4 to that roll, for 1d20+24.  If you have to make a caster level check for any other reason, such as for using Dispel Magic against another caster's effects, your roll is still only 1d20+20.

Chloe Milev

Okay, in-character play thread begins here with invitations!  I haven't seen everyone's sheet yet, so I couldn't write something for everyone.  I can retcon as needed.  See you all later!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85713.0
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Delta Echo

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on October 12, 2010, 09:30:22 PM
I'm moving along, but only have about 1 hour per night to work on it. May be done tomorrow evening or may have to pop in slightly after.
Ditto. Hope to have Amist done tomorrow, at least enough to hop in...
O&O - A&A

Chloe Milev

Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Ironwolf85

finally got around to starting on my character...
sorry it took FOREVER...
but Real life has been hectic, and I've had to do work on a cyberpunk character for a RL game freaking complex...

Ironwolf85

I need to get 3.5 to mesh with Pathfinder... escpecally with how to do the warforged race... any suggestions on racial stats?

Chloe Milev

Hmm, I suppose you could import it directly.  For stats, maybe Str +2, Con +2, Cha -2?  I would balance that better, but for an epic game, I think I'll be okay.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Ironwolf85

now I need to find some pathfinder pdfs or somthing... gawd I feel so unprepaired...

Ironwolf85

it's just I got level 1-5 mermorized.... but we're level 20... I have only one character that ever reached that

Delta Echo

Just wanted to say I haven't forgotten this, but some discussion resulted in Amist, half-done, getting a complete overhaul. Should have her done by tonight or tomorrow morning. :)
O&O - A&A