The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lunarius

Feisty Grifter: Shade
Group Affiliation: Formerly one of King Pin's fist, otherwise: On the Fence (X-men Recruit)
Height: 5' 8"
Weight:125lbs
Arch-Enemies:King-Pin, Count Dracula, Hydra, Bullseye, Anyone who knows of the bounty on her head
Nickname:Gwen, Shade, Thief, Smokey, Boots (She will attempt to punch anyone who calls her the last two nicknames)

Powers: 
Smoke manipulation: Gwen's body seems to be surrounded by some sort of dark, odorless smoke that she twists into a form of clothing. It seems but a shadow otherwise, that swirls over her body, like a rain cloud that hovers over head. Because of this she can manipulate smoke, from the shadowy substance that swirls her form, to the smoke from the blaze of a burning building.

Shadow form: Due to an unfortunate run in with a vampire on the streets of Paris. Gwen's powers mutated in ways she's still seeking to explain. When she was bit, her genes mutated, giving her the ability to become the very smoke she could control. An ability she is rather fond of.

See in the Dark: Another perk of being bit by a vampire.

Drawbacks:
When Gwen shifts into her shadow/smoke form, she has a great control over where she goes. However, wind currents tend to be an issue.
She also has a heightened sensitivity to sun light due to the vampiric virus. As such her powers are quite weaker during the day than in the night and her eyes are more sensitive to sunlight, so she typically wears shades, even inside if the light is too bright.

Skills:
Thieving Skills: Pick-pocketing, lock-picking, stealthiness

Language Skills:Fluent French,Fluent English, Accented Spanish

Fighting Skills: Master of Savate: French style of kick boxing, as well as dirty tricks. Extremely flexible, which is also useful in her infiltrating skills.
Bio:
The streets of Paris should never be a place for a child on her own. Subjected to drunks, drugs, and thieves Gwen found herself at the tender age of 9 taken in by a small group of thieves. Using her innocent face to distracted they started off using her for small jobs. As they gained more and more confidence she would distracte security guards in banks, or hospitals so they could rob the place.

When her powers came out, she didn't know what was wrong. The faint smoke that had surrounded her struck fear into her "friends". Growing fearful she would get them into trouble, they attempted to kill her, but the smoke grew thicker and thicker, and eventually suffocated them. She ran away, fleeing for her life as she tried to gain better control over her powers.

One night as she snuck into the catacombs, she was ambushed, taken in by a group of vampires who attempted to turn her. Their virus however backfired, instead of turning her completely, it warped her already screwed up genes. Her powers became a bit more prominent, but harder for her to control with such a little understanding. Her body turned completely to smoke and she felt herself whisked away by a breeze when she was left for dead on the streets.

When she formed, another mutant by the name of King Pin found her and took her under his fat wing. The man cleaned her up, manipulated her into believe he knew what her life was like. Feeding her the story she wanted to hear. That she belonged somewhere. When she realized what it meant, it was a bit too late. She was in deep. Running scams for him, taking out potential issues that arose.

She was given lessons in fighting, her heart falling into Savate. She trained every chance she got, using it in the hits as well as the break downs. If he needed her to break someone she did it without question. Until one night he asked her to do the impossible. Break one of her own rules. That wasn't going to happen.

Taking her "hits" she put them in the protective custody of one of her most trusted "friends". Leaving enough money for them to get by for the time being. One night two weeks later, after King Pin had seemingly calmed down at her failure she went to see them, make sure they had enough to last them a while. The sight before her broke her, something in the layers she'd put up to shield her head from what she'd done all these years snapped.

Heading back to HQ she tossed the fat bastard and a few of his men out the window, the men with broken necks, him with a broken arm from the sheer force of the fall. Bastard was Lucky. Literally, if it hadn't been for Bullseye rearing his ugly head she would have completely fucked him up. Broken, bleeding from various parts of her body, she came to the mansion and enrolled as a student. Something she never imagined she'd do in all her years in crime.

Peace was inevitable, as she healed she fulfilled the requirements placed upon her by Logan. Every other day she saw a crisis counselor who was mean to help her let go of her anger. Be it at the world for hating who she was, or King Pin. Though it wasn't something she wasn't ready for yet. Her anger at King Pin remained so she helped stage the attack on him and aided in the rescue of Lady Luck. While the team no doubt did it because of the imprisonment of another mutant. She did it simply to piss him the fuck off.

Shades Social Web(All will pretty much be a work in progress)
Logan: Unsure just now, seems strong, would enjoy a brawl with him
Rogue:N/A
Banshee:N/A
WyldCat: N/A
IceMan:N/A
Lady Luck: Had seen her within KingPin's grasp. Never had much of a chance to speak with her
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Ebb

Those are great characters, doodasaurus and Lunarius.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Kokaine

Oh my... very nice choice on faces Lady L ;)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Kokaine on July 10, 2013, 08:27:27 PM
Oh my... very nice choice on faces Lady L ;)

I love love love Meghan Ory. Love her
LaLu's Delicious treats!

kckolbe

I have never heard of that version of Kurt.  Is that all your idea, or was that in one of the comics? 

And LL, I like her, and would like to have Sean involved in her "rescue."  He does have a lot of police ties, after all.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: kckolbe on July 10, 2013, 08:30:02 PM
I have never heard of that version of Kurt.  Is that all your idea, or was that in one of the comics? 

And LL, I like her, and would like to have Sean involved in her "rescue."  He does have a lot of police ties, after all.

She might need that help...after all she pissed off King Pin. Who fucking does that besides Logan >.>*Bounces around* I would get it up there after Phantom gets offline. XD
LaLu's Delicious treats!

doodasaurus

Ebb, thanks!

I am also fond of Megan Ory, indeed.  *nods head*

kckoble, no, but it does date me.  ;D  This version of Nightcrawler was introduced in the first series (I believe it was the first run) of Excalibur where it was a group of British/Euro themed superheroes.  In the series, they went to a dimension where the Nazis had won WWII.  I expanded on the idea considerably but that's the origin of the concept!

kckolbe

Quote from: doodasaurus on July 10, 2013, 08:34:09 PM
kckoble, no, but it does date me.  ;D  This version of Nightcrawler was introduced in the first series (I believe it was the first run) of Excalibur where it was a group of British/Euro themed superheroes.  In the series, they went to a dimension where the Nazis had won WWII.  I expanded on the idea considerably but that's the origin of the concept!

Oh wow.  It makes sense for the audience...but wow.  This was a delightful bit of information, as well as a wonderful argument against stressing over "remaining true to canon".
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

PhantomPistoleer

I haven't formed any opinions yet on the new characters.  I will be going over them tonight, so worry not.  I am happy that the game has received so much attention, though.  I will be working on a Character Roster section, and will have it finished by tonight.

Quote from: Kokaine on July 10, 2013, 07:20:58 PM
Question: Are sexual relationships/dating between students and teachers frowned upon or blatantly against the rules?

I definitely have an opinion on this.  I know that it creates an ambiance of conflict in other "sandbox" games, but I feel that in a game like this, this idea is fake.  I don't want this to be a sexual satire of the X-Men, but at the same time, I don't want to add fake implications that fake denies you (not YOU personally, Kokaine, the plural you) from having a little bit of fun.  It doesn't advance the storyline, it hinders it.  So, there is limitation.  The perception will be that it's just an affair between two consenting adults, and as long as it's not done for the purposes of blackmail or to gain a better grade, it's permissible. 
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kokaine

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 10, 2013, 08:53:15 PM
I definitely have an opinion on this.  I know that it creates an ambiance of conflict in other "sandbox" games, but I feel that in a game like this, this idea is fake.  I don't want this to be a sexual satire of the X-Men, but at the same time, I don't want to add fake implications that fake denies you (not YOU personally, Kokaine, the plural you) from having a little bit of fun.  It doesn't advance the storyline, it hinders it.  So, there is limitation.  The perception will be that it's just an affair between two consenting adults, and as long as it's not done for the purposes of blackmail or to gain a better grade, it's permissible. 

That works for me. It's not like I even had any ideas for that sort of thing with Dev, I just wanted to know before the issue even came up since it usually always does and thought it'd be good general knowledge. Appreciate the response Mr. GM.

My O/Os

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kokaine on July 10, 2013, 09:00:12 PM
That works for me. It's not like I even had any ideas for that sort of thing with Dev, I just wanted to know before the issue even came up since it usually always does and thought it'd be good general knowledge. Appreciate the response Mr. GM.

It is a good question, Kokaine.  Thank you for asking it. :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Kokaine

My O/Os

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Kokaine on July 10, 2013, 09:21:08 PM
You alright Lady? o.o

Um I think so, I had something to say...then lost it and the lalalala's came out...apparently i posted instead of skipping out on it...cause I do the alt + s to post....so it sometimes escapes before I think
LaLu's Delicious treats!

yaracyrrah

Is the setting flexible enough that I could create an alternate version of May Parker (Spider-Girl) who gets sent to Xavier's for training instead of being let loose on New York City?  (I'd punt the question of whether she's technically a mutant or not.)  Or should I just create a completely non-canonical character with a similar schtick?

Kokaine

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 10, 2013, 09:22:06 PM
Um I think so, I had something to say...then lost it and the lalalala's came out...apparently i posted instead of skipping out on it...cause I do the alt + s to post....so it sometimes escapes before I think

LMAO.. well, as long as you're okay... ::)

My O/Os

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: yaracyrrah on July 10, 2013, 09:34:43 PM
Is the setting flexible enough that I could create an alternate version of May Parker (Spider-Girl) who gets sent to Xavier's for training instead of being let loose on New York City?  (I'd punt the question of whether she's technically a mutant or not.)  Or should I just create a completely non-canonical character with a similar schtick?

Toss her in!  It might be awesome. :)

But she will be from the future, AND from an alternate dimension.  And her father, in this dimension, IS SUPERIOR!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Kokaine on July 10, 2013, 09:40:13 PM
LMAO.. well, as long as you're okay... ::)

I think the heat got to me. It's effing hot in this house. Plus I really really hope my girlie gets in.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 10, 2013, 09:51:40 PM
I think the heat got to me. It's effing hot in this house. Plus I really really hope my girlie gets in.

Lady Lunarius, what makes you think that I would tell you no?  I'm sorry if I gave you that feeling.  :)

I'm sorry that I haven't commented on it, it's just that I'm working on the game right now.  Of course, there will have to be a couple of modifications -- but you're a great RPer, Lunarius!  The game will totally benefit from having you around!  :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 10, 2013, 10:02:03 PM
Lady Lunarius, what makes you think that I would tell you no?  I'm sorry if I gave you that feeling.  :)

I'm sorry that I haven't commented on it, it's just that I'm working on the game right now.  Of course, there will have to be a couple of modifications -- but you're a great RPer, Lunarius!  The game will totally benefit from having you around!  :)

I wasn't ..I'm sorry I was just bouncing around, I didn't think you'd outright reject me. That only happened once and I kinda deserved it..was drunk off my ass. *She was still an awesome character* >.> Take your time I can wait, I have posts to keep me. ^_^ *Dances around and pokes* It'll be fun to game with you again.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Kokaine

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 10, 2013, 09:51:40 PM

Oh I know all about the freakin heat. It's terrible, ugh.
But yes, I hope your girlie gets in too. It seems like she and Dev could ether get along rather well (you know, eventually) or bump heads completely.

My O/Os

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Kokaine on July 10, 2013, 10:05:32 PM
Oh I know all about the freakin heat. It's terrible, ugh.
But yes, I hope your girlie gets in too. It seems like she and Dev could ether get along rather well (you know, eventually) or bump heads completely.

Probably both. She's fiercely loyal. If she thinks you're alright then she'll have your back. If you're a douche...haha well it'll be interesting
LaLu's Delicious treats!

doodasaurus

Oh, dear.  *looks at his rather douche-y character*  Well, there's that!  ;D