Assassins Among Us - Rules/Info/OOC

Started by persephone325, October 30, 2013, 05:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

True. I did send out PMs to the people on the interest list. I just don't want to seem pushy by asking people. I just really enjoy running games for people. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

What I meant was if you are doing just 12 people 7 and 5 would work especially with some of the roles which would make it end too quickly. Numbers will have to be adjusted if we are only doing 12 people. I enjoy the games you run. I'll see if I can help out and get people.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 24, 2014, 10:22:48 PM
What I meant was if you are doing just 12 people 7 and 5 would work especially with some of the roles which would make it end too quickly. Numbers will have to be adjusted if we are only doing 12 people. I enjoy the games you run. I'll see if I can help out and get people.

Well I just don't want the game to end too quickly. (Like last time. lol But that was mostly due to me rushing the day/night phases. A problem which won't happen again.)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

Well that wasn't really the problem. It's the numbers that need fixing. For 12 people I'd suggest 9 good guys and 3 bad guys to keep the game from ending too quickly.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 24, 2014, 10:31:55 PM
Well that wasn't really the problem. It's the numbers that need fixing. For 12 people I'd suggest 9 good guys and 3 bad guys to keep the game from ending too quickly.

If we were to do it like that, I could knock out the Assassin Leader role and just keep the Master Marksman, Trainer and Lackey roles. Actually, I'm not too sure the Leader role is needed at all. There always does seem to be some sort of consensus among the bad guys as to who they want to kill.
I don't know.

yugi006

I'm just sayingthat would be for the best and not make the game end too quickly. As for the bad guy roles there should be too many special characters anyways in my opinion cause they don't really need it. Their power to kill every night alone is very powerful.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 24, 2014, 10:40:31 PM
I'm just sayingthat would be for the best and not make the game end too quickly. As for the bad guy roles there should be too many special characters anyways in my opinion cause they don't really need it. Their power to kill every night alone is very powerful.

True. Very true.

So the roles the bad guys would have now, are:

Master Marksman
Assassin Trainer
Devoted Lackey

For this game (since there are 12 people), I'll let the Master Marksman have the option to perform a regular assassination OR use their special ability. If we're just going with three bad guys, then we wouldn't be able to have any "regular assassins".
I don't know.

yugi006

That is the problem with small numbers and the amount of roles you have. But we should wait till the other game ends. To decide on whether or not to go with what we have. You never know. We could have more people interested by the end of the game.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 24, 2014, 10:51:02 PM
That is the problem with small numbers and the amount of roles you have. But we should wait till the other game ends. To decide on whether or not to go with what we have. You never know. We could have more people interested by the end of the game.

Good point. I've just had this up since October, and felt sad when nobody was getting interested. Kind of like how Saffron tried to start the Winter Wonderland game up, but it never got started. :-(

* persephone325 secretly really wants Valerian to join, but doesn't have the courage to ask

XD
I don't know.

yugi006

Yeah it really sucked. Hopefully with the renewed interest in Mafia games people will take interested in this one. You can always ask the people from the Romeo and Juliet one to join. There are some new people there.

* yugi Well you did pm her right?

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 24, 2014, 11:05:09 PM
Yeah it really sucked. Hopefully with the renewed interest in Mafia games people will take interested in this one. You can always ask the people from the Romeo and Juliet one to join. There are some new people there.

* yugi Well you did pm her right?

Again, true. lol Though I think I'll wait until it's over to start shamelessly promoting my game. XD That would be rude of me. Haha

* persephone325 thinks so, but she's a Goddess!! lol
I don't know.

Blythe

yugi006

Quote from: persephone325 on February 24, 2014, 11:09:39 PM
Again, true. lol Though I think I'll wait until it's over to start shamelessly promoting my game. XD That would be rude of me. Haha

* persephone325 thinks so, but she's a Goddess!! lol

Well then perhaps I should promote it for you. Lol.

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on February 24, 2014, 11:10:23 PM
*raises hand* I wouldn't mind trying this out.

Blythe! Welcome aboard! I'm happy you decided to give my game a chance! ^^

Quote from: yugi006 on February 24, 2014, 11:12:46 PM
Well then perhaps I should promote it for you. Lol.

XD Well I wouldn't want you to get in trouble either!! Haha.
I don't know.

Blythe

Quote from: persephone325 on February 24, 2014, 11:13:31 PM
Blythe! Welcome aboard! I'm happy you decided to give my game a chance! ^^

Might take me a bit to get used to it, but it does look cool. I noticed it's not running at the same time as Romeo and Juliet, which did make me want to give it a go. ^^

yugi006

Quote from: persephone325 on February 24, 2014, 11:13:31 PM
XD Well I wouldn't want you to get in trouble either!! Haha.

Now how exactly would I get in trouble?

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on February 24, 2014, 11:16:19 PM
Might take me a bit to get used to it, but it does look cool. I noticed it's not running at the same time as Romeo and Juliet, which did make me want to give it a go. ^^

Yeah. I didn't want people participating in both to get confused by anything. Some mafia games are more complex than others.

Quote from: yugi006 on February 24, 2014, 11:17:01 PM
Now how exactly would I get in trouble?

Umm... I don't know. lol "Shameless promoting of another game"? "Trying to recruit members of one game to join another?" lol
I don't know.

yugi006

Quote from: persephone325 on February 24, 2014, 11:22:57 PM
Umm... I don't know. lol "Shameless promoting of another game"? "Trying to recruit members of one game to join another?" lol

What's wrong with that?

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 24, 2014, 11:58:13 PM
What's wrong with that?

Well, I guess I was thinking of it as someone trying to get people to quit one game to join theirs. But that's not really what we'd be doing. lol
I don't know.

yugi006

Of course not. I would never ask anyone to quit any games.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 25, 2014, 12:10:01 AM
Of course not. I would never ask anyone to quit any games.

I wouldn't either. I've kinda had that happen before, though. So it sucks. >.<
I don't know.

yugi006

Josietta

You can add me into the list if you need more people. 

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

persephone325

Quote from: Josietta on February 25, 2014, 06:22:34 PM
You can add me into the list if you need more people. 

Okey-dokey! But only participate if you want to. I don't want it to seem like I'm begging for people or anything. lol
I don't know.

Josietta

Oh you know me! I love these games! I keep piling them on! hehe... But if someone else needs the spot I am always willing to give up my place for a new player. :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!