100 Days Of Happiness

Started by Rhedyn, April 27, 2014, 01:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

My plans for today went awry for several reasons but as it happens it turned out for the best.
This is a sneak peak at what I found in the charity shop today... but shhhh... don't tell anyone! It's top secret!  ;)

Rhedyn

I spend a lot of time worrying about what might happen, it's a habit I have been working on breaking but I still have days where it happens. Today has been like that but then I remembered that for every 'bad' thing that has happened in my life a lot of good has come out of it.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Rhedyn on May 21, 2014, 07:12:10 AM
You should definitely post that in the "words of wisdom" thread in the Games/Socalizing board. It's a very nice quote to keep in mind.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Rhedyn

Noted! I'll see if I can find the thread.

Cassandra LeMay

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Rhedyn

No worries, I found it anyway but thanks for returning with the link  ;)

Rhedyn

Why the picture of an old wall? You may be wondering.
Well it got me thinking about life in general today... a dangerous thing, I know.
Seeing this old wall in a park near my house made me think about all the things I feel are missing in my life and how I pine for them at times. Like the wall it can feel like things are crumbling, stones fall and chip away just as we lose things in the course of our life. It feels like we have big holes when things, people, relationships and opportunities move out of our lives but the structure remains. It's still strong enough to stand and given time and effort can be repaired.
I thought this was fitting given my mood this week, that no matter what comes and goes in my life I am strong enough to deal with it and, in time, see the beauty that is left behind.

Cassandra LeMay

When I look at this wall I see something beautiful. I see ledges where lizards can sunbath, I see spaces between rocks where bumblebees might find a place to nest, and I see a surfaces plants can cling to so they can grow.

I also see something beautiful not despite the unevenness and the holes, but because of them. This wall could be fixed. The gaps could be closed, the surface smoothed and plastered over, but then it would no longer have any character. As it is, this wall has it - character.

And holes can never exist on by themselves. They are always holes in something. And that means they are always surrounded by something better one can look at.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Blythe

Just wanted to comment, since I've been perusing this blog and trying to catch up on it. ^^ I finally got here to page 3, and I must say that I really like the idea behind this blog. I also love the pictures...but in particular, the picture of your rutilated quartz, Rhedyn, was really gorgeous and made me feel pretty uplifted. Gotta love quartz.  8-)

Rhedyn

Thanks Blythe! I'm happy you're enjoying it! Quartz is awesome, that's the first piece of rutilated quartz I've acquired but I love it. I'm a bit of a crystal fiend, I've been collecting them and using them since I was a child  ;D

Rhedyn

I'm a day behind, this is yesterday's happiness.
I decided to revisit my minecraft world after a rather long break. Before leaving I had begun expanding on the tiny, two building NPC village I found, building more houses and a little garden for them to roam in after being fenced in between the two buildings to protect them from zombies.
After finishing the buildings I started ages ago the villagers started having babies!
This is Paddy Wack, the first born...unfortunately he died, I think he fell down the well so I had to cover it in glass, but he was the first of many new villagers that started spawning.

Rhedyn

Yesterday I woke up to see all of the rose bushes in my garden in bloom.
They all seem to open at the same time over the whole garden, it's such a pretty explosion of colour!

Rhedyn

Strawberry update! We picked our first four strawberries from our garden plants today!
The kidlets scoffed them and I didn't even get a bite but it was great to see them so thrilled and excited about something they had helped to grow.

Rhedyn

This is a strange one but I was taking photographs of some bead work I have been doing on black velvet and one of the photographs was out of focus. I thought it looked really pretty... happy mistakes make me smile.

jouzinka

It looks really artsy. :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Rhedyn

It does, doesn't it? It made me think of those out of focus pictures of lights.

Rhedyn

I don't have a picture to share for this one, mainly because my happiness centered around having a visitor for the day. Although it was fairly short noticed and a somewhat unexpected over night stay it was nice to have some adult company for once.

Oniya

Quote from: Rhedyn on May 24, 2014, 02:14:30 PM

I'm a day behind, this is yesterday's happiness.
I decided to revisit my minecraft world after a rather long break. Before leaving I had begun expanding on the tiny, two building NPC village I found, building more houses and a little garden for them to roam in after being fenced in between the two buildings to protect them from zombies.
After finishing the buildings I started ages ago the villagers started having babies!
This is Paddy Wack, the first born...unfortunately he died, I think he fell down the well so I had to cover it in glass, but he was the first of many new villagers that started spawning.

I love that texture pack!  Do yours make the Jawa noises?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Rhedyn

It's definitely my favourite texture pack! Mine just make the regular villager noises, though the baby villagers are higher pitched. The Jawa noises would drive me crazy!

Rhedyn

After the hustle and bustle of having a house guest Tuesday, yesterday I managed to get out for a walk without the kidlets while my mum was visiting. The weather wasn't great but I got a takeaway coffee, read the last chapter of the book I've been reading, met a rather excitable German Shepherd pup and got to admire the view.

Rhedyn

I walked a different route from usual today and came across this public art installation entitled Everywhere Means Something To Someone - The War Memorial. The poppies are crocheted and strung over all of the black fences along this road which winds down the cliff towards the harbour.

Rhedyn

I had an evening chilling and playing Minecraft last night.
I finally finished the structure of my new house where I can overlook the NPC village I'm expanding  ;D

Rhedyn

That would be the Sphax PureBDCraft texture pack   :-)