Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

So, singing flower-people.

Well, I'm interested. ^^

Jag

Snark is just so freaking adorable.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Kunoichi

*missed the first three minutes of the episode, and thus whatever Snarf antics may have happened*

o.o Panthro!

NotoriusBEN

im suprised lion-o and crew asked who he was at the end.
panthro was mentioned as a family friend in the first episode >.>?
Even with the mumra mix-up, id remember who stabbed dad in the back.

Kunoichi

To be fair, it was pretty dark at the time.  The probably didn't see enough to identify him, and didn't put it together from seeing him fight with those nunchucks because they thought he was dead.

Anyone else guessing next week's episode is going to involve trust issues between Panthro and the rest of the group?

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

NotoriusBEN

I think I have the plot frame for TC now...

Lion-o is brash in the first 15minutes, is shown the error of his ways in 5minutes, and learns a life lesson and defeated the baddy of the week in the last 10.

Still fun to watch, just a little... formulaic... that the show has followed the same framework for the 4 episodes to date >.>;;

Kunoichi

Eh.  It's still being more subtle about it than the original version, at least. ^^; Also, in this particular episode, Lion-O didn't so much learn a lesson as prove himself in Panthro's eyes (eye?).

The inside look at Mumm-ra's lair was pretty cool, though.  Interesting take on his sarcophagus.

Wolfy

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on August 19, 2011, 10:59:43 PM
I think I have the plot frame for TC now...

Lion-o is brash in the first 15minutes, is shown the error of his ways in 5minutes, and learns a life lesson and defeated the baddy of the week in the last 10.

Still fun to watch, just a little... formulaic... that the show has followed the same framework for the 4 episodes to date >.>;;

Wasn't it the same in the original?

Kunoichi

One theory I've heard being thrown around elsewhere is that there are only eight episodes this season, and as a result, the writing team is having to try and jam in as much as possible in the 30 minutes they have each episode.

If that's true, I honestly think they're doing a pretty good job of it...

Jag

Finally sitting down to watch last week's episode. I liked the look into Mumm-Ra's new lair. So much better than just a run down pyramid with dust and cobwebs everywhere. Though it does have me wondering about Mumm-Ra's origin. That pyramid is pretty high tech, even though it's nearly empty. I like his new sarcophagus too. It seems more like a high tech prison capsule than a resting place.

Kunoichi

Interestingly, the theories I've heard suggest that that's exactly what it is, and that the original Thundercats imprisoned him there at some point after the end of the series.

Jag

So...anyone else foresee a future fight between Lion-O and Tygra about Cheetara?

Also, good to know, somewhat, the origins of the Sword/Book and Mumm-Ra.

Chris Brady

Episode 7 was neat.  They changed the backstory A LOT.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Slaven

So, i remember the original version of this show and adored it. I'm a bit apprehensive to try the new and improved version. Is it as bad as most remakes or worth a gander?
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Jag

Chris Brady

All I can say is:  Keep an open mind.  It's definitely more mature than the original.

I like it though.

TheAnimeFanGirl

The show is pretty awesome. Tygra is sexy. I want to see more of him.
Cid the Lilty ♥ Viraveth the Selkie

(PM me if you'd like to rp with me in instant messengers)

Characters I'd like others to rp as

Sensual Animation, my forum dedicated to the sensual side of animation. Feel free to join.