Fire Emblem (Interest Check)

Started by Latooni Subota, November 13, 2011, 11:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

And the Bounty Hunter promotes from the Scavenger, so... :P

Hmm.  I wonder what sort of sprite one would use for a Scavenger?  I'm thinking Bard at the moment, and then upgrading to Assassin upon promotion.

Hoshino

I always figured Bard or Thief would be a good base for the Scavenger. The Assassin sprite seems like a good fit for the Wanderer and Bounty Hunter both.

So I got an idea for the character, but I'm not entirely sure on his, well, character. I know he'd be a disgraced nobleman, forced out of power and into the life of a wandering vagabond, forced to his his knowledge and his training to survive. And I know it can tie into the plot of the evil count/marquess/whatever, and as such he'd be all on board with the rebellion, but it's all a little vague, isn't it?

Sabre

Vague is fine, it allows me some leeway when I start focusing the plot into a concise narrative and better incorporate characters that wish to be involved in some way, major or minor.

Currently working on creating all the little sprites I'll need for the map.  I'll post up a demo soon for us all to marvel at in wonder.

Latooni Subota

Cecilia's family doesn't like the Scavenger's family's way of doing things, and bumps him out. He goes out on his own until he hears that the Laplace family is being rebelled against by various commoners, minor nobles, and the youngest daughter of the family herself. What a prime opportunity to get revenge on the family, by helping their youngest daughter take them down! If he makes himself stand out enough during it, or get friendly with the right people, regaining his noble title should just fall right into place. :3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Kunoichi

Yeah, vague should be fine at this point.  Especially compared to me own backstory, which is currently nonexistent. :P

Either way, I edited a Thief sprite for your character, Hoshino, so as soon as you come up with a name, I can add it to the cast list. ^^

Hoshino

You've read my mind, Latooni. ;p

Name: Edmund Ibrahim

Edmund Ibrahim is the only son of the noble house Ibrahim, known for their guile, cunning, and willingness to use the ancient magic, which is normally seen as taboo. For this, they were known as the Adders in mumbled tones, a name which Edmund took as a personal title. However, the Laplace family, one of the strongest in the kingdom, managed to muscle the Ibrahims into dissolving, leaving Edmund without a home to his name, left to wander, with only what little magic and court fighting could be taught to him before being forced out. Later, he hears of a rebellion against the very people who cast him out, with the beautiful Cecilia Laplace as its figurehead. What a prime chance for a little payback...

Total Lv 1
Level    1
EXP      0
Class: Scavenger
HP     18 (40%)
STR  - 04 (40%)  DEF  - 02 (35%)
MAG  - 04 (40%)  RES  - 02 (35%)
SKI  - 05 (60%)  SPD  - 07 (45%)
LUC  - 05 (40%)  MOV  - 5 +0
CON  - 7         AID  - 6 +0

Bonus Stats: HP, MAG, RES, CON
Weapon Proficiency: Slash (D), Ancient (D), Swords (E), Dark (E)
Affinity: Earth

Inventory:
  Name            Type ( ) RNG  WT  MT  HIT  CR  QL
-Flux            Dred (E) 1-2  9   8    80   0  40
-Vulnerary (3)
-
-

Battle Inventory:
  Name            Rng  Atk  Hit  Eva  Crt  AS  Ql
-Flux            1-2   12   92   15    2   5  40
-Vulnerary                                     3
-
-

Skills:
Character Skill- Parity
Activated Effect
Declare your intent to use this skill before battle. You and your opponent gain no bonuses from Terrain or Supports,
and Class and Character skills are negated, excluding Parity, making you and your opponent fight this battle on Stats alone.

Class Skill- Lockpick
Activated Effect
If the character with this skill has a Lockpick in their inventory, they can use it to unlock doors, chests and gates.

Steal Gold
Passive Effect
On the first attack that hits on a target, the character with this skill steals a certain amount of gold from the enemy.
This amount is equal to (Enemy Total Level x 100). Any character in the Archer, Rider, Mage, Swordsman or Soldier Tree
has an additional 200 Gold on hand. A character in the Fighter, Thief, Performer and Priest Trainee has 100.
For classes that fall into more than one tree, it’s 100 Gold.

Personal Skills-
Noble Upbringing: Trained like a proper nobleman, Edmund knows about the intricacies of fighting in tight spaces.
When fighting in Indoor terrain, +10 Hit and Evasion

Overdeveloped Sense of Self Preservation: When under 50% HP, Edmund gains a +15 bonus to Evasion

Cowardly Lion: "I may be a louse, but at least I'm a live louse." When under 50% HP, Edmund suffers a -2 penalty to DMG.

Silk

yeah no need for any real story at this stage, I mean although Ysena has one, it pretty much has no baring on the plot whatsoever unless the GM makes it so :)

Kunoichi

Alright, so, the current list of characters is...

Hoshino

Now that I think of it, Edmund might actually work better as Shaman -> Assassin as far as sprite goes...
Sorry it took a minute for me to voice this.

(Also, I had too much fun with his Personal Skill and Fault)

Kunoichi

Alright, reload the page and you'll see a new sprite for Edmund. ^^

Sabre

Here's the basic concept:

Made with MapTools, I can freely move, add, or remove any sprite from the map at will.  Perhaps a different sprite should be used for Aurich and Claire since their color scheme makes them look like enemies: Claire, for instance, is almost indistinguishable from the enemy knight on the other side of the map save for a few pixels.  I decided to use a different soldier sprite which helps with Aurich, but it may still be a mess when either unit ends up in the middle of a sea of enemy knights and soldiers.

Latooni Subota

Yeah, we should stay away from huge amounts of red armor. Other than that, it looks pretty decent! Maptools is pretty handy, so you should be able to pump out map inserts pretty quick yeah?

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Kunoichi

*has a little fun playing Spot-the-Difference between the map and the latest sprite collection* x3

True, the color scheme could be a bit of a problem.  Claire actually is noticeably darker than the enemy knight, but I suppose I should change his dominant color to black, instead of red...

Kunoichi

Okay, color editing complete.  Make sure to reload the page and grab the new sprite sheet from my earlier post above for your use.

Sabre

I reskinned Aurich here:

Still red, but enough of a shade and sprite difference to differentiate him from an enemy soldier.  Would anyone mind if I used this?

What has changed from the old sprite sheet, Kunoichi?  Which should I replace?  It looks like Edmund got a sprite change?

Latooni Subota

Can we see the bigger version of him, and Kunoichi's version, both on the map?

Edit: Also note that she gave Ysena an axe instead of a bag :O

Mysterica

Looks pretty cool.  Perhaps I could come in as a third party character on the second or third turn?  that or be in the village?

Silk

Hehe, When i first looked at the map my first thought were "Well edmund and Cecilia are in the pooper."

Sabre

I edited some of the player characters to include Kunoichi's edits and to also make them of a uniform size (except the riders), which means Ysena's axe is a little cut off to keep her from looking a lot smaller than the other PC (if you guys want the full sprite and aren't bothered by the size difference, I can change that).  The originals are above, and the edits are below except for Aurich where the above is Kunoichi's edit and below is my own.  Which should we use?

The size difference also helps separate the PCs from the enemy (except for Claire, who has a slightly different hue to his armor's trim but is the same size as the enemy knight).

Revelation

I guess i'm lucky... lavender is very distinct, so I feel confident I won't be missing Ashton in the action, heh. but that edit looks better.

Kunoichi

Claire's armor is also a deeper shade of red than the enemy knight, though I should note that my latest change to the sprite sheet exchanged that red armor for black, and brightened Aurich to a slightly more orange coloration.

I think I prefer your edit for Aurich, though, Sabre, since it helps him stick to the color scheme in his profile picture. ^^;

Latooni Subota

I think you should use your own distinctive Aurich, and Kunoichi's Black/orange Knight Blazer . . err . . I mean, Claire. :3

Edit: Not too big of a fan of the sprites being slightly oversized though, I think.

Kunoichi

Yeah, I think I'd prefer regular-sized sprites as well.  Some of the pixels get kind of squished or stretched with the size increase, and it looks a little weird as a result.  I think we've got enough differentiation to figure out where our characters are, now.

Ah, and Latooni, the end of your post got cut off.  What was it that you liked?

Latooni Subota

whoops! uh, disregard that. I was gonna add something, then changed my mind because it wasn't relevant. XD

Sabre

Another size edit:

This also fits Ysena's axe entirely.