Wheel of Time theme [M/M]

Started by Kip, July 28, 2009, 09:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

I thought I'd pitch a Wheel of Time themed RP out there and see what interest I got so.... here goes.

The game would be M/M - Here's a bit of an idea where the game is situated timewise in the world Robert Jordan created and of the characters.

The cleansing of Saidan, the male half of the source, is rumoured throughout the world.  Even those that accept that Rand Al'Thor has managed such a phenomenonal feat find it difficult to shed the instinctive distrust of male channelers.  Those that believe the rumours to be lies spread by darkfriends or worse still react with violence at the mere thought that a male may be able to channel.

One man, Nerin, has only recently been exhibiting signs of being able to touch the One Power.  Scared of his burgeoning abilities, he has hidden them from everyone around him, blaming the resulting wierd events on the wierd weather conditions around, visitors to his town... indeed, anything other than himself.  He felt the immediate change in himself when the Dragon cleaned Saidin and he realised that his life could be forever changed.  He is, at the moment, unsure as to whether he should seek out the group of male channelers everyone says has gathered in support of the Dragon or whether he should strike out on his own.

I'd like to play Nerin.  The role you would play could be one of the canon characters - Rand Al'Thor or Logain (if he joined the Asha'man) - or an original character that Nerin would meet up with at the beginning of his adventures.  The latter opens up a wide range of options as to the character type. 

There'd be a bit of brainstorming involved here plot and character wise so anyone interested would have to want to spend the time on that with me.  Please check my O/Os for information on posting rate and length and all the other stuff you'd normally find there.  If you're interested please PM me with your thoughts!

Kip

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Aestas

I am interested.  However, i shy away from playing canon characters.  I simply do not feel i can match the depth of personality that Robert Jordan put into them.

That being said.  I don't feel i could touch Rand.  However, Logain is a possibility.  Or an OC Asha'man who is out on one of the scouting missions for the Black tower.  OR  another man who is self taught, but much more experienced than Nerin.

Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss details.