All the World's a Stage (F/M stories inside)

Started by letsxflyy, August 30, 2017, 10:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

letsxflyy

Availability: Available :-)

Before I begin, I'd like to say this is a work in progress and will change (A LOT) depending on my availability, interests, and cravings. So keep an eye out!

This thread also contains ideas more centered towards plot, but can easily be changed to have kinkier aspects as well. Just let me know what you'd like and I'm sure we can arrange something ;)

BASIC INFORMATION

Hi, I'm letsxflyy, or Rose if you prefer.

This section is actually going to be exceptionally short since I've outlined my background, writing style, and preferences here. It also serves as an O/O's page.

Please read/skim through this before you contact me about writing together. Thank you!

Addition (1/31/22): I am finally finally finally back to writing after having a hectic schedule for the last few months. My life is still pretty busy, what with work, grad school, and other commitments, but writing is important to me and I will often make time for it. Replies will vary between every day to once every few weeks (I will try to send a notice out if two weeks pass and I am still unable to respond; please feel free to PM me to remind me or ask when I will be replying). Thank you for your understanding!

SETTINGS, FANDOMS AND PAIRINGS

disc: i am open to almost anything really. so long as i am familiar with a fandom or setting, a good plot idea and pairing will convince me to write it. these are just some of my favorites :-)

Settings/Genres
modern fantasy
historical (especially victorian england and major european settings)
medieval fantasy
supernatural/paranormal
slice of life
romance
ancient civilizations (mythologies, etc.)

Fandoms
Game of Thrones
Bridgerton
Supernatural
The Vampire Diaries
Reign
Mortal Instruments
Infernal Devices
The Hunger Games

Pairings
(the ones i'd like to play are underlined. if there is no indication, i am alright with either)
vampire x hunter
vampire x vampire
god x goddess
god(dess) x mortal
angel x demon/fallen angel
angel/demon/fallen x human
princess x prince/nobleman/knight
prince(ss) x commoner/servant
noblility x (see last two)
master x apprentice
daughter x parent's friend
stranger x stranger
teacher x student
boss x employee
shadowhunter x shadowhunter
shadowhunter x downworlder

DETAILED PLOT IDEAS

disc: a few of these have been played out before and usually ended up unfinished so i would really love to do these again with someone else. also, the titles are just ideas. we can come up with new ones if these aren't to your liking.

What is in a Name? - CRAVING!!
   ⁃   A supernatural Romeo and Juliet type story.
Summary
The Alkaevs and [YC's "Family"] have been at each other's throats since the founding of the Americas. They settled on opposite sides of the same small village and as the years went on, the tension between the two clans grew with the population. Of course, it didn't help that they both grew in power as well. The Alkaevs bought out many on-the-rise corporations, both international and domestic, using whatever means necessary to get a hold of a company they deemed worth the effort. Their main source of income, however, was much less... public. Having a hand in the drug trade made it so that the Alkaevs were one of the most powerful families in the world.

Tania, a young vampire when they found her in Bulgaria in the late 1700s, is the only adoptive daughter of the Alkaevs. She was nurtured and taught by the Alkaevs to control the urges and appear more human. Eventually, she was trained to be one of them. Though what exactly is it that she did in service to her family, no one really knew. She was protected, hidden for the most part. Her business would almost always be oversees, never close to home. Her brothers were the ones to take care of everything in the States, unless of course her skills were absolutely needed.

Your family can dabble in whatever you'd like in addition to investing in businesses that the Alkaevs don't get to. They can be arms dealers, hired mercenaries, human traffickers, etc.

Your character is also completely up to you. The attached story starter was taken from the old roleplay another partner and I started but never finished, so while I would like to keep the premise the same, the character, the events, and everything else is open to a completely new setup.

Sample Starter
Tania Alkaev loved the sun. Ever since she found the effects of the sun weren't so terrible on her skin anymore, she spent as much time as she could outside. Some said it was odd for her to withstand the sun so well at the age of 78, but she was grateful she adjusted well to at least one aspect of her transformation. That was almost four hundred years back, when the Alkaev family found her wandering in a killer daze around in Sofia, Bulgaria. They gave her a place to stay, taught her how to control her urges, and eventually considered her one of their own.

She swam to the edge of the lake as soon as she saw her 'brother,' Shade, standing there with a towel. She wrapped it around herself and raised a questioning eyebrow, curious as to why she was being interrupted so early in the morning. Without a word of explanation, she was brought inside to the meeting hall where her father normally conducted business. Her stomach sank.

"Please, sit, Tania. This won't take long," Mikhail began. She sat down, making sure to keep her wet hair off the soft leather seat, and waited for him to continue. She turned around to see if Shade had any idea what this was about, but she found only the door closing silently behind him as he left. "The block party is tonight. Most of the details are squared away, but the McCarthys are doing an awful lot of planning. I need you to talk to the Commissioner in town about a few things," he explained as a list was put in front of her. As she read over it, she had to remind herself not to roll her eyes. Half the list was probably already put in place, so it was unneeded, and the other half would most definitely cause some problems. But she nodded, happy to have an excuse to go into town again.

She made her way to her bedroom on the second floor of the mansion and asked her maid to dry and fix her hair so it was untangled as she did her own makeup. Once all that was done, she carefully picked out a pair of black jeans, a maroon shirt, a leather jacket, and boots. Tania knew she looked young. There was no question about it. But being turned at the age of 18 had its perks from time to time. She checked over herself in the mirror and her striking blue eyes gleamed in approval.

She grabbed her keys from the board by the front door and opened the garage. She walked to the very end where a sleek NCR M16 was waiting for her and smiled. She hopped on the bike, started the engine, and zoomed out of the garage. One click of a button next to the ignition switch and she knew the doors closed behind her. The wind blew her hair wildly behind her, but her eyes never wavered from the road ahead. She only slowed once she hit the highway leading to the more populous area of the town. As told, she parked outside a small café and waited for the Commissioner.

Tania looked around at the small clusters of people walking on the sidewalks, minding their own business. Her throat momentarily contracted and she knew groaned, knowing the signs of hunger. It suddenly hit her that she hadn't properly fed in at least a few days and frowned as she added it to her mental list of things to do.

The Commissioner arrived a few minutes after and she introduced herself as they took a seat. The conversation quickly became a calm debate once they reached details that involved undoing the McCarthys' plan, but she pushed on. That is, until a man walked up and the Commissioner stopped speaking.

"Mr. McCarthy! I'm so terribly sorry I didn't notice you."

She froze and forced herself to look up at the man who interrupted them. One glance at him told her he was Kian. She'd heard all about him from her brother's angry rants and she couldn't imagine that he would be anyone else. He was handsome, sure. But it wasn't just his physical appearance that instantaneously made him attractive to her. He had a sort of confidence in the way he spoke and carried himself that she didn't see in many people outside her own adoptive family.

When he gestured at her and she realized he was redirecting the conversation, her father's warning to steer clear of their rivals at all times came to the forefront of her mind. She stood and smiled kindly at the Commissioner, silently cursing the man beside her for ruining her chance at proving she could negotiate just as well as Shade. "Actually, I really must be going," she stated apologetically. "I hope you'll take a few of these into consideration, Commissioner. My father is not a patient man."

"I'll do what I can, Miss Alkaev," he said distractedly, glancing between her and Kian with a small trace of panic starting to form in his eyes.

The Golden Girl
   ⁃   A Game of Thrones story. Will probably take place away from the happenings of the show/books but it can be incorporated if you'd like.
Summary
House Rowan of Goldengrove have been wealthy merchants for generations, specializing in perfumes and scented oils. They've made a living off selling their products everywhere, especially Dorne and King's Landing. But recently, their funds started to run out. Their lavish lifestyle proved too expensive and their income could no longer make up for their spending.

So when the Lord and Lady Rowan had a daughter, they had an idea. When this girl came of age, she would be wed to a noble family of good standing and a large fortune. She would save them from bankruptcy.
Though she was trained from a young age to look, speak, and act as respectable lady should, there was the unfortunate circumstance of her attitude. Aurelia Rowan grew to be as headstrong as her father and sharp tongued as her mother's mother. She refused to give most young suitors a second look, much less her hand in marriage. Those who did manage to get her to speak to them were often scared off by harsh words that wounded their large egos. Her mother was especially furious, demanding she be more amiable and cordial or keep her mouth shut. Aurelia refused, insisting that she was weeding out the weak willed. One night, on the girl's fifteenth year, she told Aurelia that the family would continue to house and fund her until her nineteenth name day. At that time, her share of their dwindling fortune will go to her younger brothers, boys who were 11 and 12 years her junior. If she was not married, she would be on her own, with nowhere to turn.

Now mere months away from her 19th year, she still has yet to find a husband. She hated what she had to become and longed to make her parents see that she was more than just someone they would sell to a noble family. But still, the threat of destitution looms like a knife over her head.

Sample Starter
The whole journey to Starfall, all Aurelia Rowan could think of was going home. Too many rules, too many restrictions. Already she wasn't allowed to do anything that would risk tarnishing the family name.

As soon as they arrived, they were ushered into a large hall adjoining their rooms and left alone with their things to get settled in. Her parents opened the crates of carefully bottled perfumes and prepared them for a presentation to the lord. Meanwhile, her younger brothers sat at the table, eager to try the food laid out for them. Seeing as she was no longer needed, Aurelia left to go unpack her things in one of the rooms so she could have some time alone.

Not too long after, however, her mother came in and closed the door after her. "Aurelia, will you be alright here while we go see Lord Dayne?" she asked softly, as if the sting her daughter felt at being left behind would be lessened by the volume of her voice.

"Yes, Mother," she responded without so much as turning around.

"And you know to stay here? I can't tell you enough how important our business here is and the wrong slip-"

"I'm not a child, Mother, I can remember perfectly well what you told me on the way here," Aurelia answered, gritting her teeth to keep from saying much more. Her hands tightened on her bags, her knuckles turning white as she kept from voicing her true feelings about being kept away from public eye.

"Very well. We shouldn't be too long." With that, her mother left the room and rejoined the rest of the family as they prepared for an audience with Lord Dayne.

Once they were gone, Aurelia stepped out of her room to look around their temporary home. It wasn't as lavish as their home in the Reach, but it was beautiful. She walked around the hallways, wondering what was hidden behind the closed doors. But no matter it's beauty and mystery, she soon grew bored of the place. She found herself sitting on the balcony overlooking the ocean as she willed time to go by faster.

Then she got an idea.

She hopped out of her chair and all but ran to her room to grab a stole. She quickly wrapped it around her head and made her way out the doors and towards the sandy shores of the beach. The moment her feet touched the cool, wet sand, a smile came to her face.

Not too long or your parents will notice you're gone, chided the voice in her head. She pushed it to the back of her mind as she continued down the long stretch of sand, the water lapping gloriously at her bare feet.

Everlasting
   ⁃   based on the book series Fallen by Lauren Kate
Summary
For centuries, you watched her. You watched as she was born, grew up, and died. Over and over. And still, you loved her.

You see, she was the victim of a curse that originated long ago when you fell from grace. You had forsaken your divine duty for a mortal woman, and she was the one to pay the price. She was destined to be reborn into a new life repeatedly. Sometimes it took decades, sometimes almost a century, and sometimes it took you longer to find her than last time, but she was always there. There were slight differences to her every time - different hair style, different eye color, shorter, taller - but it was always her.

It seemed like the perfect fantasy: live out your days with the love of your life and watch her be reborn only to do so again. Only, this isn't that kind of love story.

In every life, there was an accident. Whether it be a car crash, a bombing in World War II, the guillotine in the French Revolution, a brain tumor, or merely a slip down some steps, she never lived to see her __th [ we will decide this ] birthday. Then she would start over, as if nothing happened, with no recollection of any of the events of her past.

Somehow, though, this time was different. The year is 2019 and she is reborn once more. It was only 17 years ago that she had died from a fire that burned down her house. She'd come back almost immediately. It was too soon. And yet, there she was, standing there on the train, looking exactly the way she did in her first life. And that's when you knew.

This was her last life.

Details
Okay, so there is no starter to this one since I've never actually done this RP before. It's just something that's been brewing in my head for a while.

The details of the story is negotiable. After all, I do want this to have your touch as well, not just mine. For example, your character doesn't have to be a fallen angel. He can be a vampire, a warlock, whatever you want so long as it can explain how he's been living for so long without aging. We can also come up with a different reason for why she keeps dying then coming back as someone new.

This is probably going to be on the longer side, with so many possibilities as to how it'll end up. This can be a story of them trying to break the curse, or trying to survive to her birthday, or just living life to the fullest because they'll never see each other again. It can also start at the very beginning, when the curse was first cast, and follow them throughout her many lives. It all depends on what we come up with!

Falling from Grace
Summary
Female character: Callista Silaerys, an angel, a one-of-a-kind offspring of a heavenly being, daughter of the chief archangel (the head of the protectorate of Celestia - the primary section of Heaven). Her power and potential is unprecedented and unpredictable, but she is innocent and unaware of the human world. Brimming with curiosity, she slips away from her instructor/guardians to explore the Earth, the forbidden realm. She has no concept of sin, vice, temptation or evil.

Male character: A demon of lust, was caught in bed with Lillith by her current mate/lover Lucifer, was banished to Earth as punishment where he currently runs Purgatorio, a boardinghouse for the supernatural, celestials, and the rare mortal able to see them. He also built Dante's, a nightclub for non-mortals to relax, unwind. Both are neutral grounds.

Hell wants to control her to tip the balance in their favor.

Heaven wants her back to maintain the balance.

Her father just wants his child back.

This is where he meets the lost angel.

Details
Possible Themes: temptation, defilement, loss of innocence and virtue

Possible Ways This Could Go:
He falls for her in spite of himself, wants to protect her from Hell and is afraid to approach her father or Heaven on her behalf.
He seduces her and takes her to Hell.
She keeps her identity a secret from him for as long as she can and she falls for him.

Anyway, this can go many ways. I really want to see where we can take this, and if anyone has any ideas we can work through.

NOT-SO-DETAILED PLOT IDEAS

The Princess and the Pauper
Basic Idea
I actually had two ideas for this one (though I would be open to others as well if given the right pitch).
1. The princess is engaged to a prince she has never met, from a land she has never been to. She meets him one day posing as a merchant/peasant/guard but has no idea he is her betrothed.
2. A princess needs to go in hiding because of some threat to her family (kidnapping, bombing, etc.) and she is replaced with a double. While in hiding, she is under the care of a man who has no idea who she is.

Dance for Me
Basic Idea
A man walks into a club one night and is immediately entranced by one of the dancers. They spend some time alone, he becomes a regular customer, they have to decide if there is anything more between them.
This story can actually vary a lot, since I don't have a clear picture of it in my mind. Maybe one or both have issues with drugs, alcohol, abuse, gang violence, etc. or one or both is in a relationship, or really anything. They don't even have to be human. Send me some of your ideas.

Survival 101
Basic Idea
In the distant future, the world is green. Mother Earth grew tired of sitting around and watching humans destroy her beautiful lands. At first, there were storms. Oceans reclaimed the coasts, washing away cities and civilizations. Tornadoes and hurricanes ravished the inlands. And rain. Constant rain. When all of it was done, everyone thought they could finally breathe. But it was only the start.

I'm not really sure how I want this story to go, exactly, so most of this is up for debate. Basically, I want a survival story in which a woman runs away from her camp and its ruthless leaders. She spends some time alone before running into a man, preferably much more capable in the wilderness than she is, who holds some kind of physical power over her, but I do want them to be intellectually matched to some degree.

With a (Fantasy) Twist
based on The Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole

Every few centuries or so, there is a game. Twenty-two people (all young, all from different parts of the world) are to fight to the death. The winner is granted immortality, alive until the start of the next game. You see, long ago, the Gods grew bored. One of these powerful beings had the idea to create a game in which some of them would choose a champion and send them into an arena to battle one another. And so, what started out as simple entertainment became tradition.

Every game starts out with some sort of crisis. The Black Plague, famine, the Spanish Influenza, a solar flare. And each of the players represent a major arcana card in a tarot deck: The Empress, The Fool, The Moon, Death, The Archangel, etc. Each of them had special powers. The Empress controlled all plant life, could generate plants with her blood. The Fool saw all: past, present, and all possible futures. Death could kill with a simple touch. The goal of the game: kill every other card and carry their icon on the back of your hand. Only then would the Earth return to its natural state.

I read all of these books in the last week or so and I. Am. Obsessed. I am in no way looking to recreate the same plot line, but I am looking to explore this idea more. The story can go anywhere. Will two of the cards fall in love and refuse to play? Will a card fall in love with a mortal, fight to win, only to watch their loved ones grow old and die while they stay young until the start of a new game? All of that is up to us.

While Daddy's Away
Basic Idea
A young woman (preferably just turned 18, but if you would prefer her slightly older, I'm open to her being 18-22, or college years) decides it would be easier for her to go to school and work if she also lived at home with her father. Her father, on the other hand, loves having his daughter around but disapproves of her behavior greatly. He was often strict in the years after her mother's passing, refusing to let the girl go out with her friends often or even date. Of course, none of this stopped her from actually doing it. She always found ways around her father's rules. So, when she finds out he is going away on a business trip, she rejoices. She finally didn't have to sneak around and she would have the freedom to do what she wanted to. Unfortunately for her, her father decided he didn't trust her to be on her own for the two weeks he would be gone so he asks a friend of his if she could stay with him. And this is where the fun begins.

This was a story I did in the past with a different partner and it was really interesting, until both of us got too busy to write. In that version, the man she stayed with was a Christian Grey type figure. I'm looking for something similar, though if you have an idea that deviates from this, I would still love to hear it!

Chained - CRAVING!!
Basic Idea
This is pretty similar to a few of the others, but more vague and allows for more room to create a world that's entirely our own.

There are a few ideas for this one:

1. Fantasy: A princess is taken prisoner and she is taken to the king/leader of the group and he has to decide what to do with her. This can be more smutty if desired, but can also develop into romance as well. Possibilities are endless, including enslavement, ransom, forced marriage, etc. For this specific one, I am open to non-con.

2. Supernatural: The daughter of an enemy clan leader is captured and held prisoner. The son and heir of the leader holding her is tasked with making sure she is secured. Characters may be switched so that the guy is captured instead. Can be applied to vampires, werewolves, witches/warlocks, etc. Possibilities: manipulation, romance, running away together, overthrowing one of the clans, etc.

3. A plot I've done before: Once, there were two warring kingdoms. In the throes of battle, one kingdom rose victoriously over the other. In attempt to humiliate the ruling family of the losing kingdom, and to legitimately unify both kingdoms, the only remaining daughter of that family was forced from her home—bound in rope and chain—and brought to the kingdom of _____ where she was given as a "prize" to the eldest son of the royal family.

letsxflyy

Updated: Availability and tweaked a few of the plots

I'm finally back to writing! Send me a message with some of your ideas as well :)