New World of Warcraft cinematic for Panderia

Started by Chris Brady, August 16, 2012, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Chen would also kick Po's ass five ways to Sunday.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Aiden on August 17, 2012, 05:21:50 PM

Chen came before Po, Just saying.

Also, I think that is Chen in the video.

I liked Chen back in the day..he's definitely 'Pre-Po.' And I suspect that he might be the one in the video..which means he has dealt with both the Alliance and Horde in the past. And could be understandably reluctant about his people being pulled into the conflict.

TheGlyphstone

It's definitely Chen, there's an in-game achievement for going to the mountaintop depicted in the cutscene in-game and fixing the incense burner that got knocked over, and the achievement text mentions Chen.

BrokenShards

I haven't played WoW since firelands, and sadly mists doesn't look like drawing me back.

The Cinamatic just didn't "do" it for me.
Ready to write when someone requires.

Chris Brady

Actually, I think this is the FIRST Blizzard WoW movie in which actually had some humour in it.

And it's NOT a bad intro movie.  It's good, it's just not...  Great.  After 8 years, and five expansions, I kind of set my expectations rather high.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 17, 2012, 07:31:17 PM
Actually, I think this is the FIRST Blizzard WoW movie in which actually had some humour in it.

And it's NOT a bad intro movie.  It's good, it's just not...  Great.  After 8 years, and five expansions, I kind of set my expectations rather high.

I beg to differ... Unless their goal was to tell the world "our game has become a complete and utter joke and will primarily only appeal to ages 5-15 these days", it was a pretty awful intro movie. In my opinion, anyway. If you want to get me interested in a game... show me something I can at least take half-way seriously. Show me something that makes me go "omgwtf with bbq sauce I HAVE to figure out what's going on!". That intro... doesn't even come close. Again, in my opinion. Lets face it... the cartoony artwork? The nearly 10 year old graphics base? The increasingly simplistic abilities set up and boss fights? Sheer bad-ass factor was really all WoW had going for it anymore, and now they've pretty much shot that in the foot.

I mean really... how are you going to follow freaking Deathwing with pandas? I see the new expansion winning them little more than a couple months with their subscription count "up", then as soon as everyone hits cap, they'll drop like rats abandoning a sinking ship. Which is sad cause for what it was, I really liked WoW until recently =/
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Callie Del Noire

Question is: who do you follow up after what is basically the Titan appointed avatar of thE Earth, deep places and The herald of the great old ones? He was for all intents a major god/ling that took the power of the other aspects to wound enough that a cadre of mortals could kill.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 17, 2012, 08:04:26 PM
Question is: who do you follow up after what is basically the Titan appointed avatar of thE Earth, deep places and The herald of the great old ones? He was for all intents a major god/ling that took the power of the other aspects to wound enough that a cadre of mortals could kill.

Oh I'm not saying it would be easy... If I were the one in control of their story lines, Deathwing would have pretty much been last expansion. That being said, however... Pandas falls dramatically short of all the things they could have done, don't you think?
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on August 17, 2012, 08:09:59 PM
Oh I'm not saying it would be easy... If I were the one in control of their story lines, Deathwing would have pretty much been last expansion. That being said, however... Pandas falls dramatically short of all the things they could have done, don't you think?

Well you still got the Titans, the Great Old Ones..the bugs, the burning legion and more out there.

Revelation

...Can I just say despite everyone saying Pandas=KFP, I got a complete and total Jackie Chan vibe from Chen in that video? That was way less kung fu panda than it was Jackie Chan in his heyday. I'll also say that Warcraft has always had a slightly silly element to me, its done a good job at mixing the humor in with the seriousness as far as the warcraft setting goes. I mean, despite all the badass factor we have... Gnomes with nuclear fusion and chicken guns, with a healthy side order of references to everything under the sun from Legend of Zelda to Touhou. Even in the rather grim Lich king and Cataclysm expansions, WoW has always had its less serious elements. I just can't really wrap my head around how Panda people are bad, but blue space goats, crazy goblins, and cow people native american stereotypes get a pass.

QuoteActually, I think this is the FIRST Blizzard WoW movie in which actually had some humour in it.

Not true. Burning Crusade had humor with the warlock and murlocs, as well as the human mage polymorphing a tauren into a sheep - said sheep beginning to fall Looney Tunes style.

BrokenShards

I still remember when I first played waaaay back in Vanilla, the game seemed huge and left me with the feeling of being part of a community in a giant world. Loot was desirable and fairly unique, and pvp was less of a rush fest.

It could be my rose tinted glasses, but when I came back to Cata it all felt hollow, stats have got out of control, gear is so easy to get, the community-ness of servers has died, (Pug and cross realm raids anyone?).

I dunno, it all seems to have left me missing the past and not enjoying the present. Cata's extreme hand holding put me off for life really.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: BrokenShards on August 17, 2012, 09:42:14 PM
I still remember when I first played waaaay back in Vanilla, the game seemed huge and left me with the feeling of being part of a community in a giant world. Loot was desirable and fairly unique, and pvp was less of a rush fest.

It could be my rose tinted glasses, but when I came back to Cata it all felt hollow, stats have got out of control, gear is so easy to get, the community-ness of servers has died, (Pug and cross realm raids anyone?).

I dunno, it all seems to have left me missing the past and not enjoying the present. Cata's extreme hand holding put me off for life really.

Actually for me it was the last few months.. the guild I'm in. CC.. just went on vacation. We were burned out. We did LFR to get the lower end guys up to spec.. and put up with the abuse of the Cross Realm soloers. The PUG guys are just as rude and annoying as ever.

BrokenShards

Yea in about 2 days my main and alt had both got full tier whatever-they-are-on.

And the amount of abuse you get as a healer on cross realm stuff is bordering on rage uninstalling.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: BrokenShards on August 17, 2012, 09:50:22 PM
Yea in about 2 days my main and alt had both got full tier whatever-they-are-on.

And the amount of abuse you get as a healer on cross realm stuff is bordering on rage uninstalling.

I got two EXCELLENT healers I have to constantly convince they don't suck because they listened to PUG ragers.. there are nights I wish I could reach thorugh the monitors of my system and strangle the tools out there.

BrokenShards

I was a pala healer, the amount of times I was told I was good enough for ZG/ZA when I was main healer Firelands xD

Also being on an RP realm got me a lot of stick from randoms.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: BrokenShards on August 17, 2012, 09:55:38 PM
I was a pala healer, the amount of times I was told I was good enough for ZG/ZA when I was main healer Firelands xD

Also being on an RP realm got me a lot of stick from randoms.

Makes you want to reach through the screen and smack them down. I think that it's always funny to watch some guy spend the entire run trash talking while the rest of us have to fight to keep things going and half the time they die adn blame us no matter what they do that gets them killed.

Had one guy rant for 20 minutes about how it was my fault in the Well of Eternity that he rushed ahead and pulled the demons marching into a portal or something.

BrokenShards

I think my best was getting told I never healed the dps when I spent more mana healing him than the main tank, he got even angrier when my heal monitor told the same story.

I also remember getting raged at for not debuffing things I couldn't debuff or my pala not giving stamina buffs xD

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: BrokenShards on August 17, 2012, 10:03:44 PM
I think my best was getting told I never healed the dps when I spent more mana healing him than the main tank, he got even angrier when my heal monitor told the same story.

I also remember getting raged at for not debuffing things I couldn't debuff or my pala not giving stamina buffs xD

I caught one pugger MDing to the healer.. and considering he was doing 3x the damage I was.. made it hard to tank the heat off thehealer. When I asked why.. he said 'cause she let me die'.

I've also seen tools MD other dps for outdoing them.

BrokenShards

Naturally, or the rogue vanish so all aggro passes to healer.

Bloodied Porcelain

I had to stop running my SPriest because I kept getting bitched at because I refused to be a healer. I've played healers on pretty much every other MMO out there, I was determined not to go heals on WoW. Needless to say, after a while, when I wanted to do something I couldn't solo, I switched back to my lock. Groups are outright abusive, though, so I just generally don't do anything that requires me running with other people. I'd honestly rather get Loremaster again than deal with end game groups.

BrokenShards

They got abusive because of the lack of having to scour your own server, because now it's just some healer they won't ever party again with. In the days where you had to keep a good reputation on your realm, if you were an ass, no one would run with you.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: BrokenShards on August 17, 2012, 10:16:10 PM
They got abusive because of the lack of having to scour your own server, because now it's just some healer they won't ever party again with. In the days where you had to keep a good reputation on your realm, if you were an ass, no one would run with you.

I wish there was a way to negatively flag people. Cause let me tell you.. some guys are askign for it. Kill a boss and when your item doesn't drop.. drop in the middle of a fight..

Bloodied Porcelain

I also feel the need to point out that this has gotten horribly off topic. We should prolly sway back toward talking about the video, not how crappy the player base has become.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on August 17, 2012, 10:33:41 PM
I also feel the need to point out that this has gotten horribly off topic. We should prolly sway back toward talking about the video, not how crappy the player base has become.

True true.. I like the video.. though I have to agree that it doesn't have.. that.. theamic (sp?) quality to it that the other intros have. I think I know who the next big bad might be..

Sargeras the Dark Titan.. I could see encountering him as a 'end of game' sort of expansion.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Sargeras

TheGlyphstone

I'm hoping for Ghostcrawler as the final expansion end boss. Let the game go completely meta.