Starship Hermes

Started by justanotherdude, November 25, 2011, 02:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justanotherdude

The Starship Hermes is a colony ship heading deep into new territory to a recently terraformed world, but space travel is dangerous, and colony ships are even more so.  What will happen to the crew and passengers as they travel to their new home?

The ship is designed to land on the planet and become the first city.  It’s modular and will break up into different sections such as the engine will become the power plant, and there are supplies to construct additional buildings in storage.  I am pretty open about what can be on the ship, if you want a hydroponics bay there is one, but it probably isn’t too heavily armed.  It is not a warship by any means.

--------

What I’m looking for:

Profession: Crewmen, Officers, Diplomats, Farmers, Clergy, Cooks, Engineers, and whatever else might be required on the ship.

Species: Humans and anything else you want, but nothing that is too inhuman such that they can’t live in an Earth style eco-system.  Also keep the power of your character at a semi-realistic level; we don’t want a bunch of Kryptonians running around.  This is also Terran Vessel so if you want to be the Captain, you are going to have to have a very compelling reason not to be human.

Also I am probably going to need someone to help me run stories and think up interesting plot twists, maybe more depending on how many people decide to join in.

Character
Name:
Species:
Job:
Skills:
Hobbies/Interest:
Racial Abilities:
Family on Board:
Reason for colonizing:
Personality (A paragraph or two):

Chrystal

Can't deny being interested.

Just a warning, though - I tried running a very similar story earlier this year and it bombed, and I never did work out why.

If you get enough people to make a start, I'll happily be a feline-humanoid, probably the ship's helmswoman or pilot, as such a post would require quick reflexes...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

justanotherdude

Well with big group games one problem is that people tend to drop really early, but those who stay tend to last, so a big group starting out might end up being more of a smaller group game.

Robyn Hood

What is the general theme of the game? What kinds of things were you looking for story wise?

justanotherdude

I'm thinking a number of different things from pirates attacking to engine failures, maybe even some sabotage, I don't want to give away all the ideas I have just yet though.  It will mostly be about the characters and I'll try to make stories that will fit who we have.  I won't do an engine failure if nobody plays an engineer, so on and so forth.

Chrystal

well, it certainly sounds interesting to a point, I just hope we get a nice lot of players. There's nothing worse that putting a lot of effort into a story and only getting eight people interested, four of whom never go beyond expressing that initial interest.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Capone

I'm a bit interested, though I joined another game as it was slowly beginning to die that was like this. I'll have to see who is interested first.