[Shadowlight] D&D 5E Twin Campaigns - Opposing Parties - (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, January 29, 2017, 03:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Also you can get EB via magic initiate (bard would benefit greatly from it as they lack blaster cantrip if not count vicious mockery which does not always work out). However warlock gets invocations which turn EB into ultimate at-will control ability with knockbacks and also do silly amount of dmg with it when combined with hex and adding charisma mod to 1d10 force dmg (which btw has only single creature which is immune to force dmg compared to fire, cold, electricity etc). So even if warlocks lack spells known and spell slots, they make up with rather strong ability kits.

MiraMirror

I also have a healing spell, and a self-healing ability (once per long rest). =D
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 03, 2017, 10:50:27 AM
Also you can get EB via magic initiate

Considering how hard it is to get feats in 5E, I don't consider that a really huge point in favor or against any argument (for instance, my character is a 3/2, so I'm 2 levels before even looking at a feat).

Zaer Darkwail

Or one level short if you turn 3 into 4. Then 2 levels later turning 2 into 4 to get second feat and then have same amount of feats as regular 8th level char.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Wispyr

Quote from: Phaia on February 03, 2017, 10:14:54 AM
I was looking at the breakdown of the classes so far offered and was wondering. Is there a problem with clerics in 5e? No one offered a cleric concept and mine is the only rogue concept. I am curious as to why so many warlocks?
Warlocks tend to be popular because they're edgy! And they have some cool RP mechanics baked into them which is really nice in some cases.

We actually do have some clerics. As of current we have 2 full clerics (lvl5) and one "half cleric" (lvl2) - who I believe is taking cleric the rest of the way.

As for rogues we're a little more short. We only have two half rogues, one level 4 and one level 3. I was honestly more surprised not to see a ton of this class floating around.

That said these aren't the lowest. Right now we don't have a single ranger or wizard. No full sorcerers. We're actually overall pretty spellcasting light.

greenknight

Quote from: Wispyr on February 03, 2017, 12:32:07 PM
That said these aren't the lowest. Right now we don't have a single ranger or wizard. No full sorcerers. We're actually overall pretty spellcasting light.
You mean my firebolts and floating disks don't count?

(Sorry, I was trying to branch out and not play a ranger or ancient paladin.)
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

CeruleanSerenity

I haven't played a lot of 5e either, but I'd guess the only problem with clerics is that, to some people, they're just not as exciting as other classes. They're not just a walking first aid kit, but it's easy to think of them that way and I don't think it's inaccurate to say they're the most support-focused class in the game. And if you want that, bards and druids can be almost as good at healing while doing much more, and even paladins are pretty good at it (and they're great all around, in this edition).

Now, I've always liked clerics because I like being a walking first aid kit, but also because they can hold their own in a fight. I like being the one to keep the party alive while also being able to break a few bones in case anyone thinks I'm helpless. While I think clerics might be the worst full caster class of 5e (it feels like their spell list is more limited, their class abilities are a bit lackluster, and they're much worse at fighting than any martial class), but I think they're still pretty good and there are some useful spells either exclusive to them or only shared with paladins. They get sanctuary (takes a bonus action to cast, lasts a minute without concentration, and as long as you don't inflict damage, anyone that wants to hurt you has to make a Wisdom save first), spiritual weapon (also lasts without concentration, and basically lets you make a Wisdom-based attack as a bonus action each round), and command (a level 1 spell that can halt an enemy for one round), for example.

But then, every class seems pretty good in this edition. While some options are worse than others, the only class I dislike is the ranger... and I've never liked them much anyway.

Elysian Radiance

Which is why I plan on submitting a spellcaster since we're lacking. -le gasp- I'm still alive! I haven't hit the land of no interwebs yet, still driving there. Going to try to work on my sheet while I'm there though. ^_^
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on February 03, 2017, 01:12:20 PM
Which is why I plan on submitting a spellcaster since we're lacking. -le gasp- I'm still alive! I haven't hit the land of no interwebs yet, still driving there. Going to try to work on my sheet while I'm there though. ^_^

TURN BACK NOW!

Elysian Radiance

"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Phaia

I point out Wispyr that My character is also a wizard. Yes L1 but I had planned on the next several levels being wizard. Of course that depends on how things play out. It may be that staying a rogue is better over all.

Phaia

Wispyr

So many PM's... Soooo maaaany of theeeemmmmm.

On the plus side, just about everyone is at the character sheet stage, so I'm just about ready for the next one. Going to start working on that!

Wispyr

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on February 03, 2017, 08:36:55 PM
The next one!?
The next one! Bwhahaha.

Well, I mentioned when I sent the sheets out that I'll have some choices for you. Some characters also require some specialized information. There's equipment to finalize, plus I need to actually pick the approved characters... And decide if I'm going to tackle a third group. Plus I need to go over each sheet and make sure the numbers are all correct and what not.

Wispyr

GM Announcement
As I have just recived an additional 4 concept submissions, raising the grand total to 26 interested people I am going to be closing recruitment for this game effectively immediately. At this point I am, at best, only looking to take 15 people, I don't want to continue to gather more people that I may end up having to turn away from the game. Thank you for everyone who has shown interest in this game thus far, and for those that didn't have a chance to get in on this round of recruitment, I apologize - there's always another Wispyr Brand Game lurking around the corner!

Some things to note:

• At this point I will be locking the recruitment thread, so that it can sink as it is no longer serving its function of recruitment.
  • The characters that I am looking to approve will be determined no later then 12am CST 2/5/17. Character creation need not be completed by this time, but everyone will have an answer if they're going to move forward or not by this time.
  • I have not yet determined if a third group is something that I'm interested in running, however, with that said that will be determined by the time I do final approvals.
  • If you have submitted a concept, you will get a PM from me one way or the other about your status - no one will be left in limbo.
  • Approval is not contingent on being done with your character sheet. I am basing approvals largely on concept, as the stats can always be worked around. So if you're unable to finish things this weekend with me, that will not affect the likelihood that I do or do not approve your character for play.
  • Those who get the stamp of approval will be given a link to the incoming OOC thread where random conversation continue.
  • In the case that an approved character drops out, I will be keeping all interested parties in mind and reach out to the best fit before reopening recruitment.

• At this point if you have any further questions about the game, please contact me via PM.

Thank you all, again, for your participation and support with this game. Given what I've seen here I will certainly keep the idea of D&D on my list for future games as well.