Suggestion: Max. Avatar size in profile options

Started by Cassandra LeMay, March 16, 2015, 11:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassandra LeMay

A question that often gets asked in the shoutbox is the max size for avatar images. people remember that there is a limit but sometimes tend to forget what exactly the dimensions can be. Would it be possible to mention the 150x200 limit somewhere in the user profile where one sets their avatar image?
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Nico

Avatar Rules are explained in the Site Rules everyone confirms to have read upon application. ;)

Edit: And, I just thought of it. Our Mentors send out PMs to their Mentees, not long after approval, and those usually include this information, too.

Beguile's Mistress

There is an area above the avatar in the Forum Profile section with some information regarding that page.  If a line about avatar size could be added it would be helpful.  Or perhaps when an avatar is denied due to size a reminder of 150x200 could be included in the error message.  I know there are several places avatar size is mentioned in various posts, however, for the ones who may change their avatar only once a year or so the search for that information can be frustrating.

Oreo

>_> One can also get a general idea by right clicking and looking at the image properties/info of other avatars. This has the benefit of working on any site.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Nadir

Still, it would be a nice addition - we already mention size limit on the signature.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 16, 2015, 12:01:31 PM
There is an area above the avatar in the Forum Profile section with some information regarding that page.  If a line about avatar size could be added it would be helpful.  Or perhaps when an avatar is denied due to size a reminder of 150x200 could be included in the error message.  I know there are several places avatar size is mentioned in various posts, however, for the ones who may change their avatar only once a year or so the search for that information can be frustrating.

I think this would be nice. Simply so we know the dimensions.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~