Werewolves: New Blood

Started by Valerian, April 15, 2010, 03:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

The little village of Smith's Folly seemed perfect.  Nestled near woods and a stream, with rich land, it seemed to have everything the new settlers needed, and they all happily set to work making themselves at home.  Surely the strange rumors they'd heard, about how those same lovely woods sometimes echoed with the chilling howls of wolves, were only tales meant to frighten around the fireside.  Surely nothing terrible could happen to anyone in such a restful spot...

• Albedo
  • AncientMaster
  • Ex68471
  • The Exiled
  • GeekFury
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Maric
  • The Unholy Potato
  • VictoriaVale
  • Watari

"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lucius Cornelius

Well hello there, just want to know all off you.

As some of you may know,  i'm an ex-soldier, and now i 'm the smith in the town. any problems with your horses, take to me and i'll fix his horseshoes.

GeekFury

Evenin', I'd like to introduce myself if you don't know me already I'm the village woodsman, when logs and fire wood are needed I'm the man you need turn to.

Lucius Cornelius

well as a firs task i think we could build a shirne to our wonderful goddess  Valerian , who watch us in the sky.

AncientMaster

I'm the towns priest, while its important to honour the goddess i think we should build shelter first, then get onto the shrine we can hold the mass outside till then.

GeekFury

Well then, shall I off and cut us some wood for the building?

AncientMaster

sounds like an excellent plan brother

GeekFury

Well, I shall off to the forest and fell some trees for the project.

Albedo

I am the town hunter gatherer, I catch food so I can help feed this small developing town. I usually do most of my hunting early in the morning, and can be found dragging a deer carcass from the woods to my small shop to prepare the meat for everyone to eat. It's a pretty nasty job, but people do need their meat. I used to go hunting at night to catch nocturnal animals, but after finding some deer with their throats bitten out I realized that we might have a wolve infestation in the woods, so I'll play it safe and hunt in the early morning. If you guys need any meat you can find me at my shack and purchase some for a small price.

The Exiled

A young woman gazes upon her fields of seeding grain, worrying as any farmer should for the young crop in this sensitive stage of growth. Her clothing is plain and simple, and her features are of brown hair, and brown eyes. Some would say she is pretty, but others would say that she is rather dull. Her father left her to become a scribe, her brothers left her to become guards, and she was left to tending the fields and herding a flock of sheep that provided the town's necessary supply of wool. She was known to be a woman of few words, but she was known also to be generous and friendly, the kind of girl that would take a wounded stranger into her home and nurse them back to health.

Those eyes watch over her small flock of sheep now, with a worry that it would soon thin again for the crying of wolves in the distance. Learning to become a shepherd wasn't easy.

Ex68471

I load another armful of skins into the vat. I am the town's resident tanner/leatherworker, and ever since something shredded the skins I sctratched out to cure last week, I have been working overtime trying to replace them. The tannery has been in my family for generations, and with a little luck, that's where it will stay. I have no family at the moment, but I have high hopes that it will happen when needs warrant. That's the way eveything has always worked for me, things happen when they need to, and never before.

I work my way back to my house, which is a short ways from the tannery, and wash the tanning solutions from my arms. I change clothes and make my way towards town.
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

The Exiled

Not much time would pass until the tanner would walk past the fields belonging to the young shepherd. She always smiled at him fondly, each day he would enter the village. There was a shy attraction in her gaze, and she secured the door to the pen, locking the sheep in so she could spend a little time socializing with other villagers.

Albedo

The Hunter Gathering stepped out of the shop wiping the blood from his hands after he just finished gutting the dear from this morning's hunt. He notices that it's a pretty quiet day in this tiny town. Nothing looked that suspicious. He watched the farmer and the tanner off in the distance but nothing looks out of the ordinary at the moment.  He walked back into his shop so he could prepare the meat for everyone for consumption.

GeekFury

The woodsmen walked through town to his shack near the edge of the woods, he had work to be done and it was best to get it done before the night fell. He was a slightly imposing man, tall, musculer, built from a life hauling logs and swinging axe, as he passed through the town he nodded at those he passed,his scruffy aubaurn hair shaking as he did, a happy look in his blue eyes. Yawning he scratched his hairy cheeks, wondering if the talk of wolves in the woods was rumour or something more..

Lucius Cornelius

As he heard the distant howls, he knows that the town will be in danger, well he usually do plows, but he  put wood into the forge and begin to  work, arrowheads and spear, they soon will need it.  So he begin to work on it.

Soon the sounds of his hammer can be heard in all the village.

AncientMaster

I travel up town to see the local smithy, I to have head the sounds of the wolves coming from the woods. I scratched my stubbly beard, my years showing as i hike up the hill. "Hello Lucius i see your preparing for the beasts, let me bless the weaponry you have built. I kneel and say a short prayer. "keep us safe Lucius" I run out, "I'll go tell the farmers to keep the animals inside"

I head out intho the fields and see the local tanner and sheppard talking "hey!" I waved from afar and walked up "i've heard the sounds of wolves in the woods, keep yourself safe children" I put my hands on your shoulders "will I see you at tonights mass"

The Exiled

The town priest was a surprise to the girl shepherd, but a pleasant one. She raised her staff in a quite greeting, and gave him her characteristically shy little smile. "I worry for my sheep, kind priest. Please understand if I must leave mass early this night. The Goddess is a good guardian, but I rest easier when my own eyes see to the safety of my flock."

Ex68471

I smile gently at the shepherd. She has always been kind to me, and has never seemed to mind the stench of the tanning vats. I wave amiably at the Holy Father as he approaches and listen to his warning and the girl's statement.

"I may need to leave early too, Father. Some of my leather was destroyed last week as it neared being fully cured, so I would like to get back and move some of it indoors. I have an order that must be filled, and if any more gets shredded that badly, I won't be able to."
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

AncientMaster

"this is no problem my children" I touched both there heads and spoke a few words in the language of the gods. "May my prayers protect you both" try to make it, if you cannot i will understand. I wanved goodbye and headed into the village "oh it starts in a few hours" I called from down the road

Once i had reached the village i said hello to some of the children and the local potter, then met with my apprentice, "come now" i said, lets get started

The Unholy Potato

Near the center of the budding village, a merchant unbarred his window, sticking his head out and glancing around nervously before removing the bolts, locks and large oaken bar which he used to hold the steel-reinforced door closed. He might have seemed paranoid to his neighbors (and rightly so), but the young, slightly pudgy young man had improved massively since his departure from the city of his birth. His gradually shrinking waistline served as a constant reminder of the luxury he had left behind, but it was a welcome change for one so afraid of his fellow men. Here, he knew the business and intentions of all of his neighbors, and that allowed him to operate as a somewhat jumpy and skittish, but otherwise normal person.

GeekFury

The woodsman trudged past the shepereds field he stopped at the fence and lent on it, calling to those in the field. "Oi, any of you need some fire wood while I'm in the forest? Best I know now, I'm not going back in when the sun falls, never liked working in the dark." He leaned on the fence with a pleasent smile on his lips.

The Exiled

Being a shepherd meant being ever wary of predators and ways they would find your sheep. Even now, the shepherd worried that something would follow the woodsman's scent to the village. But she saw no point in being paranoid, and smiled back since he was a friendly villager. "There is no need for wood, but I can stockpile a little more if you are in need of wool for next winter," the young woman offered, clearly one to share the spring clippings she was patiently sheering each day. No one outside of the village ever was given such a good trade, and it stood to reason people approached her in the season of her harvest to get the freshest product.

GeekFury

Noded at the question. "Aye abit extra wool would'nt got a miss, gets cold out in my shack." He took back to his walk to retreave his axe, a mans work was never done here.

Lucius Cornelius

exit from the blacksmith.

Rejoice my fellow townsman !!!! i have finish the weapons. if something happens we will not be helpless.

Valerian

Slowly, the sun sank over the little village, and the residents gathered up their tools and ended the day's work.  Wishing each other good night, the town grew dark and quiet as one by one, the villagers fell asleep.  And if anyone stirred at hearing the distant howls of wolves, no one's rest was seriously disturbed.

But the next day brought a shock.  A farmer, a quiet young man by the name of William, who lived on the edge of town, was found dead, torn to pieces as though by an animal -- and an animal of exceptional strength and viciousness. The rumors flew through the town, everyone whispering that the stories must be true, that werewolves must haunt these fields and woods.  Now the villagers would have to act, to defend themselves, and try to keep themselves safe for another night.

• Albedo
  • AncientMaster
  • Ex68471
  • The Exiled
  • GeekFury
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Maric
  • The Unholy Potato
  • VictoriaVale
  • Watari

There are 6 Villagers, 1 Guardian, 1 Seer, and 2 Werewolves.

[[Note: Now everyone needs to vote for someone to lynch.  After that vote is decided, the chosen player's role will be revealed and we'll move on the first true night phase of the game, when the guardian and seer can choose who to guard or spy upon; and the wolves can select their own target.  I usually use an NPC for the first victim, to let everyone get the chance to play a little longer, so this isn't quite the usual way of starting.  After this, though, it will be the standard day/night cycle.

For this first vote, most of you will have almost nothing to go on, with only the two wolves knowing who their ally is, so this first choice is always pretty random.  Please copy me into any PM conversations you might have, and remember -- be very careful as to who you decide to trust.  The game is afoot!]]
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE