A Drow Woman.....(m/f)

Started by Chreestafer, July 03, 2010, 03:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chreestafer

Im looking to do a fantasy style rp and hoping to find a lady to play a female drow anyone interested?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Sapphic Addict

Het isn't my first cup of tea, but I LOVE playing Drow. Tell me more?

Chreestafer

Well i had the idea of doing a medieval style fantasy where my character is a sky pirate (with a true fear of hieghts, ill explain later lol) and your a femal drow who is quiet evil and proccedds to run away and board the same sky ship that i decide to take.  which places us both under the eye of the law.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Sapphic Addict

Sky pirates. Awesome!  :D

But, why would a pretty evil Drow want to run away? Drow society in most settings is pretty vicious and unforgiving, especially to those that aren't as vicious as everyone else. Maybe this drow is still evil in many ways, but doesn't quite 'click' in the normal traditions of subtle poisonings, assassinations and torture? Her evil could well be a "It's what I do to survive, but now I'm out, I still want to be in charge, but now I don't need to cut people's throats when they piss me off" kind of deal.

Drow can be incredibly hard to pin down on motivation when they aren't in their home environment, so there would have to be a good reason for her to leave the Underdark (or whatever other setting would work in a world with Sky Pirates).

I'm still very interested though.  :-)

Chreestafer

well have you ever heard the story of Drizzt? the Nuetral Good Drow? he was raised in the underdark but never click with the evil all together so he stole a relic from the hiarchey and took off for the upper world.  its an actual book series called The Icewind dale trilogy by R.A. Slavator he actually has quite a few based on this drow that isnt evil.  so you dont always have to be evil if your a certain race lol my character is going to have a unique background that has him both good and evil
Ons and Offs
F-List

Sapphic Addict

Drizzt. The bane of D&D players everywhere. "Look, it's a cuddly Drow!"

*shoots Salvator*

I hate D&D alignments. There's never one that really, truthfully FITS. I mean, how would you describe an American G.I. that faithfully protects his fellow soldiers, divides his rations with the homeless kids in the street, but will also beat a known Taliban bomber to a pulp in order to find out the location of his fellow IED builders? CG? LE? Pallladium has better 'alignment' values, but they're still restrictive.

Aaaaanyway.

Hmm. If anything, I think a Drow might be fleeing from responsibility. Perhaps she was expected to undergo an arranged marriage in order to link two bloodlines and perhaps prevent some kind of inter-house conflict. That could work.

Obviously we're steering wide of the mark as far as Drow are concerned in some ways. I have a pic that I like as a potential 'image' that I can get into my head and play with:

T'ren is the name that comes to mind. No clue what it might mean, but it sounds Drowish, at least.  ;)

My thinking is that she is from a fairly small house, at risk of being absorbed by another. She's never had much interest in inter-house politics, but doesn't want to be considered a complete exile. Sadly, backing out of an arranged marriage might well be the last nail in the coffin as far as her returning to the Underdark is concerned.

(How's that for motivation?)

Your turn!  ;D