Circle of Shadows- Sandobx/Action, Mild Horror (LGBT friendly!)

Started by Roen, October 16, 2014, 06:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

lol...You've not seen anything yet! I PM'd Roen the sheet I made up and if it's liked then I'll post it. If it needs to be tweaked I'll do that first before everyone gets to see her. She'll be an excellent secretary though! :D

Caehlim

My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Roen

Hey, guys. Happy to see some of you are already working your ideas into the sheets.

What I've seen so far seems great!
I've messed up, though >_>
I've left three important sections out of the CS format, so here they are-

[b][u]Role:[/u][/b] *What role do you envision for your character to take in the company/the operational squad? Keep in mind, The Company might have different plans for your character*
[b][u]Recruitment Status:[/u][/b] Recruited/Yet to be recruited. *If you want to play out your recruitment process, mark the 'yet to be recruitment' one. Doing so would mean that you (and I) will have to think of a reason to make a mini-plot out of your character's recruitment process. Also, bear in mind that it would mean a bit of a waiting time before your character can get into the thick of things.*
[b][u]Employment History:[/u][/b] *No need for a list of previous jobs, but if your character has been recruited- how did it come to the employment of The Company?*

Also, I think I might have inadvertently bullied you about the power levels of your characters ._.
I do want you to steer away from the epic, but don't fear giving your monsters unique powers and attributes. I mean, that's why they've been sought out and recruited. This game is loosely based off on Penny Dreadful and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, so about that level of power and monstrosity (maybe even more so) is acceptable. The enemies are eventually going to be pretty powerful, so to make the plot more interesting and the missions more complicated, but it also means that The Company is looking for agents with exceptional abilities. Think Marvel, Joss Whedon (Buffy, unless you hated it, in which case- don't think Buffy >_>) level of monsters.

Also, I'm about to post the GM characters' sheets. If you feel that you'd like to change your sheets for sake of diversity or simply just for fun, you're more than welcome to. 

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

bubby

Rooeeennn!!

DAMMIT MAN! First, awesome that you got the concept going, and already have pickers! WOO! Second... I WANT IN!!... but my brain is currently all wrapped up in trying out my own Group...

SO... when mine fails, I'll jump on this bandwagon!

Roen

Quote from: bubby on October 17, 2014, 03:02:55 AM
Rooeeennn!!
DAMMIT MAN! First, awesome that you got the concept going, and already have pickers! WOO! Second... I WANT IN!!... but my brain is currently all wrapped up in trying out my own Group...
SO... when mine fails, I'll jump on this bandwagon!

GAWD, Bubbs! Stop messing with my head!
Now I don't know whether to wish you luck or not XD

-Nathan Alterman.

bubby

Quote from: Roen on October 17, 2014, 03:11:25 AM
GAWD, Bubbs! Stop messing with my head!
Now I don't know whether to wish you luck or not XD

LOL! *Smooch* Silly. ;)

wander

I am sadly intimidated by things now... :( I really don't know where to start and I don't have much inspiration to think to the level of including an employment history for a character...

Roen

Employment history is simply stating how your character came to join The Company, Wander.

-Nathan Alterman.

Caehlim

Quote from: Blinkin on October 17, 2014, 05:16:32 AM
It looks like I may be doing some re-editing of my concept... Judas is a little too close for comfort and took that Historian job I mentioned early in the thread.

Back to the drawing board.

I'm sorry, I got your and wander's post mixed up and thought you'd changed your concept. Now that I look back over the thread I can see I was mistaken. I didn't mean to fill a role you were looking at taking.

Quote from: Roen on October 17, 2014, 02:53:53 AM
I've left three important sections out of the CS format, so here they are-

Okay, I've edited them into my sheet.

Quote from: Roen on October 17, 2014, 02:53:53 AMAlso, I think I might have inadvertently bullied you about the power levels of your characters ._.

Hmmm, I was worried I'd gone a little overboard in power level honestly, what with immortality and a long life of experience. How does he look in terms of power level?
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

wander

Okay... Ah, I must be making the worst impression! xD

I'm going to see what pics I can find this evening and hopefully sort out a character sheet tonight maybe :) I have a rough idea of where I can go, just need to put all the pieces together into a whole :)

Caela

Roen, I'll edit those into my sheet but think I actually manged to cover most of it anyway. Will just separate that stuff out and five it it's own sections.   

Roen

Quote from: Caehlim on October 17, 2014, 05:26:03 AM
Hmmm, I was worried I'd gone a little overboard in power level honestly, what with immortality and a long life of experience. How does he look in terms of power level?
First of all, happy to see you here!  :)
Also, the power levels seem decent enough.

Quote from: Caela on October 17, 2014, 07:14:57 AM
Roen, I'll edit those into my sheet but think I actually manged to cover most of it anyway. Will just separate that stuff out and five it it's own sections.   
Alrighty. From what I've read, she seems lovely!

GM UPDATE:

I've added added a "GM Characters" section to the opening post!
Already added Dorian's CS, feel free to browse.
Upcoming- William, Mikkael and Dylan.

-Nathan Alterman.

Caela

Name: Lorelai Alexia Thorne-Thompson
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Type: N/A
Origin: N/A
Role: Secretary || Dorian's Personal Assistant
Recruitment Status: Recruited

Notable Abilities/Skills: Being human, Alexia's notable skill is her mind. She has a photographic memory, remembering everything she hears, sees, smells, feels, with perfect clarity. Along with this "gift" also came the ability to see connections, to find correlations and see consequences so many steps down the line that it would border on precognition...if she believed in such a thing.

Working for the Company this has some very practical applications; she never forgets an appointment she's scheduled, she never forgets where a report is filed, or what was in it if the physical copy needs to be destroyed. She can also sit in, quietly, on a meeting and look as if she's taking notes, and then repeat back, verbatim, not just what everyone said, but every suspicious, or telling, glance that passed between the players as well.

Notable Equipment: N/A unless power suits are notable.

Appearance: At work, Alexia is all business, tailored suits, hair neat and tidy, minimal make-up, without making herself look like a nun. She is well aware of her looks and knows how to look professional but still play to her physical assets as well. Outside of work she is more relaxed and "let's her hair down" both literally and metaphorically. Her clothing becomes more casual but is still tailored and still plays up her figure without being trashy.

Sexuality: Heterosexual
On/Off: Ons: Alexia enjoys a bit of S/M with her sex but only in the bedroom. She's a light masochist and enjoys some bondage, a bit of pain to spice her pleasure, and power play.

**Outside the bedroom however, she considers herself the equal of anyone she encounters and won't stand for being treated as less.

Offs: Bathroom play, bestiality, maiming, underage

Personality: Often caught up in her own mind, Alexia can come off as cold or indifferent on a first (or seventh) meeting. If a person takes the time to crack through the brainiac shell, however, and learn how to pull her out of her own thoughts, they will find a sensual, kind, loyal, passionate woman with a love of books, music, dancing, good food, movies, almost anything that can get her out of her head for awhile.

Background: Born Lorelai Alexia Thorne-Thompson, she quickly got used to going by her middle name when she started school. Lorelai, though she found it pretty, did nothing but get her teased, and with her already odd (even at a young age) demeanor, and ability to breeze through even the most difficult of subjects, the last thing she needed was to give cruel children any more ammunition for teasing her. Luckily for her, one of her teachers recognized just how gifted the young Alexia was and knew of a special school for children like her, prodigies of various stripes and interests. It would have been expensive under normal circumstances, but with her test scores, and her (single) mother's lack of resources, she qualified for both an a scholarship that covered her tuition as well as room and board.

Being sent to a boarding school, away from her family, didn't really thrill her initially but once there, in a place that nurtured her, among other children with their own mental talents (though none quite like hers) and interests, she had to admit, that it was probably the best idea her mother had ever agreed to. She'd never have been able to get the proper support and education she needed from the public school system and would, most likely, have fallen through the cracks.

Employment History: Alexia hasn't worked anywhere but for the Company. She hasn't bothered to dig deep enough into personnel files to determine just when her particular gift brought her to their attention, it doesn't really bother her. After her graduation two agents showed up and made her a job offer she couldn't refuse. For her wasn't the promise of money (which sounded formidable to a freshly graduated young woman) but the promise that she would never be bored that clinched her saying yes in barely a heartbeat. She's been with them since and will admit that those agents weren't wrong...she's never had reason to complain of boredom.

Merits:

• Generosity - Most people don't realize just how generous Alexia is, but a portion of her pay goes back to the school that educated, and another goes to her Mother. She also helps people in need when she thinks no one will find out it was her doing.
  • Integrity - You won't find someone more honest than Alexia...of course it's mostly because she doesn't usually see the point in lying more than from any inborn altruism.
Shortcomings:

• Temper - Alexia becomes easily frustrate, or angry, when others don't listen to the cool logic and reason that she offers.
  • Overly Intellectual - With a mind like hers, it's easy to get lost in her own thoughts and miss out on actually living her life.

Hobbies: Alexia loves being physical, it reminds her to get out of her head. Running, rock climbing, horseback riding, dancing, swimming, tennis; you name it, she's willing to try it!

Face Claim: Scarlett Johansson
How did YOU Find Us? The Group Roleplays Wanted board on E.

wander

Love it Caela, hope you don't mind character doing a bit of flirting to yours when I make him up :)

I like your character sheet, as soon as I'm caught up, I'll do a bit of work in progress myself.

Caela

Wander, he'll have to get her out of her head to get her to notice she's being flirted with, but flirting is fine. :D

wander

Heh, should be fun :)

Just catching up, then I'll post up a pic I find. Around that post I'll edit when I find time until there's a full character sheet there :)

Roen

GM UPDATE:

All of the GM characters' sheets are now available for browsing under the "GM Characters" section!

-Nathan Alterman.

Lockepick

Does this mean the Hacker/Tech Guy slot is no longer available for a PC character?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

wander

Johnny Pilgrim

Name: Johnny Pilgrim
Sex: Male, identifies as such.
Race: Possessed Human
Type: A death-spirit, one who tears anchors to the living world away for people to pass on.
Origin: Bleach, Geist, Jacob's Ladder
Notable Abilities/Skills:

• The spirit keeps Johnny conscious all the time, he cannot be knocked out. He does feel pain though and can essentially be knocked down hard enough that he can't move, though he will still be awake... This isn't really a good thing for someone who'd perhaps want to be KO'd to avoid the pain.
  • If Johnny is killed, the spirit within will resurrect him the next sunrise/set, shunting the death energy to someone else who will die instead. He has no control of this and sees the death from that person's POV as he wakes, which is emotionally destabilising for him
  • Using his Death Mask Johnny can see and speak to all ghosts, even those not manifested and visible to others. He has been noted of 'talking to thin air' more than once.
  • Johnny can use his blood to raise the dead, though Johnny must sacrifice whilst the person is arisen what he wishes to allow them to have once up, for example full and unimpeded movement like a normal person leaves him paralysed whilst he is keeping the person risen. The Risen must have a ghost: IE: They still have unfinished business to attend to. Risen will come back as zombies, shallow shells of who they were etc. unless Johnny donates part of his bodie's capacity to them.
  • Johnny's Death Mask; Upon donning his Mask, Johnny can see imminent deaths of non-humans as a timer above their head, it's accurate to the second though it goes no higher than hours, so is near useless for someone with months or years left of life as Johnny can't be bothered to do the math. Also directly looking at the timer can cause Fate to be effected in strange ways, so Johnny tries not to see such things upon donning his Mask. Also, places where people have died will feel cold to him and he will see what killed someone upon looking at their body.
Notable Equipment:

• Death Mask (A ceramic day of the dead styled skull mask, source of certain powers: see above)
  • Holy Water
  • Salt
Role: Representative of the dead, Necromancer (keeping people in the company! Not even death will free you!), Forensics, Mortician.
Recruitment Status: Yet to be recruited.
Employment History: N/A
Appearance: Johnny tends to wear clothing with black hoods, otherwise he seems to be just a regular guy until his powers manifest.
Sexuality: Bi, errs to feminine appearances, top and light dom at times.
On/Off: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215355.0
Personality:
Johnny is a guy who is quite outgoing and tries to be friendly, being essentially a 'perky goth'. Some may say his interest in death is somewhat morbid (it can be on occasion), though he'd like to think more he finds life in higher regard, drinking and being merry for tomorrow he too could be gone (something he tends to dwell on in his worst moments...). He knows to be a ghost is a somewhat tormented existance and he does his best to let ghosts pass on or otherwise get involved when the worlds of the living and the dead collide. He is somewhat flirtacious in nature in a rather innocent seeming way and his confidence flickers on and off as his psyche is a mix of his old self and the death-spirit that dwells within him now.
Background:
Johnny could always sense in his peripheral vision that there was some other type of world out there, some kind of spiritual thing. Whilst he could never directly see the ghosts that would crowd around him, he could sense them in a manner. Every person holds within them a type of essence that governs how connected their spirit is to the world around them and it varies from person to person, so it should be no surprise that Johnny's measure is a bit off... He was born with a link to the world of the dead. Perhaps his mother was attacked by a ghost when she was pregnant with him, maybe his father was possessed when he was concieved, maybe both... Either way, he was born with a connection to ghosts.

Outside of this Johnny had a pretty normal life until one day he got into a fatal accident and he found himself on death's door. When it was his time to pass on or sink into the Underworld however, he came face to face with something that could only be described as a 'Grim Reaper'. The spirit offered Johnny a deal, instead of dying, he could come back to life and let the death-spirit come with him, to balance the world of the living of the influx of ghosts Johnny's strange inner essence had created along with helping those they found to pass on. Accepting, Johnny bonded to the death-spirit, essentially becoming an Agent of Death. He is currently travelling cross-country and making ghosts pass on, the removal of their influences from places having various effects on the landscape around him.

Merits:

• Hopeful: Strangely enough Johnny is a hopeful person... Whenever life gets the worst of us, whilst he may get down too, he tends to hope something good will happen eventually or a small part of him believes something good has to happen or the end won't be as bad as people think...
  • Charming: Johnny will spend time with anyone and give anyone a chance 99% of the time. He links to find bonds with people, something ironic considering the type of thing he does (break other's strong bonds to things), perhaps he just likes people and he does his job for their benefit. Perhaps he is wanting to be the only person close to him fettered by his bonds, therefore eating other people's sins for them...
Shortcomings:

• Damaged Goods: Johnny isn't particularly mentally unstable, but something has clearly affected him to the state where his viewpoint of things isn't exactly healthy. He can be quite morbid and downtrodden in his manners. He tends to put a bit of a front on and he has his talents he tries to find escapism in, but even the most forgiving people can say whilst he's a perky goth boy, he can come across occasionally as quite... emo.
  • Sickly: It only makes sense for one holding a spirit of death inside their soul that they seem to be on death's door almost constantly. Johnny is not at peak physical condition and you can see it looking at him, he is skinny, struggles with physical tasks and seems generally not well. His movements can seem strained and also marionette like, as if something else is occasionally jerking his corpse of a body around...
Hobbies: Drinking, drawing, photography, playing guitar, skateboarding, going on walks and exploring new places.
Face Claim: Unknown, sorry :(
How did YOU Find Us? First heard about the game as it was in planning with mentions in the SB, came into this forum and spotted it, so poked my head in to see all the hub-bub :)

Roen

Quote from: lockepick on October 17, 2014, 04:14:30 PM
Does this mean the Hacker/Tech Guy slot is no longer available for a PC character?
Not at all, I'd much rather the tech-guy slot taken by a PC.
I'm going to leave the GM character up there for the meanwhile, once your tech guy is approved, I'll take mine down or change it into something else.

PC characters come first, unless it's a crucial slot, like the boss.

-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

GM UPDATE:

FANTASTIC NEWS, everyone! Caela has so kindly agreed to take her place as a co-GM for CoS!

I honestly couldn't be more thrilled.

From here on out, Caela is your GM as well, for all intents and purposes.
Which means, among other things, that if you make a PM to the GM, you'll be sending it to the both of us.

Rejoice! For our game has now become twice as awesome!
- We might even be able to accept more players now.

-Nathan Alterman.

Lockepick

For the record: I'm giving up on making a Tech Guy... I am instead working on a shadow-based Breaking and Entering specialist.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Caela

Quote from: lockepick on October 17, 2014, 06:47:43 PM
For the record: I'm giving up on making a Tech Guy... I am instead working on a shadow-based Breaking and Entering specialist.

I'm sorry you gave up on the Tech Guy concept, but the new one sounds interesting. :)

wander

I've done a chunk of my character sheet on p.2 of the thread, I could sure do with some opinions to see if they're okay... I've mainly worked on their supernatural template, their actual personality I've yet to fill in. They also own a mask that will add some powers when they wear it... I'm still fiddling round, but the main concept is of a person that breaks ghost's connections to the living world. To those who want to go, they're angelic, to those who cling hard and don't want their bonds removed, they can be like a demon...

Roen

Quote from: wander on October 18, 2014, 11:20:44 AM
I've done a chunk of my character sheet on p.2 of the thread, I could sure do with some opinions to see if they're okay... I've mainly worked on their supernatural template, their actual personality I've yet to fill in. They also own a mask that will add some powers when they wear it... I'm still fiddling round, but the main concept is of a person that breaks ghost's connections to the living world. To those who want to go, they're angelic, to those who cling hard and don't want their bonds removed, they can be like a demon...
Seems exciting, a shinigami to boot and he has a creepy mask as well! I'm curious to see what kinds of weaknesses you're going to come up with to balance those abilities down. ;)

-Nathan Alterman.