Thundercats 2011 Trailer.

Started by Wolfy, July 04, 2011, 10:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayushi

I doubt I'll watch.

I've honestly been disappointed with every 80s cartoon remake except Transformers.

For example: GI Joe. Ugh, that was just bad.

Just have to see when they'll screw up Voltron, now. We all know it's coming.

Kunoichi

The GI Joe movie, or the new cartoon series that's on The Hub?  I agree that the movie was just awful, but I haven't seen the new cartoon series, so I don't know whether or not it is.

And Transformers has continuously had new series coming out for quite a while, so I don't really think it's had any sort of recent 'remake'...

Bayushi

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 16, 2011, 10:29:58 PMAnd Transformers has continuously had new series coming out for quite a while, so I don't really think it's had any sort of recent 'remake'...

I'm talking "Gen 1" transformers, the originals as seen in the US in the 80s.

I never did watch Beast Wars or the other TV series. I'm mostly referring to the feature films. Which reminds me, I need to scare up some money to go see the new movie.

Kunoichi

Yeah, but again, I'm not really sure the Bay movies count as a 'remake'. ^^; They're just another new series, albeit one on the big screen, rather than on your TV.  If anything, the new Transformers: Prime cartoon is probably the remake, what with Hasbro having it made because they wanted a 'prime' Transformers continuity that all the rest could be considered alternate universes of.

Ah, and another 80s cartoon that got a pretty good remake recently: My Little Pony.  That one's pretty awesome...

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 16, 2011, 10:58:28 PM
Yeah, but again, I'm not really sure the Bay movies count as a 'remake'. ^^; They're just another new series, albeit one on the big screen, rather than on your TV.  If anything, the new Transformers: Prime cartoon is probably the remake, what with Hasbro having it made because they wanted a 'prime' Transformers continuity that all the rest could be considered alternate universes of.

Ah, and another 80s cartoon that got a pretty good remake recently: My Little Pony.  That one's pretty awesome...

Wait wait wait wait....Transformers: Prime is the main universe, while everything that's come before it are the spin-offs/Alternate universes?

....That makes no damn sense and you know it. @_@

G1 is the main universe, damn it! D:

Kunoichi

xD I'm only repeating what I've read.  I make absolutely no claims as to its factual accuracy.  Though, I probably should have already mentioned that in a disclaimer...

Shjade

For the record, Beast Wars was awesome.

That is all.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Kunoichi

Oh, absolutely. ^^

Beast Machines, on the other hand... >>;

Hideyori

Hey, now. Beast Machines was alright. At least it wasn't...y'know. Robots In Disguise. Or Cybertron.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mob say. Doesn't matter if the /whole country/ decides that something wrong, is something right. This nation was founded under one principle above all others - The requirement that we stand up for what we believe in, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the /whole world/ tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world, "No. /You/ move."

NotoriusBEN

yea... "in disguise" and "cybertron"... yea we dont talk about those.

How about "Animated"? The one with Isaac and Sari Sumdac and Capt. Fanzone? It was on CN a while ago.
I thought it was kinda cool and the 3 season run was short and sweet. Still a few loopholes to tie-up, but for the most part, pretty good.
I thought it was an interesting take on Optimus, being more of a rookie this time around compared to others as the knowing and fatherly commander.

Kunoichi

Yeah, and then there's the Japanese dub of Animated, which we also don't talk about... :P

But yeah, I really enjoyed Animated, myself. ^^ I kinda wish it hadn't ended so soon, but I guess Hasbro already had their own plans in the works during that third season...

Jag

The TMNT remake series in 2003 was good. Better than the original and a heck of a lot better than the live-action series. At least it was better till they did the whole 'Fast Forward' thing. Though looking at the voice cast for the 2012 reboot for TMNT has me losing hope in it.

Even though Batman Beyond is more of a continuity than a remake, I thought that was really good too.

Reboots aren't always bad...more so when the original material is kind of corny. I'm watching the original show for Thundercats right now, and honestly, it's not like they could do much worse with it.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Hideyori

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on July 17, 2011, 04:27:17 AM
yea... "in disguise" and "cybertron"... yea we dont talk about those.

How about "Animated"? The one with Isaac and Sari Sumdac and Capt. Fanzone? It was on CN a while ago.
I thought it was kinda cool and the 3 season run was short and sweet. Still a few loopholes to tie-up, but for the most part, pretty good.
I thought it was an interesting take on Optimus, being more of a rookie this time around compared to others as the knowing and fatherly commander.

I enjoyed the hell out of Animated. The designs weren't too out there, and the way they referenced/homaged previous Transformers canon (The Starscream clones being colored like other Seekers, use of G1 stock footage as "archival film", etc.) was done exceptionally well.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mob say. Doesn't matter if the /whole country/ decides that something wrong, is something right. This nation was founded under one principle above all others - The requirement that we stand up for what we believe in, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the /whole world/ tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world, "No. /You/ move."

Oniya

Did anyone else think that Spike needed to be kept on a freakin' leash?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Quote from: Michi No Sora on July 17, 2011, 07:48:13 AM
The TMNT remake series in 2003 was good. Better than the original and a heck of a lot better than the live-action series. At least it was better till they did the whole 'Fast Forward' thing. Though looking at the voice cast for the 2012 reboot for TMNT has me losing hope in it.

Even though Batman Beyond is more of a continuity than a remake, I thought that was really good too.

Reboots aren't always bad...more so when the original material is kind of corny. I'm watching the original show for Thundercats right now, and honestly, it's not like they could do much worse with it.

Batman Beyond is a continuity, not a remake.

I think it's even had it's own canon comic book lines and everything.

You can even see a trace of it and Static Shock when watching Justice League Unlimited. ;D

Hideyori

Quote from: Wolfy on July 17, 2011, 09:34:28 PM
Batman Beyond is a continuity, not a remake.

I think it's even had it's own canon comic book lines and everything.

You can even see a trace of it and Static Shock when watching Justice League Unlimited. ;D
It did have its own comic series tied into the show, and as such, the DCAU as a whole. It seemed to me that Beyond got more exposure to the wider DCAU than Static Shock did.

Sabby

I remember that episode... Superman was stranded in the future, right? Where Bats was old, some skinny kid was his replacement, and a black guy with dreads flew around on a hoverboard because lighting can do that.

Kunoichi

Nah, your memory just smushed together the plots of two separate episodes, Sabby. ^^; The one with Batman Beyond and Static in it involved present-day Batman and Green Lantern ending up in the future after they chased a time thief there.

And it was more electromagnetism in general, rather than just lightning...

Oniya

That was the story arc where they met up with Jonah Hex, wasn't it?

The 'hoverboard' was actually supposed to be something like a sheet of Mylar that could be given a charge to repel it from the ground like a mag-lev train.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hideyori

Quote from: Oniya on July 18, 2011, 12:35:16 AM
That was the story arc where they met up with Jonah Hex, wasn't it?
That, it was. It was part one of a two-parter. Because time travel.

Kunoichi

Oh yeah, that's right...  First they went back to the old west, and then they went to the future.

And at one point, John Stewart got replaced by Hal Jordan because history was changed...

NotoriusBEN

Oh yea! and Static was like, " Will you make up your mind who you are?!"

Sabby

Super powers annoy me lately xD thank you Infamous 2. Channeling electricity can totally throw things not made of metal and create propulsion.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on July 18, 2011, 06:11:15 AM
Super powers annoy me lately xD thank you Infamous 2. Channeling electricity can totally throw things not made of metal and create propulsion.

Oh you...Static can control electricity, ergo, by extension he can control magnetism.

It's the same way that Magneto flies.

Hideyori

Quote from: Wolfy on July 18, 2011, 08:39:41 AM
Oh you...Static can control electricity, ergo, by extension he can control magnetism.

It's the same way that Magneto flies.
Which is still ten times less ridiculous than Magneto occasionally having telepathy.