Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Amelia on January 04, 2012, 10:11:40 AM
No sheet up yet, Swashbuckler.

And Yay! Dis <3

Also for others who might wanna plot. I'll either bring a 1st/2nd year girl or her brother. (If the game needs more guys I'll bring Dominik, if not then I bring Kristina.) Both are easy to make friends with and all for Quidditch! (He'll be going for a beater position, she for a chaser, in whatever house they end up in.)

I've pretty much decided that Niall will be into Quidditch to.  Now if he'll actually play is completely up to how Aiden and Kendra decide to choose those things :)

Also.....oooohhhh I can't wait to see either your Dom or Kris!

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Swashbuckler

Exactly so, Absinthe Tori!  *wink*

I am sorely tempted to take a cat as well....

but the SMALLEST CAT...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: Swashbuckler on January 04, 2012, 11:00:58 AM

It wasn't hard I just googled it hehe

Haloriel

Are you sure that's not an owl snack?   :P

Quote from: Swashbuckler on January 04, 2012, 11:00:58 AM

I am sorely tempted to take a cat as well....

but the SMALLEST CAT...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Haloriel on January 04, 2012, 11:09:54 AM
Are you sure that's not an owl snack?   :P

Haloriel, how could you think such a thing!  Wee Lord Rodrigo is a cat of high caliber and prestige!  Why, he'd claw his way out of an owl in a jiff!

Aiden

Is now up, please post in the appropriate thread.

Keep the chit-chat here and post your sheets in the other thread.

Felt it was needed with the speed of this thread, sheets would get lost!

Jag

*gets to work revising her profile for the sheet*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Amelita

Quote from: Swashbuckler on January 04, 2012, 11:25:19 AM
Haloriel, how could you think such a thing!  Wee Lord Rodrigo is a cat of high caliber and prestige!  Why, he'd claw his way out of an owl in a jiff!

Kristina's cat Tiger says: "mreeeuw" which means "I'mma eat you, birdy turd" in cat language

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Swashbuckler

The utter cruelty!!  Flee, Rodrigo, flee!!!

Aiden

My money is on Rodgrigo, we all know how awesome Pig was.

TheHangedOne

By the way, I asked this yesterday, and don't think it ever got answered, but how common are shield cloaks and other shield items going to be? Would it be possible to start a character off with one, maybe saying it was a gift from a family member?

Also, is it possible for Mori to be a kneazle, or a half-kneazle?  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Vandren

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 04, 2012, 06:48:34 AM
I beleive they have created specific spells that prevent Muggles from seeing magical items and creatures.

There's also the fact that Muggles automatically revise events to fit their worldview--a bridge collapses, it must be metal fatigue, not Death Eaters; a hiker goes missing, they must have gotten lost and died of exposure, not eaten by giants.  Centaurs are given territories where Muggles won't bother them, such as the Forbidden Forest in the UK.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

undisclosedtoyou

*Pouts at the injustice of having to go to work and celebrate things tonight!*  I won't be able to fill out the sheet until much later tonight.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 04, 2012, 11:40:45 AM
By the way, I asked this yesterday, and don't think it ever got answered, but how common are shield cloaks and other shield items going to be? Would it be possible to start a character off with one, maybe saying it was a gift from a family member?

Also, is it possible for Mori to be a kneazle, or a half-kneazle?  :-)

Kendra answer that but this thread blew up so here it is.

in the wiki we have it pretty much cataloged that those type of items are rare and would have to be pre-approved by the GM's ;)
if the Weasley's made anything like them then they were only joke items ;)
students will be learning shield charms however  ;D

Quote from: Kendra on January 03, 2012, 07:43:42 PM
in the wiki we have it pretty much cataloged that those type of items are rare and would have to be pre-approved by the GM's ;)
if the Weasley's made anything like them then they were only joke items ;)
students will be learning shield charms however  ;D

As for your cat, he can have some Kneazle in his family, but not a pureblood kneazle since those would require a license since they are classified as a minor threat to incompetent wizards. Not calling your wizard incompetent but safety has to be taken into consideration.

Jag

Quote from: Aiden on January 04, 2012, 11:49:54 AM
...they are classified as a minor threat to incompetent wizards.

*giggles*

Sorry, I've always found it funny that they have a category that involves incompetent wizards safety.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

TheHangedOne

Thanks, Aiden. Although, when the Weasley's made the shield items, they legitimately worked. Half Blood Prince mentions that the Ministry actually ordered 500 shield hats from the Weasley's. http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Cloak

Edit: Not making any argument against the ruling, mind you, just pointing out that it wasn't really a joke item, since they actually worked.
Check out my poet tree!

Caela

Haloriel, as one of the few other older students, we need to find out our Houses and do some plotting!

Kokaine

*peeks in and waves hello*

Alright, Oliver is in the works! If any one wants a good natured rivalry (or not so good natured) or some other sort of connection, let me know. He's a first year and muggle-born. :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Kendra

Evening all - sorry work has been scary busy today so couldn't even get on my emails to check stuff out >.<

For the character sheet could you all make sure pretty please that your images are cropped down to 150 x200 as if they are an avatar size portrait :)
will totally love you guys up forevars!! if you do  ;D

will scroll through this manic bunch of posts to see what questions have been posted up and will try to answer as best we can  C:)

*luvs on the HP nutz* <3

well the orignal hats they used were jokes - the only cloaks that students are permitted on Hogwarts are school cloaks - but of course if something else is sneaked in to the school then there's not a lot that can be done but we'd rather these were taken up with the GM's first - so that we don't have every student suddenly running around with mass amounts of protection - what fun would that be  >:)

Aiden

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 04, 2012, 11:55:46 AM
Thanks, Aiden. Although, when the Weasley's made the shield items, they legitimately worked. Half Blood Prince mentions that the Ministry actually ordered 500 shield hats from the Weasley's. http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Cloak

Edit: Not making any argument against the ruling, mind you, just pointing out that it wasn't really a joke item, since they actually worked.

Ohh a Cloak like that, it won't have much of an impact (unless you play with the optional battle system and even then it will not be allowed to make things fair). Just join the dueling club and you won't need a cloak like that, Varius will train you to be a bad ass.  >:)

As for money, your guys can choose how rich or poor your families are, we don't have a system in mind to monitor money. I am sure those of you who have a concept of your characters can pick how financially stable they may or may not be.

Caela- Once you give me your quiz, I will send you both your results so you may plot.

Haloriel

Plotting ... did I hear plotting?  Muhahaha.  Though I also agree.

~works on Character sheet in the mean time~

Quote from: Caela on January 04, 2012, 11:57:05 AM
Haloriel, as one of the few other older students, we need to find out our Houses and do some plotting!

TheHangedOne

Hmm, speaking of pictures, does anybody want to help me find one for Red?  :-\ I suck at finding pictures.

Also, if anybody reads over my sheet for Red and thinks that their could be an interesting relationship of any sort with their character, feel free to PM me.

*Resumes tinkering on character sheet.*
Check out my poet tree!

Aiden

Timeline

Vincent R. Proudmane becomes the new Minister of Magic after Kingsley Shacklebolt retires.
    Harry Potter becomes the new Head Auror for the Ministry.
    Hufflepuff win both Quidditch and House cup

The new Dragon Nursery is opened and it becomes a quick attraction within the school. Actual Dragon eggs are raised and hatched, the whelps nursed and fed until they become to big and dangerous to remain on school grounds. All are shipped to the various Dragon Reserves around the world.
    Slytherin win the quidditch cup and Ravenclaw win the House cup.

Professor Edwina Strongarm announces she is pregnant and tenders her resignation to be in effect at the end of that school year June of 2010.
    Gryffindor win the House cup and Slytherin win the quidditch cup.

Talyn Selvridge-Proudmane is declared the new Gryffindor Head of House.
    Gryffindor win the House and Quidditch cup.

Slughorn retires after the 2011 school year. Varius Tseric is appointed the new Head of Slytherin House and believed to be the DADA professor for the new school year 2012.
    Slytherin win the House and Quidditch cup.

These are the most recent events for the school, we left it sketal you older students will have to make up some memories of your own. We mostly posted staff changes and winnings.

Kendra

Quote from: Aiden on January 04, 2012, 12:03:58 PM

Caela- Once you give me your quiz, I will send you both your results so you may plot.

well to be fair on every one else who have posted their sorting quiz to us and have no character sheet up, she can't get any results until the CS is done and approved first ;)

@ Lunar - pets allowed at Hogwarts will only be toads, cats and owls  ;)

Haibane

With ten pages of player interest in 24 hours something special must be going on here and from what I see so far this could be THE game of 2012 so I think people will be kicking themselves if they can't say "I was there in the beginning" so I'm in. Oooh, it has a shiney Aiden in it too, another reason to join.