Let's Play Pokemon: Volt White! (Warning: lots of images)

Started by Kunoichi, March 01, 2012, 05:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gensokian

Plasma...really is the PETA of Pokemon. They don't even follow what they say at all; liberate Pokemon by kicking and beating up wild Pokemon. Yeah, real smooth. =.=

Also, for naaaaames~! Bellhop for Chingling, Bouncy for Igglybuff, and...uh...Meteorite for Clefa, maybe, because it comes from the moon? ^^;

Chris Brady

I have a better idea for Igglybuff, name it...

Bieber!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kunoichi

I'll name it Gaga if I get a female one, and Bieber if I get a male one. ^^

And then Bouncy can be the name of the Jigglypuff.

Gensokian

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 20, 2012, 11:26:49 PM
I'll name it Gaga if I get a female one, and Bieber if I get a male one. ^^

Uh...aren't you sure you got that backwards? :P

And lest you forget, Igglybuff evolves into Jigglypuff. >w>

Kunoichi

It does, yes, but the evolution method is both annoying and time-consuming, and Jigglypuff can be captured wild around there anyway, so... ^^;

Gensokian

I guess that's true; I certainly am not a fan of the happiness evolution, I can tell you that, though later in the game, it can be easier, especially if you can use the Soothe Bell and a lot of berries.

Kunoichi

Yeah, unfortunately berries don't grow wild in Unova.  And I'm not getting a Soothe Bell until Gym #4, from what I can tell.  Which is a pity...

Kunoichi

Let's Play Pokemon: Volt White! - Part 9: P.L.A.S.M.A.  Pocket Liberation And Stealing Monsters Association

Man, I wonder what sort of cool, awesome Pokemon I'll get to see when I look around in the Dreamyard?  According to the Pokedex, Munna's a Psychic-type, so...

Oh well.  Got my team all patched up at the Pokemon Center, so now it's time to go out and take a look for myself.  Ah, but before that...

2400 only gets me 4 Great Balls? :o Whoa, these things are expensive.  And I've only got 7, now...

Ah well.  I'll just catch as many different Pokemon as I can, then.

...Huh.  Bianca's still here.  Still looking for that Munna, I suppose.

Anyway...

Awwww, it's so cute! ;D

Togepi, the Spike Ball Pokemon
As its energy, Togepi uses the positive emotions of compassion and pleasure exuded by people and Pokémon. This Pokémon stores up feelings of happiness inside its shell, then shares them with others. A proverb claims that happiness will come to anyone who can make a sleeping Togepi stand up.

...It seemed a fitting nickname.

Omelette's moves are Growl, Charm, Metronome, and Sweet Kiss.  Growl, Charm, and Sweet Kiss I'm sure you remember, but Metronome is a new one.  The move which the Clefairy line is known for, it's a move in which the user waves its fingers around randomly, and then that somehow lets it use one randomly-selected move.  It can lead to some incredibly fun results in play, but you have to be prepared for the possibility that you'll get less-useful moves if you decide to use it.

Omelette's ability, Serene Grace, is extremely useful on support Pokemon, which he will definitely evolve into.  When you use a move that does damage and has a chance of an added effect, like Poison Tail's poison or Ember's burn, the chance of that additional effect happening is doubled.  Particularly useful when you're trying to Freeze an opponent.

Anyway, let's see what else is out here...

Chingling, the Bell Pokemon
It moves with flouncing hops. Each time it hops, it makes a ringing sound. It deafens foes by emitting high-frequency cries. It emits these cries by agitating an orb at the back of its throat. Once it starts, it can cry for an awfully long time.
Credit to Gensokian for the name

Bellhop's moves are Recover, Wrap, Growl, and Astonish.  Recover is a move in which the user restores its hit points by an amount equal to half its max.  A number of Psychic Pokemon are known for spamming this move.  Wrap is a weak move in which vines or the user's body or something are used to ensnare and squeeze the target.  After the initial attack, the target takes a small amount of damage over time for the next four to five turns.  Astonish is a Ghost-type move.  30 power, and it has a good chance of making the target flinch.

Bellhop's ability is Levitate.  He's immune to Ground-type moves, which is nice. ^^

Natu, the Tiny Bird Pokemon
Natu cannot fly because its wings are not yet fully grown. If your eyes meet with this Pokémon's eyes, it will stare back intently at you. But if you move even slightly, it will hop away to safety. Natu has a highly developed jumping ability. The Pokémon flaps and leaps onto tree branches that are taller than grown-up people to pick at the tree's new shoots. It also picks food from cactus plants, deftly avoiding buds and spines. It seems to skip about to move.

...What?  The name is hilarious, and you know it. :P

Natu-ral's moves are Air Cutter, Leer, Night Shade, and Teleport.  The only new one of these is Teleport, which can be used to escape from Wild Pokemon in battle and teleport back to the nearest Pokemon Center out of battle.  The latter is convenient, but the former just makes it difficult to catch as a Wild Pokemon.  Alas, unfortunately, you cannot use it to escape trainer battles.

Natu-ral's ability is Synchronize.  Any time a foe manages to burn, poison, or paralyze her, the condition is passed onto said foe as well.  Useful if you face a foe who loves one or more of those status effects, but otherwise...

Aww, hey, Munna. ^^ You doing okay?  Hang on, just stay riiiight there...

Munna, the Dream Eater Pokemon
Munna always float in the air. They eat the dreams of people and Pokémon. When one eats a pleasant dream, it expels pink-colored mist. People whose dreams are eaten by them forget what the dreams had been about.

This is what happens when people don't come up with name enough ideas.  I'm particularly disappointed because Munna is actually a Tapir. :-(

Munna's moves are Defense Curl, Lucky Chant, Yawn, and Psybeam.  Defense Curl raises the user's defense by one stage, Lucky Chant protects the user's entire team from critical hits, Yawn is a move that puts the target to sleep without fail at the end of the turn after it is used, and Psybeam is the most powerful Psychic-type attack we're likely to have available for a while.  Even if it didn't have respectable defenses, I'd be considering it for the team on that alone.

Sadly, Munna's ability is Telepathy.  Useless outside of Double Battles, Telepathy prevents Munna from taking any damage from its ally's attacks.  This would let Munna team up with, say, a Ground-type who spammed Earthquake without any trouble, but has no utility whatsoever in Single Battles.

Venonat, the Insect Pokemon
Venonat is said to have evolved with a coat of thin, stiff hair that covers its entire body for protection. It possesses large eyes that never fail to spot even minuscule prey. Its eyes also function as radar units, enabling it to be active in darkness. The eyes can even shoot powerful beams. The small bugs it eats appear only at night, so it sleeps in a hole in a tree until night falls. At night, its kind is drawn by light.

...'Cause it's got a hairy body, see? ;D

Harriet knows the moves Disable, Foresight, Leech Life, and Supersonic.  Disable is a move that, for four turns, prevents the target from using the last move it used.  Supersonic, meanwhile, is a 55 accuracy move which confuses the target if it hits.  Wild Zubat, as you may or may not recall, used to be particularly annoying about using this move over and over again.

...Ah, great, a creepy one. >:( Oh well, in the ball you go.

Drowzee, the Hypnosis Pokemon
A descendant of the legendary animal baku, which is said to eat dreams. It is skilled at hypnotism. It puts enemies to sleep, then eats their dreams. It can tell what people are dreaming by sniffing with its big nose. It loves fun dreams. Occasionally, it gets sick from eating bad dreams. If you think that you had a good dream, but you can't remember it, a Drowzee has probably eaten it. It remembers every dream it eats. It rarely eats the dreams of adults because children's are much tastier. If your nose becomes itchy while you are sleeping, it's a sure sign that one of these Pokémon is standing above your pillow and trying to eat your dream through your nostrils.

...Yeah, these nicknames are getting worse, aren't they? :-\ It certainly feels that way to me, anyway.

Creepy Lady's moves are Pound, Hypnosis, Disable, and Confusion.  Its ability, Forewarn, lets it know what one of its opponents' moves is when it first hit the battlefield.

Whoo, dizzy panda! ;D

...Powerful dizzy panda. :o

No, seriously.  During the fight, this Spinda used Metronome, and it wound up copying the signature move of Reshiram, Black version's main legendary, to attack me with.  Fusion Flare looked pretty impressive...

I'm down to my last Pokeball, too.  Looks like this is it for the day...

Spinda, the Spot Panda Pokemon
No two Spinda are said to have identical spot patterns on their hides. The chances of two Spinda having identical spot patterns is less than one in four billion. This Pokémon moves in a curious manner as if it is stumbling in dizziness. Its shaky, tottering steps give it the appearance of dancing. The lurching movements of this Pokémon can cause its opponent to become confused.
Credit goes to Chris Brady for the name.

The bit in the Pokedex entry about the spot patterns is true, by the way.  The position of Spinda's spots on its face is determined by its personality value.  There literally are over four billion possible combination for the placement of the four spots on its face, too.  I have to admit, though, this particular one doesn't look bad...

Incidentally, I was actually expecting to take more casualties catching it than I did.  These things were upgraded to have respectable base stats of 80 across the board, giving them absurd stats at this early stage of the game, and making it so that they're at least not left in the dust in the late game.  I've had Spinda wipe out two thirds of my team before, when I've attempted to catch one in the past.

Po's moves are Metronome, Tackle, Uproar, and Copycat.  Uproar is a move that lasts three turns, where the Pokemon uses the same attack each turn.  While using this move, the user cannot be put to sleep.

More importantly, Po's ability?  Contrary. ;D Yep, that means that the same broken ability that that cheater Cheren and his Snivy have is now mine. >:) Mwahahahah...

Anyway, since I've caught all the Pokemon I can, I guess it's finally time to do what I've been dreading.

I've got to... talk... to Fennel...

Uh-huh.  That's what they all say, kid.  Then, the FBI figures out where the bodies are buried. :-X

...Uh-huh.  I think I'll just assume you're getting their permission first.  I mean, I don't really know how a 'save file' works, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to copy them without asking.

What C-Gear?  Your hands are completely empty.

Like my laptop computer, then?

You're... storing a computer... inside another computer? :o

Ow... ><; My brain...

Well, I guess free stuff is free stuff...  I'm not turning this on, though.

It might actually be a mind-control device, or something.

...Did you not just hear me say I'm not turning this on?  I meant that as in 'ever', not just 'I'm not turning it on today'.

Game what now?

No, wait, never mind.  I don't actually care.

...Yeah, no.  I kinda want to just hurry up and get out of here now.

Oh, look, the illusion of choice.  I guess you really are a friend of Professor Juniper. >:(

Uh...  That kinda sounds horribly unethical.

...No.  I'm not going to complain that that doesn't actually explain anything.  I'm not falling for your trap, Fennel.  You just want a chance to talk for even longer.

'We learned that Pokemon have dreams when they sleep!'. ::)

...What.

Uh-huh.  Yeah.  I'll get right on that.

(Not really.)

Oh?  What is it?

Another GPS?  My Mom already gave me one of those.  She's awesome like that. 8-)

...So it's basically a glorified friends list.  Which you've devoted an entire separate machine to handle for no reason all.

No!  Not another one! :-(

Yeah, goodbye.  I'm leaving now.  You two can explain everything to each other if you want to babble on about your own inventions so much. >:(

I'm off to the Dreamyard for some more training.

Man, this is so much better than talking to Fennel.  Why did I even have to go and do that, anyway?

...Oh, right.  That stupid jerk wouldn't let me past.  Crazy old man...

Razor Shell is a pretty cool move.  When using it, Kenny turns that cute little Scalchop on his chest into a water-sword. ^^

!!!

Dewott, the Discipline Pokemon
Scalchop techniques differ from one Dewott to another. It never neglects maintaining its scalchops. Strict training is how it learns its flowing double-scalchop technique.

Ah, so Oshawott evolves into Dewott at level 17.  I wonder if this means his name needs changing to something more fitting, now?

One thing to note from the middle image above?  Kenny is now a Water/Fighting-type Pokemon. ;D Also, he finally has a move with increased chances to crit to go with his Focus Energy move.  Quadrupled crit chances are now officially awesome. ;)

A little training with Hardboiled didn't really produce the desired results, and to be honest, I'm kinda getting tired of having her as a useless load on my team. ^^; So...

Chansey, the Egg Pokemon
A rare and elusive Pokémon that is said to bring happiness to those who manage to get it. Chansey lays nutritionally excellent eggs on an everyday basis. The eggs are so delicious, they are easily and eagerly devoured by even those people who have lost their appetite.

Farewell, Hardboiled.  I'll probably only get you out once I get the proper incense to evolve you into your final stage more quickly.

And now, say hello to the newest member of the team, everyone!

The mighty Dragon Warrior!

Faint Attack isn't a bad move to have, but given that Po both has stats currently more well-suited to Special Attack, and the lack of the STAB bonus...  Well, it's just not as useful as Tackle, even if it never misses.

No, seriously.  In Generation V, Tackle is a 50 Power move, now.  It's actually pretty awesome.

With the addition of Take Down to her arsenal, Scamp has officially become a powerhouse. ^^

Hmm.  I guess that's enough in the way of training for now.  Still lots of Pokemon in the Dreamyard to catch, though.  But I'm out of money...

Ah!  I know, I'll just go and beat some rich trainers on Route 3 for cash!

Yes, now let me through. >:(

Ahhh, finally, Route 3... ^^

Hmm?  What's that building up ahead?

Ah, I see.  I suppose I could drop off someone on my team, if I wanted them to level up and grow while I walked around.  Have I got anyone on my team like that?

...Nah, I guess not.  Not at the moment, anyway.  Besides, training on Audino is faster anyway.

Oh?  Hmm.  I know I came to Route 3 to battle and get some cash, but I don't think I want to beat up little kids for their milk money...

Eh, I'll skip this place for now.

Awww, aren't you two just the cutest little things ever? ;D

See?  Totally adorable. ^^

They even have matching Pokemon. ;D Though, Plusle and Minun probably would have been a better team choice here.

I guess they aren't available in the surrounding area.

I love Metronome. ^^

Sorry, kids.  You did manage to get Scamp down pretty low, though...

Hmm.  Is there anywhere to heal up around here?

Good enough.

One Pokemon Center noise later...

Thank you. ^^

Aaaaaand onward, past the little girls.

Oh, hey Cheren.

Eh, why not?  I need to test out Po on some real opponents, anyway.

Go, Po!  Use Metronome!

:o

(For those of you who don't know, Explosion is basically the improved version of a move called Self-Destruct.  Really, really powerful, but it takes out the user as well.  Staravia and Po both went down here.)

Scamp's Bite doesn't do much damage to Roggenrola's tough hide...

Oh, hah hah Cheren. >:( Very funny.

Wait, you're actually serious?  What battle are you watching?

Do I even need to say what effect a single Razor Shell had here?

I'm sure I don't need to tell you who won this battle, either.

That said, between his earlier comment about my moves and Snivy's performance during this fight, I'm starting to think that Cheren... isn't actually that good at Pokemon battles.

You remember how his Snivy has Contrary, which turns stat boosts into penalties, and stat penalties into boosts?  Cheren had it use Growth during the battle, a move which normally raises its user's Attack and Special Attack by one stage.  He... didn't seem to realize that Contrary caused his Snivy to get weaker from that, rather than stronger.

Panpour's a Water-type, and Askew knows Cut, which was made into a Grass-type move in this hack, so...

...I don't have the heart to tell him how badly he's doing.

I keep winning because you're blindly following random internet strategies without taking the time to understand what makes them work, Cheren.  Think about your strategies, rather than looking them up, for a change.

Seriously, Growth?  On a Snivy with Contrary?  That was just pitiful.

It's kind of an off day for me, actually.  That Explosion really caught me by surprise.

...Was that a couple of Team Plasma goons just now?

Hmm?  And now someone else is running up...

This may seem like a stupid question for Cheren to ask, but it actually makes some sense in context.  Bianca's shoes are not designed for running.  Her Dad probably picked them out so she'd have trouble running away, come to think of it. >:( Combine that with how klutzy she can sometimes be, and running can be a bit of a dangerous prospect for her.

Sadly, it seems Cheren has no ability to read between the lines. >:(

You should try and get some Running Shoes, Bianca.  Not only do they let you catch crooks, but they're convenient for everyday use, as well.

Bianca kinda looks like she's about to cry herself. :-(

Those fiends. >:(

...I should be surprised and annoyed by this, but I guess you always were terrible at talking to girls, Cheren.

I figured it out a while ago, Cheren.  You really should try and work on your social skills.

Yeah, I know.

Actually, Cheren, to be honest, I'm not sure you've got what it takes to-

Ah, he ran off.

You can count on me, Bianca.

Because they're a bunch of meanie-pants, little girl.  But don't worry, heroes of justice like me are around to stop them. ^^

Wait, what?  But I thought you were going to...  Like that time back at my house?

*sigh* Hang on, I'll be right back...

Well, at least you're being understanding about this.  If our positions were switched, I'd have just headed in alone already.

Anyway, thanks to my bike, I make good time hiking it back to the daycare center.  One quick use of their healing facilities later, and...

Yes.

Huh.  It's cold, dark, and wet in here.  Kinda wishing I was wearing longer pants right now...

Gah!  You don't have to shout, Cheren! >:( I'm right here, plus these caves echo.

Uh-huh.  What else is new?

Oh, right.  You've never dealt with these guys before.

Why would a Pokemon be happy about being 'used'?  Aren't you guys supposed to be against stuff like that, anyway?

I see your buddies haven't told you about me. >:)

It's another Poison-type Pokemon.  I am beginning to sense a theme, here.

Not much of a match for Po, though that poison's going to hurt.

Numel is a Fire/Ground type, if memory serves.  Even if it doesn't, it's at least a Fire-type, so Kenny shouldn't have any problems against this guy.

Thus proving my point.

Oh look, a Fire/Dark-type.  Ho hum.

...That's new.

I've still got Water Gun, a Special move, so the Attack drop isn't much of a problem, but the enemy gets a lucky burn on me, thanks to Ember.

Really?  I was expecting to win the instant you challenged me to a fight. 8-)

Well, have you considered the possibility that you might be in the wrong?

Seriously, you stole from a little kid.  You aren't the good guys, here.

Alright, I'll handle that right awa-

Gah!  My ears! >:( There were two more of you jerks back there?

No, I understand what you're doing.  You're petty crooks who used your high ideals to justify stealing from a child, and then attempted to do the same to justify stealing from me and my friend here.

And we beat you down for your mistake.  Now, hand over the Pokemon you stole.

Oh, you guys want a double battle, huh?  Stand back, Cheren.  I got this. 8-)

...Really?  You're just now noticing?

Because it gives them an excuse, obviously.  Bianca and I saw two of them outright abusing a wild Pokemon back in Striaton City.

I will admit, though, unlike those two, these guys actually seem to believe the mess they're trying to shovel down our throats...

Agh! >:( I told you not to shout!

Eh, why not?  Alright.  You and me versus these two.  Let's show these guys they shouldn't be messing with us.

Voltorb and a Zubat, huh?  Cheren, you'd better not lead with Staravia, or else-

...That might happen.  Okay, Po, let's take out that Voltorb!

Wait, they explode?!  Ouch, and Po's almost out.  Good thing Cheren's Roggenrola can do some real damage to the Zubat with its Rock-type moves.

I'll try sending in FireMonkey, next.

Carvanha?!  Uh-oh, that's a Water-type!

Wait, but it isn't using any Water-type moves.  Maybe it doesn't know any...

Lick's got a decent chance to cause Paralysis, but lack of power and no STAB bonus make it not the right move for FireMonkey.

Speed Boost?!  Uh-oh.  That means Carvanha's speed is going to up one stage at the end of each turn.  Good thing this guy's almost down.

The next Pokemon out is Poochyena, huh?  FireMonkey, hit them both with Incinerate!

See, Cheren?  That's how you pick good moves. 8-)

Darn, another Water-type.

Well, that was pretty much expected.  I'm starting to think I should switch out Pokemon a little more often...

Alright, Scamp, let's see what your Take-Down can do to that Tentacool.

Roggenrola hits Pawniard with Sand Attack.  Sadly, thanks to Defiant, that Accuracy loss is countered by a two stage Attack boost.  Getting hit by this thing is going to hurt.

Uh-oh.  Switching out will now poison my Pokemon.

Okay, Scamp, let's take out that Pawniard!

Huh.  Roggenrola's Rock Blast isn't a bad move...  The thing's a tank when it comes to physical Defense, too.

Gee, I dunno, are you out of Pokemon? ::)

Herdier, the Loyal Dog Pokemon
It loyally follows its Trainer's orders. For ages, they have helped Trainers raise Pokémon. It has black, cape-like fur that is very hard and decreases the amount of damage it receives.

Having evolved, Scamp's Pickup ability has, sadly, been replaced by Scrappy.  It's not a bad ability to have, admittedly, allowing the user to hit Ghost-type Pokemon with Normal- and Fighting-type moves, but it no longer gets me free items...

Ah, but who is going to liberate your Pokemon from you?  Because trust me, you guys are pretty foolish.

Theft is a crime for a reason, though I can imagine a few possible circumstances for committing it.

If you break the law, you have to be prepared for the consequences of doing so, though, and these guys clearly aren't.

...No, Cheren, that's not how you win a debate. >:(

You say this Pokemon is suffering under that little girl's attempts to care for it?  Prove it.  Bring me documented evidence showing exactly how and when it has been made to suffer.

Yeah, that's what I thought.  You guys make me sick.  Get out of my sight.

Yes, Cheren, I was there for Pokemon Appreciation Day in pre-school, as well.

...You haven't been paying attention, have you?

Here.  Just take this and go.

Guess I better take my leave, too.  Ah, and beating Cheren and those Plasma Grunts did leave me with a nice amount of cash in my pocket.  Alright, off to buy more Great Balls!

Hmm?  Bianca and the little girl?

Aww, it was nothing. 8-)

Whoa.  Thank you very much, I'll definitely make good use of this.

For those of you who don't own Black or White, you don't actually get any sort of fishing rod in this game normally until you beat the Elite Four.  No Old Rod, no Great Rod, you just have to wait through most of the game and get this game's equivalent to the Super Rod in the epilogue.

That makes this quite the useful and touching gift.

You can't fish in Gym statues any longer, though.

Goodbye, you two.  Take care.

Okay, back to the Striaton Pokemon Center, get healed up, and...

Ahhh, that's the stuff. ;D

Remaining Pokemon in the Dreamyard

Tall Grass:
Clefairy
Jigglypuff
Nidoran (both genders)
Ralts (both genders, due to a diverging final stage of evolution)

Rustling Grass:
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Lunatone
Solrock

Legendary Encounters: (Still going to have to come back later)
Level 30 Jirachi

Looks like I'll need even more money for Great Balls...

BraveEarth

Awwe Kunoichi why not just spam 10 pokeball and one premier ball strategy? To save money. Also I love your punnier names ;D. But I think you should name a potentially male Ralts Wally after the Rival in R/S/E series

Kunoichi

I could give that a try, but Great Balls are only 3 times the cost of regular Pokeballs.  If it takes 3 tosses to snag a Pokemon on average, it's the same as just using one Great Ball.  If it takes 4, I'll actually be losing money. ^^; Plus, I did put in the code to allow me to rebattle trainers, so once I get an Amulet Coin and get Moneymaker up and running...

I could, yes, but without hacking, I couldn't manage the impossible feat of making it somehow evolve into a Gardevoir. :P

That said, I do plan on getting at least one with Trace, to help with my attempts at getting Wild Pokemon with certain abilities.  It's a pretty good evolutionary line, really. ^^

Gensokian

I am not all that surprised to see Muuna and Drowzie in the same place; they're almost like cousins, what with stealing and eating dreams and all. Plus, looks like that fishing rod this early could either be a major help or a serious bane, depending on if, even this early, you're hooking up level 40 Pokemon. >w>

Also, I genuinely laughed when you explained the reasons why it was a genuine question for Cheren to ask why Bianca was running. X3

And Plasmaa, once again, proves that they are just like Pokemon's PETA. I think there's a message to be picked up here...>w>

Kunoichi

Yeah, they're both based off the same mythological creature, the Baku, which coincidentally looks a lot like a tapir. ^^ And don't worry, even the Pokemon you can fish for have been adjusted.  Like, I should be getting a level 12 Dratini soon, for example.

Thanks.  I figured it would make for a better joke than just drawing attention to Cheren's weird obsession with running. :P

Yep, Team Plasma certainly is up to no good.  Makes one wonder what their long-term plans might be...

BraveEarth

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 24, 2012, 10:55:09 PM
I could give that a try, but Great Balls are only 3 times the cost of regular Pokeballs.  If it takes 3 tosses to snag a Pokemon on average, it's the same as just using one Great Ball.  If it takes 4, I'll actually be losing money. ^^; Plus, I did put in the code to allow me to rebattle trainers, so once I get an Amulet Coin and get Moneymaker up and running...

I could, yes, but without hacking, I couldn't manage the impossible feat of making it somehow evolve into a Gardevoir. :P

That said, I do plan on getting at least one with Trace, to help with my attempts at getting Wild Pokemon with certain abilities.  It's a pretty good evolutionary line, really. ^^

You get Gardevoir by natural leveling... so how is this impossible?  Hell it evolves pretty early by Gen V high Level Evolution standards anyway.

Kunoichi

*checks*

...Huh.  And here I thought only female Kirlia could evolve into Gardevoir.  I guess because I skipped Gen III, and then the species got that male-only evolution via stone into Gallade in Gen IV...

BraveEarth

Don't worry common misconception these days, the porn doesn't help things either.

Kunoichi

Yeah, that's certainly true.  I'm particularly tempted to reference said porn at some point, but I can't really think of a good way to do it...

Gensokian

Er, not sure if I can get away with saying anything like that in here, but you could probably tuck away that reference and channel it into an RP idea for later.

>w>

<w<

^w^

Chris Brady

As mentioned by Genso, I concur.  A female igglybuff/jigglypuff MUST be named Bieber.  And a male, LadyGaga.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kunoichi

Alright, you guys win.  Bieber and Lady Gaga it is.  Any ideas for names for Solrock and Lunatone, or should I just name them Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright like I usually do?

BraveEarth

Do you remember the names of the Sun and moon in Kirby Super Star that's the only represental pair I can think of... Or you could be mean and Call them Celestial and NightmareMoon

Kunoichi

Yeah, Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright are the guys from Kirby. ^^ And alas, Nightmare Moon won't fit.

Luna, however...

BraveEarth

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 25, 2012, 02:38:45 PM
Yeah, Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright are the guys from Kirby. ^^

Well this of course says that you have good taste. And will Maria soon be obtaining the Basic Badger?

Kunoichi

Within a couple of updates, probably. ^^; Lenora's pretty tough, though.  It may take me multiple tries to defeat her...

Kunoichi

Let's Play Pokemon: Volt White! - Part 10: Pokeball, Go!

Got 6 more Great Balls, burnin' a hole in my pocket.  Time to hit the Dreamyard again!

But first...

Thank you, Askew. ;D

Nidoran♀, the Poison Pin Pokemon
Nidoran has barbs that secrete a powerful poison. They are thought to have developed as protection for this small-bodied Pokémon. When enraged, it releases a horrible toxin from its horn. The female has smaller horns. While it does not prefer to fight, even one drop of the poison it secretes from its barbs can be fatal.
Credit to Chris Brady for the name.

For a quick look at Amy Rose's abilities...

Double Kick is an interesting Fighting-type move.  30 power, but the move always involves two attacks, so it's effectively 60 power if both kicks hit.

Poison Point is described pretty well above.

Remember what I said last time about Spinda's spots?  Check out the spots on this Spinda.  Wacky, no?

Aha!  I was looking for one of these.  This is Ralts, and one of its abilities is Trace.  Trace is a huge boon when you're out catching Wild Pokemon, because it copies the opponent's ability.  You get to know what you're getting ahead of time, which is awesome.

Now, I just gotta catch this thing...

Askew!  Noooooo! :o

Phew, found another one...

Ralts, the Feeling Pokemon
Ralts senses the emotions of people using the horns on its head. This Pokémon rarely appears before people. But when it does, it draws closer if it senses that the person has a positive disposition. If its trainer is in a cheerful mood, this Pokémon grows cheerful and joyous in the same way. If its horns capture the warm feelings of people or Pokémon, its body warms up slightly. It takes cover if it senses any hostility.

You know, I forget what the justification behind this particular name was.  I think I got it off a name generator somewhere...

Growl, Confusion, Double Team, and the Trace ability.  Not a bad set to start with, though it'll definitely improve once Ritzy learns some better moves.

Note that Ritzy's nature improves her Special Defense at the cost of lowering her regular Defense, also.  Not a bad nature to have, all things considered.

Anyway, now that we've got a Pokemon with Trace available to sort out abilities, it's time to make a small change to the current set of Pokemon I've got in the computer.

MoneyMaker's Pickup isn't the right ability for what I want to use him for.  If I want to make lots of money with Pay Day, I'll need Technician, to give the move some decent power.

...I wind up spending a considerable amount of time searching for one.  In fact, out of 5 Meowths I wind up running into over the course of 2 hours, real-time, 2 of them have Technician.

Both wind up falling in one shot to unlucky crits. >:(

So, I give in to my growing frustration and head back to the Dreamyard to see what else I can find.

Nidoran♂, the Poison Pin Pokemon
The male Nidoran has developed muscles for moving its ears. Thanks to them, the ears can be freely moved in any direction. Even the slightest sound does not escape this Pokémon's notice. It is small, but its horn is filled with poison. If it senses danger, it strikes first, charging then stabbing with the horn to inject poison.
Credit to Chris Brady for the name.

Sonic's moves are Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick, and Sweet Kiss.  As with his female counterpart, his ability is Poison Point.

Next, I take the time to do some training...

Jojo was on the team because I figured I could find a Meowth with Technician, then switch to a lower-level Pokemon to reduce its HP.  Unfortunately, at that point, Meowths stopped showing up altogether for some reason, so he wound up staying on the team while I headed off to the Dreamyard.

Fury Swipes...  Not really Mankey's move.  He needs a good Fighting-type move right now, really.

Jojo took out an Audino, so of course he wasn't the only one to level.

Pickup. ;D

And some more leveling...

Uh-oh.  That's not good...

Cleffa, the Star Shape Pokemon
On nights with many shooting stars, Cleffa can be seen dancing in a ring. They dance through the night and stop only at the break of day, when these Pokémon quench their thirst with the morning dew. Because of its unusual, star-like silhouette, people believe that it came here on a meteor.

Cleffa's ability is Friend Guard.  Its moves are Charm, Encore, Sing, and Sweet Kiss.  Of those four, the only one I believe I haven't explained before is Sing, which is an inaccurate move which puts the opponent to sleep if it hits.

Solrock, the Meteorite Pokemon
Solrock is a new species of Pokémon that is said to have fallen from space. It floats in the air and moves silently. In battle, this Pokémon releases intensely bright light. Solar energy is the source of this Pokémon's power. On sunny days, groups of Solrock line up facing the sun and absorb its light. It is said to possess the ability to read the emotions of others. This Pokémon gives off intense heat while rotating its body.
Credit to BraveEarth for the name.

Aaaaaand that was my last Great ball.  Anyway, let's have a look at Celestia's stats, shall we?

Levitate is a fun ability, particularly on a Pokemon with a weakness to Ground-type moves, like Bronzor.  On Celestia, it's a little less useful, but still pretty cool to have.

Morning Sun is a recovery move.  It works better during the day, and especially during the weather conditions brought about by the move Sunny Day.  Rock Throw is a weak Rock-type move, of course, and Fire Spin is a weak Fire-type move, but one which traps the target in the ring and does continuous damage for a few turns.

Hmm.  No Great Balls left, guess I should...  Oh, but wait!  I've still got those Dive Balls!  Plus, that little girl gave me a Fishing Rod, too.

Let's take this baby for a spin...

Awesome! ;D What'd I find?

:o Lucky, lucky me...

Marvel Scale is an ability that gives the user a Defense boost if it suffers a status ailment.  Not bad, though it is a bit situational.

Okay, time to test these things out...

Dratini, the Dragon Pokemon
A Dratini continually molts and sloughs off its old skin. It does so because the life energy within its body steadily builds to reach uncontrollable levels. Long considered a mythical Pokémon until recently, when a small colony was found living underwater. The existence of this mythical Pokémon was only recently confirmed by a fisherman who caught one. It is called the "Mirage Pokémon" because so few have seen it.

Tuff Stuff seems like a fitting name for this Pokemon.  It may just be because it knows Dragon Rage, but it took out two of my team before getting low enough to capture.

Tuff Stuff's moves are Leer, Thunder Wave, Twister, and Dragon Rage.  Thunder Wave is a move that paralyzes the opponent if it hits, and since it has 100% accuracy it hits often.  Twister is a Dragon-type move, a Special attack with 40 power and a chance to make the opponent flinch if it hits.  Dragon Rage is a move that always does 40 damage, regardless of circumstances.  Powerful enough to one-shot many foes at this low level, and it'll be useful for capturing Pokemon as levels grow.

Now, what else can we fish up around here?

Ladies and Gentlemen, Hoenn's version of Magikarp.  Feebas are known for being difficult to evolve, since you had to raise its Beauty to max to do so.  Of course, since you can't grow berries in Unova, it got an alternate evolution method in Gen V.

Feebas, the Fish Pokemon
Feebas's fins are ragged and tattered from the start of its life. Because of its hopelessly shabby appearance, it seems as if few Trainers raise it. It is capable of living in both the sea and in rivers. While Feebas's body is in tatters, it has a hardy and tenacious life force that enables it to live anywhere. However, this Pokémon is also slow and dimwitted, making it an easy catch.

'Cause beauty's only skin deep, see?

Splash, Hypnosis, Tackle, and it gets Adaptability.  Since it can't really learn any more moves until level 30, I won't be leveling it at all until I get the item I need to evolve it.

Goldeen, the Goldfish Pokemon
Goldeen is a very beautiful Pokémon with fins that billow like an elegant ballroom dress in water. However, don't let your guard down around this Pokémon - it could ram you powerfully with its horn. Goldeen loves swimming wild and free in rivers and ponds. If one of these Pokémon is placed in an aquarium, it will shatter even the thickest glass with one ram of its horn and make its escape. In the springtime, schools of Goldeen can be seen swimming up falls and rivers. Its dorsal and pectoral fins are strongly developed like muscles. It can swim at a speed of five knots.

In retrospect, I probably should have named this Pokemon 'Horny', but whatever. :P

Goldie's moves are Tail Whip, Water Sport, Supersonic, and Horn Attack.  Horn Attack is a self-explanatory Normal-type move with 65 power.

Goldie's ability, Swift Swim, increases her speed in the rain.  Add on the speed-increasing nature she's already got, and...

Magikarp, the Fish Pokemon
Magikarp is a pathetic excuse for a Pokémon that is only capable of flopping and splashing. In the distant past, it was somewhat stronger than the horribly weak descendants that exist today. This behavior prompted scientists to undertake research into it. Its swimming muscles are weak, so it is easily washed away by currents. In places where water pools, you can see many Magikarp deposited there by the flow. Magikarp is virtually useless in battle as it can only splash around. As a result, it is said to be the world's weakest Pokémon. No one knows why it has managed to survive.  However, it is actually a very hardy Pokémon that can survive in any body of water no matter how polluted it is. A Magikarp living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash. The move remains useless, though.

Guess what this ugly duckling is going to be when she grows up?

Bubble, Splash, and Tackle I've covered before.  Bounce is a flying type move with 85 power.  It works sort of like Fly, but with a 30% chance to paralyze the target on a successful hit.  In the normal version of the game, it's only found on Magikarp from the Dream World.

Rattled is an ability that takes effect when the user is hit with a Dark-, Bug-, or Ghost-type move.  It grants the user a speed boost when it activates.  When Dragon Lady evolves, this will turn into a different, much more fun ability.

That said, given that Gyarados can learn four separate HMs, she's more likely to wind up as what they call a 'HM slave' than anything else...

Anyway, that's all the underwater Pokemon I can catch on Route 1.  I wonder where I can fish next?

Ah, I know!  How about the waters around Striaton City?

Ahh, Cloud Nine, the anti-weather ability.  Useful for throwing a wrench into the plans of any given rain, sandstorm, hail, and/or drought team you might run up against.

Psyduck, the Duck Pokemon
Psyduck uses a mysterious power. If it uses its psychokinetic power, Psyduck can't remember having done so. It apparently can't form a memory of such an event because it goes into an altered state that is much like deep sleep. This discovery spurred controversy among scholars.

Alternate name I was considering?  Aspirin.

Migraine's moves are Tail Whip, Water Gun, Hypnosis, and Disable.  And of course you know its ability.

Three guesses what Drizzle does, folks, and the first two don't count. :P

Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokemon
Slowpoke uses its tail to catch prey by dipping it in water at the side of a river. However, this Pokémon often forgets what it's doing and often spends entire days just loafing at water's edge. Although slow, it is skilled at fishing with its tail. It takes 5 seconds for it to feel pain when under attack.

Rainy D is in da house! 8-)

Rainy D's moves are Tackle, Growl, Water Gun, and Confusion.

See that whirlpool in the water?  That's basically the same thing as rustling grass, only for fishing and surfing.  I'll just dip my hook into that thing, and see what I pull up...

Staryu, the Star Shape Pokemon
Staryu's center section has an organ called the core that shines bright red. If you go to a beach toward the end of summer, the glowing cores of these Pokémon look like the stars in the sky. Staryu apparently communicates with the stars in the night sky by flashing the red core at the center of its body. If parts of its body are torn, this Pokémon simply regenerates the missing pieces and limbs. At night, the center of its body slowly flickers with the same rhythm as a human heartbeat.

Starry night skies, and such. ^^ Though as an interesting nod to real-life biology, I note Staryu has no gender...

Canis Major is a Pokemon I'd consider for my team, if I didn't already have Kenny. Its evolved form, Starmie, has decent stats and can use TMs to learn an incredible variety of moves.  You could tack on... say, Toxic, Thunderbolt, Psychic and Ice Beam, and have excellent coverage in one powerful little package.

At the moment, its moves are Harden, Rapid Spin, Water Gun and Recover.  Rapid Spin is a 20 power Normal-type move with a useful secondary effect.  If there are entry hazards like Stealth Rock or Toxic Spikes in place, or if you're trapped in a move like Fire Spin or Whirlpool, it'll take care of those problems for you.

Fun fact: Basculin's color is different between versions.  Here in Volt White, we get blue Basculin, but in Blaze Black, they're red.  This one's a pretty high level, too...

Much like Bianca's Tepig, this Basculin possesses Adaptability, an ability which increases its the damage bonus on STAB moves from 1.5x to 2x.  Basculin also got a boost to Attack and Speed in this hack, which makes it a pretty scary opponent.

I'm not worried, though.  I haven't shown it, but I added Tuff Stuff to the team, and she's been a really awesome Pokemon to have along whenever I've needed to catch anything.  Thunder Wave in particular makes Pokemon soooo much easier to catch than normal.

I've got this one in the bag. ;D

...Or not. :o

And now I'm out of Pokeballs, too... ><;

...Anyway, there's no point in fighting this thing anymore.  FireMonkey, let's run!

...What.

Run away!  Run awaaaaaay!

Man, that fish was nuts... :-( I dropped all my money when I was running away from it, too.  That's not good.

Now what am I going to do?

...Okay, I'm officially desperate enough to beat up little kids for their lunch money, now. :-\ I won't enjoy it, though.

I felt invincible, once upon a time. :-( Then a fish nearly killed me.

Ritzy got put to sleep by the opponent, so I switched her out for Askew.

Critical hit on a Headbutt.  Took the opponent out pretty quickly.

This time, Askew took no damage because Headbutt kept making Munna flinch.

Natu did a little damage, but...

...Not enough to hit too hard.

Ralts vs Ralts match!

It's like looking into a mirror! :P

Though, this particular fight did get a little annoying.  The enemy started spamming Double Team, so I had to do the same in response to avoid getting whittled down.

And that was that.

...560?  I may have to re-battle this lady...

Really?  Well, I suppose that does make some amount of sense...

Not gonna lie.  I was expecting this to be a double battle.

...Don't cry when I win, okay, little girl? :-\

As you can see, Psybeam is a pretty cool move.  Ritzy now has a nice powerhouse attack that should serve her well until she can learn something like Psychic.  Which should make the next few battles easy...

See?  It was a very quick fight.

Ah, thank goodness.  She doesn't seem too sad at having lost...

What about your little friend here?

My, how aggressive. ::) Or is the proper word 'precocious'?

Have I explained Sturdy before?  It prevents the Pokemon that has it from being knocked out in one hit.  If you're at full health and take an attack that would one-shot you, you'll come away from it with one HP.  Similarly, moves like Guillotine that have the effect of knocking out the opponent in a single shot will also have no effect.

Ritzy's taking some damage, but she's good at dishing it out, too.

Really good.  That little boy's Oshawott was taken out in two shots.

Uh...  Well, at least he isn't crying, I suppose. :-\

Let the nice lady inside the daycare heal up my Pokemon, and...

...What.

Mold Breaker is a move that prevents the user's attacks from being affected by the enemy's abilities.  Ground-type moves will hit a foe with Levitate, for example.  It also cuts through beneficial abilities, though.  For example, in a double battle, an ally with Telepathy isn't safe from your attacks.

Fun fact: Shellos comes in two colors.  In Generation IV, where it was introduced, the divide was based on where you caught them, but in this hack of Gen V, you get different colored versions depending on whether you're playing Volt White or Blaze Black.

...It's time to switch Ritzy out for something else, though.  She got confused by a lucky Water Pulse.

Needless to say, Askew's Grass-type Cut does some nice damage to the Water-type Shellos.

To say nothing of the Water-type Psyduck...

Sorry, Askew, no Odor Sleuth for you.

Phew, that's good.  You gave me a bit of a scare, calling that out.

I know the feeling.

Anyway, I think that's enough for today.  Time to take a break...

And now, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for a very important Reader Participation Round.

Everyone, the following Pokemon are available for capture:

The Dreamyard
Grass, Normal: Clefairy (5%), Jigglypuff (5%)
Grass, Special: Igglybuff (10%), Solrock (5%)

Striaton City
Fish, Special: Basculin (60%)

Route 3
Grass, Normal: Mareep (20%), Taillow (20%), Shellos (10%), Sunkern (10%), Lotad (10%), Seedot (10%), Shinx (10%), Abra (5%), Phanpy (5%)
Grass, Doubles: Blitzle (20%), Pidove (20%), Growlithe (10%), Vulpix (10%), Hoppip (10%), Budew (10%), Marill (5%), Houndour (5%), Volbeat (4%), Illumise (4%), Lombre (1%), Nuzleaf (1%)
Grass, Special: Oshawott (10%), Squirtle (5%), Totodile (5%), Mudkip (5%), Piplup (5%)
Fish, Normal: Poliwag (60%), Chinchou (5%), Remoraid (5%)
Fish, Special: Chinchou (60%), Qwilfish (30%), Remoraid (10%)

Wellspring Cave
Cave, Normal: Woobat (20%), Zubat (20%), Geodude (10%), Roggenrola (10%), Aron (10%), Whismur (10%), Wooper (5%), Bronzor (5%), Axew (5%), Teddiursa (5%)
Cave, Special: Drilbur (40%), Diglett (40%), Gible (20%)
Fish, Normal: Barboach (60%), Tentacool (30%), Shellder (10%)
Fish, Special: Shellder (100%)

Pinwheel Forest
Grass, Normal: Tympole (20%), Timburr (20%), Meditite (10%), Spinarak (10%), Ledyba (10%), Machop (10%), Makuhita (10%), Croagunk (5%), Slakoth (5%)
Grass, Doubles: Throh (20%), Sawk (20%), Dunsparce (10%), Doduo (10%), Snubbull (10%), Aipom (10%), Cubone (9%), Burmy (9%), Heracross (2%)
Grass, Special: Tepig (10%), Tyrogue (10%), Riolu (10%), Charmander (5%), Cyndaquil (5%), Torchic (5%), Chimchar (5%)

Needless to say, this is a lot of Pokemon to catch.  A good 3 or 4 updates-worth.  And I'm going to have to repeatedly battle some people to get enough money for Pokeballs, on top of that.  Which begs a rather important question...

Do you want me to spend the next few updates catching all these Pokemon, or should I skip over it and show them to you when I'm done?  It would probably only take up one update if I did the latter, which would allow me to get to the next gym leader more quickly...

Gensokian

Man, that was quite a haul..guess that's what we should expect, though, if there's going to be so many wild Pokemon about. >w>

Only thing I have to say is that, I think you'd be better off with a Money Maker that doesn't have the Pay Day powered up; one being that he can pick up stuff for you to sell (though you do have others doing that for you...), and second, the more hits with Pay Day, the more money you get.