News:

Main Menu

Know what Sucks?

Started by Vercile, December 21, 2013, 07:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vercile

Inkidu

Knowing today's misuse of the word it's probably not actually irony.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Lux12

Quote from: Frozen Star on December 21, 2013, 07:18:14 AM
Irony.... that is all.
Pardon me if I sound a tad dismissive but what exactly is the purpose of this thread?

Vercile

Inkidu,

Irony, the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Chris Brady,

Lol, indeed.

Lux12,

I guess there's no real purpose, I was feeling down and needed to say something, but I really didn't want to get into my personal problems so I gave a quick non-threatening or invasive vent.

Inkidu

Quote from: Frozen Star on December 24, 2013, 04:55:09 AM
Inkidu,

Irony, the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

I don't need to know a definition. :\

Considering that you simply said irony sucks without providing any context it very well could simply be a rum coincidence.

Believe me, I don't need to know a definition of that word.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Vercile

Inkidu,

All right all right, fair enough.