Get An Education, Get A Job But What If Both Do Not Pan Out?

Started by Marguerite, April 22, 2010, 09:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

April 1st to 29th [228-249] - Get An Education, Then What?

I have done what I needed to do this semester especially in the classes I have signed up for, most of all, Latino/a Sexuality. It has been by far the best class I had this semester and even met a few new intriguing individuals. I even met someone who frequents a certain scene I have gone to and we talked about how the men in the class rarely speak up. Why? The women in the class, including moi, will go for the throat of the men if they start in on the stereotype of women needing to take the place of the housewife or be at the back and call of another. There was one male who was vehemently for women staying at home, cooking his dinner and not asking too many questions. He needed up being reamed by four other females, including myself that a woman's place is her own right and there are women who rather not be forced to take on a role that she does not want. The male ended up not coming to class for two weeks before he finally did show up though he never talked as of now when I last saw him in class this week.

The other classes are coming along fine even though I now regret taking a few three or two hours classes. I might be free for the rest of the week but sitting down for three hours has made me go idle. In fact, I use half of the time to study for other classes, prep for work or idly go on the internet. It is horrible and now I am planning to spread out my classes three days a week for an hour. Which means getting up in the morning when I have gotten used to sleeping on three days a week this past semester. Oh well, better since I will not have to leave in the middle of the day for classes or have to schedule my work, social, friends or familia because I have three hours in the middle of the day devoted to one class. Even now, I am surprised the friends, family and lovelies have been considerate with the schedule I had this semester.

Nonetheless, school has worked out very well and the summer it shall be about English and Psychology of Human Sexual Behavior. As you can see, past year has been about sex, sex and counseling. What? I had to throw in a little vanilla to keep the young ones from fainting or blushing red.

However, one must ask the questions of where do you go from an education? An education you hope can secure you a job you want or need? Will it still be there at the end of your college career?

With the way the economy is right now, it is becoming harder and harder to either keep a job or to get a job even with a great education to back you up. Many Elliquiy non-members and members have talked or wondered where their lives might be going with either their schooling or with work. Sometimes, both, depending on who you ask. I am a student and an individual who works, hoping the pay off of the loans will be right away with a job waiting for me right around the corner. More and more individuals are taking out loans in order to cover the costs of education. Sometimes, not enough to cover everything but textbooks and not even all of the textbooks. All of this for hoping a job or a career. However, take a look at the ads in the newspapers or even on websites, where even the simple jobs that used to be available to high school students now one needs a Master's degree.

I am not demeaning anyone's profession but with the times changing into what it is now, it is becoming almost cut throat and Spartacus-like. Two people go in, each with different experiences and both not knowing who is going to leave the arena with a job or even the possibility of a job. Having heard of individuals going to five, ten, twenty job interviews and nothing coming from it unless it the hiring managers promising to get back to the person, it can be daunting. It can be frustrating and it can be a mood killer.

Jobs are disappearing but new jobs are springing up. One can only hope the sacrifice for an Associate's, a Bachelors or even a vocational degree can secure them better work. I hope my hard work and the work of others in either education or moving up the work ladder will not all be in vain. That it will all not all go to waste.

Marguerite
Miss Marguerite & The City
Day 228-249 Pt. 2

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You