News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pathfinder City (Interest check)

Started by Rune, August 07, 2010, 07:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

I just got the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide, so I am psyked for some Pathfinder Fun.

Instead of creating an adventurering party, I would like to create a city. The players will take the role of people in the city. We can have Slavers and Slave, Princes and Princesses, Knight as Assassins. Adventurous Ship Captains and Soldier's of the King's Army.

Since every good story needs a threat, we can also have a large Barbarian Kingdom that is threatening the city. That way if people want to play more savage characters, then that option will also be available.

I also intent on including new magic more suited for exotic gaming. Things like slave collars of obedience, transformation magic, etc. can all be possible. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Everyone will be starting at first level, Experience will be gained at a rate of 10xp per post (not including one liners) I may give bonus XP as I see fit.

Please comment on these ideas so far, and let me know if you are interested.

RubySlippers

Ooooooooooooooh yea.

Not sure what I'll play though but 1st Level Starting Pathfinder Game I'm all for it. Just the xp seems a bit low but might I suggest add in some for using skills in your class under duress and spells as an add on a young rogue robbing a well-off merchant using her skills should be earning extra xp IMHO or the wizard casting a spell doing something should get a little something. And I'm sure combat will earn xp for being in fights if not it would not encourage people to be active heroic sorts.

Geeklet

While I haven't had a chance to take a look at the new stuff yet, I could very well be interested in playing this.

Rune

As far as xp 10 per post is a little low. But there will be bonuses for quality of posts as well as accomplshing things in game.

If you have an idea for a character I need.

Name
Race
Occupation
Class
Plus any special notes, ie are you under a curse, etc.

Marie Reynolds

Rune

Starting at first level, but rapidly increasing depending on how well your background is presented. How well your character fits in the setting, and how well you rleplay. Those that post simple one line posts will take longer to advance. Also, getting involved in plots instead of simply having a grope session will also speed up advancement.,

Marie Reynolds

Name:Alice Newin
Race: Human
Occupation: Cover profession Tailor actually job Spy for The crown
Class:Lurk (if this class is not okay let me know ill go bard then)
Plus any special notes, ie are you under a curse, etc.
Discovered by one of the kingdoms spies while the spy out on a scouting mission for new talent.(will be adding more as more ideas come just figured id give a brief overview to see if this will be okay before i go off and poor my heart and soul into the character)

Rune

I am not familar with the 'Lurk'. Is that one of the new varients for rogue or bard? (Since I just got the advanced rules, I am still a little unfamilar with them.)

Aside from that, the concept sounds interesting. Hold on to see if we get much more interest in the game. I would like to have a few players so I won't have to npc 'everyone'' that you interact with.

Marie Reynolds

it is a psionic rogue hybrid class kind of like psionic warrior  but with a bit more class features then psionic warrior

Rune

Where are the stats so I can read up on it? Is it in the Advanced Guide?

Ixy

Yeah, okay.  I'm posting so that I can follow this thread easier.  I hope that it shapes up, and will PM or post an idea later today.

Katina Tarask

Marie: This is a Pathfinder game, not a 3.5 game.

Rune: Lurk is a 3.5 class from Complete Psionic.

I'm considering a halfling Alchemist.  Guess what her career is. :P

I hope there will be some flexibility with alchemic fun, at least something along the lines of, "Roll Craft: Alchemy to make an aphrodisiac."

Rune

Katrina - Love potions, polymorph potions, potions of suggestion... lots of opportunity there for fun.

Halfling erotic 'fun' isn't really my cup o' tea, but we can see if we can find you a partner.

Marie - Instead of a 'Lurk' how about a inquisitor with the religious overtones filed off. I haven't reviewed the new feats close enough yet, but there may be one that that will give a psionic feel to your magic.

Quote from: Katina Tarask on August 07, 2010, 11:41:38 AM
Marie: This is a Pathfinder game, not a 3.5 game.

Rune: Lurk is a 3.5 class from Complete Psionic.

I'm considering a halfling Alchemist.  Guess what her career is. :P

I hope there will be some flexibility with alchemic fun, at least something along the lines of, "Roll Craft: Alchemy to make an aphrodisiac."

RubySlippers

Name: Lisbeth
http://fantasti.cc/user/noyesno/images/image/890071
Class: Fighter
Plus any special notes, ie are you under a curse, etc.:

Geeklet

Contemplating a Female Human Artificer. Bit of an odd duck that has more of a steampunk appearance than traditional fantasy.

Rune

Since it  looks like we have mostly females signing up, there is no way I will be able to please all of you. Would anyone like to help as a co-dm?

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Rune on August 07, 2010, 02:08:00 PM
Since it  looks like we have mostly females signing up, there is no way I will be able to please all of you. Would anyone like to help as a co-dm?
I do believe most of us roleplay bi anyways, so that shouldn't be a big deal.  I do, Ixy does, Ruby... well, just look at her avie.  And I should think most of the guys running female characters would be happy to go both ways.  Having an (almost) all-female party shouldn't be any more problematic than a mixed party.

Ixy

Yeah, speaking of which, I'd love to write with you again.  *gets all glassy eyed for a minute and wanders away*

Katina Tarask

Oh, yes.  Senna was left in quite a state.  Then again, there are worse fates than being left in limbo in an eternal state of "almost there."

Ixy

I hate that.  Maybe with a whole city to create in fiction, and the new lease on life I've gotten lately, we won't be interrupted by outside forces this time?

Katina Tarask

Hopefully not.  Then again, I recently graduated and plan on joining the military, so in the coming months, there will be some significant outside forces that at least slow things down for me.  I probably won't be able to ship out until at least April, though.

JerichoMyers

I'm confused and interested, but could come one give me an idea about what Pathfinder is?

Katina Tarask

Quote from: JerichoMyers on August 07, 2010, 03:32:37 PM
I'm confused and interested, but could come one give me an idea about what Pathfinder is?
Do you play Dungeons and Dragons?  Same deal.  It's a game system.

Rune

Pathfinder is very, very simplar to dnd 3.5. A couple things were refined. Character classes were tweaked, etc. If you don't have the rules, I can help walk you through any changes. Basic character concepts remain the same tho.

Ixy

Don't be nervous about learning Pathfinder.  It's easy to play, and there are free resources online to help you make a character.

People on this site will gladly help you with rules and characters if you'd like. 

To take a look at the rules, check out d20pfsrd.com

Keelan

Hm... showing interest, and it would be yet another female, and a lesbian so that doesn't matter much with the rest of the given crowd ^_^

Was thinking Ranger or Barbarian, but for the latter I wouldn't be part of the 'barbaric horde' or whatnot; I define a barbarian as the flipside of the warrior coin with Fighter on the other side.  Fighters learn to fight through martial prowess, years of study and training, and oft-practiced technique, while Barbarians fight through passion, experience, and sheer force of will and audacity.

If anyone is an anime familiar, think Guts from Berserk as a Barbarian type I'd be playing, with the way he fights.

Rune

Quote from: Keelan on August 07, 2010, 04:13:42 PM

If anyone is an anime familiar, think Guts from Berserk as a Barbarian type I'd be playing, with the way he fights.

I played the video game but missed most of the anime. Was he as grim in the anime?

JerichoMyers

Oh, I think I get the gist of things with this. Could I be a Goblin Alchemists/Novice Mage?

Keelan

Quote from: Rune on August 07, 2010, 04:22:25 PM
I played the video game but missed most of the anime. Was he as grim in the anime?
Not sure about the game, but regarding the anime I'm talking more his combat style and methods to combat and less so his personality.  If you saw enough, the white-haired guy is a good representation of the warrior, using smaller weapons and technique instead of Guts who uses pure strength and willpower.

To clarify, the difference is in their methods: a fighter uses more equipment (fluff-wise, not necessarily mechanically or ICly) to give him an edge, uses techniques he's studied to thwart his opponent's own style and techniques, and generally fights like a knight or another sort of tactically inclined fighter.  Barbarians use their own raw abilities (fluff-wise and mechanically, also likely ICly) to give them that edge, overwhelm's their opponent with force instead of strategy, and fights through raw emotion flooding them and influencing their actions.  Essentially, it's Fighter as a warrior through practice and training, and Barbarian as warrior through passion and power.

JerichoMyers

Name: Dennis Rapture
Class: Druid

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Rune on August 07, 2010, 04:22:25 PMI played the video game but missed most of the anime. Was he as grim in the anime?
The anime was an abomination against the manga.

(Well, okay, it wasn't horrible, but it was pretty bad and most of the monsters really lose their punch and become outright silly with the poor animation.)

The manga is perhaps the bleakest and most spectacular example of gritty high fantasy ever.  And yes, Guts is grim.  If anything, it gets worse.  (And then it gets better.  A bit.  But it's not over yet; the manga's still going.)
Quote from: Keelan on August 07, 2010, 04:13:42 PMWas thinking Ranger or Barbarian, but for the latter I wouldn't be part of the 'barbaric horde' or whatnot; I define a barbarian as the flipside of the warrior coin with Fighter on the other side.  Fighters learn to fight through martial prowess, years of study and training, and oft-practiced technique, while Barbarians fight through passion, experience, and sheer force of will and audacity.

And here, I consider Guts to be the quintessential Fighter for exactly the reasons you lay out.
Quote from: JerichoMyers on August 07, 2010, 04:58:56 PMClass: Novice Shapshifter
There is no such class and shapeshifting tends to be in short supply at level 1.  Get together with someone to walk you through the rules before making a hard, fast character concept.

Classes are something that are already in existence and set, then you choose from those.  'Tis the nature of the game.

JerichoMyers

So umm..... no joining until I read everything? Alright, gum drops. -Leaves to find a place to research-

Keelan

Quote from: Katina Tarask on August 07, 2010, 05:11:23 PMAnd here, I consider Guts to be the quintessential Fighter for exactly the reasons you lay out.
Hm... you do have a point now that I think about it (and yes, anime sucks, and I've basically stopped with the manga entirely).  I'd think of a better example, but it would matter little and I'd rather not have the thread break out into a discussion on what class Guts was/is... I'll post a concept when I decide on it.

Katina Tarask

Quote from: JerichoMyers on August 07, 2010, 05:13:30 PMSo umm..... no joining until I read everything? Alright, gum drops. -Leaves to find a place to research-
Well, no need to read everything, or to do it on your own, but you should get together with someone who knows the game already to help you out.  It'll be far more streamlined, because it's a daunting stack to go through (and the SRD isn't exactly organized to help you get started).  Do you have any sort of instant messenger?
Quote from: Keelan on August 07, 2010, 05:16:19 PMHm... you do have a point now that I think about it (and yes, anime sucks, and I've basically stopped with the manga entirely).  I'd think of a better example, but it would matter little and I'd rather not have the thread break out into a discussion on what class Guts was/is... I'll post a concept when I decide on it.
Eh, you're not really missing out.  The quality's still high, but both the storyline and the release schedule are so agonizingly slow that it gets very frustrating.  Which is a shame, really, particularly since there's a real risk of the author dying before he finishes the series.

RubySlippers

My character I will note will not support either side she is in the fight for commonfolk, although I did change her order to the Order of the Sword, so if a barbarian village was under attack and the women and children threatened she would be there sword aiding them assuming I knew the attackers were going to abuse the non-combatants the women, children and old and sick. If the opposite was true she would defend the community if barbarians went to far.

An example lets say Barbarian and City armies squared off she would likely form the militia and what men and women who actually could fight into an army to defend the commoners homes after the two armies were done, to be sure they didn't abuse the farmers and villages. She would simply stay out of the fight since if its army to army its not her issue its what they do the commoners after that is the issue. If the remaining army behaved then she would stay out of it. Naturally talking to both leaders as to her intent under a white flag and all.

Katina Tarask

Name: Professor Celcia Carmichael
Race: Half-Elf or Human
Class: Alchemist
Special Note:
*Professor Celcia works as a professor of medicine and alchemy at the city's magic academy and runs a small apothecary to sell various medicines part-time on school grounds.
*This apothecary doubles as a front for slightly less legal goods.  Nothing dangerous like lethal poisons, but she does provide various love and lust potions, sleeping potions far more powerful than one would need for personal use, elixirs to put the drinker into a suggestive state or sap their strength, and any number of products that are most likely to be used for less-than-legitimae ends.
*Celcia deliberately stays ignorant of the less-than-legal dealings of many of her clients and even those of her close friends whom she knows through her side business.  Her clients are more than happy to oblige her desire for ignorance.
*The good professor is rather self-centered, and is both hedonist and an aesthete.
*Despite this, she cares deeply for her students.  Sometimes too deeply, but she has yet to act on this.  (If anyone wants to be a student, it could be fun~)
*Celecia has no qualms about using her various elixirs to "convince" people to give her what she wants if necessary.

Mechanical stuff:
*Can I take Ability Focus for potions Celecia crafts?  If so, assuming 19 intelligence, a Charm Person potion she makes would have a will save DC of 17 instead of 15.

*The Pathfinder crafting rules require a skill check to make a magic item.  For potions, I can use Craft (Alchemy).  The DC is 5+Caster Level, so, say, a 1st-level healing potion would be DC6.  However, the rules allow a crafter to forgo any one prerequisite (save for caster level) by increasing the DC by 5.  I interpret this as meaning my Alchemist can make potions of pretty much any spell, even if she can't cast it, though the DC to make, say, a CL1 Charm Person potion would be 11.  Which is good, since the very limited formula list would otherwise make an alchemist worse at making potions than a Wizard.  Sound fair?

*Do we get a trait?  Hedge Magician would be nice.

*I'd like to add a Reverse Gender spell/effect for potions.  Perhaps a 1st-level spell that works for either an hour per level or a flat 24 hours, fortitude negates.  And perhaps there's a 3rd-level version that's permanent (fortitude still negates), for when Celecia levels up.

*Do we roll for starting wealth or just take maximum?  Same with HP.

Brandon

I was kind of debating back and forth about it but Im interested. It would be nice to play a game beside running the savage isle. Not exactly sure what Ill play but Im feeling something roguish. Maybe an assassin in the making, or failing that I still havnt gotten to play my possessed amazon
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Ironwolf85

I could sign up, most of my other rp's are kinda calming down...
maybe a civilized warrior of some kind...
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Marie Reynolds

its easy to convert 3.5 classes to pathfinder i have done it before. and  the class is in complete psionic handbook. So im willing to take on the extra work.

Rune

OK. I will try to get an OOC thrad set up this afternoon. Anyone have any ideas for the name of our city?

Rune

Someone PM'd me with the name Stormhaven as our city name. I wll be creating a character thread in the small goups, exotic, NC area. Go ahead and post your character stats there!

Katina Tarask

Um...
Quote from: Katina Tarask on August 07, 2010, 10:08:35 PM
Mechanical stuff:
*Can I take Ability Focus for potions Celecia crafts?  If so, assuming 19 intelligence, a Charm Person potion she makes would have a will save DC of 17 instead of 15.

*The Pathfinder crafting rules require a skill check to make a magic item.  For potions, I can use Craft (Alchemy).  The DC is 5+Caster Level, so, say, a 1st-level healing potion would be DC6.  However, the rules allow a crafter to forgo any one prerequisite (save for caster level) by increasing the DC by 5.  I interpret this as meaning my Alchemist can make potions of pretty much any spell, even if she can't cast it, though the DC to make, say, a CL1 Charm Person potion would be 11.  Which is good, since the very limited formula list would otherwise make an alchemist worse at making potions than a Wizard.  Sound fair?

*Do we get a trait?  Hedge Magician would be nice.

*I'd like to add a Reverse Gender spell/effect for potions.  Perhaps a 1st-level spell that works for either an hour per level or a flat 24 hours, fortitude negates.  And perhaps there's a 3rd-level version that's permanent (fortitude still negates), for when Celecia levels up.

*Do we roll for starting wealth or just take maximum?  Same with HP.

Rune

Quote from: Katina Tarask on August 08, 2010, 11:17:45 AM
Um...

I will have to review the rules on abilty focus. I will be very flexible on potions as long as they are entertaining and aren't used to powergame.

I don't have the rules for traits, but there are several variant character options listed in the advanced players guide that should suit your needs.

Max Hp and starting money is fine.

Katina Tarask

Traits are in the APG.  Page 326.

Short version: A trait's like a flavorful mini-feat that the book suggests granting two of at character creation.

RubySlippers

How are we doing stats?

I know maximum gold, hit points and one minor artifact everyone starts with - ok just kidding on the last one.  ;D

Rune

I will have to read up on traits, but I don't see a problem with it so far.

Generate the stats as you see fit. Personally I like the heroic method. 2d6+6.

Katina Tarask

I despise rolling for stats with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

Would 20-point buy be acceptable?

RubySlippers

I'd prefer to roll standard 4d6 rerolling ones and dropping the lowest die. Is that ok? You can allow two options.

Character will change to, not sure what I'll be running.

Rune

Like I said. I am not particular about how you generate the stats as long as you are happy with the results and you aren't overly unbalanced.

Ixy

Name: Eshi
Race: Half-Elf (Human/Drow)
Class: Bard or Rogue (leaning towards NE, bard class makes sense but is fucking stupid)

Additional notes: Stage-dreams and spotlight fantasies have been crushed again and again for this young woman because of the prejudice she's faced as a half-drow.  She is most comfortable when wearing a mask or veiled from prying eyes by darkness, but she needs to perform-- it brings her great joy to perform, and to some degree she enjoys shocking, terrifying, or arousing her audience.  "Out of character", she's withdrawn, shy, curious and looking for acceptance.  "In character" she has no filter; she would do or say just about anything to make a performance powerful.  She has a mask collection, a blossoming knife fetish... she lives in the cellars of the theater, works taverns by night, and I would LOVE for her to be recruited to an assassin's guild for some time and/or to find a Shadowdancer mentor, lover, or friend.

Brandon

Name:  Kas val Zorst
Class: Fighter with aims for assassin Prestige class later

Theres much work to do but I wanted to get the basics done
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Katina Tarask

Brandon

Good to know, also I was wondering if we allow traits can I have this one? It was originally written for Kingmaker int he Kingmaker players guide (free download btw) so it needs some name changes

Bastard (limited to human characters): One of your
parents was a member of one of the great families of
Brevoy, perhaps even of the line of Rogarvia itself. Yet
you have no substantive proof of your nobility, and you’ve
learned that claiming nobility without evidence makes
you as good as a liar. While you might own a piece of
jewelry, a scrap of once-rich fabric, or an aged confession
of love, none of this directly supports your claim. Thus,
you’ve lived your life in the shadow of nobility, knowing
that you deserve the comforts and esteem of the elite,
even though the contempt of fate brings you nothing
but their scorn. Whether a recent attempt to prove your
heritage has brought down the wrath of a noble family’s
henchmen or you merely seek to prove the worth of the
blood in your veins, you’ve joined an expedition into
the Stolen Lands, hoping to make a name all your own.
You take a –1 penalty on all Charisma-based skill checks
made when dealing with members of Brevic nobility but
gain a +1 trait bonus on Will saves as a result of your
stubbornness and individuality. (The penalty aspect
of this trait is removed if you ever manage to establish
yourself as a true noble.)

Ixy

Currently reviewing, per Katina's suggestion, some features in the Advanced Players' Guide.  If bardic, then I'm considering Sandman or Street Performer.

Rune

Here is an OOC area to discuss plotlines and other ideas. If you have not done so yet, please post your charcter in the character thread as well.

OOC area https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=78512.0

Character thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=78367.0

Rune

I have no problem with this.

Quote from: Brandon on August 09, 2010, 12:12:53 AM
Good to know, also I was wondering if we allow traits can I have this one? It was originally written for Kingmaker int he Kingmaker players guide (free download btw) so it needs some name changes

Bastard (limited to human characters): One of your
parents was a member of one of the great families of
Brevoy, perhaps even of the line of Rogarvia itself. Yet
you have no substantive proof of your nobility, and you’ve
learned that claiming nobility without evidence makes
you as good as a liar. While you might own a piece of
jewelry, a scrap of once-rich fabric, or an aged confession
of love, none of this directly supports your claim. Thus,
you’ve lived your life in the shadow of nobility, knowing
that you deserve the comforts and esteem of the elite,
even though the contempt of fate brings you nothing
but their scorn. Whether a recent attempt to prove your
heritage has brought down the wrath of a noble family’s
henchmen or you merely seek to prove the worth of the
blood in your veins, you’ve joined an expedition into
the Stolen Lands, hoping to make a name all your own.
You take a –1 penalty on all Charisma-based skill checks
made when dealing with members of Brevic nobility but
gain a +1 trait bonus on Will saves as a result of your
stubbornness and individuality. (The penalty aspect
of this trait is removed if you ever manage to establish
yourself as a true noble.)

Callie Del Noire

Name: Callie Del Noire (formerly: Callic Del Noire)
Race: Tiefling (formerly Human)
Class: Sorceress

Born to a lesser noble family that was more merchant than noble, Callic grew up with little or no guidance on how to live his life and would most likely have gotten into more trouble on his own. His mother was charmed by a suave man by the name of Timmon Greylace who offered to take him as a 'squire' and make a gentleman of him. Greylace turned out to be a bigger scoundrel than he had been.
Just a lot more witless than Callic, who spent more than his fair share of time bailing the man out of trouble. Husbands, fathers, and many other male relations wanted the man dead for all sorts of reasons. Mostly dealing with his way making with various female relations. He learned to lie, cheat, bribe and find a man with the right set of keys when needed.
Till the night Timmon drew the ire of one mage over the discovery that his daughter was with child and Timmon was the father. A miscast curse due to a mispronounced word in the spell mixed with using a bit of Callic's blood sent the curse screaming towards the hapless boy. Who woke up to discover the miscast magics had awoken a long sleeping blood heritage of his mother's side of the family. The heritage of a succubi in her family line.

Ironwolf85

I've got a bunch of rp's in the works, mind if I join if one falls through?
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Rune

Ruby
Geeklet
Ivy
Brandon
Ironwolf
Keelan
Jericho

If any of you would like to post your characters in the character thead, we can try to get something started.

Geeklet

Yeah, work has kinda gotten to me the past few days. I'll try and get something done by the weekend.

uoheinrich

Name Oleg Furystorm
Race Ulfen/Human
Occupation Hunter
Class Paladin of Erastil
Gender Male

Just so you know if you want more specifics you can ask me. I've done the Kingmaker adventure path from Pathfinder and I know a lot of the pathfinder world. I do in fact have almost all of the core books. Even traits and background occupations.
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Rune

Excellent! We will be creating our own world as the game progresses, but we are using the rules from the two core books.

Go ahead and post your character in the character section.

On a side note, what would you like to see in the game. Exploration? Battle? Magic? Romance?

So far there are two plots underway. In the first, the Prince Heir has dissappeared. A rescue mission might be in order.

The second plot involves a cursed thief and the exploration of lost magic.

Is there anything you would like to throw into the mix?

Quote from: uoheinrich on August 12, 2010, 03:44:05 PM
Name Oleg Furystorm
Race Ulfen/Human
Occupation Hunter
Class Paladin of Erastil
Gender Male

Just so you know if you want more specifics you can ask me. I've done the Kingmaker adventure path from Pathfinder and I know a lot of the pathfinder world. I do in fact have almost all of the core books. Even traits and background occupations.

uoheinrich

Honestly I think it should be up to the players what happens. If they want romance they should make it happen and so on and so forth.

Where's the character section. And can I use my books? I can send some of them to you but only the small ones. The big ones won't go through.. I've tried....
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Rune

You should see the link about 9 posts back.

I agree about the players having a big say in the scene, but I can help set the scene with location and plot. For example, starting the game in the misdt of a muddy battlefield sets a very different mood than say... a lord's dinner party.

uoheinrich

Very true. FYI I'm used to the table top style so this might be a little difficult to transfer over. Though as the DM you have the ultimate say.

Rune

I tend to be more freeform here than I am on my tabletop games. But I am sure we will find common ground.

PS Thanks for the offer of the books. But if I need them I will buy them. No need to steal intellectual property. Wouldn't want to violate any copyright laws.

Ixy

Basically, with the players involved, we hve the potential to have some great interaction.  But I get the feeling that, without a 'divine' presence by way of a GM, it's going to get really thin really quick.  I personally like the idea of a couple small scale situations-- mini-ventures, really, that won't take more than 1 or 2 days to complete (or botch... botching can be fun).

uoheinrich

lol true. But I didn't steal them. You can buy the PDF's from Paizo.com.

Rune

Quote from: Ixy on August 12, 2010, 04:10:20 PM
Basically, with the players involved, we hve the potential to have some great interaction.  But I get the feeling that, without a 'divine' presence by way of a GM, it's going to get really thin really quick.  I personally like the idea of a couple small scale situations-- mini-ventures, really, that won't take more than 1 or 2 days to complete (or botch... botching can be fun).

1 or 2 days game time or real time?

I was think about starting the game with a dinner party at the house of Lord Rune Blackthorn.

Another alternate start would be on the battlefield where tthe kings forces just clashed with barbarians.

Of course I am open to suggestions as well.

uoheinrich

So is everyone invited to the Dinner Party? Or what's the deal?

RubySlippers

My character is a scoundrel either works, she has no issues "borrowing goods no longer needed" from the dead or attending a party.

Rune

Depends on how you want to begin.

The dinner part could get very interesting quickly (once I :-) have your character sheet)

Or if you want an alternate beginning I could arrange that as well.

uoheinrich

Btw how many points do we have to spend?

Rune

Let's please move this discussion to the OoC area.

(Generate your character as you see fit)

uoheinrich

Rune

Link posted above in the same place you found the link for the character thread.

Ironwolf85

I'm thinking of posting somthing tomorrow... would a living construct be okay... I was thinking somthing like a living marionette

Tagan

Ok, I'm interested.  Let me work up a concept and get back.

Skystomp

Rune, sent you 2 possible idea concepts via PM let me know what you think they're viable in your worldview.
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

Marie Reynolds

My apologies but ill shall be dropping out Thanks for the consideration hope you guys have fun!

Genbu83

Interest check. I just got my own copy of the APG.

Very interested in playing the Arcane Duelist Variant of the Bard.

Hopefully, you need more citizens of this city.