Blind Faith: a post-apocalyptic setting (LBGT friendly and Recruiting!)

Started by Cleo4u2, October 25, 2012, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleo4u2

It's a normal day in Texas at McKinney high school, YCs are in class when a new student is introduced, Michael. Michael is blind; sunglasses, cane and all. He heads towards his seat when the teacher instructs and some jackass decides to trip him. He goes down, sprawling on his side, but YCs notice something a little off - he had hesitated before continuing into the offending limb as if he had seen it and chosen to get knocked on his ass. It happens again, this time when someone throws something at him. He looks up, but freezes in place and let's himself be hit. Neither incident bothers him, like he's being buzzed by gnats. YCs, later, introduce themselves to him, maybe to find out what's going on with him or because he's cute. Either way, all pointed questions are left unanswered, but friendship blossoms easily.

It's a week later when Michael's purpose for being at YC's school is discovered. The teachers don't show up for school, neither do several students who are driven by their parents every day, or most of those who take a bus. Those who drive themselves quickly congregate in the quad, milling about in confusion. The radio plays nothing but static, as does to the T.V. There are simply no adults anywhere. Gossip runs rampant as panic builds and some students realize their own parents were lethargic, or hadn't gotten up at all. Only two buses showed up to drop students off. The adults...just didn't get up.

The voices are silenced by a loud bong that reverberates through the small quad. It's the new kid, the blind guy, whispers run through the group, but no one says anything loudly. Michael just has a presence, something that says - no shouts - listen!

"In three days time, anyone over the age of 25 will be dead," Michael says in a calm voice. Silence settles on the students because no one can believe that could be true. "The adults who can will shut down most of the nuclear power plants. Most of them. Five days from now, the gang wars will start. Battles over territory, supplies; kids killing kids." Everyone stares because he sounds so very certain. "Two weeks from now, the first nuclear plant explodes. Anyone still in this city will die of radiation poisoning. If you come with me, if you listen to what I see-"

"You can't see!" someone shouts. The shout is picked up by the group and, for good measure, someone throws a large stone at the blind kids head. He catches it.

"As I was saying," Michael says into the stunned silence. "If you come with me, if you listen to what I see, you will live. If you stay here, you will die. Your other choice, is to leave on your own and then...I will not tell you what becomes of you. We," his sunglass covered face turns in YCs direction and somehow you know he is making eye contact, "will be leaving in one hour from the parking lot. We will not wait so do not be late."

Then he walks away. YCs follow, maybe not right away, but they go before the time limit is up. And thus begins the adventure of their lifetimes. How will they survive? What happens when they reach 25? And how does Michael know so much? How does he see?

I've already got some interest in this, but will need a few more people before I start anything. There will be same sex interactions, so if this bothers you, please don't offer to join. The story will center around our characters being lead by Michael west and will start as everyone heads to the parking lot. Please leave a reply with any questions or if you're interested.

Character requirements are as follows, anything else goes:

• 16 to 22 years old
  • A useful skill: Basic medical training, gun training, farming, tailoring, etc. Michael chose this group of people for a reason. Note: Many things can be considered a useful skill, like musical talent, that aren't readily assumed. If you have a good reason for it, I'll allow it

EDIT 1:

So since I've had a little bit of interest, I'm posting up a character sheet. Feel free to post them up and I'll approve them. I'm going to start this after two or three days so long as we have a minimum of five characters (including my own). I'm also looking for a name for this, so any ideas are welcome.

Character Sheet

[u][b]Character Sheet[/b][/u]

[b]Username[/b]: 
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Sexuality[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]History[/b]:
[b]Skills/Hobbies[/b]:
[b]How he/she met Michael[/b]: (This is for my use, but will hopefully establish feelings towards him as well)
[b]Additional Notes[/b]: (Include anything you want here, including any plot ideas you might have regarding your character or things you'd like to see them do)
[b]Starting Gear[/b]: (anything of note that you'd like your character to start out with)

Edit 3:

We're up and running!

Blind Faith: The Journey

Blind Faith: IC/OOC and Character Sheets

Blind Faith: The Convoy

Blind Faith: Before the End

Edit 4:

Edit 2 is no longer valid and has been removed. We are looking for all characters at the moment, but getting a little heavy on girls (though they're all bi or "might be bi" so it's not a big deal).

Also, characters are now open to school characters who can post by 11/3/2012. After that, you may be any age and from McKinney High, but you did not leave with the original group. Since this is the case, please add:

How you wish to join the Journey in place of How he/she met Michael.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

Crowe

Suiko

I think I'm maybe possibly interested! My muse will ponder ^^;
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Branwen

What an intense idea!  Messiah, mass die off of population, the break down of infrastructure and social contract.  I bet there won't even be any ice cream left.  The horror!

I'd like to audition when the game gathers enough momentum, please.

SablePaladin

I'd be interested in this. Could be some pretty intense action as well as drama/character development. My character would probably be something along the lines of a 17 yr-old rancher's daughter. Knows how to handle animals (horses could be good transport if EMP from nuclear power plant explosions take out electronics). She'd also have some experience with guns. Nothing military, but a good shot.
Corrupt.
----------------
O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116344.0 - Modified 10-24-12.
Feel free to send me PMs with RP ideas!

Cleo4u2

SablePaladin: That sounds great. There's more than just that use for it as well since gas isn't going to be a lasting commodity. Plus, if they manage to get their hands on any other kind of live stock no one would know what to do with them.

Branwen: I don't quite know what an audition is? I'm used to group RPs that accept or reject applications, so if that's what you mean, than it also sounds great. I figure there will be plenty of survivors along their road west.

Note to everyone: I added the character sheet template, so feel free to get any characters in if you want. I'm going to give it at least a few days up here before I start the game, but want to inspire those interested as much as possible in the mean time.

Character Sheet

Username:  Cleo4u2
Character Name: Michael Sandalphon
Height: 5' 9"
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Appearance: Constantly seen in sunglasses, Michael is blind, yet carries himself gracefully. He is always neatly dressed and smiling, a cane in hand that is supposed to help guide his way. Beneath his glasses, his eyes are unique and why he always keeps the shielding lenses on. Blue, like the sky, the iris looks to have been shattered like a glass mirror.
Sexuality: Bi
Personality: Quite, but cheerful. There always seems to be something he's not saying.
History: No one is sure where Michael came from. He showed up at McKinney High and is now offering the students there their lives.
Skills/Hobbies: Seer
How he/she met Michael: N/A
Additional Notes:
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

TheHangedOne

Character Sheet

Username:  TheHangedMan
Character Name: Jack Harth
Height: 5'9
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Large; not fat, but broad-shouldered, with thick arms and powerful legs.  Has grown out a rather rugged looking beard, and has shoulder length hair. 
Sexuality:  Straight
Personality: Taciturn. Even among the freaks and geeks of the school, a clique he's been shoehorned into (not without just cause), he has not been a very communicative person. Strong sense of morality, and judgmental. Somewhat shunned.
History: Born to abusive parents,  Jack's family name, Harth, actually comes from his adopted family. He does not know much of what transpired before he turned thirteen, but some times, he thinks he sees the truth in his nightmares.

He was bullied and harassed constantly through middle school, which served to further alienate him from others of his age. He filled his time, though, with both reading and writing, and developed a voracious appetite for books.

The summer between the end of middle school and the beginning of high school saw him take his anger towards those who abused him and use it to fuel an exercise and diet regimen that helped him to bulk up; a well placed growth spurt helped, too.

Ever since the high school years started, the bullies that once targeted him made it a point to avoid him; because now the hunters were watched.  He made it a point, through fist and word, to communicate his dissatisfaction with their life choices; often times, his philosophical advice went unheeded, but a good bashing to the head was hard to misunderstand.

Though he did get in trouble, at times, for his conduct, disciplinary actions taken against him were often very little; he got along well with his teachers and staff, whom valued his maturity and intellect, and whom he could respect for possessing those same virtues; and above and beyond that, the fact remains that those who reported being attacked by him were well known trouble makers and bullies.  Possibly, the staff was even a little happy that the more violent offenders were being curbed.

However, where once he isolated himself out of fear of being harmed, he found himself becoming isolated; exactly because he was misunderstood, but feared.
Skills/Hobbies:  Science, mathematics, philosophy, religion, cooking, knife fighting.
How he/she met Michael: Met him during the first day Michael transferred in. After seeing how he got treated in class, Jack seemed to make it a point to hang around him. He made very little conversation, and often times, was not directly around Michael; more like stalking. But whenever someone acted up and hassled Michael, Jack found them and made it clear to them that that sort of bullshit was not going to be tolerated, with a combination of words (mostly colorful threats with a dash of pontification), and physical action to back it up (Jack has wrapped his hands around the throats of more than one student in his time). If pressed for an explanation for why he would do such a thing, it's because he "does not tolerate bullies" and "the only way you can talk to people like that is with their own language; violence".
Additional Notes: Jack is something of a truly eclectic person. One part warrior-poet, one part philosopher king. He also has been an emancipated teen since he was 17, and works part time at a bookstore. Drives a motorcycle, and possesses a full suit of biker armor.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Gekido

Character Sheet

Username:  Gekido
Character Name: Lance Maxwell
Height: 6’00”
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Appearance:

Sexuality: Straight
Personality: He is a good guy overall, she is almost always alone however when he is on a group he tends to voice his opinion. He doesn’t like bullying or people who bullies other without a reason. He is the type of guy that you can trust with your deepest darkest secrets and he would keep them. He tends to not trust a person right off the start however he can slowly trust others.
History: He was raised in Texas, however he was born in Seattle. Ever since he was little he was obsessed with physical training and sports. He became a jock at the school as soon as he can being the leader of the basketball team. He knew how to defend himself as well since his father gave him self defense classes since he was an instructor on the city. Lance always loved both of his parents and always respected them, he is usually a calm guy and has quite a lot of friends but likes to spend his time alone.

As he grew up on the school he started to focus more and more on self defense finding it to be something he enjoyed. Quitting the basketball team he remained a local celebrity of sorts since he often times got into fights for defending bullied people. He always believed in the supernatural and on the strange so he believed the blind guy right away knowing that he must had seen something to be that specific. 
Skills/Hobbies: Self Defense, Hand to hand combat, Running, Swimming and Cooking.
How he/she met Michael: Defended him a couple of times from bullies outside the school.
Additional Notes: Would like to see my character get involved with a couple of female students. He is always shy around woman so I would like him to be involved with some girls sooner or later.

Crowe

Character Sheet

Username: Crowe
Character Name: Billy Wilson
Height: 5'10"
Eyes: Green
Appearance: Pretty boy, more on the slim/toned side
Sexuality: Bi
Personality: As class president, he's social, charismatic and confident. While he is friendly towards others, he reveals little about his true feelings. He's like an open book with many missing pages.
History: Billy comes from divorced parents. His father was a wealthy businessman with a membership into an exclusive country club. His mother was a model who came from more humble beginnings. Both of them were too busy to pay much attention to Billy, who learned early that money mattered more than most things.

He had been studying at a private school for boys, but after an incident there, which eventually ended his parents' marriage, he was pulled out of the school and temporarily transferred to McKinney Highschool. He was first in archery class, but was forced to abandon that with the transfer since the new school doesn't have an archery club. It didn't take long for charismatic Billy to become class president and help organize quite a few school events.

He is sometimes seen as a playboy, which he simply laughs at. He can be flirty sometimes, with girls and some boys as well, so the rumor mill is filler with stories about him being promiscuous, whether its true or not. He has been linked to some of the most popular girls, to even a teacher at some point, but he never confirms any of it, instead dispelling them as just rumors. And because he is generally nice to others, he is liked by many.

Billy is very organized and put together, always having some sort of routine. The strange events that are currently taking place will throw his carefully laid out routine upside down.

Skills/Hobbies: Economics, Archery
How he/she met Michael: He met Michael when the blind boy arrived at school, welcoming him briefly.
Additional Notes: He doesn't fully believe in Michael's gift, but because his prediction did come to pass, he's going along with it for now, curious to see what else he gets right.

Cleo4u2

Jeeze, the bullies at this school must have been pretty awful to stand up to both of you and still keep going! <3

I would like everyone to think about setting up prior relationships to the plague and meeting Michael, so feel free to ask here for best friend, friends, frienemies, and/or rivals. You might inspire someone to create a character, though this is in no way required.

On another note: If you don't like or would like to change anything about Michael's reactions to your character, please send me a PM and we can discuss it. I want to bolster every individual's interaction in the story, which is why I'm doing this, so we can try to create a story where every character is important to the group's survival. Michael is just a guide, everything else will be up to the group.

TheHangedMan: I love him and have just one question....what is biker armor?

Michael's reaction to Jack's defense initially was to introduce himself officially. He did ask why Jack was helping him and smiled afterward as if he already knew. Every other time he was around, Michael seemed to know, but wasn't bothered and seemed to welcome his presence.

Gekido: Lance is great, especially those pictures. *fans self* I'm hoping we get some more girls wanting to play soon.

After Lance saved Michael from bullies after school, he would get the impression that the blind man had left school and kept up with Lance on purpose. An explanation of whether he knew he would only be safe with Lance or if there was another reason isn't offered.

Crowe: *tackle hugs* He is too cute. I may just have to steal that picture. I have a question for you, too - Why would the other students consider him a playboy? Did the rumor just start or did it have a basis?

When Billy and Michael met, it wasn't anything to remember, but a few days later a flyer would be dropped into Billy's locker about a local archery competition that was to take place the day the plague struck, just after school.

Suiko

Damn I'm so behind. Need to make someone!
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Cleo4u2

Quote from: Angel Eros on October 26, 2012, 09:47:48 AM
Damn I'm so behind. Need to make someone!

<3 There's no rush. I'm not going to start the rp until Sunday in a how to get more players between now and then

TheHangedOne

Biker armor is stuff that people wear when riding a dirt bike or motorcycle (well, not everyone, by far, but they ought to), and which is designed to, in the event of a crash, keep your bones from breaking, and to keep your skin from being ripped off of your body as you go careening along the ground. Typically, it's soft leather with hard leather and plastic inserts.  That kind of stuff can take a serious beating and keep the wearer safe.

This is an example of the stuff, and, if you're cool with him being a (relatively) heavily armored guy, then it's what I'd like him to start play with. Do note, of course, that's really only going to keep him safe from some forms of melee combat; a bow, crossbow, or bullet will punch right through it without too much difficulty.

Armored pants, as well as gloves, and a helmet on top of it all.
Check out my poet tree!

Crowe

Excellent question, Cleo, I forgot to add that in the profile. He can be flirty sometimes, with girls and some boys as well, so the rumor mill is filler with stories about him being promiscuous, whether its true or not. He has been linked to some of the most popular girls, to even a teacher at some point, but he never confirms any of it, instead dispelling them as just rumors.

As far as relationships with other characters, I'd say he knows most of them since he is class president. He'd probably be more familiar with Lance, since they are higher up in the school hierarchy. But he has knowledge of Jack's fighting, as it has been brought to his attention before. Since Michael is fairly knew, he doesn't know much about him, but he's nice to him all the same.

TheHangedOne

Speaking of relationships, I get the impression that not too many will be more than vaguely aware of Jack; mostly, just the rumors or having seen him get in the fights.  I could see him getting along well with Lance, though, since they have similar tendencies.
Check out my poet tree!

Rage

You have my interest.

I'll get to work on a Sheet after work ^-^
In a restaurant.
"Would you like a table?"
"Nope, I want to eat on the floor... Carpet for five, please"

Cleo4u2

The more I'm thinking about Jack and Lance fighting off bullies, I'm coming to the conclusion that bullying was a big problem at this school, possibly by a gang or something organized. So if anyone wants to run with that in the initial group of characters, feel free since it would add an interesting dynamic to the group.

TheHangedMan: That's fine. I'm sure it'll be plenty intimidating for outsiders as well. Would he wear it every day, or just when going to a dirt track to ride? Also, I'm sure those he has championed are very aware of him, though might be too intimidated by their experiences to talk with him much. Same with those he was fighting. Not famous, or popular, but infamous. That's just my opinion, though.

Crowe: Mm, naughty boy sleeping with teachers. Tsk tsk.

Rage: Glad to have you! I'm looking forward to what you post.

Suiko

I realise now I'm far too picky with character pictures. Might take a while Cleo ♡
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on October 26, 2012, 11:34:47 AM
TheHangedMan: That's fine. I'm sure it'll be plenty intimidating for outsiders as well. Would he wear it every day, or just when going to a dirt track to ride? Also, I'm sure those he has championed are very aware of him, though might be too intimidated by their experiences to talk with him much. Same with those he was fighting. Not famous, or popular, but infamous. That's just my opinion, though.

Since he rides his motorcycle (A Dyna Wide glide), and to work, and just about anywhere, he's always got his armor on. He wears it because if he ever got in an accident, that armor will make sure he can walk away from it (in theory, at least).

Also, it makes sense for him to be infamous, since he's not someone that ever justifies his actions, except to those who ask him about it (like Michael); because nobody really knows his underlying motivations, it's easy to just see him as a violent outcast.

Edit: Added a picture to my character sheet. It's him, riding on his beloved chopper.
Check out my poet tree!

Crowe

Hehe :D

I wanted to create someone new and slightly different from other characters I've done before. I'm pretty happy with this one ;D

minerva7790

Sounds interesting! Give me a while to get my character sheet up. ;)
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Blonde

Without being all cliche, can I make an English student? Just cause it'd be easier for me playing an English girl who doesn't really know the country.
On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

Cleo4u2

Blonde: Yeah, a transfer student from England would be perfectly fine.

minerva7790: Sounds great! I'll be looking forward to your post :)

Crowe: You look like you did a good job at that

Angel Eros: No worries. If you want to post without a picture at first that'll be okay. I figure if you want to establish a relationship it'll be best to post sooner.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Crowe on October 26, 2012, 10:26:25 AM

But he has knowledge of Jack's fighting, as it has been brought to his attention before.

Makes sense to me. Do we want to say that Billy knows why Jack fights?
Check out my poet tree!

Crowe

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 26, 2012, 12:33:44 PM
Makes sense to me. Do we want to say that Billy knows why Jack fights?

Yeah, most likely he knows the guys were bullies, so most of the time Billy just turns a blind eye towards that and doesn't tell on him.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Crowe on October 26, 2012, 12:42:25 PM
Yeah, most likely he knows the guys were bullies, so most of the time Billy just turns a blind eye towards that and doesn't tell on him.
Awesome.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Suiko

Character Sheet

Username: Angel Eros

Character Name: Lucien Stevens

Height: 5'7
Hair: Short, a bit windswept (unintentionally so) and blonde.
Eyes: Steel-blue
Appearance: Already somewhat short for his age, he often wears big jumpers a size too large that makes him seem even smaller. Often dark, simple things, he doesn't enjoy standing out too much and perfers to be a wall flower in almost all aspect of hiatus life. Black-rimmed spectacles are a constant feature on his face as well as a silver watch that hangs about his wrist, but other than this his sense of style tends to be somewhat plain. Dark navy jumpers with white shirts beneath and matching denim jeans, though they at least fit him properly.
He's lacking in any really form of muscle since he hates making a fool of himself in sporting events, but manages to keep himself in shape by eating healthily and as such he's fairly thin, made to look even moreso by his baggy clothes.

Sexuality: Homosexual
Personality: Equal parts quiet and passionate, Lucien has always been an avid reader. From a young age he visited the local libraries to take out vast numbers of books which he practically devoured over the years. This lust for knowledge carried over into his school life, making him known rather roundly as the nerd; the person to go to if you need help with homework (or someone to do it for you). He doesn't speak up much but is attentive and is always sure to remember as much as he can about facts and figures.
He likes things to be a certain way; to know about a situation before he enters it else he feels uncomfortable with his lack of knowledge on the matter and will try to fill in the gaps as much as possible. Shy but caring he will always try to help in his own little way, even if it could be something as small as offering a tiny smile out of the corner of your eye.
His lack of special skills can make him seem awkward however, and because of that he's often seen trailing at the back of the group, following along in silence. If he spoke up more he would likely offer some very insightful opinions, but as it is, he's very much a follower.

History: Fairly ordinary and uninteresting. His parents both being teachers and great academics, they instilled in Lucien at an early age to pursue knowledge and perhaps inadvertently placed a large amount of pressure on the boy to surpass their high intelligence. As the only child of the household he was occasionally spoiled with his desire to be left alone which is responsible for his lack of any people skills, but his parents always reassure him that one day he'll blossom.
Whether he believes them is another thing entirely.

Skills/Hobbies: He has the ability to analyse a situation from the background, mainly because that's where he always finds himself. He's smart and quick-thinking, but this clashes with his inability to focus well in a crisis situation. If there's a book, he's either read it or plans to and he enjoys his solitude with said books as his only company.

How he/she met Michael: Lucien helps a lot of people with their homework if he's asked and Michael was no exception. Occasionally he read to him, but only rarely owing to his lack of sight... More a casual acquaintance; someone useful than anything else.

Additional Notes I'd like to see Lucien pulled out of his shell in the story. Not sure how but for him to somehow become more confident in himself and more outspoken. Also his intelligence could be maybe put to good use.

Hope it's okay!
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Blonde

Username: Blonde

Character Name: Chelsea Martins

Height: 5'4

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Sexuality: As a rule straight, but is sexually adventurous.

Personality: Chelsea is an outgoing girl with confidence and charm, making her an easy person to get a long with. She has quite the determined and fierce streak in her, making her quite feisty at times. Chelsea isn't a complicated girl, she has little troubles with communications or nerves, but is socially dependent and sometimes reckless. Hardened exterior but is a softy at heart.

History: Chelsea was born in southern England, but her parents never married. Her father was in the British Army, and her mother a Doctor. Try as they could, they could not make their partnership work and so they divorced when Chelsea was three. However, she never went without. Although divorced, they kept a civil tongue for the sake of their daughter and were always there, and Chelsea had a pleasant and loving upbringing. She did not like living between two homes, but it was something she learned to cope with. However, at 12 it changed and her mother fell in love with an American, and her Mum soon married and relocated, but this time in another country.

Chelsea struggled, living between two countries and only seeing her mum when the schools in England broke up. Her life seemed to be split, but she still worked at having a normal life. She was always a social girl and made an excellent group of friends. And she continued with her dancing, something which she had been doing since she was six. Being a highly active girl, Chelsea always seemed on the go.

At sixteen, her father was killed in combat whilst out in Afghanistan, aged just 34. Chelsea was broken hearted, she loved her Dad dearly and believed she would never love another man as much as she loved him. Once his funeral was over and his body laid to rest, Chelsea moved with her mother to America, and to Texas where she lived with her new Military husband. Chelsea struggled at first but soon became a very popular figure at the school, mostly for the fact she had a clear Southern, English accent. She was also a confident and bubbly girl and made friends easily.

In her spare time when not with her friends, she learnt a lot about the medical industry, having a keen interest in becoming a nurse. She still dances, and had joined the Dance team at school.

Skills/Hobbies: She is well trained and educated in medical matters, of course not to the extent of a professional. She is also very energetic and has high stamina and endurance. She is a keen dancer and quite agile, and a very fast runner.

How he/she met Michael: Her accent caused them to start talking one day whilst waiting for a teacher to turn up.

Cleo4u2

I want to remind everyone that if I make a suggestion, it is just that - a suggestion. I will be in no way offended if you decline. On the same note, please remember to get permission from other players before you assume what your relationship is, acquaintances/strangers don't count for that, though. No one wants to be have their character controlled.

Angel Eros: He looks great. I think I have some ideas for him, but in case my plans go awry (best laid plans of mice and men, and all that), could we give him a specific skill from his book learning? Like architecture or something like that? Would he also have been one of the victims of the bullying TheHangMan and Gekido's characters defend against? Lastly, do you think he would have known Crowe's character?

Michael didn't talk much to Lucien, but he had sat down next to him in English class the first day and immediately was paired with him for reading. Since he couldn't see the books being read in class, the teacher thought it best if Lucien read to him so he could keep up and they wouldn't have to buy a special book in braille. The teacher also assumed that Lucien would just do what he was told, though Michael thanked him sincerely for the help.

Blonde: She's perfect! And now we have a medic ^_^ I would suggest that you talk to Crowe and Gekido about how your character's interacted before the plague. They seem to have been in the same circles.

Michael's attention had been caught by Chelsea's accent as they stood outside the classroom, saying she was unique in his world, more so than others. He had been very curious about England and how she was liking America, though they haven't spoke much since. Still, he always said hello when they passed in the halls.

Jecht

Anymore room? I am very curious about this.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Crowe

Concerning Chelsea, I think Billy would be drawn to her, but he's also non-committal, so the exact nature of their relationship is up for discussion.

As for Lucien, well, he's pretty much under the radar, so I think Billy wouldn't know him that well unless they were in a study group or something like that.

Gekido

I think lance would know Blonde's character. I really see them talking with each other and being sort of friends. However the exact nature of their relationship is still out for me so if Blonde wants we can discuss the relationship via pm.

Cleo4u2

Quote from: Jecht on October 26, 2012, 03:04:26 PM
Anymore room? I am very curious about this.

Yep! We're liking short on girls, but I'm still taking strait guys atm.

Quote from: Crowe on October 26, 2012, 03:08:17 PM
As for Lucien, well, he's pretty much under the radar, so I think Billy wouldn't know him that well unless they were in a study group or something like that.

That's actually what I was thinking, but it's up to you guys.

Blonde: Looks like I'm not the only one who likes your character. :-)

Blonde

I'll PM both of you to discuss our characters friendships etc.

Aw, good  ;D

Suiko

I don't really see Lucien knowing anyone beyond the occasional homework helper. He's been in the background so much that he's just kind of not noticed. So when things get bad in the story and there's only a few people in the group, that's when he'll be noticed.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Eislynn

Color me interested. I'll need some time to flesh out a character...

Branwen

Character Sheet
Username:  Branwen
Character Name: Elizabeth Goetz
Height: 5'00"
Hair:  Pale Blonde
Eyes:  Blue-green
Appearance:  Elfin girl-child
Sexuality: Presumably Heterosexual but has never dated
Personality:  Quiet but not shy, completely external sense of self-worth and confidence, deferential to others.
History: Elizabeth's family is wealthy but otherwise unremarkable.  They are Reform Jews.  Her father owns the insurance and investment agency his father established and her mother keeps the home.  The Goetz family owns a large house in Allen in the Winningkoff neighborhood, but Elizabeth started school in McKinney and her parents chose to allow her to continue with her elementary school class so she'd have a better high school experience with long term friends.  She's tumbled since she could walk and though she could do competitive gymnastics, she only practices enough to keep her skills sharp for cheer.  Elizabeth's skills and small size make her a natural for the flier of the pyramid.  Elizabeth is quiet but not shy.  She speaks, but only when she has something to say.  She's a solid A/B student and has never been in trouble at school.  Elizabeth likes to spend a lot of time in Mr. Golden's math class after school and rarely misses a tutorial even though she doesn't need them.  Rumors are starting to spread about them though as yet Elizabeth is unaware of them.
Skills/Hobbies: Cheer, gymnastics, Mr. Golden's math class.
How he/she met Michael: She hasn't really met him yet, at least not more than simply seeing him in the hallways and in Mr. Golden's math class.  Elizabeth once picked up an eraser Michael dropped and sat it back on his desk but didn't say anything to him.
Additional Notes: Despite being a cheerleader, Elizabeth is largely a non-entity.  People know her, she is on the periphery of the Pretty Social Girls clique because of being a cheerleader, but in the program of This is High School, she's listed as part of the chorus. 

Eislynn

Here goes! Hope you like!

Character Sheet

Username:  Katida Desu      
Character Name: Madelyn Kovac
Height: 5'4"
Eyes: Classic heterochromia. One eye is dark brown. The other is deep blue.
Appearance: People sometimes misjudge her slight frame, but she's stronger than she looks.   
Sexuality: She identifies as straight, but perhaps that's only because no female has ever made her an offer.

Personality: People often mistake her for shy, but in large groups she merely watches and listens. Given the opportunity and a small group, she becomes very outgoing. She alternates between being the aloof artistic type, and the spotlight seeker.  She has many acquaintances, but few close friends, most of which are her friends from back east with whom she still tries to keep in touch. Tends to dislike it when someone gets something they haven't earned, but won't show it unless they directly piss her off. 

History: Madelyn's mother was 46 when she found out she was pregnant. It was unexpected, for sure, but her parents and brothers were thrilled at the prospect of one more family member. unfortunately, later life pregnancies often go wrong, and her mother died due to complications. People often give Madelyn a look of pity when they find out about it, but she tends to shrug them off. She sometimes wonders what it would have been like to know her mother, but she never really felt that she missed much with such a loving and supportive Father and two protective older brothers, current ages 25 and 27. Growing up in a household of men made the initially frail girl stronger both physically and emotionally than she might otherwise seem.

Her father was a non-descript cubicle dweller by day to pay the bills, but in his off time, he was a talented artist. At the start of her senior year, her father was offered a respite from his dull day job as he finally reached retirement. Now free from corporate America, he took a freelance position at a design firm in Texas. Despite not wanting to leave her friends in Pensylvania, Madelyn was on board to move across the country if that would make his dreams come true.

When she arrived at her new school, she auditioned for the theatre club to pick up where she left off. Much to her dismay, the way to earn the best stage parts in this area was not by having talent and presence, but by having parents that gave boatloads of money to the the school. Thus she was heartbroken to see talentless rich kids cast in lead roles, and iconic scenes cut completely due to their lack of any real ability. (Who cuts Hamlet's "To Be or Not to Be" soliliquiy because the actor can't memorize it?) Regardless, her love for the artform drove her to bring her expertise to behind the scenes. These days, you'll find her covered in paint from designing sets, or perched atop a ladder tweaking wires for sound systems and lights. Some of the cast and crew have taken to calling her "Maddy MacGuyver" because she can fix damn near anything, but she doesn't really understand the reference.

Skills/Hobbies: Artistic and skilled in set design and basic carpentry. Has an uncanny ability to fix or create things by instinct alone, hence her MacGuyver nickname.

How he/she met Michael: Bumped into him as she rushed into the theater one day to repair a fallen light. She apologized before dashing off to her duties. He may not have even had time to give her a response.

Additional Notes: Climbing around on ladders and sneaking about backstage during productions has taught her to be quite dextrous and stealthy.

Crowe

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Cleo4u2

Edit: I'm thinking of "The Journey" for the story title. Any opinions or other suggestions would be lovely. I'm also taking suggestion as to which area of the forums to put this. I'm thinking Bondage, but will take other suggestions as well.

Girls who might be straight....maybe XD

Katida desu: She's perfect. Nothing to add or suggest.

Michael's reaction to being nearly run over by Madlyn was just a silent expression of, "What just hit me?"

Branwen: Very nice. Just curious, was the chorus a metaphorical reference or literal? I assumed metaphorical, but I want to check in case I'm wrong. It has been known to happen, though I'd never admit that =3

Quote from: Angel Eros on October 26, 2012, 03:18:21 PM
I don't really see Lucien knowing anyone beyond the occasional homework helper. He's been in the background so much that he's just kind of not noticed. So when things get bad in the story and there's only a few people in the group, that's when he'll be noticed.

Sounds good to me d(^_^)b

Gekido

I think bondage is good enough, my guy loves to tie up girls and spank them from time to time :P

Branwen

Thank you, Cleo.  It was metaphorical.  I suspect Elizabeth has, at best, an Autotune voice.  :)  Bondage seems a logical and sensible place.  It allows for a great deal of flexibility which, considering it's in bondage, is quite funny.

Eislynn

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on October 26, 2012, 09:00:40 PM
Edit: I'm thinking of "The Journey" for the story title. Any opinions or other suggestions would be lovely. I'm also taking suggestion as to which area of the forums to put this. I'm thinking Bondage, but will take other suggestions as well.

Girls who might be straight....maybe XD

Katida desu: She's perfect. Nothing to add or suggest.

Michael's reaction to being nearly run over by Madlyn was just a silent expression of, "What just hit me?"

Awesome. o(^▽^)o

You mentioned taking suggestions for titles. A phrase came to mind as I read the intro: "blind faith."

Of course "the journey" sounds delightfully mysterious. (*^_^*)

Branwen

Quote from: Gekido on October 26, 2012, 09:11:17 PM
I think bondage is good enough, my guy loves to tie up girls and spank them from time to time :P
I nominate Madelyn, mainly because I want to see how prettily she cries.  :)

TheHangedOne

The Journey of Blind Faith! Okay, too many words, possibly. I think both are pretty damn good.

Bondage sounds sensible, too. Though if we're going to have a lot of gore or anything (from fights with other survivors, for instance; running into crazy gangs of kids with heads on pikes; stuff like that), it might be better to put it in Extreme, for the violence content.
Check out my poet tree!

Cleo4u2

I think maybe "Blind Faith: The Journey" for the main story, then like "Blind Faith: [Insert mysterious title]" for other threads we need. How's that sound?

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 26, 2012, 09:23:28 PM
Bondage sounds sensible, too. Though if we're going to have a lot of gore or anything (from fights with other survivors, for instance; running into crazy gangs of kids with heads on pikes; stuff like that), it might be better to put it in Extreme, for the violence content.

That is a really good point. I'm not planning on a happy go lucky story. This is a post-apocalyptic setting and there are going to be many other kids with guns trying to capture/kill/rob the group.

Branwen

This is all well and good, but can we talk important things?  Such as, what's the status of ice cream in this post-apocalyptic nightmare?  Am I going to be reduced to scavenging for freeze dried astronaut ice cream? 

Cleo4u2

I'm afraid that, while ice cream will be able to be created the hard way, most will be melted within the month when the power goes out.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Branwen on October 26, 2012, 09:34:28 PM
This is all well and good, but can we talk important things?  Such as, what's the status of ice cream in this post-apocalyptic nightmare?  Am I going to be reduced to scavenging for freeze dried astronaut ice cream?
Yes, you are. Or making your own! (Might have to buddy up with Jack, he could do that).
Check out my poet tree!

Branwen

That's it, then.  I must as well line up for a spanking too since I'm going to be impossible to be around without ice cream.  :)

Eislynn

Quote from: Branwen on October 26, 2012, 09:23:03 PM
I nominate Madelyn, mainly because I want to see how prettily she cries.  :)

Oh you saucy thing... I don't know if Maddy cries. But don't you love those eyes?

And wow. People like my mind-burps! I will be honored to see you use my blind faith suggestion.

minerva7790

Ohhhh ice cream?

In other news... Here's my character. If exchange students aren't allowed, just let me know and I'll change what is necessary.

Character Sheet

Username: minerva7790 
Character Name: Maya Madoka
Height: 4'11"
Eyes: Dark brown, hidden behind a geeky pair of glasses

Personality: Maya is a bit of a dreamer. Her teachers often complain of her daydreaming in class, though she somehow manages to do well in tests and exams. She is shy among her classmates, though that may be because of a language barrier. Having only come to America to study a year ago, Maya is highly conscious of her weird accent, although in fact, she tops her class in Japan when it comes to English. Most people ignore Maya because she is so quiet, but among the few friends she has, she is known to be a little on the superstitious and eccentric side. She loves reading about paranormal stuff and is interested in looking for aliens.

History: Maya was born and raised in Japan to an average salaryman father and a housewife mother. As the only child, Maya spent much of her childhood alone. She never felt lonely, however, as long as she had books to read. Maya had always been particularly fascinated by science fiction. In a bid to get their daughter to engage with outsiders a little more, Maya's parents signed her up for Aikido classes and viola lessons. While she enjoyed them, nothing brought her more joy than reading.

When Maya reached schooling age, her fantasies about aliens and time travellers were put aside. Studying came natural to her, and she topped her classes easily. She made friends easily and began to spend less time with her strange books. Upon entering Junior High school, however, Maya found herself thrust into an unfamiliar environment again. Most of her friends in her Elementary school had gone to other schools, leaving her in a school of unfamiliar people. She began to turn to her books, her old friends, once more. Maya also joined the library club, where she somehow managed to find some friends of common interests. Together with her friends, she learnt programming and some rudimentary hacking skills. They had wanted to hack into the military database to search for spottings of paranormal activity.

When Maya was 16, she was offered a place in a prestigious exchange program that would let her study in an American high school for two years. Knowing that this was her one chance to go overseas to search for the existence of aliens, Maya jumped at it. Her good grades helped her breeze through the interviews, and soon enough, she was in America. Being the doting and overly-protective parents they were, Maya's parents made her learn some survival skills like cooking and first aid before they allowed her to step onto the plane to America.

Skills/Hobbies: Analytical thinking skills, reading (especially about unnatural occurrences), computer programming and hacking, a bit of cooking (be prepared for weird ingredients if you rely on Maya's cooking), aikido.

How he/she met Michael: Technically, she hasn't met Michael yet. She isn't in any of his classes. But word spreads quickly, and if you're going to proclaim something like the end of the world, there's definitely going to be talk. Maya is keen on meeting Michael because she thinks he might have extrasensory perception.

Additional Notes: N/A

Branwen

Minerva, do you think it's possible my character has spoken to yours about trying out for cheer?  With her small stature (tinier than mine! :) ) and the grace inherent in aikido, she might be a good prospect for the cheer team.  Elizabeth might have been sent to scout Maya out by the captain or cheer sponsor, or maybe she just saw Maya practicing one day and recognized her grace as being a potential good fit.  I doubt Maya would be up for it, but Elizabeth may have at least approached her.

It's okay to say no.  I am just tossing out ideas.

Branwen

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 26, 2012, 09:49:45 PM
Yes, you are. Or making your own! (Might have to buddy up with Jack, he could do that).

Jack is my new, bestest friend ever!

minerva7790

Quote from: Branwen on October 26, 2012, 10:12:41 PM
Minerva, do you think it's possible my character has spoken to yours about trying out for cheer?  With her small stature (tinier than mine! :) ) and the grace inherent in aikido, she might be a good prospect for the cheer team.  Elizabeth might have been sent to scout Maya out by the captain or cheer sponsor, or maybe she just saw Maya practicing one day and recognized her grace as being a potential good fit.  I doubt Maya would be up for it, but Elizabeth may have at least approached her.

It's okay to say no.  I am just tossing out ideas.

Sure, I'm all for it! Though I'm sure Maya would have flat out refused Elizabeth. She probably has the impression that the cheer team are a bunch of idiots, even if Elizabeth seems pretty intelligent!

Cleo4u2

Minerva7790: I really like your character, but I'm not sure how she'd know to get to the parking lot on time the day the plague hits. I don't mind she's never met Michael, but that other part's a bit important.

Gekido

She could always befriend my char since they both believe in the occult and he can escort her?

Cleo4u2

That would work fine, Gekido, but if he's at the meeting and she's not, how does he escort her there?

Gekido

I am thinking that he could had escorted her that day as well, walking every day to school together so they both could be there when it happens.

Cleo4u2

That's still not what I mean, Gekido, sorry if I'm being confusing. Her post suggests to me that she's not at the meeting when Michael tells everyone to come with him. So if she's not there and he's escorting her, neither of them will be there. Like I said, I don't mind this happening so long as there's a reason for her knowing to go to the parking lot. If he comes to get her, that's fine, but it's up to her.

Gekido

Sure sure he can go get her, will wait to have her imput though

minerva7790

I was thinking that Maya would have heard someone laughing about it in the corridors. But Gekido's idea works! Maybe Lance knows Maya because they're both interested in the occult, and when Lance hears Michael make his strange prediction, he runs to find Maya, because he knows she would be curious to know more about Michael and his strange powers? Maya likes hanging out in the library. It wouldn't be hard to find her.

Cleo4u2

That sounds good then! A suggestion? Maybe they were in a paranormal after school club together? It does sounds like they don't believe that anything really awful is going on, but I think that's going to make things more interesting in the first few days XD

Good to have you aboard Minerva!

minerva7790

Thanks for the welcome, Cleo! A paranormal club sounds cool! Yeah, be prepared to be fangirled by Maya for the first few days!

Eislynn

Minerva, I've been thinking that Maya could have taken an interest in Madelyn because of her eyes. Some cultures view heterochromia as a manifestation of innate supernatural ability. Add that to the fact that Madelyn has a bit of a northeast accent and doesn't speak like normal Texans. It would be really amusing if Maya believed she was an Alien or Esper.

Tell me what you think. Feel free to shoot me down. :)

Branwen

Katida desu, I'm going to withdraw the idea that Elizabeth tried to recruit Maya.  The connection Gekido and Cleo have come up with, along with your own tie in to Madelyn make much more sense.  The ideas, and you all, are so very clever!

RedEve

This is an interesting idea but is there a specific reason why the PCs are limited to high school aged characters?
Wouldn't it make sense for them to run into older people as well, if the cut-off age for the "event" is 25?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Cleo4u2

RedEve: The current age restriction is for the initial group and because if logistics. Like with what we were just discussing with minerva, this is how they get started and anyone not at the school / meeting needs a good reason  to end up in the parking lot where we pick up.

Once we're on our way, the she restriction fire new characters will be 16 - 22. This is because the cure will not be created  for three years and, by some miracle we get that far, I don't want peoples characters dying from plague.

(Typed from my phone so please excuse any typos)

minerva7790

Quote from: Katida desu on October 27, 2012, 06:24:32 AM
Minerva, I've been thinking that Maya could have taken an interest in Madelyn because of her eyes. Some cultures view heterochromia as a manifestation of innate supernatural ability. Add that to the fact that Madelyn has a bit of a northeast accent and doesn't speak like normal Texans. It would be really amusing if Maya believed she was an Alien or Esper.

Tell me what you think. Feel free to shoot me down. :)

That's a possible connection between the two, though I don't see Maya picking up the courage to approach Madelyn and questioning her about being an alien or Esper. All she would do is stare at Madelyn's eyes long enough to seem creepy.

Quote from: Branwen on October 27, 2012, 06:47:34 AM
Katida desu, I'm going to withdraw the idea that Elizabeth tried to recruit Maya.  The connection Gekido and Cleo have come up with, along with your own tie in to Madelyn make much more sense.  The ideas, and you all, are so very clever!

The more the merrier, Branwen! Since Maya is an exchange student, it's likely she has gotten a fair bit of attention at school, even if people are just curious to see the new kid in town. :-)

Siereis

So it sounds like you all have a lot of players so far...room for one more female?

Cleo4u2

Quote from: Siereis on October 28, 2012, 03:44:15 AM
So it sounds like you all have a lot of players so far...room for one more female?

Yes!

Cleo4u2

I'm writing up the intial post at the moment and am going to be putting it in the extreme section for violence. Do we have any objections to this? I think I can curve the violence if we do, though everyone else will have to also remember to do so.

TheHangedOne

Looking forward to it. Also, as a heads up, their's a fairly big storm headed my way. Seems like it won't do much more than give us some bad weather, where I am, but their is the distinct possibility that I'll be without power or internet for a few days. Just mentioning it as a heads up.
Check out my poet tree!

Cleo4u2

Thanks for the heads up and good luck with that storm.

Cleo4u2

And we're up!

If necessary, I'll add a posting order to the OOC thread. Eventually, I'll add another thread for when people leave the main group on supply runs and the like.

For anyone who doesn't have a character sheet up: There is still time to get your sheet up and approved before I change how anyone joins the journey. This doesn't mean you can't join, just that you'll have to meet up with everyone after they've left the school.

Crowe

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on October 28, 2012, 01:43:07 PM
And we're up!

If necessary, I'll add a posting order to the OOC thread. Eventually, I'll add another thread for when people leave the main group on supply runs and the like.

For anyone who doesn't have a character sheet up: There is still time to get your sheet up and approved before I change how anyone joins the journey. This doesn't mean you can't join, just that you'll have to meet up with everyone after they've left the school.

Both links lead to the same thread.

Cleo4u2

Crowe

Cleo4u2

I've moved all the character sheets to the IC/OOC thread except for Branwen and Angel Eros. The former because she did it herself (<3) and the later because I'm going to wait for a picture to move it, though it is still approved and you can post replies if you want. Any further announcements, etc., will be put into the IC/OOC thread.

Cleo4u2

Apparently not everyone realized that we have started the story already. On the first page, and above, is the link to the OOC page and the IC thread. If it isn't working for you, we are Blind Faith in the Extreme Small Groups forum.

SablePaladin

Character Sheet

Username:  SablePaladin
Character Name: Chrissa Williamson
Height: 5'7"
Eyes: Gray
Appearance: Slender, lithe. Her work on her parents' ranch has kept her in very good shape. Usually wears jeans, tshirt, sneakers, and jacket to school.
Sexuality: Hasn't explored it very much, but technically, she's open to anything.
Personality: Chris tends to be serious a lot of the time. She can be dour, her humor sarcastic and morbid. She didn't garner many friends at school, mostly because she hated all the drama that went along with large groups of friends. However, once she determines she likes someone, she is extremely loyal, possibly to a fault. She believes in helping others, but she doesn't care much for what she calls "the stupid gene." People who aren't her friends get one mistake around her. Any more than that, and they're on their own.

History: Chris grew up on her family's horse ranch outside of town. Every day, she goes to school, and then drives her beat up pickup back home. Once there, she finishes her homework, and spends the rest of her evening working on the ranch. On weekends, she gets a bit of time off, but usually doesn't have much going in the way of a social life. Riding became second nature to Chris, and it became a passion as well as a hobby for her.

She had a lot of friends when she was younger, in elementary school. However, as she grew up and had to devote more time to the ranch, many of her friendships grew distant. The kids she used to hang out with were mostly from town, and didn't understand how much time she had to put into her family's business. Nor did they understand the independent, self-reliant way of life she was brought up in. As a result, Chris had felt more and more socially isolated over the years, though she tries hard to remain a friendly person. Her own personality often works against her in this, but she does try.

Skills/Hobbies: A skillful rider, very adept at handling animals, particularly horses. She also has experience with guns, mostly rifles. She can shoot squirrels with a .22 long rifle from horseback, while on the move. Her experience does not include any sort of military training or tactics, however.
How he/she met Michael: Chris has seen Michael in the halls of school quite often, and may even have had a few conversations with him. She was often intrigued by him, though, and when he spoke up the morning this all began, she paid careful attention.
Additional Notes: Nothing additional at this time. Once I get into this more, ideas will start flowing.
Corrupt.
----------------
O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116344.0 - Modified 10-24-12.
Feel free to send me PMs with RP ideas!

Cleo4u2

That looks great, Sable. And we finally get our first person with fire arm experience! I'm gonna move your sheet to the ooc thread, but feel free to post in the IC thread I the mean time.

Chreestafer

Hey I just found this thread I'm curious if your still looking. If so I'd like to jump on. Maybe and 18year-old whose one of those quiet and smart kids.  Not nerd or junkie or geek but also not a jock and even though he's smart though to be in honors courses he doesn't mix well with the preppy kids. He's just kinda there...

Maybe takes up an archery club? (I had one at my school)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Cleo4u2

We are still looking, Chreestafer. Unfortunately, we've already established that there is no archery club at school, but that doesn't mean he can't have had it as a hobby and fine to private tournaments.

Chreestafer

If that's possible I'd like to do that :) private hobbies are cool.  Now I saw that you have started already maybe I can pick it up as if I was home from school sick and woke up feeling better and decided to come in late? Oh and I see your lack of bi guys I can do that to :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Cleo4u2

That would be really appreciated. Though we're actually still at the school and the hour time limit isn't up yet. Our newest player should be posting there soon. So if you want to make a cheater, I can approve it and get you over there today as well.

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Cleo4u2

>_> I am totally posting from my phone and auto correct totally hates me.

I meant character

Chreestafer

Hahaha its ok I'm doing the same and trust me I know how that is. Stupid autocorrect! Lol so anyways dear what all do you need from me to start? Just the character sheet? Also are you writing my intro into it or am I? If I am doing so where should I start? Also just to clear it with you I was thinking his and Michaels relation could be based off one of the times he had stuff thrown at him my character stood up for him? Maybe later that day my character got beat up for standing up for the blind kid.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Cleo4u2

Just the character sheet. Pictures are nice, but not required.

You will be writing your intro starting from how tge morning went (with his parents sleeping in or what ever), through the announcement posted above, then what he does until he gets to the parking lot with the others. The first post is a but of a long one. Perhaps, after heating what Michael had to say, he drives home for his bow/other supplies and it's just now arriving back at tge school.

Him meeting Michael like that would be fine, but there is another student watching him at that point to protect him; thehangedman's Jack. The character would probably then step in to protect yours as well, which would mean you'd have met then both at the same time. Send him a PM and see if that sounds good to him and/or work out any details.

Marie Reynolds

I am interested in this if their is still room but not sure if I am interested in playing at the high school age maybe if i could just reserve a spot after the three years and if the cure is found . I hope that would  be acceptable.

CurvyKitten

Is it to late to join this one? I have been wanting to play in a post-apocalyptic game for a while. Just can't seem to find one that takes off the ground. So if I am still able to I'd love to join.

Cleo4u2

It's definitely not and we're open to high schoolers and up atm. If you're up for the high school age, we're I can get you in right away after character approval.

EbonyQueen

I'm honestly... a bit interested in joining myself, never played in a post-apocalyptic game, that is if you all are still accepting.

Character Sheet

Username: EbonyQueen
Character Name: Vivian Abasi
Height: 5' 6"
Eyes: Dark Brown
Appearance:

Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: Outgoing, but with a -touch- of shyness to her.
History: Having been in foster care since she was a young woman made moving from town to town not all that unfamiliar to her. Staying with a multitude of different families in different parts of the country actually lead to her picking up a good number of useful skills. Picking up a various mix of martial arts most notably the Krav Maga style of no-nonsense self defense. She learned how to cook (a little), how to hunt and even maintain firearms. Not a very accomplished student she struggles with Mathematics and science but excels at art. A member of the cheerleader squad she has redoubled her efforts in the past year to try and open up and come out of her 'shell'. Even though with that comes attention from the group of bullies which seem to be quite active in the school.
Skills/Hobbies: Martial Arts (Krav Maga), Firearms training (Rifles, shotguns, pistols), basic cooking abilities, oil painting, pottery
How he/she met Michael: Knows him only passingly, shared classes, opening doors for the student she believed was totally blind.
Additional Notes: She has several siblings some older and some younger than herself that she has not seen in quite awhile. Some of those siblings were not exactly the most friendly type.
Starting Gear: A set of clothes, her backpack which inside has a small set of paint and a few brushes

-Edited to include character for consideration.

Cleo4u2

I'm definitely still recruiting! For my story to really work, I need about 15 people and at the moment....I'm quite short XD We're also open for all character genders/sexualities. I haven't had time to update the front thread just yet.

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 02, 2012, 09:35:03 PM
I'm definitely still recruiting! For my story to really work, I need about 15 people and at the moment....I'm quite short XD We're also open for all character genders/sexualities. I haven't had time to update the front thread just yet.

I will work up a character sheet then, would you like it PMed to you for approval?

Cleo4u2

I like to keep the character sheets here so others can get an idea of skills and/or established relationships they'd like to ask for.

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 02, 2012, 09:44:34 PM
I like to keep the character sheets here so others can get an idea of skills and/or established relationships they'd like to ask for.

I edited my initial interest post with my character sheet for consideration.

Saerrael

This.. looks interesting. Especially because I had a post-apocalyptic game not start a while ago. (Can't use the character made for that game, though, it was more SciFi-y)
If I read correctly, you're now open for older characters? I might be able to come up with a 20-23yo swordsman (hobby/ skill), who's slightly mental and completely gay.
Not sure on the 'how to meet the group', though.

TheHangedOne

Saerra: I have an idea. Maybe he and my character, Jack, are neighbors. Jack lives in an apartment complex, it's likely he knows a few of the people around the place (and they're aware of him). Plus, they both like sharp stabby things (Jack likes knives, you mentioned swords), so they have that in common.
Check out my poet tree!

Saerrael

Quote from: TheHangedMan on November 02, 2012, 10:05:37 PM
Saerra: I have an idea. Maybe he and my character, Jack, are neighbors. Jack lives in an apartment complex, it's likely he knows a few of the people around the place (and they're aware of him). Plus, they both like sharp stabby things (Jack likes knives, you mentioned swords), so they have that in common.

Hmmm, sounds good. Though, would it be much to ask of you if your character has the idea mine is off his rockers? Not lethally, but certainly not far away from the funny farm. I think I'll make him somewhat unstable, if it's accepted.

Gekido

hey I was just thinking with that with our gm. I was thinking he might know a kid who is a genius and graduated early from high school. Perhaps your character thinks that he could be of some real value since he has photographic memory. We were discussing him living in the same apartment complex as your char does. What do you think?

Cleo4u2

Saerra: The age cap is 22, but other than that he sounds great. Toss up a character sheet and I'll toss you some suggestions on how to join us. Also, if he's neighbors with Jack, please include Gekido on any PMs.

Also to the crazy thing: Please do not intentionally cause shit in the group. This is not directed at you, but a jerk I knew in another game who liked to do that. I still hate that guy, but I love crazy characters.

EbonyQueen: She's perfect. My only suggestion before you post is to PM Branwen or give her a shout out on the IC/OOC thread before you post. She is our current cheerleader, so your characters would likely know each other. (And I will pretend they had fun times in the shower, whether or not that's true *fans self*)

everyone: Holy crap let me post! LOL

TheHangedOne

I think jack will think he's got some issues, but I can only formulate his exact opinion once I've seen your character.  :-)

Gekido: Works for me.
Check out my poet tree!

Saerrael

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 02, 2012, 10:09:56 PM
Saerra: The age cap is 22, but other than that he sounds great. Toss up a character sheet and I'll toss you some suggestions on how to join us. Also, if he's neighbors with Jack, please include Gekido on any PMs.

Also to the crazy thing: Please do not intentionally cause shit in the group. This is not directed at you, but a jerk I knew in another game who liked to do that. I still hate that guy, but I love crazy characters.

everyone: Holy crap let me post! LOL

I'll make him 21, then *winks at her*
Writing the sheet at the moment, but thought I'd keep reading here, too, as to get some ideas.

And, no, don't worry. I GM games, myself, and won't be a bother. If I am on accident, just let me know.

*Gandalfs* You. Shall not. Post.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on November 02, 2012, 10:11:50 PM
I think jack will think he's got some issues, but I can only formulate his exact opinion once I've seen your character.  :-)

Gekido: Works for me.

Of course *smiles* Working on it, just need to decide in which way he's mental.

Gekido

Character Sheet

Username:  Gekido
Character Name: Brian Connors
Height: 5’8”
Eyes: Brown
Appearance: (model: Gerald Way)
////
Personality: He is a guy that knows what he likes and how he likes it. He isn’t afraid of just giving his opinion to anybody but he is certainly not a leader. He is just the type of guy that will remain in the background until he is called or directed the attention to him. He doesn’t really respect people that don’t show respect towards him. Tending to be a very difficult guy he just hangs around on his apartment doing mostly nothing. Whenever he needs to work he just searches for people with home problems and fixes them. He really doesn’t care about university since he thinks it’s boring and would never give him anything he cannot learn from books.
History:
Ever since he was born her parents knew he was different, at the young age of ten he could do things that no normal child his age could do. He was reading complicating novels and reading science books a kid his age would not even understand, the rare thing was that everything he did read stuck on his head. His parents worried a bit sent him to take a test and it came out that he was way smarter than any normal child his age, so he was considered a genius and furthermore he had photographic memory in result to that genius mind. He grew up never getting less than perfect grades in every test he took while at school, at first his teachers thought he was cheating but making him take a test without any other kids around clearly proved it, he was a genius. At the young age of sixteen he was already in senior grade level, graduating from high school at the young age of 15.

He didn't went to college thinking that it really didn't offer him anything he could not learn. He bought book after book on anything he could think of buying. However he stuck with books that he could learn to do stuff like Architecture and Craftsmanship. He began making stuff at his house, anything from wooden chairs to even more complicated His  stuff like helping part time at building houses. His father used him a lot to help with plans and to help get his job a bit of a better chance for a raise. Brian didn't mind being used like that but he knew that once he was eighteen he would move out.

At the age of eighteen he made true to his promise and moved out of his house, he was known across his new apartment as a handy man.  The old lady that owned the apartment didn't really had the heart of throwing him out if he helped around the apartment fixing stuff up. He stayed mostly inside his apartment reading from his wall high row of books and manuals. He never really gotten any interest in girls because he thought that they would not like him.

Skills/Hobbies: Architecture, Wood Craftsmanship, Medicine, a little bit of everything. (he cannot fight, he is a looser when it comes to fighting. A blind guy can hit more than he can, his true strength is on his mind and his ability to memorize almost everything he reads).
How he/she met Michael: He hasn't, he will meet him once one of the guys of his apartment goes get him.
Additional Notes: He is a Genius and has photographic memory. He is bad with girls and even worst fighting.
Starting Gear: A bag with his tools, some water and a few books to read on the way.

Cleo4u2

He's good to go Gekido! My only suggestion is to switch his graduating age to 15 or so. I will PM you when we get to the apartment complex.

Saerrael

Let me know what you think.

Character Sheet
Photo.

Username: Saerra
Character Name: Alexis Skorobogatov
Height: 6 feet round.
Hair: White (bleached. Natural dirty blond), straight and long.
Eyes: Very light blue.
Appearance:
Slim, lean and quite tall (6'). Quite flexible and dexterous. Moves with swordsman grace: balanced and fluid.
Prone to bruise when someone does hit him, he learned to 'not be there', or have plenty of steel between himself and the one intending to hit him.
Wears his sword on the left hip (right handed), and did so even before events, making him known by the authorities and kept watch upon.
Unscarred, but pierced where it doesn't show when fully dressed. Has a black star tattooed on his upper, right arm.
Dresses 'goth'-like, but holds no specific way of life connected to that scene.
Sexuality: Homosexual.
Personality: Unstable. Can be quite outspoken. Is known to talk to himself, shout at shadows and then grow increasingly quiet in times of stress.
Is mostly just charming when not triggered. Is a perfectionist and dislikes being dirty. Will train his skill with the sword just about anywhere.

History: Alexis has lived on his own for about two years, after leaving the parental unit behind after a fight where they declared him a failure in life and a disappointment to the family, and he declared them to be stuck up and dull.

Part of these last two years he tempted (various jobs) his way through life, following classes in the evening, and barely supporting himself. Which changed quite a bit when he found a, much older, gentleman who wasn't all too interested in Alexis' mental state, but all the more in his physical fitness. The older man supported him financially and Alexis was perfectly fine with this. Of course he hasn't heard from this man for a bit now and he grew worried about where on earth to get money from again.

Though his family was quite fond of any type of gun, Alexis wasn't. Most probably due to the sheer fact his family was pro-guns, he took up the sword at a very early age and never stopped training and taking lessons in it, finding it quite fun, calming and something he was good at.
He took to wearing a sword where ever he was able to do so when he was still in school. Though school did have quite a few ways to make him part with his blade, obviously.

It was probably due to him speaking to himself and the way he carried himself that bullies weren't all too interested in picking on him in school. This, later, probably also aided him obtaining work, but not so much in keeping these for more than a few months.

Skills/Hobbies: Swordplay, fencing.
How you wish to join the Journey: TBA
Additional Notes:
- Knows Jack, due to living one door down in the same apartment building and sharing a passion for sharp, pointy things.
Starting Gear:
- His sword should be there, obviously.

Gekido

Cleo4u2

Saerra: He's perfect. My suggestion on how to join is to just meet up with us when we arrive at Jack's apartment. If you'd like, I will PM you when we get there.

Saerrael

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 02, 2012, 10:56:58 PM
Saerra: He's perfect. My suggestion on how to join is to just meet up with us when we arrive at Jack's apartment. If you'd like, I will PM you when we get there.

Sounds good :)

And I resent that. My characters are never perfect. That's the whole pooooint! *fakes a haughty glare*

Gekido

I think my char could be one of the only ones that can understand your chars madness Saerra :P

CurvyKitten

Character Sheet

Username
  Curvykitten
Character Name
Elena Josephine  Evens
Nick Name
From the few people she calls friends El, Pixie,
From the other students at the school: Freak, witch, tweaker, and probably countless more.
Age 19

Appearance

Height
5' 9"
Weight
125 Lbs.
Measurements
36DD-24-34
Hair
Dark brown
Eyes
Pale Blue

Sexuality
Bi
Personality
Several years ago most people would say that Elena was well adjusted and happy. She may have not have been the most popular girl in school. But it never really mattered to her. She was a social chameleon, her basic idea was if you were good to her she'd be good to you. Most always the tomboy, never backing down from a challenge. And never one to take crap from anyone, she was even known to stand up for someone that tried to give people crap.

But something changed about four years ago. No one but the school staff knows, but her mother past away. But that wasn't the whole story, whatever it was changed her. She pulled away from people, became the social outcast. Got into fights, and let her grades dropped. She is still a smart ass, and has been known to give her teachers a run for their money when it came to a battle of wits. She puts up a strong front and never admits to any pain. Stubborn to no end though sometimes that works against her. She is known for not doing her work, but oddly enough when asked to answer a question in class she can. It bugs the teachers to know end, which only makes her laugh.

The few friends she still has say she is fun loving and free spirited. She tends to be a great listener and for the most part is good at fixing and helping them out. Though they worry about her, her addictions, the bruises. But she always just shrugs it off and never really lets them know what is going on. Seems she is willing to help everyone else out, but not willing to let them get close enough to help her. Even after she started dating Jack she was still rough and tumble. But it seemed she was taking thing a bit more seriously and she didn't seem to come to school messed up anymore. It seemed a bit of the old Elena was coming out once again.

History
Elena Josephine Evens was born to Joseph Evens and Mari Evens. A young couple with hopes and dreams for their little girl. Her father took over her shop his father left to him. Her mother running the front office for him. And she grew up in a mostly happy house hold. Her father had a temper, but for the most part her mother had a handle on it. Keeping Elena from catching the brunt of it and being a balancing influence for her husband.

Elena grew up being a tomboy, the type of girl never afraid to get dirty. Which meant she was always getting into the engines with her father. Learning how things worked and how to fix or make them better. At the age of 10 she knew how to dismantle an engine block like it was second nature. Her mother showed her how to work the computers in the offices. And for some reason Elena understood them even better than her own mother did. It's kind of sad when you have to ask your own kid in to fix the computer you're supposed to be using.

Everything stayed like that till she had just turned 15, and her mother died. She hadn't even known her mother was sick. Her parents wanted to hide it from her. So when she finally got brought to the hospital just to watch her die she said good bye and broke. Yelling and screaming at everyone around her. She actually ran away for a little over a week. By the time she went back home Elena found her father already drunk. Starting to fall down the spiraling downfall he went down when he lost the love of his life.

From then on out things changed, her father became an abusive alcoholic. She started showing up to school wearing more layers or sunglasses to hide her bruises. Working at the shop to try and keep up the slack of her father. He would be passed out in his office while she worked on the cars they had in the shop. Eventually everything just got too much. Her grades slipped and she turned to drinking and drugs. The numbing it provided helped her cope with everything that was coming down on her.

She spent years falling further and further down a hole Elena never thought she would get out of. The only thing that ended up changing that was Jack Harth. The first time she met him was at the shop. He had questioned about her bruises but Elena blamed it on her work. She thought about him even then. But she didn't want to put the mess that was her life on him. And it would have stayed that way if he hadn't frequented the same bar she did. After chatting him up a few times there. He was leaving the bar one night when he overheard her struggling. Elena was fighting against an attacker that wanted to take advantage of her intoxicated state. He stepped in and got the guy away from her. To this day she couldn't really tell anyone what happened. Because before he could get back to her she passed out and collapsed to the ground. He took her to his place and took care of her till she was able to do so herself. It was the first time anyone ever confronted her about her drinking and drug use.

At first she told him off, but come to find out there was someone more stubborn then she was. And that person was Jack; he stayed around her visiting her more at the shop. And eventually getting her to face detox. It was a long hard time in her life, and without him she probably wouldn't have made it. He would see the worst of her during this time. And afterward he was in fact the only person she ever truly trusted in her life. From there he would let her stay at his place. To get away from her father, and even started showing her how to fight a bit.

After a while something changed, she couldn't really tell someone when her feelings for him grew stronger. Eventually it got too much for both of them, and they stopped holding back. She would claim he made the first move, and he'd probably say she was the one to break first. Either which way it ended with them getting together. They started officially started dating and she started spending more and more time at his place. He encouraged her to get back to school. And for the most part the only times she really avoided it was after a fight with her father. She hated to be seen with bruises or cuts. One of the worst attacks was when her father went off on her and took his belt to her back and the back of her thighs. The buckle cut into her skin and to this day leaves her scared. Though Jack somehow looks past them, and it only makes her want to be with him that much more.

Today she is still rough and tumble type of girl, more the girl to fix your engine and then drive the car better then you can. She doesn't cause as much trouble anymore. Though she still has an attitude about her, still hangs out at the biker bar and is still never one to take any crap from anyone...except her father anyway.  But she does seem to be finding a bit of a real way to her life. Who knows what that way will be once the world ends?

Skills/Hobbies
Extremely intelligent.
Elena has been tested more then once growing up. And she is actually incredibly intelligent. Specially when it comes to technology or cars. But do to her home life and drugs she is what most would say a wasted youth. Teachers having given up on her a while ago.
Gear head
If it has an engine she can fix it, or get it running no matter the condition. Add some wheels and she can drive the hell out of it.
Tech person
She had this odd understanding on how things worked. Computers mostly, probably goes back to her urge to learn how things worked. She started out being the head of her computer science class. But when her life changed she became more of a delinquent. Hacking school computers to change grades or get test scores.
Music
Music is what keeps her sane and centered. Before her mom died she was teaching Elena how to play the piano,and she became rather good at it. But once her mom died there went her teacher. She also has an amazing voice, though she doesn't really share it much anymore.
Limited knife fighting
Jack eventually took to teaching her a bit of self defense and knife fighting. He wanted to teach her how to fight against her abusive father.
How he/she met Michael
The first time she met him was when she was running late for school. Her father dropped her off, she apparently said something he didn't agree with. So he hopped out of the car and jerked her back by the arm nearly dislocating it. There was a short argument and then he let her go. Michael came up said he heard the argument, said she shouldn't let him hurt her. At first she told him off and simply ran away.

Days later she was walking through school sunglasses in place. A group of kids knocked her down, called her a freak for the way she dressed. Bucking up she to a swing at one of them. But before it got to bad a teacher broke it up. El started to just leave school but Michael stopped her. They chatted for a bit and she finished out the day. Granted she was suspended by the end of it but she at least finished out that day.
Additional Notes
She has an abusive father, works and basically runs the mechanics shop her father owns, used to be an addict so the urges still come back every once and a while, and she is and has been dating Jack Harth for nearly a year now.
Starting Gear
her duffel bag, laptop, cellphone, clothes, shoes, money, pocket knifes, small tools set, mp3 player, Biker armor given to her by Jack and her motorcycle.

CurvyKitten

There is my sheet, sorry it took a bit. My muse was being fickle and then I was working some fun stuff out with TheHangedMan. I can easily have Elena at Jack's probably after a fight with her dad. If he had gotten a hit in where people could see it she'd rather stay out of school a few days then face the questions about it. So I can have her having gone there to wait for him till he got home. Should be an interesting morning LOLZ.

And if anyone wants to work out any Back Ground ties let me know. I'm always open to more.

Branwen

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on October 25, 2012, 05:22:46 PM
We are looking for all characters at the moment, but getting a little heavy on girls (though they're all bi or "might be bi" so it's not a big deal).

Hey!  Not all of us!  :p

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Cleo4u2

Curvy Kitten Damn it TheHangedMan, I want her! Curvy I'm not gonna approve you until she breaks up with Jack. Okay, just kidding. She will do swimmingly and you actually get a Michael's reaction. Haven't had one of those in a bit =X I do have a question: What kind of addict was she?

Looking back on the first day they spoke, Michael seemed to be waiting for someone where she was being dropped off, despite that class had started. He also managed to be right where, if her father looked up, he would realize they had an audience. On top of that, her response to his words didn't seem to bother him any, despite their harshness.

The second time they met also seemed to be of some design as he was waiting at the school exit she was attempting to flee from. During their conversation, he made it clear he admired her skill with mechanics and not just because she was a woman.

Chreestafer Oh, I don't mind either, hence why I'm not closing off new female characters.

Branwen Such a rare creature, the straight female. Let us observe *snrk* <3

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 03, 2012, 09:44:07 AM
Curvy Kitten Damn it TheHangedMan, I want her! Curvy I'm not gonna approve you until she breaks up with Jack. Okay, just kidding. She will do swimmingly and you actually get a Michael's reaction. Haven't had one of those in a bit =X I do have a question: What kind of addict was she?

Looking back on the first day they spoke, Michael seemed to be waiting for someone where she was being dropped off, despite that class had started. He also managed to be right where, if her father looked up, he would realize they had an audience. On top of that, her response to his words didn't seem to bother him any, despite their harshness.

The second time they met also seemed to be of some design as he was waiting at the school exit she was attempting to flee from. During their conversation, he made it clear he admired her skill with mechanics and not just because she was a woman.

Woohoo I'm glad you like her. And no worries I can always make another character to play with. I'm always willing to play a few specially for the rp goodness!
other possible character models...:P

inspiration one

Appearance:

inspiration two

And noted, she probably suspected there was something weird about him. But in truth she didn't really have room to talk on weird or different. hehe They have probably talked a little bit then.

As for what kind of addict, alcoholic, pills, and something harder thinking because of the possible biker gangs maybe heroin? That is till Jack got her off of it, poor boy picked a toughy.

Cleo4u2

I'm not opening us up to double characters just yet, but if/when I do, I'll let you know. Also, I'd like to tempt her at some point with her addiction, if that's alright with you.

CurvyKitten

I'm fine with that, she will have to deal and fight her addictions for a while. It's a flaw or plot thingy feel free to use it.

Branwen

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 03, 2012, 09:44:07 AM
Branwen Such a rare creature, the straight female. Let us observe *snrk* <3

I know, right!  And my friend, my spotter, is a lesbian, and a hot one to boot!  It's going to be so hard staying straight. 

Eislynn

For the record, Madelyn is technically straight. It'll be up to others to convince her otherwise.

Branwen

Let's make a Straight Girl pledge, Katida desu!  :)  The loser has to buy chocolate for the entire group.

Eislynn

LOL, Branwen. That sounds like a challenge. The chocolate should be served on the loser. Or maybe the winner. I'm not sure.

I mean... I'm pretty sure staying straight in this game is the lose condition.

Interested

Username:  Interested
Character Name: Jake Green
Height: 5'11
Hair: brown
Eyes: green
Appearance: A tanned, muscular, sleek guy
Sexuality: bisexual
Personality: He's shy, introverted and "almost" closeted. He's not sure how to express himself and get out there to meet new friends and lovers. He loves to study and read, and write.
History:
Jake's had a strange life. He was born 19 years ago in a small town. He left at the age of 9 when his parents divorced with his mother to a large city (Well, Dallas). He almost never fit in, and he was bullied at a young age. Things started to get a little better as a teenager, and recently he's been wanting to "come out" very badly. Then, of course, all Hell has broken out even more recently, he's busy just trying to survive.
Skills/Hobbies: writing, first-aid, martial arts, endurance, herbology
How he joined Michael on his journey: Michael met Jacob Green as the latter had just been mugged and assaulted by strange men.
Additional Notes: Not sure.
Starting Gear:
A first aid kit, some notes to write in, medicine and herbs.

Cleo4u2

Hey Interested. I have some points about your character. First off, Dallas is not a small city and McKinney is basically in Dallas.
Dallas is the fourth largest city in the USA. Secondly, Michael would never allow himself to be hurt badly enough to be mugged or assaulted by multiple people, especially not this close to doomsday. Third, he's a little old to be in high school, but we can introduce him another way if you'd like.

Other than that, he looks fine and a good fit for our band. So let me know what you think about those changes and we'll see about getting him involved.

Interested

I"m glad you are okay with it despite the glaring errors.

Also, I thought that I wrote in that Michael saw Jake get assaulted and beaten.

Oh, and I edited it.

Cleo4u2

Lance protected Michael from being attacked, meaning he never was. Jack saw him being picked on, maybe pushed around a little bit. Like I said, he wouldn't allow himself to be hurt very badly.

Interested

IS there something that I skimmed over too fast and thus don't understand. I thought we were talking about my character?

Cleo4u2

Ugh, no, I'm dyslexic tonight. That's the second time I've done that. Your character is perfect and accepted into the game. I'm going to PM you with how I'd like him to join.

Miyu

Cleo4u2

Miyu

Can you let me know what you need, fighters? smart people? what do you need the most right now?

Cleo4u2

Miyu

How about a girl with parents on the military, her parents could had made her learn guns?

Chreestafer

Miyu. My character is a navy brat maybe they can have some history? He is well was going to be a navy seal.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Miyu

I still have no idea what to do, but seeing that a person already has that idea I guess that is going to the scrap. Perhaps her father was a police and helped her learn about guns as a hobby but she took it seriously getting a license as soon as she could.

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Miyu

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

apygoos

ill just leave this here..

Character Sheet

Username:  apygoos
Character Name: Thomas Baker
Height: 6'0
Hair: dark red
Eyes:green
Appearance: fair skin, slim, athletic build, with only as much of a tan that a redhead can get
Sexuality: bi leaning more towards women, switch, he leans sub but can be a dom if he wants
Personality: he can be very shy and leaned back, almost care free in nature, but if he needs to get down to business, he can get pretty serious. He loves to write stories and read manga.
History: He was a smart, but quiet kid for the most part. Hes always had badluck with women, and men for that matter alike. It may be because hes always been on the shy side but who knows. His parents though were avid gun enthusiast, and though none would suspect it, he knows his weapons, how to use them, and take care of them. Not really having any friends he finds fun in games, writing, and reading manga.
Skills/Hobbies:gun use and maintenence, Tracking animals or others
How he meets upl: While he missed that day of class whereeveryone headed out, he ehard about it, and set out towards a gun shop, hoping to meetup with the group there, and offer his assistance in weapon selection
Additional Notes:while he leans stronger toward women, I wouldn't mind if guys wanted to make moves on him :)
Starting Gear: a large bag full of weapons and canned goods, swiss army knife, hunting knife, 2 notebooks, some pens and of course some of his manga

Branwen

Quote from: Miyu on November 04, 2012, 04:01:28 PM
Can you let me know what you need, fighters? smart people? what do you need the most right now?
More cheerleaders!  We almost have enough for some stunts.

Cleo4u2

Hey Apygoos. The character looks good, but I won't be able to fit him in that way. We have a supply run tonight, but your character would not have any way to know where they're going to get supplies from and even if he did, the scenario that will be occurring doesn't allow for someone there to just help out.

Miyu

Character Sheet

Username:  Miyu
Character Name: Jessica Johnson ‘J.J.’
Height: 5’4”
Eyes: Black
Appearance: (I would love to learn the models name if anybody knows it)

Personality: She is a woman that is not afraid of expressing her opinion even if she has to be loud about it. However she is the girl that after she expressed her opinion she would sit quietly to hear you talk. She is an all-around good girl that often times gets mixed up with bullies since they tend to pick on her. She never cried or never showed any emotion when being bullied she just pick her stuff up and continue walking. To people that don’t know the real her she can be rather quiet and distant, people at school call her ‘Ice Queen’ since they almost never seen her smile and those who had ended up becoming her friends sooner or later.
History:
She was born in a cop family, both parents being cops made her deal with the fact that sooner or later they would die on duty. She often fights with her parents for simple things however they always end up hugging each other and forgetting whatever happened. She loves her parents to death and will always do her best to make them proud. At the age of sixteen she got shot during an robbery attempt on her house, she spent six months in a coma which caused her to miss an entire year of school.

When she went back to school she knew that her eighteen birthday will grab her in senior year but she didn’t really care. She started learning guns with her parents however she focused mainly on sniper rifles since she loved the challenge of aiming. She became a really good shot thanks to her parents teachings and often times spent her free time on her parents private gun range practicing, to her it was a way to release stress. She began learning everything she could about guns while taking classes inside school, however soon the bullying started.

She got picked on a lot, however she always seemed to not really care about that. It got to the point where bullies broke her skirt and panties and she just stood up and walked to the gym to pick up her extra clothing without a care on the world. However as soon as she reached her house she would unload a couple of rounds on her parents range and release the stress from the day. On school she was often called ‘Ice Queen’ by the people that didn’t knew her because of how indifferent she was to the bullying.

However people began to see her smile and enjoy herself, she began to get more friendly as she got to senior year. The ‘Ice Queen’ tittle was replaced by JJ. However everybody knew that she would not fight a bully, everybody knew that she had a gun license gotten thanks to her parents connections and everybody knew that if you messed with her you won’t get the satisfaction of watching her cry or beg, getting bullied meant that the school would get the ‘Ice Queen’ for the reminder of the day.

Skills/Hobbies: Guns, Snipers, Boys, Girls, Swimming, Exercising, Singing (She has an amazing voice), Cooking.
How he/she met Michael: She stood up for him one time when he was getting bullied driving all the attention of the bullies to her and only her allowing him to escape.

Additional Notes: I would like to see her have some type of relationship with one of the girls sooner or later. Be the talk about of the group however that is not a key factor.
Starting Gear: Just her laptop, some water and chips that she got from the vending machine.

Blonde

I am off work for a while, so have been partying like a loon these past weeks and spending time with the fella. I tend to go awol.

Anywho, I'll try and catch up.

Branwen

Interested, what's that book you're writing?  Anything you care to tell us about?

Cleo4u2

Jesus, Miyu, I'm sorry. I meant to tell you I approved this twice and got distracted both times. The only point I would change us that Michael wouldn't have run off, but waited for the bullys to get bored and leave, then thank her and talk to her some.

Is there a way you'd like her to join the group?

Miyu

mmm about how they met no idea, you guys are already advanced in the storyline so I am kinda stuck as to how they met. I don't think she would be there when he made the proclamation but I could be wrong. I honestly have no idea what to do since I think you guys are already on the road.

TheHangedOne

Maybe she is in the same building as Tristyn's apartment? Or she could be walking along the road and sees them?
Check out my poet tree!

Miyu

umm no she already lives in her parents house outside the main city, reason why she has her own shooting range. :)

Chreestafer

like i said Miyu we could have some ties somewhere along the way? maybe you were one of the girls i liked as a kid and got beat up for liking you or i know you from the shooting range?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Miyu

That could work, you might know that my family collects weapons and decide to stop by my house?

Chreestafer

which one? lol i liked you? or know u from the range? we could play off either or both in the future?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Miyu

Her fathers firing range can be okay, he could know her since he visited her a couple of times. He might also know she is a good shot which could make the group wanna go to her?. She is the kind of girl that would not go to school if she could manage it so her parents staying in sleeping means nobody woke her up :P

Cleo4u2

That sounds good to me. Try can pick her up before the supply run but the interaction will have to be short, then can continue in the convoy. That way we don't wait to long to get apygoos involved. Miyu, you can go say hi in the ic/ooc thread if you like and you can both go some back story work in before the end if you like.

Blonde, let me know if you want done help getting her re involved

Edrick

Character Sheet

Username:  Edrick
Character Name: Dean Rundstedt
Height: 6' 3"
Hair:  black
Eyes:  blue
Appearance:  Tall medium build guy, handsome but 'dark' looking in a way.

Personality:  loner that is out to live life as he sees fit, and not restricted by the status qua.  Not known to be an evil or bad person, but not afraid to hurt those that get in his way.

History: Dean was always the rebel without a cause in high school, known by many.  He was not the normal bully type, more like the mafia member that dealt with the 'business' of the school.  As long as their was pay involved, he was in on the action.  Getting things other kids were not brave enough to get for themselves; things like beer, cigarettes, drugs, etc.  The video of the girl's field hockey team in the showers and lockers, got him a good amount of cash from a large population of the boys in school.

On one such 'business' deal, he was caught and expelled.  It did not bother him, as he did not care much for school and what it offered.  Instead, he was found in the parking lot every day after school and sneaking inside after hours to continue his dealings.

His father was in jail and his mother a stripper addicted to drugs, so it was him trying to learn to survive and find his own way in life.  Probably the cause of the way he turned out, but he was not one to secretly cry about it or want negative attention as he acted out.  He just saw how the real world worked, and he would not be left being a slave of false hopes and dreams of the perfect life.

Skills/Hobbies: organized crime, drug dealing, stealing, lock picking/breaking in and entering, shooting.

How you wish to join the Journey: Dean had noticed something strange going on as he drove by the high school in his Mustang, seeing a small group of students getting in cars he follows them from a distance so he would not be seen.

Additional Notes:  Dean is not part of the group or known to be around, he is following them for his own reasons alone.  If he was spotted he would be known by everyone most likely, but he was doing his best to avoid that.

Edrick

sorry, I thought i was in the interested forum, had several of the blind faith forums open at one time.

Cleo4u2

Quote from: Edrick on November 07, 2012, 08:44:54 PM
sorry, I thought i was in the interested forum, had several of the blind faith forums open at one time.

ha ha, it happens, don't worry about it. Like I said, we're just trying to keep the IC/OOC uncluttered 'cause when we started it really was.

You are approved and may go make mischief! I'm putting your post order above mine and let us all know if you just want to be skipped, etc.

Branwen

Dean was always the rebel without a cause...

I see what you did there!  Very funny!

Edrick

Cleo4u2

We are still looking for new members. I should be able to get anyone interested into the game fairly soon

Frank Reshman

Room for one more? And could I get a synopsis posted or linked to a place where I could catch up on the story?  I guess I could be thrown into the group and just gather bits and pieces of it through exposition, either way.  Should I just make up a character and start posting after i'm approved?

Crowe

Post your character here or PM Cleo for approval. We always welcome enthusiastic minds :-)

Cleo4u2

<3 crowe

I'll put together a summary tonight, but atm I'm looking for people who weren't with the original grooup

Frank Reshman

What a coincidence! I wasn't with the original group!   ;D

Barring total catastrophe, I should have a character sheet sent to you by tomorrow.

AribethAmkiir

Wow.  I don't know where I was in October, or November of that matter, but this game seems very intriguing. 

Are there any character types that are missing and/or sorely needed? 

What speed/post rate is the game currently demanding? 

Cleo4u2

Currently we're at once a week, but I'm hoping to speed us back up to two or three times a week at the least. I lost my "damsel in distress" character, but I"m not looking to have real character types. Whatever people want to play. We have plenty of people who know self-defense and guns, plus a "medic" of sorts. We also have a mechanic and a farmer, plus a "McGyver". What I'd like to see is someone who knows architecture, science, that kind of thing. We currently can't make defenses or our own medicine, etc.

Also, anyone wanting to join, I have a scenario coming up that will help you in, so don't worry about that requirement just yet.

Frank Reshman

Character Sheet

Username:  Frank Reshman
Character Name: John Anderson
Height: 6'2
Hair: Short brown
Eyes: Deep blue
Appearance:
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality: Calculating, calm, slow to anger, uses violence as a last resort.
History:
Skills/Hobbies: Tinkering with anything mechanical.  Likes doing physics equations in his free time.
How he/she met Michael: Haven't met him yet.
Additional Notes:
Starting Gear: Screwdriver, wrench, some bolts and screws, duct tape, his father's service pistol, a few spare magazines of ammo, enough food for 2 weeks, enough water for 2 weeks, a sleeping bag, a few bobby pins, and a locket with a picture in it.

Rough draft.  Still just filling in his History, but I have an estimate of what he's going to be.  His father was in the army and died when he was young, his mother disappeared with everyone else, and his sister was in another state visiting with his aunt and uncle when the event started.  She's 14.

So PM me if I need to change anything or add anything. 

Cleo4u2

*puts on sunglasses* Well hellooo, Mister Anderson.

I'd really like to see some history on him, but he looks alright. I just have a few questions - why is he carrying random screws and bolts? You said to see picture for his appearance, but there is no picture?

Anyone looking to join: If I can get two or three new people in the next day or so, I would really like to toss you into a thread ASAP to start the next scene. Like I said, it's usually difficult to get people started, but I want to take as great an advantage of this situation as possible.

Crowe

Maybe he's a mechanic and was on his way to work or something? :-\

Cleo4u2

Crowe

Frank Reshman

I'm facepalming as hard as I can, guys.  Sorry, seem to have forgotten a few major things about my character.  Like, y'know, what he looks like and why he likes tinkering and such.  revising original draft.

Cleo4u2

Alright, noticed you updated him. You're approved, so could you put him in the Character sheet thread? I'd do it myself, but you'll still need to give him a background. Also, feel free to say hi in the IC/OOC thread and I'll be PMing you shortly.

Cleo4u2

Update to any prospective players, I cant take any more straight guys. We're full up, sorry

Cleo4u2

I'm looking for a girl or two to join us, as well as a gay/bisexual guy. We've had a really slow period over the Holiday and I'd like to get started again with a little bang.

Avengel69

I'm bi-sexual guy! I've only had a couple role plays under my belt though. So I'm a rookie ;)

Cleo4u2

That's fine, dove. Have you ever done a group RP before?

What I need you to do to join is take the character sheet from the first page and create someone with it. Age guidelines are 17-22 and you are required to have at least one useful skill. The examples of other player's character sheets are all through this page and the approved ones are here. When you've got a sheet ready, PM it to me or post it up here and I'll get back to you if it needs anything or needs any redactions.