An Empire Asunder ~ In Need of An Emperor

Started by MarissaSeraphOfInsanity, July 28, 2013, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

The game should be up and running soon, but we're still currently accepting characters.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

LamentingQuill

Name: Brielle St. Clair
Title: Lady Brielle (Title a courtesy from her beloved older sister)
Faction: Castiana.
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Goal: To see her sister's goals accomplished. There is nothing Brielle would not do for Grace, she loves her sister more than anything else in the world. Brielle also hopes to find a good man to settle down with, someone whom will follow her sister as faithfully as she does.

Personality: Brielle has a very spunky and feisty disposition, she is intelligent  and learns new things very quickly. She is well versed in playing the part of the proper lady however, something she does out of love for her sister, Grace.

Brielle bares a very warm and kind heart, she always looks deeper for the good in others, but if you do anything to hurt anyone she cares for, especially her older sister, you had best watch out.

Biography:

Her entire life, Brielle has known nothing but a humble existence with very little money, only enough to keep her and her mother housed and just barely living.
Brielle has often asked her mother about her father, but frail sickly Liliana refused to answer those particular questions, she would merely sigh sadly and comment on how foolish she had been, that Brielle had been the only good thing to come out of the relationship.

When he mother succumbed to her sickness and died when Brielle was only sixteen, a local young man owning a somewhat  flourishing farm and a rather arrogant demeanor decided to step forward and bully Brielle in an engagement, fancying the beautiful blonde for himself.

However, on the eve that her wedding was meant to occur, a woman showed up on the farm belonging to her betrothed and claimed to her her older sister, the oldest daughter of her mysterious father.
Brielle wasn't sure what to believe, but there was nothing but concern and warmth in the eyes of the woman that had identified herself as Grace St. Clair, all of that and... truth.

Explaining to her sister that she did not want this marriage she was being bullied into, she thanked her lucky stars when her sister forbid the boy from ever coming near Brielle again and then took her back home with her, where Grace said she belonged.

Ever since that day, Brielle and Grace grew as close as any sisters could be, Brielle's loyalty and love for her sister unshakable and true to the core.

RedEve

Do any of the nobles have lands that border with Sahal?

My character might have plundered some villages in their domain, which would obviously make any meeting a bit awkward (and pretty awesome from an IC perspective).
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Sahal straddles the southern border of both the Empire and the Grand Duchy, so some nobles would share borders with it. Since all the fiefdoms are player created, I've left it up to you to decide where you're geographically located.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

RedEve

It's mentioned in my CS that Xhadea and her merry band of marauding plunderers have been mostly roaming the border areas, so it would make sense that any nobleman who has his or her seat in this area would be aware of her existence.

xPeachyPuff

I'm interested in this (: I've PMed the GM, Marissa, asking a couple of questions.

- Rainbow ♥

Caela

Marissa, thanks for the heads up on the GD being voted into her position. I'll modify Moira's background a bit to reflect that. :)

doodasaurus

Marissa, I think the half-sibling answer is easiest and pretty normal for a world with fourteenth century technology and no magic.  Peeps be dyin' in childbirth all the time, even Empresses!  And the questions about technology have all been answered to my satisfaction, but I'm good at seeing that sort of stuff as being special effects for a character's proposed awesomeness!

I could come up with a lot of questions, too, Marissa, but they would include words like subinfeudation and Imperial administration, so I reckon I'll keep 'em under my big, ugly hat.  ;D

RedEve, considering how large a landowner Aurelius naturally is, it is almost certain that he has at least *some* lands againt the Sahali border, though he does not administer them, himself.  Though along the borderlands, the territory is likely to be marches and they sorta exist to ward off invasions - and what are a few peasants/slaves/coloni among friends?  ;D

Caela

Quote from: RedEve on August 07, 2013, 07:26:57 AM
It's mentioned in my CS that Xhadea and her merry band of marauding plunderers have been mostly roaming the border areas, so it would make sense that any nobleman who has his or her seat in this area would be aware of her existence.

I would think that Moira would be aware of the problems Xhadea can cause along the border. She'd expect her border Nobles to handle her for the most part though she'd certainly be willing to send troops to help if the Noble in question needed them.

RedEve

I'd be more something that might be an issue should they meet at the actual conference.

Countdown0

Depending on how much trouble she causes, Aeren would possibly be aware of Xhadea, especially if she poached Imperial territory a lot. The question is, does she ever stay and skirmish with the Imperial military, or does she hit her target and slip away before anyone can do or say anything about it? If she stuck around, they may have even been on the same battlefield when they were a couple of years younger.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

AribethAmkiir

Name: Ellya Helen Hellatius
Title: Duchess of the Fallen Spire
Faction: Selician Empire
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Goal:  Ellya wants to return her House to prominence.  Her presence at the peace summit is threefold; to demonstrate House Hellatius’ loyalty to the Empire, to strengthen the alliances amongst the Imperials, and to form new alliances and trade agreements with the nobles of the Grand Duchy.

Personality: Ellya is a compassionate and passionate young woman.  She is eager to be heard, though wise enough to hold her tongue and knows when she shouldn't speak.  She respects the traditions of the empire though, at heart, she disagrees with certain decrees.  She believes she, or any woman, can rule just as well as a man, if not better.  Ellya values honesty, honor, loyalty, kindness, justice, and family.  Above all she wants what's best for her people and the empire.  She enjoys pursuing knowledge, hawking, lawn games, horseback riding, dancing, and helping others.  She prefers art and culture over warfare.

Appearance: Ellya is statuesque and slender with feminine curves.  She is of average height and build.  Her brown hair is often worn elegantly, though when not in public she prefers to wear it loose and long; it falls to her waist.  Her skin is unblemished and the color of cream.

Biography: Ellya was the youngest child, with two older brothers, of House Hellatius, a family line which had existed within the Empire for three hundred years.  Her great grandfather had been a trusted advisor in military and domestic matters to the Emperor, a position the House had occupied until Ellya’s older brothers’ deaths.  The eldest made the decision to hold his ground against overwhelming Grand Duchy forces; a decision that cost him his life, while Ellya’s other brother committed his forces against superior numbers in an attempt to regain the lost territory.  Now, Ellya is the only surviving heir to House Hellatius’ ancestral holdings.  Her father, while still alive, is bedridden and the family physicians believe he won’t last the year.

Ellya herself was raised by a governess and hardly knew her brothers or father, her mother died when she was young.  Despite this she was given everything she ever needed, aside from a parent’s love.  She was provided with the best education available in the empire and excelled in etiquette, diction, and articulation.  As a very young girl her compassion was limitless and unbridled.  She was known to smuggle injured animals into her bedchambers and attempt to nurse them back to health.  Eventually, she grew out of this habit and learned to guard her heart more carefully, even as her tutors slowly directed her education toward the healing arts.

Ellya is renown throughout the empire for her ability to heal and for founding charities for the ill and wounded soldiers.  She often visits the wounded soldiers who've been brought back from the front lines and has become far from squeamish at the sight of blood, disfigurement, or death.

While Ellya grieved for the loss of her brothers, as a dutiful sister, she was more shocked by the Emperor’s reaction and the fallout from her brothers’ defeats.  Since then, she has redoubled her efforts in the Empire and done her best to strengthen her House’s relationships with other Imperial Houses.  She fears another failure from her House may cause the Emperor to strip her family of land and title.

If her father had his way he would’ve married Ellya off years ago, however, the loss of his sons and his failing health have prevented him from arranging a suitable marriage.  This suits her as it places her in the uncommon position of arranging her own marriage.  House Hellatius’ holdings are prosperous and full of resources; the northern forests provide game and timber, numerous silver and gold mines litter the mountain ranges of their western border, and the Whitecap Bay allows access to the eastern sea. 

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Your character is approved, Aribeth. I'm going to put a shout out that we're in need of an Emperor. Once we have that and Ember's High Queen character, we should be able to commence.

doodasaurus

I am all about commencing.  I think commencing should happen ASAP.  ;D

Caela

Quote from: doodasaurus on August 07, 2013, 07:42:52 PM
I am all about commencing.  I think commencing should happen ASAP.  ;D

I second this motion!

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

And I third this motion! Bangs her gavel. The motion has passed ;D

Countdown0

My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Caela

doodasaurus

*high fives Caela*  Thanks for the assist.  ;D

Caela

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

I'll try to put up an OOC thread and a page for character sheets this afternoon, and might even get an IC thread up just to be a tease.

doodasaurus

Quote from: MarissaSeraphOfInsanity on August 07, 2013, 08:51:25 PM
I'll try to put up an OOC thread and a page for character sheets this afternoon, and might even get an IC thread up just to be a tease.

Aren't you, like, in Australia?  I'm not sure that saying "this afternoon" means much to me.  When is that?  In an hour?  Two days?  Does the international date line get involved?  I DON'T KNOW.  ;D

Chronoclasm

Quote from: doodasaurus on August 07, 2013, 08:55:03 PM
Aren't you, like, in Australia?  I'm not sure that saying "this afternoon" means much to me.  When is that?  In an hour?  Two days?  Does the international date line get involved?  I DON'T KNOW.  ;D

Well, right now it's 10:00 PM EST. Which makes it about 02:00 AM, GMT. Australia is somewhere between +8 and +10 GMT. Which means several things.

First. It means THAT OUR GM IS FROM THE FUTURE!!! and it's Thursday over there.

Second. It means that it's somewhere between 10:00 AM and noon for her, and this afternoon is just a few hours away.
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

doodasaurus

Dude, the future?!  That's no fair!  *shakes fist*