PF-erized Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Started by LisztesFerenc, January 15, 2016, 02:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Just some tidbits on Lyd8ia.

She has thieving skills. Not as good as an actual thief, but she can find and disarm traps and open doors.

She can also do some minor healing by CLW. She's not a magical heavy weight by any means... She has charm person and cure light as her spells and can cast twice a day... plus some useful cantrips.

But, she is a skills monkey with some impressive options, if not great modifiers. It was either con or Int and I went with con... if everyone thinks that the int mod would be better in this case, I can switch them, But she can make any skill roll untrained as if she were trained, so nothing to sneeze at.

On the price question, I'm thinking that the prices were in addition to, Otherwise, it would just be the first enchantment that is difficult and it read like every inchantment would be more difficult. At 3K, +1 is only 1K more, but at +2, it's a non-existant extra for having the better armor. That wouldn't make sense to me.

So, 5K for the first enchantment, 11K for the second, ect... plus the initial material cost of the weapon, as indicated by our illustrious GM.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Zaer Darkwail

However in celestial mithril it specifically says the additional enchant cost does not apply after first time it's enchanted. So it's one time deal. But I think 3,000gp base + 2,000gp for regular enchant cost and then + 3,000gp the tax sounds legit (as weapon after all counts as both silver and good aligned to bypass DR or regeneration abilities). So need shuffle some items around.

Veinexes

I think everything on Greeck should be okay, I didn't roll hp for him yet since I didn't know f you wanted me to use the site roller or some other place like invisible castle, or something else.

Zaer Darkwail

I used E's diceroller for my char HP. Anycase edited my sheet; dropped lenses of eagle sight and took a simple flavor magic item (animated portrait of his spouse in large medallion).

Blinkin

I realized that I made a boo-boo on my sheet. I can't take improvisation as Lydia's INT isn't high enough. So, I'll be looking for another feat.

I'm open to suggestions.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Pockets

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on January 18, 2016, 11:48:38 PM
Pockets – I don’t have access to the Shattered Psyche oracle curse. What does it do exactly?

Making cuts will be hard. So far, party composition-wise we have:

Frontline melee + healing: Paladin/Oracle (Pockets)

Shattered Psyche: Your mind is crowded with dozens of voices, fragmented snippets of your past lives. You take a -2 penalty on all Intelligence-based skill checks, Wisdom based skill checks, and concentration checks. You gain a +4 competence bonus on saving throws made against mind affecting effects. At 5th level, you're immune to charm effects. At 10th level, you're immune to compul-sion effects. At 15th level, you're immune to all mind-affecting effects. Pg. 57 of Valley of the Brain Collectors of the Iron Gods AP.

It's also worth noting that I also have a fairly decent diplomacy (+12)

08/02 - New A/A Update

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 19, 2016, 01:16:26 AM
Your dude has 76 hit points. We'll just have him walk in front.  ;D

Disarm Traps, Barbarian style? ;D

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on January 18, 2016, 11:48:38 PM
  Okay, some minor points for character sheet:
TheGlyphstone – Unless I am missing something, Pass For Human requires you to be elf, half-elf or in special circumstances Halfling, so I don’t think a tiefling could take it.
PhantomPistoleer – Nitpick, but beacon of faith increases CL, not DC.
Zaer Darkwail – Celestial Mithral say – “Weapons made from this special material have an increased market price of 2,000 gp. In addition, adding any magical enhancements to a celestial mithral weapon increases its price by 3,000 gp, and they can only be added by a divine caster of a dwarven deity.”
   I’m not sure how to apply that. I think a +1 weapon would cost 7,000gp. 2k for the material, 2k for enchanting and then +3k for the mithril thing. However I can see how it could be read as the 3k being inclusive of the base enchantment cost (basically making the additional costs 1k), so I would be interested in hearing what you and the other players think of this.
Pockets – I don’t have access to the Shattered Psyche oracle curse. What does it do exactly?

Daaaaang -- that is a really good catch.  I'm actually impressed that you combed over the character sheet like that, GM.

I will amend my sheet to reflect that change, and I've also added background skills.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Blinkin

Have a couple of questions before I'll call Lydia fully complete.

1. I'm leaning heavily toward Acrobatics as her 5th level feat; this will improve her battlefield movement and make her more swashbucklily in how she acts in a fight.

2. I currently have Boots of Striding and Leaping on the equipment list for 5,500 GP. This grants a +10' base movement and a +5 to jumping. What I would like to do is remove the leaping part and just have the striding aspect. Acording to the magical item creation rules, I think that would make the boots 3,000 gp, based upon other skill based items with a +5 bonus that cost 2,500 gp.

2. I would like to include a "Ring of Tumbling" for 2,500 gp. This works just like other rings and items that grant skill bonuses of +5, expect that it is specifically for tumbling.

The net difference is that I trade the jumping for the tumbling skill aspects in Acrobatics and it'll make her fun to watch roll all over the place.

If any of this is a "no" I'm fine with it, but wanted GM approval or refusal on the ideas.

Thanks.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheGlyphstone

Acrobatics? Ew. Get Mobility or something instead. Better protection if you flub a Tumble roll, and there's some nice stuff later on that use it as a prerequisite (Spring Attack and Canny Dodge most prominently).

PaleEnchantress

Oh Dahlings, Can't wait till the DM has a bit more time to communicate with me. We've got a couple characters being talked about. Depends on who he feels fits in best.

I'm trying to work it so I'm indirectly working against the party, likely trying to get them to achieve some goal I can't achieve directly. For me to just jump it at some point and try to start killing people is no fun for anyone. We accept the danger level but no one really wants someone gunning hard to kill them off, and it works both ways. Obvious person trying to kill you all is obvious person that needs to be killed.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheGlyphstone

Cause being a genuine cooperative party member just violates every RP bone in your body. Why does this not surprise me? ;D :D

Zaer Darkwail

Well, he can be cooperative but he now plays sort as assisting GM who runs NPC's who try manipulate our party :P. Or try subtle/clever manner get us killed (instead play a direct party monster killing fodder). It was experimented on in one 5th edition DnD game where one half players played female party members and other side played as monsters (with keen interest raping said party members). Sort arranged PvP scenario with arranged monster teams by GM :P.

TheGlyphstone

Ixy

Rravenloft as a setting would be so much fun, especially all sexed -up.  I have tried to make a rogue that would be of benefit to the missions, linked below. I will add traits and background tonight.  I also have an urge to play a monk in this type of game, if that is an option that suits better.

Mostly I would love to play with interesting characters and horror elements in this setting.  If mechanics arguments will become the main focus then please let me know. On the other hand, I'll gladly cooperate for any mechanics necessary for balance so long as the story is active and moves at a reasonable pace.
Proposed character:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=688997

Blinkin

I was waffling between Mobility and acrobatics. I accept the point about mobility though.

I don't want to piss on anyone cornflakes, but I might as well say it here and hope that the GM and other potential players understand.

I will not play in a game that contains a companion with designs on manipulating or harming his/her companions. Doesn't matter if it's a Co-GM or a simple player. It kills games and disrupts the entire feel of the game to me. It's ok to have characters who disagree and argue... even come to blows, but manipulation or scheming death of companions is just outside what I'm willing to play after creating a character and investing time and creativity for a game.

Just about everyone has seen my 2 inviolable rules.

1. A PC will not harm or cause the death of a companion.
2. A character will never steal from a companion.

I've seen this kill games more times than I care to count and if this is a serious consideration for the game, I would rather know and withdraw before things get started.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheGlyphstone

A co-GM who's just running certain NPCs that already exist in the module is okay...they are there and their job is to presumably be antagonistic. Putting an actual player behind their dialogue and tactical decisions is alright, since it's no different than the actual GM running them. Characters whose concept is to be the Mole within a PC group, not so much (again unless that is an explicitly pre-written NPC of the module, because we are all paranoids SOBs and would never trust them anyways).

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, it's likely Pale just plays NPC's which are part of the module already or other established Ravenloft NPC which could make appearance as GM discretion. So point being is that Pale is not joining up with PC of own but rather run a NPC which would be run by GM anyways. Pale has certain desire to play dark (and some cases gothic/creepy) characthers and many Ravenloft villains or anti-heroes (established NPC's) fit on said role.

TheGlyphstone

Remember that this isn't Ravenloft proper, as in the demiplane. The only characters who'd be showing up are the ones in Barovia, and/or related to Strahd's story.

Blinkin

someone playing an established NPC in the module is, I agree, one thing. That not a PC who has established a position among supposed friends and companions who both trust and support them.

I was speaking of a PC within the party, perhaps I wasn't wholey specific about that and I will apologize for the misunderstanding, if there has been one.

Speaking from a fairly fond memory, I once played with someone who simply loved playing evil characters and causing conflicts within the game. Usually, it was taken well as part of the character's interaction. Things boiled over and split the game up when said player set his character to sell out the party to a group of slavers for gold. After the fact, the character freed the party, but because of the fact that it happened, it pissed off one of the players, who decided that the thief had to die because of the betrayal lost his character in the fight. Overall, the players thought that the event was creative and added to the session, but still lost two players over it. A cautionary tale.

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 20, 2016, 10:56:43 AM
Cause being a genuine cooperative party member just violates every RP bone in your body. Why does this not surprise me? ;D :D

I'm totally working with my party, Dahling. It's just not the same party you're in. I wouldn't be in your group at all.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Phaia on January 20, 2016, 03:54:45 PM
This changed my mind about offering a character concept for this group. I have no desire to not only have the GM controlled MOBs against us but also another PC that might 'jump in and start killing people' have fun.

Phaia

Matter is that Pale is not having a PC but a NPC in use (think him as co-GM who runs few NPC's for us).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Phaia on January 20, 2016, 03:54:45 PM
This changed my mind about offering a character concept for this group. I have no desire to not only have the GM controlled MOBs against us but also another PC that might 'jump in and start killing people' have fun.

Phaia

I'm so glad people pay absolutely no attention to a damn thing I say. My first post about my potential characters was explaining all these great ideas I have about I can play an antagonist without actually confronting the party, especially with violence. I had just got through explaining how well everything meshes happily together. But a lack of reading comprehension is probably a good indicator that Play by post isn't for you.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 20, 2016, 03:58:05 PM
Matter is that Pale is not having a PC but a NPC in use (think him as co-GM who runs few NPC's for us).

That or close to it. Thank you Zaer.  Though now with so many people arguing about problems that don't even exist I wouldn't be surprised if the DM just asks me to stay out.

PS: Zaer watch the pronouns. Im a woman "Think of her". I play gay males, but that doesnt mean i am one. Love you <3

Blinkin

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on January 20, 2016, 04:16:49 PM
I'm so glad people pay absolutely no attention to a damn thing I say. My first post about my potential characters was explaining all these great ideas I have about I can play an antagonist without actually confronting the party, especially with violence. I had just got through explaining how well everything meshes happily together. But a lack of reading comprehension is probably a good indicator that Play by post isn't for you.

I'm so sorry that some of us don't measure up to your high standards of mind-reading and comprehension of the unstated fore I also read your initial post as a suggestion of a PC working from within the party as acharacter working at odds with the PC's and potentially jumping in at some later time to off the characters. The part about being obvious just read to me that it wouldn't be an obvious effort to do so.

If you must be nasty, perhaps you should take more care with your own post so that it's more clear.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

LisztesFerenc

After giving the matter some consideration, whilst the status of a Co-DM would certainly be a better description of what PaleEnchantress is angling for, I feel potentials problems could arise from them having only one character, which would oblige the party to not try and kill the conniving chessmaster as soon as they finish giving their spiel as that would not be fun for them, which I feel should be an equally viable option for the PCs as playing along would be. There may be some "enemy of my enemy" style NPCs in the module, I feel it is import that one course of action with them not be more obvious narrative speaking than another, and the best way to insure this is to have them all controlled by me.

Me and PaleEnchantress had a game concept a while back, and I think it would be best if we resumed that instead of trying to incorporate them here, especially since the Master of Ravenloft doesn't really give his minions too much agency to betray him.