News:

Main Menu

Best non-anime cartoon

Started by Armand, October 06, 2012, 06:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Bigglesworth

Arohk

Aww, I always enjoy a good discussion about things I used to love. XD Happy to engage.

Moraline

Quote from: Mr Bigglesworth on October 08, 2012, 06:41:21 PM
Felix the Cat

Didn't someone make an "adult" version of Felix one time?

Of course I already said how much I am a fan of looney tunes but I just had to give special mention to my favorite pairing.

Sam(the sheepdog) and Ralph(the coyote)

Oniya

Quote from: Moraline on October 09, 2012, 08:12:02 AM
Didn't someone make an "adult" version of Felix one time?

You're thinking of Ralph Bakshi's Fritz the Cat
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Moraline

haha.. your right. I almost forgot about that. But I knew it was the same guy that did the old spider-man and rocket robin-hood cartoons.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Arohk on October 08, 2012, 06:43:31 PM
Aww, I always enjoy a good discussion about things I used to love. XD Happy to engage.
I has a sad.  You don't love them anymore?  I love cartoons.  Nearly 40 and I still adore them all.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Arohk

I still love a lot of them. The past tense was mostly for the fact that 90% of them don't actually air any more. :)

Mobius

@Arohk ... wow it is SO rare to find another SATAM fan that ALSO happens to follow the sea3on fan comic too.

Have a favorite character?

“In your life, you meet people. Some you never think about again. Some, you wonder what happened to them. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you. And then there are some you wish you never had to think about again. But you do.” - Unknown

On's and Off's!

Currently NOT taking on new roleplays!

Arohk

Mobius-

I know! I can't even believe there is another person out there who does. XD Well. I can. It wouldn't be going if it didn't have viewers.

I really do love what they did with Snively. And when they had the hooded figure, that was also awesome. But I think Sonic will always be my favorite anyways. XP

Mobius

@Arohk

True, true. hehe.

Yeah Snively has been handled pretty well.... and Naugus as well. (Although I either missed it or they have not revealed yet how he is able to survive being outside of the Void without turning to crystal)

And thank goodness they haven't made Antoine extremely annoying.

I am a bit surprised that they haven't used more of Uncle Chuck yet though. (And Dulcy should never have existed so she can remain MIA... ugh)

OK I am going to quit fangirling here now, lol.

“In your life, you meet people. Some you never think about again. Some, you wonder what happened to them. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you. And then there are some you wish you never had to think about again. But you do.” - Unknown

On's and Off's!

Currently NOT taking on new roleplays!

Arohk

Ohhhh man, Dulcy. You know, I could have been fine with her if it wasn't for her constant annoying voice or clumsiness. I love dragons, after all.

I'll join you in stopping the fangirlism, but it was fun. 8D I admit that I had seen your name around the forums before and wondered if your name came from that universe. I guess I have my answer.

NotoriusBEN

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on October 08, 2012, 05:24:55 PM
Turning 10? According to my mom I'm a 10 year old living in a 33 year old body....

And while on the topic of MTV animation..... Aeon Flux and The Maxx..... 'nuff said.

Oh how could I forget these (even the alien one, The Head?), back when MTV was cool and visionary and still had a slot for playing music videos...
I'll let you all in on a little secret. When The Maxx came out with episodes of girls looking like this:

The young dude I was realized that he *really* liked ladies.

Shjade

Man, that was such a fucking weird show.

Good, but so weird.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on October 10, 2012, 08:08:37 PM
Man, that was such a fucking weird show.

Good, but so weird.

The ending of the show was...  A let down, I remember it right.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

All I remember about the ending is the Maxx on the farm. None of the context.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Vanity Evolved

Hmm, for me...

Adventurer Time. Megas XLR. The recent Thundercats (though, it has a rather anime-ish style to it). I've been meaning to look into Avatar: The Last Airbender, too.

Mr Self Destruct

Cartoon Network's Saturday morning DC Nation hour is pretty decent.  They show the Green Lantern CGI cartoon and the Young Justice show, both of which are quite good.  I've also been enjoying the new Avengers cartoon on one of the Disney channels.  The animation style is reminiscent of Jack Kirby's artistic style, and it tends to avoid getting campy or silly, staying true to the narrative style of the comics.

Does anyone know if Gargoyles in being shown on any network currently?  I loved that show. :)

rick957

Quote from: Chris Brady on October 10, 2012, 09:21:36 PM
The ending of the show was...  A let down, I remember it right.

Interesting response to it.  All I can remember about it is that I was happy with the ending and concluded that the whole show was a smashing success.  And I'm the type of person who is perfectly comfortable with recognizing that a show I adore has turned to shit -- most shows decline at some point, some much worse than others.

Anyway, I thought the Maxx ruled and would recommend it to anyone, including people who don't like cartoons or comic books; I knew people who were like that and still enjoyed it.

Jag

I still watch this one on DVD.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Oneiros

Randomly started watching The Critic last night. It's so dated, but it was a hilarious show in its day.

Katrina

Original Looney Tunes
Scooby Doo
Flintstones 
Jetsons ( I can remember thinking as a kid, it'd be cool to see who you're talking to. And now...you can)

Just to name a few.

Ascia

Mathim

Hands down, Spider-Man The Animated Series (1994).

Ducktales was badass too.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Chris Brady

Quote from: Katrina on October 13, 2012, 11:17:17 AM
Jetsons ( I can remember thinking as a kid, it'd be cool to see who you're talking to. And now...you can)

Give the amount of cool tech that's being worked out there?  Forget flying cars, the Future is Now.

There are contact lenses that are powered by solar energy that can give accurate readings of your health condition, real time.  http://gajitz.com/bionic-vision-cybernetic-lenses-with-heads-up-display/

We've landed on Mars, not once but three times!

The Future is Now.

Mr Self Destruct

Quote from: Ascia on October 13, 2012, 02:47:03 PM
No Tick?

Spoon, baby. =)

The Tick was one of my Saturday morning favorites. :)