News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Legend of Korra roleplay

Started by vatovie, November 02, 2014, 11:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vatovie

It's a simple idea with a complex and fun potential. I was inspired to do this from other sites where I've seen this group but honestly I don't trust it to stay as a long term thing anywhere but here. The idea is that it is a rolpelay set in the Legend of Korra world after the events of season 2. So there are new air benders and spirits and such. Your character can be from any part of this world and with any reasonable back story. So no story characters or spirits without serious review and permission. Also no overpowered characters but that is a given. Any combat should be discussed by the two parties involved before hand to make sure no one is offended and it runs smoothly with the roleplay. If you want to just not plan the basic points of the fight like who wins then that's fine as long as long as everyone involved is okay with it.

This is just to gather interest though and I hope we can get enough people to make this a big thing. :)

vatovie

This is a bump and also an update on the basic plot I have in mind.  The new air benders have all the issues that go with it. So there will be the issues with the Earth Kingdom as well as some plot conflicts with the red lotus. So there will definitely be story characters but OC's are more encouraged. :)

akirakaneda

well im interested, although im more familiar to ang's story (i want to be a fire bender :P)

vatovie

Cool and that's fine as long as you know some stuff about the world or are willing to figure it out. Also cool fire benders are actually very much the good guys so far in the series. Zuko is still alive and rules them pretty well. :)

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Cuchulainn

I'm a little interested, I'd like to hear more about the plotline though

vatovie

For volunteers to be Korra I see no reason why you shouldn't unless more people show up at start asking before we get this set up.  Then I'll have to make an informed decision.  As for the basic plot.  It's similar to season 3 of the show.  There are the red lotus and a corrupt earth kingdom to deal with and the problem of spirits. As a large group roleplay it's more of a world with some basic conflicts built in that you decide your own plot and story within it. :)

vatovie

Another not so pointless bump to say I'm gonna wait until at least 7 people counting me are interested before I ask for permission to start up a big board for this. :)

vatovie

Another not so pointless bump as I wonder if anyone has any cool character ideas they want to talk about while we wait for more people to be interested. :)

vatovie

Look it's another bump.  This time reminding people that we only need a few more interested people.  Also that you can message me if your interested in this idea. 

akirakaneda

Quote from: vatovie on November 11, 2014, 08:33:04 AM
Another not so pointless bump as I wonder if anyone has any cool character ideas they want to talk about while we wait for more people to be interested. :)

well I am just watching the first chapters of korra, but i was wondering if we could re introduce the new ozai society :P

vatovie

Sounds good but they would kind of be treated like the modern Nazi party if they were public.  So they would be seen as crazy and barely a threat.  If they were secret though they would be seen as a joke by groups like the red lotus or what's left of the equalists.  The way to fix that is simply to make them have a member who can stop a red lotus member.  However they seem more like they would tend to be like the Nazis in The Blues Brothers where they are a joke villain and comic relif. Could go anyway really though. :)

vatovie

Yet another bump. come on the hundreds of people who viewed this, just post something. There is no way that all of you were interested enough in this to look at this but not enough to try to get it started. I would say that about a fifth of the people who have looked at this want it started at least. So just post something. I only need a few more people before I feel comfortable asking for a Sub board for this. :)

vatovie

Finally, and sadly, a pointless bump. :(

Primarch

I'll throw my hat in the ring for this one. Maybe a Metal Binder.

vatovie

Alright then.  I'll make the starting few threads soon. It will be an exotic small group definitely due to spirits being in the world.  The only question is should some non con and bondage be a large part of the story? Then it will be a bondage group.

vatovie

Screw it I'm making it in the bondage section where both non consensual and consensual are allowed.

Primarch

If anyone is interested in working out some mutual backstory/character connection for this game, feel free to send me a PM.

vatovie