Anonymous Access of Elliquiy

Started by Keelan, May 26, 2011, 07:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keelan

Okay, I'm going to be going home for a few months (unfortunately) starting this Saturday, and the entire family at one of the houses I'll be at uses a home-grade modem-router combo provided by the ISP, and it may or may not be capable of logging site access on the user end.  Likewise, the parents are capable technologically, more than capable enough to check the logs...

So, basically, I'm trying to keep my access to E - and other locations - from being found out, and while I may be able to go on and disable logging on the router, I would prefer a backup plan.  As it stands I use Windows 7, Firefox 3.6, and Tor now (courtesy of Veks' suggestion, and I'm basically writing this to look for a second opinion), but I don't know all the details involved with proxies, IP masking, etc., so I don't know if I'm accomplishing my intended goal with that particular program.

Any and all suggestions and advice are appreciated, and if there is no way for me to accomplish this (without spending cash, I should add) someone let me know so I know what to expect.  Thank you everyone in advance.

Jag

Some browsers allow a private/incognito mode. Not sure if this is the kind of backup plan you're looking for, but I figure it's worth taking a look at:

Google Chrome Incognito Mode Information

I'm not sure how much help that is against ISP Logging your sites, but worth looking at.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Keelan

Ah, that is not quite what I'm looking for, which is preventing the recording of cookies and browsing history.  I'm looking to keep the home modem-router from logging it, not my own personal history.  Thanks anyway though ^_^

Vekseid

If you actually got Tor running successfully, you should be able to notice the speed difference. In that case, it's working  : )