Star Trek Game Looking For Players

Started by Doktor Sleepless, August 02, 2009, 06:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Sleepless

Hi all, we have a Star Trek game going on, and we need some new players, since some of our members have had to drop it. Check it out: Star Trek: Star Base Tesla.

Any questions, feel free to drop me a PM, ask here, or in the game's OOC thread.

See our current roster, so you can see what positions are open.

EDIT: Here's some more info from our original interest thread:

So, this topic got me thinking. Who's on board for a freeform Star Trek RP? We could be a space station; I'm thinking of playing the Captain in charge of it, and ocassional NPCs... and others could play other officers, diplomats from the Klingon or Romulan empires, merchants, civilians, etc...

No overarching plot, just character situations, if anyone feels like actually GMing plots, it'd be cool. NO godmoding, please.

Setting? Some border space space station with lots of civilian traffic, right after the Dominion War. Any takers?

Canon Guidelines: We accept anything that's on Memory-Alpha, subject to approval by us three, based on how we feel it meshes with the game.

When it comes to non-canon stuff (preferably from Memory Beta, which has stuff from the books, games and comics), we'll accept stuff for review, but there are no guarantees.

We don't want to run a anally-tight canon game; like this fleet I play in where they didn't allow me to name a runabout after a river in Andoria because all the runabouts seen on screen had been named after Earth rivers; but I don't want stuff to get too out of hand. Stray away from canon too much, and you end up with wacky shit like this.

UPDATE: Here's a sample profile form (this is not my character for the game):

Name: Dev Em

Nickname: None.

Position: Medical Officer

Race: Bajoran

Place of Birth: Bajor

Hair: Black, greying at the temples

Eyes: Black

Height: 6'

Weight: 170 lbs

Languages: Bajoran, Cardassian, Federation Interlingua, Vulcan

Marital Status: Single

Physical Description: Dev Em is a tall man around 6 feet, slender and fit, he wears his black and blue medical uniform with only two full pips on his collar, something a bit strange to behold as he is a mature man, in his late 30s/early 40s. His jet black hair is cut short, and it matches the shade of his eyes, as black as starless space, with a depth that shows you this man has seen a lot of things, and even though many weren't pretty, he hasn't let that fact beat him down. On his right ear, wich is scarred, he wears a simple, silver traditional piece of Bajoran jewelry, with a single, short chain and small brace huging the carthylage.

Psychological Profile: Em has been through many things, has lost loved ones many times, but he hasn't let that turn him into a bitter man, he's a spiritual person, reveling in his religiousity, but he is not boring. He is cheery and likes to have fun, and, even if he's a MD, he would make a good counselor, as he can listen very well, and provide advice.

Family History: Em's family is of the Dem d'jarra, a "clan" of philosophers and poets. His parents, Dev Jar and Dev Ra, where members of a civilian, pacifist group that spoke against the Cardassians during the early years of the occupation. That caused them, and Em's older sister, Dev Kai, to be arrested and sent to the Cardassia IV labor camp.

Personal History: After being left alone at 13, Em joined, or rather was taken into the Shakaar resistance cell, where he became friends with some of the older members, like Kyra Nerys and Lupaza, who built him a new earring when his original one was torn from his ear by a Cardassian soldier.

He grew up under the wing of Tel Sur, the main medic of the Shakaar cell, whose d'jarra was one of the most respected line of healers of the planet. Under Tel's wing, Em became skilled as a medic, treating his fellow resistance members. He also participated in many strikes, killing Cardassians when needed, but he didn't like it a bit. That doesn't mean he can't defend himself: he spent' his adolescense and early adult life as a resistance fighter.

Life as a resistance fighter wasn't easy, and he lost many loved ones, included the girl he loved, Par Nima. He still remembers her scream dying under the fire of a cardassian gun....

After the Withdrawal, he graduated as an MD specializing in emergency room work, and remained on Bajor, working at the Ilvian Medical Complex (as well as on other places such as Deep Space Nine, where he met Dr. Julian Bashir). Many years later, after everything was settled, he felt the need to travel, but he didn't want to abandon his medical career. So he decided to join StarFleet.

He went through a two year course at StarFleet medical, where he caught up with standard Federation procedures, with no problem, Bajoran medical sciences being very advanced. He served first on board of the USS Pasteur, a medical vessel, then went back to his planet to serve on DS9, then serverd on board of the USS Drake, and has now been transferred to the USS Medusa.

After a brief period at the USS Medusa, where he served as Acting Chief Medical Officer, he was transferred to the USS Philista, a medical ship, where his talents as a field doctor and researcher were put to use.

During his time on the Philista, among other things, he developed a cure for a virus that a race of alien creatures had unintentionally infected the humans at the Caldos IV colony. He developed the cure for the mutated strand of the virus. His knowledge of xenobiology, together with his experience with bio-engineered weapons was what helped the most, for the virus was completely alien and at the same time engineered for human physiology.

Just one year after joining the Philista's crew, he was offered a teaching position at Starfleet Medical, due to his outstanding abilities as a field doctor. He took it, and spent three years there, until he felt the need again to be out in the stars, and asked for a transfer. He was offered the position of CMO on the USS Hiei, and finally given a promotion to Lieutenant, albeit acting.

Academic Records

Em's specialties in medicine are obviously field medicine and emergency room procedures, but he's also a good doctor to have around people, treating families and the like. He also has a degree in xenobiology, being very interested on how life got started all around the galaxy.

Official  Starfleet Records

* USS Pasteur
* Deep Space Nine
* USS Drake
* USS Medusa
* USS Philista
* Starfleet Medical (teaching position)

Commendations

* Bajoran Prophet's Star for services to his people.
* StarFleet Medical Dr. McCoy award to best bedside Manners 

Hobbies

Philosophy, poetry, theology, springball, and pool.

Other Information

Birth-2348
Joined Resistance-2361
Graduated-2371
Joined StarFleet Medical School-2378
Graduated-2382
Assigned to the USS Pasteur-2382
Transferred to DS9-2383
Transferred to USS Drake-2385
Transferred to the USS Medusa-2386
Transferred to USS Philista-2387
Transferred To Starfleet Medical-2388
Transferred To USS Hiei-2391

----------------------Empty Character Sheet----------------------
Name:

Nickname:

Position:

Race:

Place of Birth:

Hair:

Eyes:

Height:

Weight:

Languages:

Marital Status:

Physical Description:

Psychological Profile:

Family History:

Personal History:

Academic Records

Official Starfleet Records

Commendations

Hobbies

Other Information

UPDATE II: Official year is 2375, right after the Dominion War ended.

CaptainErotica

I'm interested, but I'm not overly familliar with the Dominion War time frame. Anyway what all are you looking for character sheet wise?

Doktor Sleepless

Check the character thread (by clicking on any of the character names up there) for examples of character sheets. What time periods are you familiar with?

CaptainErotica

Honestly? I use to watch TNG religiously and have seen all the movies. Other than that I've watched episodes here and there of the other series' and read a lot of the books, including a few on the Dominion War. With google/wiki i should be fine. I'll take a look at the characters and send you a PM later.

grdell

I tried getting a Star Trek game going on another forum not too long ago. Didn't work out. But I still have a pretty good grip on my favorite NPC's - one was the captain of the ship, and the other was a male Bajoran counselor. I could easily adapt the captain idea to another position. Would you allow someone to play more than one character?
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

jouzinka

Grdell, maybe you don't need to adapt your ship Captain to another position. ;D We have a ship that is attached to Starbase Tesla and Paladin recently dropped the game, therefore said ship has no Captain. :)

Secondly, yes, Dok has allowed people multiple characters as long as it's kept within reason (say up to 3 characters per player). And oh, yes, we could use a Counselor as well. ;D

Quote from: JustRob on August 04, 2009, 11:16:00 AM
Honestly? I use to watch TNG religiously and have seen all the movies. Other than that I've watched episodes here and there of the other series' and read a lot of the books, including a few on the Dominion War. With google/wiki i should be fine. I'll take a look at the characters and send you a PM later.

I don't know if you heard about it, but www.memory-alpha.org is a pretty good and canon source for all things Trek. ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Doktor Sleepless

Gentlemen, the lovely Jouzinka, my right hand!

jouzinka

jouzinka

I know that E hates bumping, but I merely wanted to point out that we have just today moved to our own board (FOUND HERE) and officially got the status of big group, which means only few minor changes.

What still doesn't change, though, is that we are still looking for players who are interested in taking their part in our game. >:)

Within reason you can be any species you want and not necessarily a Starfleet personnel - the Starbase has a lot of possibilities open for civilians of any species, color, religion and sexual orientation. :-)

In fact, the base itself is close enough to the frontier that you can readily create a species of your own! Within reason, of course! :P

Doktor Sleepless

Yes, we accept new additions, under review from me and my two henchladies, Karma and Jouzinka.

Transgirlenstein

I am interested in coming back but ONLY if I can play a starfleet member who is...a gorn.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Doktor Sleepless

Yes, Karma told me that. Well, if that's your desire, come up with a plausible backstory and we'll be happy to have your lizard.

RubySlippers

I know we had a difficulty last time I played in your game. If you would consider a new idea how about a young merchant in a small one woman maybe with a companion from time to time merchant trading ship. A thrown together little vessel using war surplus parts and her own elbow grease.

Not a super craft think a ship that ,er, it flies and carries cargo with some defenses. Not a big ship she only had her war mustering out benefits and some contacts but it makes her money.

No use biting off too much this would be easy to run and not be unfitting. She would be either human or maybe a trill (unjoined) I like the spots.

If not its ok but she would not be Starfleet but have a good enlisted record but from a merchanting family. Overall very modest.

Doktor Sleepless

Thanks for your interest, Ruby, but unfortunately, we have to decline. I hope you understand.

Transgirlenstein

I'll think of something.  I'm sure a few gorn got it into their scaled heads to join Starfleet after that little misunderstanding with that weird talking Captain in the yellow shirt who slew one of their heroic spaceship captains.

Not sure what department, Science maybe?

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Doktor Sleepless

Of course a Gorn here and there could have joined. Could use a Science Chief, yeah.

Doktor Sleepless

You're in like Flynn. Feel free to introduce your character when you are able to.

Farmboy

I replied to you in a PM earlier.

What do you think of a Denobulan guy for Counselor? Anyone who can juggle five marriages could certainly do something as simple as keeping a space station sane! ;)

RedEve

How are you going to introduce the new crew members? Are they going to arrive on the ship?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

jouzinka

That depends, really. Some of them are going to arrive on ships/shuttles, some may be written to be on the station for a while already... :-)

RedEve

Is the position of Chief Flight Control Officer still open?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list