Lost is Great.... but what Next??

Started by Jester, May 28, 2009, 10:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

I like Lost. I like the attractive cast and the suspension.

What else should me and SO watch next? I like the look of 24 but would Heroes be better? I like the look of that Cheerleader!

All suggestions welcome.

Oniya

Are you looking for an up-and-coming series, or something that's already established?  'Burn Notice' (on USA) has a lot of suspense, good setting (Miami) and a good cast (Bruce 'I'm not Ash' Campbell as a sidekick, and the guys here find Fiona really easy on the eyes ;)).  For up-and-coming, I'm personally intrigued by Sci-Fi's 'Warehouse 13' - assuming they don't get something good started only to drop it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jester

ooooh Burn Notice looks good and so does Fiona.

is it on DVD?

so do you guys get any english programmes? if you say you get eastenders i might kill myself. but doctor who and some stuff is quite good.

Oniya

I think Burn Notice's first season might be on DVD - they're entering third season over here.  We get BBC America on our satellite, and both Doctor Who and Torchwood are favorites.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

The Overlord

TV Schmeevee...sign up for one good MMO and you'll be considering kicking your TV to the curb.

Jester

Unfortunately my SO likes to cuddle on the couch.

We hav just purchased two 2 seaters yet we still have to sit on the same couch!! So i think MMO might be the end of our realtionship.

Glad you like Doctor Who. Not quite "got" torchwood yet.

SO Oniya do you recommend Heroes?

Oniya

I've never actually watched Heroes - or Lost for that matter, despite once having an RP idea that people told me was like it.

consortium11

Heroes is pretty hit and miss. The first series was good but since then it's gone a bit off the tracks. The plot lines got confused and some of the characterisation had fallen a bit flat... and their recycling of mainstream comic stories has become more blatant. It's worth a watch but I wouldn't recommend it as "must see" tv.

A good recent UK show was "Being Human". They only got six episodes out of it (so far... I imagine it'll get a second series with ease) but it was a nice combination of light horror, comedy and drama.

Rhapsody

I recommend Season 1 and the last half of Season 3 of Heroes.  Season 2 started out alright, but due to the writer's strike and some truly shitty writing, quickly degenerated into absolute trash until midway through Season 3.  The last half of Season 3 started to see some of the old first season magic of Heroes back again since a few of the writers from Season 1 came back on board, even though a lot of it was retconning and fixing the fuck-ups of Season 2-3.5.

I'd recommend checking out Sanctuary (13 episode show so far that was born from a webcast, believe it not, due to come back for Season 2 soon). I'd also recommend Fringe -- it got a bit lackluster towards the middle of the season, but they went out so goddamn strong in the season finale that I'm actually itching for the new season to start up again. 

Also, if you can get through the first Fox-run episodes of Dollhouse, which is Joss Whedon's new baby, the last 7 episodes of the first season are asskickingly good.  If you're a fan of Whedon's work, you'll get to see a lot of old faces from Buffy and Firefly, and who doesn't like a little Helo in their day?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Jester

Ok thanks guys.

How about Sopranos? I watched the first series and enjoyed that.

Tom

Sopranos is hands-down the best drama series ever produced for TV. I would also like to suggest Mad Men which I think appeals to both men and women alike.

Maeven

Dexter (Showtime) and Rome (HBO) -- both are on DVD.  Both are really, really great.

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule