Nemesis: Dome 118 (interest check)

Started by StormRanger779, June 20, 2014, 12:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormRanger779

In the year 2024 a unpredicted catastrophe befell Earth in the form of a meteor. It stuck in the nation of Russia causing radioactive fallout throughout the northern part of Russia, but this wasn't the only danger. Mysterious creatures, code named Nemesis, emerged from the meteor consuming every living being in their path. Unable to stop their destructive rampage caused Russia to collapse and be consumed by the surrounding nations they fought for years to repel the monstrosities  to no prevail. Over the next 20 years the United Nations conducted human experiments to try and create the ultimate soldier to combat this monsters, while the United states, Canada, Japan, Australia, and a few smaller countries build giant walls to protect themselves form the onslaught of annihilation.  In the final days of this war, the UN unleashed a type of Soldier they called "Slayers" upon the creatures, wielding powers of unknown origins, these Slayers drove the monstrosities back to the borders that was once Russia. Two years of peace would reign until the Nemesis began to spring up in other parts of the world where they never even set foot, so to speak, like the United States, Australia, and Africa, driving Humanity to the brink of extinction.

Now 200 years later, the events of the past long forgotten but the survivors, whom call this era "After Nemesis" or AN for short. Confound themselves in massive underground cities called Domes to escape the annihilation of Earth. Descendents of the Slayers, now called Protectors, guard the Domes from the Nemesis, with their mysterious power now called Ki, while trying to live normal lives. These Domes have no communication with each other, using artificial foods and water purifiers to survive. This is where our story begins, in Dome 118 known as New Rio...

This is mostly about Protectors trying to live normal lives among other humans, how will they react? How will humans react? Can they live normal lives? That kind of thing.

A little about the Nemesis, They are insect in appearance ranging in all shapes and sizes no smaller then they average human, and as large as a skyscraper. The classification of them is based on size the human sized ones are called Soldiers, while the Skyscraper sized are called Behemoths.

Protector's are the core of a Dome's military, while normal humans can also enlist the protectors are the front line soldiers. They all adorn Military uniforms baring the crest of their respected Dome, which is commonly just a circle with the Domes number in the center.

Each character has a unique ability only they can use, this can be anything with in the confines of a mortal body. Also, the Ki element is just as it is in mythology, it flows through all living things, meaning though Ki Control, our character's can pull Ki form other life forms except Nemesis, They don't have the same Ki that Earth has.

Character Sheet

Name: (Please give a first and last name)

Race: (is your character Human or protector?)

Abilities: (This only really applies to Protectors but you can give a list of some for normal humans too.)

Weapons (if any): (NOTE: weapons used by Protectors have Ki based. I.E. Guns that never run out of ammo.)

Nationality: (Where is your character from?)

Appearance: (Pic or description please)

History: (what happened to your character to get him/her to this point?)

Current Characters
Name: Tristan Wulfe

Race: Protector

Abilities: Tactical Insight (see weaknesses in enemies), Inhuman strength and speed. Omega Strain, (A Symbiotic  life form created by his father, takes control of his mind and body with he accepts his death. When Omega takes over Tristan has the ability to use the Ki of The Nemesis.)

Weapons (if any): four cutlasses, two on each hip.

Nationality: German

Appearance: Long, brown hair that reaches his chin. Emerald green eyes filled with pain and sorrow. Black tactical uniform.

History: Tristan was born in Dome 104 AKA New Berlin to Dr. Nikoli Wulfe, whom was well known for his research on the Nemesis, and Nikoli's wife, Major Mika Wulfe, a well known protector. Tristan was used as Nikoli's lab rat, while his mother trained him mercilessly in the art of Swordsmanship.  At age 10, New Berlin was attacked by a Abnormal Nemesis, meaning it did something no other Nemesis has done, and was destroyed as a result. After that event Tristan lost all of his memories, even his mother, and was left at Dome 118 at age 11 by his father. 

Name: Matilda "Matty" Wares

Abilities: Technopathy, Inhuman Strength, Ki Infusion into inanimate objects

Weapons (if any): Exoskeleton, TESLA .50 Cal Handgun, Standard issue military knife

Nationality: American

History: Dome 209 (Washington, DC) was the safest place on the North American mainland meaning they were using the area to train Protectors. Much like there once was Wes Point Naval Academy instead there was a Protector Academy. And if your child was found to exhibit any kind of Ki manipulation, the US government forced them into training from their discovery. So Matty spent little time as a little girl when they found her controlling technology in her preschool. From there she no longer spent any time in the Wares' household. Instead she was a future Protector and her family should be honored to have such a special child.

She responded well to the training that they gave her, with them quickly learning her ability to communicate with technology confounded most scientists. No matter how new the technology, she could make it do what she wanted it to. But it seemed to them that she did not share in the very enhanced strength that other Protectors possessed. She still possessed strength greater than a human but not compared to the average of other Protectors. Thus she needed to follow a special track. She needed to learn about technology and learn she did.

It could be considered one of the rare times in her life where she could be normal. They sent her to a school to become an engineer. She needed to learn about everything that had to do with it. So she did, working on a design while she was in school optimizing with any new knowledge she encountered. By the time she graduated from college, she developed a knack for optimizing technology. So she developed an Exoskeleton, which she could use to boost her own abilities to amazing levels.

She went into operational status shortly thereafter fighting a series of Nemeses. Matty proved her worth and so was allowed to be moved to a detail in one of the other domes. The dome she ended up in was 118.

Writersblockade

Interesting. Monster hunt with slice of life? How does the Ki element work? Is there a limited amount of Ki that can be stored? And in that case, would that give us a chance to develop small/med/large power moves?

I'll keep an eye out. I like a good power-based story!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Divine Tenacity

This looks quite interesting as well!

Give me a day or two to decide if I want in or not.
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

StormRanger779

Quote from: Writersblockade on June 23, 2014, 10:46:50 PM
Interesting. Monster hunt with slice of life? How does the Ki element work? Is there a limited amount of Ki that can be stored? And in that case, would that give us a chance to develop small/med/large power moves?

I'll keep an eye out. I like a good power-based story!

The Ki element works like you'd expect, limited but the more your character trains the higher that limit gets. Ki is stored naturally, and you can develop power moves, just keep the DBZ K blast stuff to a minimum please. xD

Biles

I wonder if its possible to expand on this idea a lil bit more. I was thinking players could also play as some of these Nemesis creatures. Maybe at some point they begin to get smarter by abducting humans, mostly protector to create a new breed of warriors to finally wipe out humanity once and for all.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

StormRanger779

Of course is always a possibility the nemesis will get smarter and while I have dwelled on the concept I want to hold off on introducing a new breed of nemesis for a while as well as expand on the slayer project some more. With that said players are still free to create a nemesis character I won't stop anyone who wishes to make one.

StormRanger779

I added a few more details as well as a Character.

Swordsman18

Name: Matilda "Matty" Wares

Abilities: Technopathy, Inhuman Strength, Ki Infusion into inanimate objects

Weapons (if any): Exoskeleton, TESLA .50 Cal Handgun, Standard issue military knife

Nationality: American

History: Dome 209 (Washington, DC) was the safest place on the North American mainland meaning they were using the area to train Protectors. Much like there once was West Point Naval Academy instead there was a Protector Academy. And if your child was found to exhibit any kind of Ki manipulation, the US government forced them into training from their discovery. So Matty spent little time as a little girl when they found her controlling technology in her pre-school. From there she no longer spent any time in the Wares' household. Instead she was a future Protector and her family should be honored to have such a special child.

She responded well to the training that they gave her, with them quickly learning her ability to communicate with technology confounded most scientists. No matter how new the technology, she could make it do what she wanted it to. But it seemed to them that she did not share in the very enhanced strength that other Protectors possessed. She still possessed strength greater than a human but not compared to the average of other Protectors. Thus she needed to follow a special track. She needed to learn about technology and learn she did.

It could be considered one of the rare times in her life where she could be normal. They sent her to a school to become an engineer. She needed to learn about everything that had to do with it. So she did, working on a design while she was in school optimizing with any new knowledge she encountered. By the time she graduated from college, she developed a knack for optimizing technology. So she developed an Exoskeleton, which she could use to boost her own abilities to amazing levels.

She went into operational status shortly thereafter fighting a series of Nemeses. Matty proved her worth and so was allowed to be moved to a detail in one of the other domes. The dome she ended up in was 118.

StormRanger779

A few spelling errors, but other then that pretty good. I'll make the corrections and add it to the list of characters.

Swordsman18

I edited it so we should be all good now.

StormRanger779

Awesome, I'm gonna wait a few more weeks see of more people decide to join.

Biles

I'd be willing to play a Nemesis if there were players willing to play either a shemale, futa, or a trap. Protector or average human.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

StormRanger779

Quote from: Biles on June 28, 2014, 07:40:54 PM
I'd be willing to play a Nemesis if there were players willing to play either a shemale, futa, or a trap. Protector or average human.

I haven't had any so far.