Right to Repair

Started by GloomCookie, April 16, 2023, 06:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humble Scribe

Quote from: GloomCookie on April 18, 2023, 05:30:37 PM
I bought my mom a Brother a few years ago. Highly recommend. Other than connection issues which I think are because of where it is in my house compared to where I am, I've not had any real issue. I'm gonna try moving it this weekend.

I completely agree. It has worked fine and although it and the cartridges are expensive, you replace them far less than for an inkjet, and the quality is much better.
The moving finger writes, and having writ,
Moves on:  nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Ons and Offs

Callie Del Noire

I knew this was going to be bound for the courts when I had to take the car in to get the headlight replaced due to custom screw heads luckily a buddy in my scout troop had pain 45 bucks for the dealer specific set.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 19, 2023, 08:46:56 AM
I knew this was going to be bound for the courts when I had to take the car in to get the headlight replaced due to custom screw heads luckily a buddy in my scout troop had pain 45 bucks for the dealer specific set.

That's BS right there. I've done a lot of my own repairs on vehicles over the years and when manufacturers do things like company specific screws, inconvenient services (like putting the battery in the wheel well) and things like that, it just shows they're anti-consumer. Batteries need to be replaced every few years, and making it more difficult means they're banking on someone not wanting to do it. Grr.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022