Seeking to stretch my wings with detailed story telling

Started by Aragem, July 08, 2010, 01:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

I want to sink my teeth into a story telling venture.  Not really a game, but a story told between two people with a story that leans away from mindless smut to a more emotional tale.  What sort of story am I talking about, I have a few scenarios which I will list below, but I am willing to discuss a possible story we can both share.

The settings I would like to do are either modern or science fiction.  I prefer not to do fantasy because that just creates a huge vacuum of possibilities and I am not as familiar with it as I would like to be.  I am leaning toward romance, not a teen romance where boy meets girl, but a romance story between two adults who eventually come to care for each other trials and tribulations.  It's very possible that an obstacle could come between them and that is also open for discussion.

Another hungering I have is intrigue or mystery.  Trying to seek the truth below layers of lies and misconception laid down by a corrupt organization or government that would do anything to anyone to keep those secrets hidden.

Now I also have a character in mind for the story that I would like to portray.

(((Kristen Kruek)))

Lynn Sheridan

Height/weight:  5ft 3 and 110 wt.

Hair:  Brown with light streaks

Eyes:  Dark

Personality:  Mature, slow to anger, quiet.  Not shy, but does keep to herself in a crowd. 

Sexuality:  Enjoys sex and willing to experiment, however just because she enjoys sex doesn't mean she'll spread her legs for anyone. 

Scenarios or storytelling plot ideas.  (((Open to discussion, not set in stone)))

1.  A plague is spreading across many planets in an intergalactic alliance, a possible biological attack from an enemy system.  The cure might be in the veins of Lynn Sheridan, an unknowing human woman who finds herself caught up in a desperate race for survival.

2.  Lynn Sheridan was just a normal woman working as a secretary for a doctor's office until receiving a scratchy phonecall from a sister she hadn't seen in ten years pleading with her to save her in New York.  As Lynn searches for her sister in the seedy streets of the city, she discovers that her sister had delved into the dark world of domination and submission.  And that is a word that Lynn must dive into in order to discover the truth.

If you are interested at all, please PM me.  As a reminder, I want strong writers.  I'm not asking for the next Stephen King, but if I find that you are a weak writer, I will not want you to participate.  Thank you.